• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Unity Abandoned High Tail Hall: New Cyana [v0.1e Alpha] [HTH studios]

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Onebiglotus

Mar 19, 2018
I feel like I could be one person who would be exactly the person to shed light on this.... :rolleyes:

It's insane the lengths people will go to fund these projects. So many of them are borderline manic for these characters. hundreds of dollars, and years of time for a mid-tier dating simulator

Reactions: observer80
Mar 18, 2018
I feel like I could be one person who would be exactly the person to shed light on this.... :rolleyes:

It's insane the lengths people will go to fund these projects. So many of them are borderline manic for these characters. hundreds of dollars, and years of time for a mid-tier dating simulator
Do you know any youtubers who'd be good at sheddng light on this? Especially with many people overlooking that Crowtard was the one who let those "data breachers" in.

D4n0w4r

May 21, 2020
I've known about HTH ever since it first hit Newgrounds so many years ago. Don't have any concrete details on why it all went wrong though, outside of just general incompetence. Wish crowchild did an interview at some point, but he's rather reclusive in comparison to other devs.

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
I've known about HTH ever since it first hit Newgrounds so many years ago. Don't have any concrete details on why it all went wrong though, outside of just general incompetence. Wish crowchild did an interview at some point, but he's rather reclusive in comparison to other devs.
I'm right there with you during the Newgrounds escapades. The future looked bright then. There was also a lot of Furry bashing back then too, people reviewing the flash animations with "Yiff in hell fur F", (to censor it a little). It could have been that his idea was niche at the time, so a lot of people had general hate for it, causing some anxiety for Crow. I'll admit, I'm glad I didn't go the game developer rout, people can be jerks.

I'm sure Crow had to deal with a lot of people shitting on his works, so he slipped down the reclusive path. I kept reading in places that he'd say he tried to hire people to help him code, but there was either trust issues or incompetence on their part. I'm not inclined to believe that, since a lot of the social issues tend to stem from Crow being generally unstable.

And then after his "fires" in the apartment, and a second one...well, there came to be some variations. He started to expand in a way that made more empty space, and tried to be complex but actually fell flat.

Kelly Johnson, an engineer once said, "Keep it simple stupid." That little phrase rings so loud, but I also feel that Crow knows he backed himself into a corner with this. He very well could scrap the whole project and do simpler, but he knows he'll get backlash for restarting for...i dunno? A hundredth time?
Exaggerating, I know.
honestly, starting over is way better than sitting there and spinning his wheels forever, in my opinion.

Onebiglotus

Mar 19, 2018
From taking apart that code hundreds of times to make changes and fixes, and you can see throughout his development process where he thinks he can scale out something but clearly doesn't have the means to do so so leaves it empty. you can see throughout his development process where he thinks he can scale out something but clearly doesn't have the means to do so so leaves code endpoints but no code. There's a different developer working on this now with him writing code. I'd have no idea what his production quality is but the updates are still very slow.

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
Anyone have the latest version of New Cyana?
I have not checked in a year. Maybe...a year and a half. The grape vines here say there has not been any worthwhile updates to really make a fuss over. So...that'd be the main reason why (this) is not updated to current.

Now if there was something substantial to really gloss over, then yeah, there might be rhyme and reason to pirate a current version. But as it stands (to my knowledge!) It's pointless until there are actual content updates.

Mar 21, 2023
I have not checked in a year. Maybe...a year and a half. The grape vines here say there has not been any worthwhile updates to really make a fuss over. So...that'd be the main reason why (this) is not updated to current.

Now if there was something substantial to really gloss over, then yeah, there might be rhyme and reason to pirate a current version. But as it stands (to my knowledge!) It's pointless until there are actual content updates.
Just curious since the version I have is like from 2019.

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
Decided to read the thread in it's entirety, and I realized something.

20 Years!!

20 years of slamming it in his (unwed) cock sleeve wife, and smoking weed off the money he scammed people with.

