Ren'Py - Abandoned - Hero's Harem Guild [v0.1.2.3b Public] [Komisari]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Barry Nyle

v0.1.2 Public

The early game was too grindy and I lost interest after fishing for a while. I don't mind a bit of game to my erogames, but just watching a fishing progress bar fill wasn't that fun. It still seems to be early in the project though so I'll try to check it out again after some updates.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

darkblade244

Excellent game. Just finished the prologue and unlocked all scenes in the gallery. The story and pacing was good (As far as Harem games go anyway), although i wish the hero would actually train to become stronger rather than just be saved by his harem all the time . I really liked the character designs and their interactions with each other. The comedy was also very good and did not feel out of place or repetitive.

In future updates, i hope some of the characters get expanded on with more relationship ranks and sex scenes. I also like the idea of unlocking and repairing the dojo. Maybe training your girls where they can become stronger and complete guild quests faster and get more rewards from them. Looking forward to what comes next.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

ldarendra

nice game i love this game than other visual novel this is the game what i looking for, but when the update will be release i can't wait any longer..
    oh yeah the charracter that you create is good.. can you add an internal view it will be perfect for this game
  4. 5.00 star(s)

MeaninglessMemories

Hero's Harem Guild has the basis of a fantastic harem game. It's been a funny and engaging experience following the most "non-hero" hero in the world. Getting past that grind, you have yourself a game that continuously opens up to be bigger and bigger.

This recent update concludes the prologue, which was a lot of content. Content that was weirdly pace at times due to grinding.

I actually didn't mind the grind too much, but it felt dragged out since I had to "put my head down and grind" a few times. This may not matter as much now, but when the game gets longer and longer, it's something the develop will have to consider. The fishing mini game was something I just avoided doing because of my wrist. The mining is nice, but I don't want to engage with it once I have enough $$$.

That's really it, how does one create a repeatable game play loops that don't become stale after a time? Or would it rather be systems that take some more skill for more reward? That way you grind less, but focus more in that moment.

Then comes the amount of affection grinding without content. I don't mind spending time with the girls, but there's a lot of "spend time with girl" and the scene is a repeated one. There are entire days you can spend with a character seeing the same exact scenes. It would add a lot to the game to have more content for the girls, even if it's short.

I sometimes thought the grind was metaphor or something.

Aside from that, it's definitely an intriguing game. There's a lot of lore that hidden underneath, and it definitely keeps you interested. All the main girls have a past that constantly makes you want to know more.

The MC himself is probably the most believable of any "poor villager" MC. Dude can't do anything a hero can, and doesn't go through a magical transformation. He's just a decent guy. In fact, he's way less pervy then most MC, which is pretty cool too.

The comedy has never been a miss for me. Maybe I didn't laugh all the time, but there were several moments I chuckled.

However, I think the highlight of this game is the fundamentals. This game is pretty top notch! The UI, menus, and presentation are fabulous! I mean, this game feels hella polished and stylish. The animations are great too!

There's a lot this game is doing right, and I have faith that Komisari will keep it in check as they push forward.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

fadeadhorse

This is a pretty good game. The story is good and the characters are cute. It's easy to figure your way around the game the progress through the story. The extra aesthetics of the game look pretty good too. The gameplay is your basic VN with a lot of extra stuff tacked on.

I will say that the game is buggy at times and very grindy at other times. Also, there's one (I think? maybe two) major update(s) in almost two years of development so I'm just not expecting a lot out of the future of this game. There is enough content in the game to keep you entertained, just not as much content as other games that have been around for about the same time. There is supposedly a new update in the works, so hopefully, it adds enough new content. I'll probably update this review if the new content is good, but until then I don't think I would recommend this game. It's just not worth the time.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

wiwem71072

My review of Hero's Harem Guild [v0.1.2 Public]

The game starts pretty decent with very good looking animated character sprites and interesting setting/story.

Shortly after the intro though (when the sandbox begins) you have to spend a few ingame days mindlessly grinding money via fishing (which really isn't fun) and picking up plants to progress the main story.
    Then after that you spending some skill points in fishing and romance stuff you just AFK fish to make money and grind character hearts instead:
    This means getting up, visiting a specific character at a specific time of day, viewing a repeating event, going to sleep, repeat.
    Eventually you have enough hearts to get a short story event with the character and the character levels up.
    Than you repeat the above again until you're max level with everyone till the main story continues or more characters to grind are introduced.................
    TLDR: You just grind and grind and grind to be drip-fed little story bits.

And while the story is somewhat interesting, I don't really like the mentally retarded "good boy" anime MC or most of the stereotypical female love interests either.

I tried to like this game because the developer is very friendly and helpful, but the grind and very slow story progress just isn't for me.
    I eventually couldn't continue playing because it was just too boring.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

2382dudubes

v0.1.2 - completed all possible content (~8hours)
    Storywise, you are the chosen hero and every girl immediately wants to live with you and be with you. You slowly grind stats with the girls to unlock more scenes but everyone is basically all over MC the second they meet.
    Didn't notice many typos but writing is pretty weak overall, lots of "..." and very simplistic rhetoric.
    Gameplay is sandbox with some cool additions such as fishing, mining, light skill tree.
    You can choose in what order to unlock things, but there are no "choices" as in deciding which path to take or which girl to pursue. It's 1 path, and everyone's playthrough will go through the exact same content.
    Sound is fine, mostly some ambient background tunes, even though it was missing in some scenes.
    UI is good, with some placeholders here and there (expected from an unfinished release).
    I experienced some lag/performance issues, i.e. in the Girls Deck (on a 1070). Scenes are fine, very vanilla but nothing that looks hideous or too impressive.
    There was enough content stretched out with a bit of grind for the unreleased version.

Overall I liked it. I'd say the weakest part is the pretty dull writing but gameplay wise it was pretty decent.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

AbitDumb

For those not interested in reading the entire thing, here's TL;DR - I'm 99 % sure this is the best VN, and 99,9% sure best Koitatsu VN you'll ever play, you will regret if you won't.

Now on to the actual review (it may contain spoilers, even outside the "story" section).

1. The graphics are the best Koitatsu has to offer. There's like a quintillion Koitatsu games out there, and when the trend started to pick up, I liked it. I loved the anime art-style in 3D, and I wanted more. Then I got bored, as with higher quantity, the quality dropped. This game is what proves that Koitatsu can be done not only right, but excellent. The models look fantastic and unique, but there's much more than that. When you talk to the girls, the camera is positioned in such a way, that the models look fantastic. They aren't just stills, but small animation loops, that make the game always beaming with life, as you're constantly looking at some movement. And the game has more pretty details like that. Even the still frames look great, like when you're playing a cutscene, there is always something happening in the background (especially with Evie) There is always something to look at, and it looks pretty. The animations during the sex scenes are also really good, even when you can see that the movement during blowjob is the same, just with different models, I just don't care enough. With that being said, there is some clipping problems, where you can see girls leg going through bed, or MCs arm right through her chest, like she's getting punched by DIO. These are small things tho, and they didn't take away any pleasure from playing the game. In fact there's something adorable about small things like that :> In general graphics look about as good as they can with the engines' limits, so I'm glad to see a game that actually is limited by the engine, and not the dev. There's a lot more I could talk about, like the little facial expressions characters do in some scenes, but I don't want to write an epic here, so let's move on.
    2. The UI doesn't fall behind in quality. The UI is pretty, usable, and not bothersome, at least too much. You can always access the map (unless in the ruins, but there's a reason for that), and go right where you want to. Each location has a clear path, and eve when you're lost somehow, with right click you can see where you can go, which the game helpfully explains at the very beginning. Interacting with the character is clearly labelled, so you'll never accidentally do something you don't want to. And it may be hard to find your way around at the very beginning, but that feeling quickly goes away, as naturally with time you'll feel comfortable. Just be sure to buy the upgrades, or it may actually be a pain to find the girls. Your backpack is also easy to use, whether you sell something, or want to get something from inside (there's even shortcuts for a fishing rod or a pickaxe). And when you're stuck with any girl, you can easily find out what to do in the menu, that also has some other fun things in it :3 If I had to find something to complain about, then maybe the fact that picking up flowers and stuff can be a bit annoying with smaller ones? I'm just making stuff up at this point, there's nothing here I can call "wrong". Big congratulations to the dev, for not fucking up the one thing that even some AAA developers manage to fuck up.
    3. There's a lot to do in this small town. Outside the usual progression with girls, there are other things you can do. For me, it was fishing, as having a fishing mini-game is a must for any self-respecting game in 2021. In fact, just when I unlocked upgrades, I instantly went on maxing out all the fishing abilities. I also spent an embarrassing amount of time trying (and failing) to catch the legendary "monster" from the lake, so I had to satisfy myself with the one from the pond. It's a fun mini-game, and even if it gets boring after some time (obviously) I still enjoyed it a whole lot! I'd like to make a request to the dev here, to make the lake "monster" a bit easier to catch, since the "game reviewer guy" obviously fails at anything even remotely challenging. Thanks <3. Other than that, you can gather flowers and mushrooms, and with an upgrade also apples. Sadly, there's nothing you can do with them, other than selling for minor profit. I'd like to see an ability to make something with a crafting interface, to maybe make your heroes do better during missions, like make them faster, or find better loot? That'd be fun, since currently the mission stuff isn't that great, sadly. I like the fact you can make your girls useful when you're not interacting with them, or when you've finished their route, but on its own it's not a fun mechanic. It really does give off the "adventurers guild" vibe, and since the girl disappear, it makes the place seem empty to give even more realism to it. But there's almost no reason to send the girls off in the first place. They can gather some stuff, and make some money, but it's not that much, and you can make a ton of money by simply mining and catching legendary fishes. It's not that I don't like the mechanic, I just want to see it more fleshed out. And of course there's also the already mentioned mining. It's unlocked pretty late, but it can make a lot of money, if you're lucky enough. All in all, there's a lot to do, and it's quite fun (especially fishing).
    4. So what is the game even about?
      You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    5. All the other stuff lands in this part. So, there are a few more things I'd like to talk about. First, I think that the ability to change the girls' names could be useful to someone. Not for me, since I think the names are very well selected to fit characters, and I could never come up with something creative, hell, I always use the same names from a list when the game asks me to name the characters. But I know some people like to have a possibility, so that's why I mention it. I'd also like to ask for more animations. I know that they take some time, and there's already many of them, but I'm a sucker for nice animations, and this game has them, so I want even more. There is also some broken grammar, but it's rare and does nothing to even put a dent on the experience, and nothing that can't be changed with 5 minutes of work. Lastly, I think more music could be used. The playlist in the game is very fitting, and even when looped, it still sounds pretty, but after playing the game for 3 whole days straight I could use a refresher. And that's it, really. There's nothing I can actually complain about, I had to pull this stuff out of my ass, just to complain about something. In truth, this game has no real bad, so forgive me for this bullshit as a replacement for "complaints".

In all honesty, I've never expected something like this from a free game on this website. Like really, it's one of the few games from this website I'd like to see on Steam, so that more people can notice it. I wish all the best to the dev, especially considering he's from South America. Let me drink to your success (only some Yerba, alcohol bad), and godspeed.

[for those interested, the game version is 0.1.2, but you can bet your ass that I'll check out the next release the very second it comes out]
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Konstantinus

Another Koikatsu Harem Game in a fantasy world with a refreshing spin of difference. We get chosen to be a hero because we survived a demon attack. What it means to be a hero? Why are all the other heroes bad? Why did the demon attack us in first case? That are all questions that we together with Main character get to experience.

Together with that there is beside the typical harem building story gameplay elements so it is not only a picturebook but a game.
    And beside the Talk with the Girls enough times so they will like you more there is even the element of money so you will have timegating that is in all games to stretch content. But in this game this part of the fun as like in Harvest Moon you can collect flowers, mine ores or even fish. For fishing you has for immersion even to move mouse in circles. If this is interactive or annoying has everyone to decide for themselv. I find it the latter.
    The other option would be you let your guild members work for you.
    And this is why I only give 4 stars. While it is definataly something, it feels like the dev does not know what to do about it.
    Now the guild work is even not anymore related to ingame flow of time but forces you let the game run AFK.
    There where some other moments where the game parodies the typical game and players but all of those are points where you put out of immersion. So while this world is created with feelable love, you can not really dive into it as the game itself goes awry with immersion for comedy.
    But except this that game is really good so I recommend really to follow it if you like fantasy, harem, romance, commedy and/or harvest moon.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

HardcoreCuddler

This game has an extremely slow and tedious start during which you're basicaly just spam clicking....but then it picks up pretty well and there are nice things to do.

Remember that you should send people to work rather than go fishing yourself, it's really shitty, you can sens them from the get-go to the big town on the top left of the map.

Also, once you reach the "wait for xyz" hint for a certain girl, that's when you should really send her to do something, otherwise consider keeping them around.

also, you should get the affection upgrades early, also ignore the foraging ones because that tab is empty for me....don't know wtf kind of upgrade that was supposed to be...

either way, it's nice, and it has sexy scenes integrated right into the gameplay instead of sepparated, play it.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

TheDick69+

Funny, romantic, lovely girls (Rebecka :love:), good story with twists, sexy "scenes" :devilish:, yes all that I want in an adult game. Some repeting stuff, but not that much so still top notch. Got lost sometime in quests, but also not that much. Waiting for next upgrade already.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Widgets

This game is absolutely amazing! You can feel the hard work put into it. The humor is on point, the quests are fun, each girl feels different and has their own personality and the world feels alive. Komisari is a genius! Definitely worth checking out and supporting! I can't wait for more!
  13. 1.00 star(s)

Mr_Sel

Are you guys serious with those reviews?
    I get it, that the interface looks nice, renders are so-so but the writing... There's no way around it: it's god damn awful. It's so bad that it's actually painful to read. A House in the Rift or Pale Carnations are a bloody Pulitzer short list compared to this and I'm not even a native speaker.
    It needs proofreader badly.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

slashimus

Awesome game and a lot of content for just a "Prologue". I highly recommend it to any who love harem games and just humor and well done games in general.

Lucy is my favorite girl and Jimmy is my favorite bro!
  15. 5.00 star(s)

jasper wright

Absolute S tier game. I remember downloading this game last year and being totally consumed by it. i rarely play adult games properly, and usually just half ass them or extract the sex scenes using an .rpy opener.

Heroes harem guild was probably the first adult game i actually got immersed into, with Treasure of Nadia now being my second.

The progression system is really good, however maybe there could be a wider range of activities required to boost the girls progress. Clicking 'spend time' with each character became a bit repetitive at times.

I love how the Developer Komisari is giving the game the time it needs before the next update, while actively engaging with the community. some adult games have devs who take the money and run (hello waifu academy) or produce fortnightly updates with barely any new content (albeit, they are great games).

With Heroes harem guild, while the updates are slowish, we know we're getting quality content. i have full confidence 1.3 will be outstanding. i sometimes browse komisari's webpage and i have never seen a game where the fan base is so confident in the dev's ability.

really speaks for the quality of this game
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Forgotten Chieftain

Hero's Harem Guild v0.1.2
    In spite of being a very early build for the game, Hero's Harem Guild already shows incredible potential. As a visual novel, it stands out among its contemporaries due to the level of polish it has. There are multiple positive aspects that must be highlighted:
    • A focus on narrative, character development & world building
    • A colorful cast of characters, from loveable catgirls to a shoeless knight
    • Well-executed balance between humor & drama
    • Decent character models
    • A variety of locations to explore
    • Plenty of lewd & wholesome moments
    Overall, the prologue provides hours of content to experience while also setting up for what's to come. In spite of the occasional performance issue, Hero's Harem Guild is easily recommendable for anyone to try out.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Zeinhold

Tons of content, hours of playtime, funny comedy and Jimmy being himself. What more can you possibly ask for?

Whats good?-
    -I'm not exaggerating when I say the prologue alone will take you about 3-4 hours playtime because of the sheer amount of content that's there.

-Plenty of comedy, action, serious moments, romance and even that classic harem. (Which includes the adult scenes *wink wink*)

-Dear god the characters are actually ALL well developed. All of them have personality and aren't copy and pasted from animes, and it's GLORIOUS.

-Actual honest to goodness NON-NTR MALE FRIENDS! For once, you don't have to worry about any of that stealing going on. Your guy friends are total bros.

Cons-
    -Long wait time for new content. Not that this is too bad, because we get a LOT of content. But for impatient people this will be a con.
    -The game kind of cuts out before we get to the REALLY good stuff. (Hint hint, scenes with a certain NOT-Mom and NOT-Sister)
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Crunkdiddly

Visuals great and unique. Big fan of the graphical style as opposed to the normal 3D one that I feel we see a lot (which is still good!) Animation is well done and I find myself playing much longer than intended - for the story!
  19. 5.00 star(s)

c4145317

Version reviewed: 0.1.2
    Hero's Harem Guild is a straight up masterpiece. Komisari knows what he wants out of the game and story and implements it splendidly. Just by simply existing it causes all your other favorite games to appear less than by comparison.

Pros:
    + The plot and story are intriguing. I am unashamed to admit that I teared up at some points, even with my jaded and black heart.
    + Characters actually feel like people with their own personalities, motivations, and desires.
    + The gameplay, for a Ren'Py game, hits the sweet spot between engagement, complexity, and player reward.
    + Visuals are stunning. There's no uncanny valley or simple quick grab screen shots. I myself find large breasts to be a turn off, but Komisari has, through the use of black magic and Koikatsu, managed to make even the tiddie monsters attractive to me.
    + Audio as well is amazing. I generally do not consider audio an important aspect to games, but even I found myself rolling back at times just to hear audio clips again.
    + Updates are massive, like, leviathan sized.

Cons:
    - The sense of loss and listless after completing current content.
    - Some upgrades feel more expensive than their worth. While annoying I don't think this is worth knocking off a star.
    - Your standards for h-games will rise. Hero's Harem Guild is truly the ambrosia of h-games.
    - Komisari currently retains his freedom and is not shackled to his desk forced to pump out more of this masterpiece.

I feel that everyone should at least try Hero's Harem Guild. Force your enemies to play and know that they too must wait for updates to this work of art along with you. Your best friends too, This game is too good keep to yourself.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

thoox22

One of the first "lewd" games I played and now I'm sad because every thing else sucks in comparison. Wish I could find something like it.

Art style is appealing and doesn't have that uncanny valley feel that I get from other 3dcg games. Maybe those all look so bad because I played this first? No idea. Wish more games would use Koikatsu... or stop using whatever they use that makes those god awful fight-or-flight inducing renders.

Keep up the good work. Looking forward to more updates! :)