VN Ren'Py Highway to Hell [v0.5.0] [Mad King Games]

3.60 star(s) 13 Votes

moonshadow

May 6, 2017
Well best of luck to the Mad King with this one.
Let's see how far we get into this game before this too is either dropped or put on hold.

Too early to say anything really as this is just a "0.1" version. It could do with some proofreading. Not the worst I've seen though, but a bit here and there.
There was no real "hook" for me in this version.
Nothing that pulled me in, nothing making me feel "oh cant wait for the next update".
It's more likely that by this time tomorrow, I will already have forgotten about this game (then again I'm old lol)
And as mentioned, on top of that, this one will probably end up abandoned or on hold as well.

But for real though, best of luck to Mad King. Maybe this is the game that actually gets finished. :LOL:

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Well best of luck to the Mad King with this one.
Let's see how far we get into this game before this too is either dropped or put on hold.

Too early to say anything really as this is just a "0.1" version. It could do with some proofreading. Not the worst I've seen though, but a bit here and there.
There was no real "hook" for me in this version.
Nothing that pulled me in, nothing making me feel "oh cant wait for the next update".
It's more likely that by this time tomorrow, I will already have forgotten about this game (then again I'm old lol)
And as mentioned, on top of that, this one will probably end up abandoned or on hold as well.

But for real though, best of luck to Mad King. Maybe this is the game that actually gets finished. :LOL:
Come on, man. Cut Mad King some slack. He's been working on Vis for 4 years. Ever think he might've needed a break, before he burned out? A few devs do the same thing and put games on hold for awhile and work on something new.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Thank you. I was going ask another question, but, you covered it in response to someone else's question. lol
I find myself disliking the fact that I am agreeing with you....

JK, just wanted to say the same back after I saw your comment and was thinking the same thing :KEK:

another game for us gentlemen to add to our collection this one seems.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Come on, man. Cut Mad King some slack. He's been working on Vis for 4 years. Ever think he might've needed a break, before he burned out? A few devs do the same thing and put games on hold for awhile and work on something new.
O didn't realize it was the dev of VIS, been putting off that one cause of the avoidable NTR, nothing against the game, I just prioritize games without any in it. (although these days I don't even touch ones with any at all... but already invested in VIS, so it gets some slack).

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Hi,

There will be no lesbian content, as mainly because its seen as NTR.
I assume that doesn't include MFF content though? (although given your other comment, it seems that will be avoidable).

p.s. I know it was already mentioned, but Cheers for listing the type of incest. Quick questions on that though, the sister content, is it the one sister or more? and are they older or younger. and um... virgin? (or MC already took it?)

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I find myself disliking the fact that I am agreeing with you....

JK, just wanted to say the same back after I saw your comment and was thinking the same thing :KEK:

another game for us gentlemen to add to our collection this one seems.
:ROFLMAO: Good on ya. lol And damn it! I have to agree with you again on adding this to the collection. It's becoming a habit. :LOL: But, not many in my collection at the moment. I find myself losing interest in a lot of games for one reason or another these days. It could even be just a little thing and I'm just done with it.

Reactions: bobdillan

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
View attachment 2521481 Dev is constantly making and leaving games, for some reason no project gives confidence anymore but I will still play this game...
To be fair... the games dropped were female protag, while Vis was put on hold at v2.0.

So from my perspective, it would seem the female protag games failed because the main audience madking has is male protag audience, and possibly mostly harem and romance, given how this game is cutting out optional anti-harem and anti-romance content that VIS has.

Although this is purely my speculation with the current knowledge I have, could be simply that Mad King just didn't feel those games were something worth continuing and was just a spur of the moment idea that didn't pan out.

And maybe they are even considering reworking VIS, and this could be both to create another story they want to create, but also see if it may be worth gutting some of the content in VIS in a rework and bringing it more in line with their current goals and brand.

Again this could just be me over-analyzing :S but these are things I would personally be thinking if I was making games, like if my audience and market has changed, do I want that change? do I change my content with it? or do I change my content to get back to the audience I desire? bunch of things to think about as a dev. And sometimes... you gotta cut things and redo things.

• Haha
Reactions: eeyye
Dec 8, 2020
Am i the only one that is hoping that we actually have a friend and not the incest/harem trope of friend perving on mc family and girls as a way to make mc act but instead we have a friend that encourages and supports. And also we dont get the friend that everyone wants to kill because all they do is cause shit for mc but instead we get someone useful and helps and mc and rely on as mc handles shit. We appear to have a mc that can handle himself so just hope the friend is not a plot to slow mc down then poof when no longer needed.

NathanD7

Jun 30, 2018
So far, really liking this. I hope this new project of yours continues and makes strides. I hope you make the game with your vision and not others who tell you what to add and not to add. Good luck with this game.

3.60 star(s) 13 Votes