May god judge his soul fairly after what he’s done. But damn is he good at keeping his little sheep in order and giving just the slightest glimmer of hope. “Oh yes daddy! Yes daddy-please give me more! You are still putting up updates right? Oh wow! A new map that is completely void of life! I’m filled with determination! Take my money! You will stop beating my ass with a whip now, right daddy? Daddy?!

This is really some kind of abuse. It shows how much he’s in the wrong as everyone that’s helped him has left; except those he puts in power as moderators, they get the shits and giggles of banning whoever gives them lip, and his little cum dump slut because she gets a daily dose of dick.

Smh, this little turd fucker has everything he needs, doesn't he?

BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
Decided to read the thread in it's entirety, and I realized something.

20 Years!!

20 years of slamming it in his (unwed) cock sleeve wife, and smoking weed off the money he scammed people with.

May god judge his soul fairly after what he’s done. But damn is he good at keeping his little sheep in order and giving just the slightest glimmer of hope. “Oh yes daddy! Yes daddy-please give me more! You are still putting up updates right? Oh wow! A new map that is completely void of life! I’m filled with determination! Take my money! You will stop beating my ass with a whip now, right daddy? Daddy?!

This is really some kind of abuse. It shows how much he’s in the wrong as everyone that’s helped him has left; except those he puts in power as moderators, they get the shits and giggles of banning whoever gives them lip, and his little cum dump slut because she gets a daily dose of dick.

Smh, this little turd fucker has everything he needs, doesn't he?
Now you making me to read the whole narrative behind HTH Studios and his individual creator himself to have a glimpse of what you just wrote on this post :eek:!

Like i only know of a few so called game devs on which their game been still on development during 5 years, 8 or even 10! fucking unreal but on this day and age you really have to ask twice if these stories and the whole dark side of such it's based on to give yourself a reality check on how some people live off milking a dead horse after many many years lol.

Reactions: observer80

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
Now you making me to read the whole narrative behind HTH Studios and his individual creator himself to have a glimpse of what you just wrote on this post :eek:!

Like i only know of a few so called game devs on which their game been still on development during 5 years, 8 or even 10! fucking unreal but on this day and age you really have to ask twice if these stories and the whole dark side of such it's based on to give yourself a reality check on how some people live off milking a dead horse after many many years lol.
You can milk a dead horse. It just pops out the glands with a little flag that says "Bang!" printed on it.

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
Maybe i'm a schizo but how is RLD priority over new cyana?

Isn't supposed to be backwards? unless i forgot anything about new cyana having ingame audio voice lines?
I think since RLD is a smaller game, it is easier to implement changes there and for testing. New Cyana is bigger, but since they run basically the same, those changes should be brought over there from RLD.

Reactions: BruceMcGivern

DS2022

Oct 29, 2022
I think since RLD is a smaller game, it is easier to implement changes there and for testing. New Cyana is bigger, but since they run basically the same, those changes should be brought over there from RLD.
That I believe is the idea that Crow n' company have stated and to some extent it makes sense. Less girls, smaller map, more room to play around with the system and learn what you're doing.

Yet it's been half a decade and the progress he's made is abysmal. The sum of it being that he's added a few interior areas and his latest update of adding sound is underwhelming as I was only able to listen in to that one conversation from the preview (but obviously in full) It was quite hard to hear since the sound mixing wasn't that great.

The AI voices, while (hopefully) stand-ins, can sound decent for a few characters but still are very robotic for most. Hell I can't decide what's worse: that Crow used AI for Ginger even though the VA is still around for whatever reason or the VA did voice this update and sounds as robotic as the AI. I don't even want to go over the bugs or even missing features Crow took out for this one.

This is an update that probably should of taken a few months, 3 at most, to make and have been done several years ago. It took 8-9 months since the last "major" update and people are still eating it up and wowed by the voices...which are AI.

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote