Unity Abandoned High Tail Hall: New Cyana [v0.1e Alpha] [HTH studios]

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
If and when I get moments of time, sure. I still might do a bit of digging and need to sort all of it out but I'll definitely get it uploaded when I can.
As we know, HTH Studios is a business. Therefore, the entity should be registered.
Well, here are the details and paper work on the entity. Because it's a business, it is publicly known. If you know where to look.

It's a really informative look into his model. "Crow" has been notoriously Noncompliant and Delinquent. I assume this means paying taxes to the big man.

Go nuts.

Reactions: observer80

D4n0w4r

May 21, 2020
I am encouraging ANYONE here to contact any great furry youtube video essayer to finally, once and for all, expose how much of a sham this entire project has been. Dig up as much research as possible on HTH's development, go around and find former employees (FOSSIL, Evie and LittleRedPanda too) to interview them. Encourage the essayer to give this video a name it deserves, like "The Other Yanderdev" or "The Worst Furry Game Project".

20 fucking years and Crowchild has never once delivered anything content complete. And I'm also guessing that fire (2003) and the bricked hard drive (2008) were outright lies as well.
I could just be talking out of my ass here, but I think Crowchild made a post on his website about Fossil's situation ages ago. IIRC, he was complaining about how they had to go separate ways because, due to taxes or something, it was harder to pay Fossil as an employee because they didn't both live in the same state (Crowchild lives in Wyoming, I think). Sounded like a pretty dumb excuse, but that's par for the course for him.

I still would like to see a video covering this whole trainwreck. While a lot of this is petty, the 2018 data breach would be damning enough on its own.

johnnyton

Jun 5, 2021
I could just be talking out of my ass here, but I think Crowchild made a post on his website about Fossil's situation ages ago. IIRC, he was complaining about how they had to go separate ways because, due to taxes or something, it was harder to pay Fossil as an employee because they didn't both live in the same state (Crowchild lives in Wyoming, I think). Sounded like a pretty dumb excuse, but that's par for the course for him.

I still would like to see a video covering this whole trainwreck. While a lot of this is petty, the 2018 data breach would be damning enough on its own.
I think Crow lives in Colorado, since that's where his "business" is established.
Could be wrong, though.

FnG92

Jan 20, 2019
I got banned years ago from HTHstudios website for leaking Flash files from Crow's Website as far as paying for goods and services. I have some idea how they tracked me down and figured out it was me. Cookies and trackers embedded in my system at the time. Invasive stuff to be sure, that DMCA crap he was paying for at the time. The only reason I leaked flash files is because he did not have an offline player for them at the time. The chaps on U18 were cracking the protection and enabling offline playing. Which is what I wanted instead of having to log in every time.

Always Online sucks ass.

Crow had promised offline play, and years later, years later, he delivered. But I stopped giving him money, since his site had me flagged by name and address. So I went on to pay for T.I.T.S. for years since it was an ongoing functioning project. I check in now and then to see how far Crow has come. And the man still has not gotten his priorities in order or hired a team.

Someone recommended in thread someone get one of the furry eassayers on YouTube on the case, and it would make for some good entertainment. Been following Crow since Newgrounds, he likely is around forty now by my estimates or late thirties to early forties. Ultimately I feel that he never will finish his projects, just always be one step behind on certain things.

It is not like he is lacking for ideas, just the ability to lock in on stuff and complete it.

DS2022

Oct 29, 2022
Been following Crow since Newgrounds, he likely is around forty now by my estimates or late thirties to early forties. Ultimately I feel that he never will finish his projects, just always be one step behind on certain things.
He has stated that he worked on the original HTH when he was 17 (though I guess didn't publish until 18?) so yeah he's roughly around in his late 30s, getting to 40s.

As to never finishing projects, I'm almost convinced that around or after 2018, he just got burned out. Patreon posts I've tracked dramatically decreased (I think there's only been 6 this year total so far, and that's a new low!), no new art, fewer updates further spread apart, it's all just falling apart. But since he's been working on this whole thing for most of his life now and presumably doesn't want to work something like a factory or office job, he can't really just shut it all down and lose whatever money he still has coming to him. He really needed to hire programmers that know what they're doing and just stick to a producer/director lead.

May 31, 2021
I think Crow lives in Colorado, since that's where his "business" is established.
Could be wrong, though.
He has stated that he worked on the original HTH when he was 17 (though I guess didn't publish until 18?) so yeah he's roughly around in his late 30s, getting to 40s.
Thanks to U.S. not really protecting citizens personal data, you can find most of that in public databases online easily:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's not hard to find the same data for the second person residing on that address. The joke is, that one government public database censors the year of birth date, another database censors the date part but not the year.:LOL:

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
Let's just say both have reasons for not meeting dead lines.
Well, okay. But it feels like we're beating around the bush here.
Ren & Stempy had something to show for, even if it ran for about half a decade? Something like that, I think it aired for 5 years.

Deadline or not, I enjoyed the cartoons, and I never thought any less of the people who made it. I'm not familiar with what you may be insinuating, not even a little. To say I'm in the dark about whatever fiasco you may or may not be implying would be correct.

I can't draw any similarities between this "game" and a cartoon made creation in the golden era of animation. In fact, I'd wager, and this is my opinion, but it is ridiculous to compare the two.

I don't know. I very could well look up the answers I want, about the whole deadline thing. But what if I miss something? What if I don't get what you are implying? Suppose I go and missread something and get my facts incorrect? While the reverse may be true and I can learn something, it also bothers me that what you say about the conflict be of a different opinion, and may change the meaning of your wording drastically.

How do I know what reality is real? A reality that Is suggested by a search engine, or one that brings up the ordeal of John K. and Crows madness? Who's right? Who's wrong? What were you going to say about it? Would it have been what I searched? I do not know. Please feed me daddy. I need nourishment of knowledge to consume and digest fully to incorporate into the folds of my gray matter. It seeks the slain blood, to learn of those that's passed to survive the future.

Christ I'm fucking bored. When with HTH make something good?

Reactions: Red Sand

Onebiglotus

Mar 19, 2018
Well, okay. But it feels like we're beating around the bush here.
Ren & Stempy had something to show for, even if it ran for about half a decade? Something like that, I think it aired for 5 years.

Deadline or not, I enjoyed the cartoons, and I never thought any less of the people who made it. I'm not familiar with what you may be insinuating, not even a little. To say I'm in the dark about whatever fiasco you may or may not be implying would be correct.

I can't draw any similarities between this "game" and a cartoon made creation in the golden era of animation. In fact, I'd wager, and this is my opinion, but it is ridiculous to compare the two.

I don't know. I very could well look up the answers I want, about the whole deadline thing. But what if I miss something? What if I don't get what you are implying? Suppose I go and missread something and get my facts incorrect? While the reverse may be true and I can learn something, it also bothers me that what you say about the conflict be of a different opinion, and may change the meaning of your wording drastically.

How do I know what reality is real? A reality that Is suggested by a search engine, or one that brings up the ordeal of John K. and Crows madness? Who's right? Who's wrong? What were you going to say about it? Would it have been what I searched? I do not know. Please feed me daddy. I need nourishment of knowledge to consume and digest fully to incorporate into the folds of my gray matter. It seeks the slain blood, to learn of those that's passed to survive the future.

Christ I'm fucking bored. When with HTH make something good?
It's not fucking happening and I'm not wasting more hours making mods from scraps

-FlavorTown-

Aug 2, 2017
I am encouraging ANYONE here to contact any great furry youtube video essayer to finally, once and for all, expose how much of a sham this entire project has been. Dig up as much research as possible on HTH's development, go around and find former employees (FOSSIL, Evie and LittleRedPanda too) to interview them. Encourage the essayer to give this video a name it deserves, like "The Other Yanderdev" or "The Worst Furry Game Project".

20 fucking years and Crowchild has never once delivered anything content complete. And I'm also guessing that fire (2003) and the bricked hard drive (2008) were outright lies as well.

The problem with Crow is that he was always decent at character design and art but is not a good animator or programmer. You can see a big difference in quality when you compare his work with the scenes that Fossil assisted with (Goldie Doggystyle for instance). He also really seems to suck at managing a business. He just needed 1 or 2 other employees to help him with development and I have no doubt he could have been pulling in huge Patreon numbers. Instead he made stupid decisions like taking on the entire development of the game by himeself, which slows down updates and hurts quality, or rebranding/remaking the same game several times without officially fininshing the previous builds. I get the impression that he had this grande vision for HTH like he was making the Duke Nukem Forever of furry games. He used to be a well known and respected member of the furry community and had a head start yet he ruined his own reputation and squandered his potential. Kind of a shame.

Dark_Messiah

Apr 19, 2017
I can understand having a small dev team, a big one does sometimes get in the way... but he doesn't have a dev team at all...

There is only so much 1 person can do. So when things didn't go his way like with the rio dvd, he just made something up like the fire, data loss, or that his dog logged into his pc and deleted everything(this last one was a joke). And don't get me wrong, i'm fine with him remaking his game, especially in kinda 3d where you can walk around properly, the problem is when he has no idea of what he is doing. You can get away with it if it is flash, because all you have to do is just keep releasing scenes and you can rake in the money. The devs of furry beach club understand this, that game is basically an interactive gallery, so was hth2, but the moment you add things like proper movement, environment and 3d space into the mix you already need proper understanding of the engine you chose and how to program for it, which he obviously doesn't have... i mean just look at new Cyana and how it runs or used to run. It ran like garbage even though it was mostly 2d sprites even back then.

So now, we have someone who instead of releasing a scene every few weeks, releases nothing for months or years aside from minor updates to environment and code because he doesn't understand how unity works.

So, if crow ever comes to these forums and should he ever read this thread, which i highly doubt he would, here is some advice for you, hire a coder or 2 who know what they're doing, hire an animator or 2 who know what they're doing, as for you just do what you do best... character design. In fact, you could also hire an environment artist to make your world and a 3d modeller if you want to turn your character designs into 3d characters. 1 person can only do so much, your team doesn't have to be huge to be successful, just big enough so that you can release something worth paying for.

Reactions: limesseur
May 31, 2021
.... He also really seems to suck at managing a business. He just needed 1 or 2 other employees to help him with development ...
He did have short help from others. Like Fossil, or Evie Smash who basically started up Unity3D game project for him. But Crow seems to be too toxic to work with even for those most willing.
If he would like to pay some freelancer to do the job, he still would be unable to even write down the specification of objectives & requirements of the job to be done. And that's after he finds someone competent and experienced who is willing to work with Crow, on stuff of such nature and who would even touch the disaster of code Crow has botched up.

Reactions: observer80

DS2022

Oct 29, 2022
I can understand having a small dev team, a big one does sometimes get in the way... but he doesn't have a dev team at all...

1 person can only do so much, your team doesn't have to be huge to be successful, just big enough so that you can release something worth paying for.
Crow "technically" does have someone helping him code since '22 but for the most part they don't feel like they make progress any faster. As far as I can tell, he cleans up the code and maybe makes some certain programs, like dialogue. A lot of work seems to be handed off to him as well and I just can't tell if Crow's work is just that bad to untangle or if he's only slightly more competent than Crow.

To add salt on the wound, other erotic indie games I've seen have been performing far better with small teams and clearly someone who knows how to code everything. Price for Freedom: Avarice has gone through 31 builds in the last, what, 7 years? Look up the team and you realize they've only have one guy doing the code. Amorous, ignoring the controversy of the team, was developed in 4 years by, yet again, one guy doing the code on the team.

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote