Ren'Py Completed Hentasia - The Rod of Power [v1.1] [Gurdin Alehammer]

4.10 star(s) 8 Votes

GentlemanFaun

May 24, 2017
I'm having a lot of trouble with Nurana (second Nether Caves boss). So far, I've had good luck with Growth, Quickdodge, Gust, and Rip off her clothes. I've tried everything else in my list, and nothing works. Am I missing an ability?

Thinks that don't work: attack, distract, slide, be slippery, goblin punch, and rage. Troll Regen doesn't actively hurt me, but I don't think it helped either. I lost the shield and heat potion on the Minotaur before her, so those aren't options anymore.

ondrasiman2

May 2, 2017
You need both the shield and heat thing... Both of which don't need to be used on the minotaur, just try using something else which deals only 1 damage to you

Weavile

Jul 31, 2018
I have no clue how to beat the "boss" on the trail outside of the seaport. I just loaded up V1.1 from an old save and no matter what I can't beat it. Would love some advice or a walkthrough.

Gurdin

Game Developer
Aug 9, 2018
I have no clue how to beat the "boss" on the trail outside of the seaport. I just loaded up V1.1 from an old save and no matter what I can't beat it. Would love some advice or a walkthrough.
In many cases it's best to first beat other enemies. You're talking about the centaur I believe? She's one of the harder ones, so it's best to make sure you got a shield and have beaten several other first.

It's not the most fun system I know, that's why I'm going for a more traditional RPG battle system in the next one. It's been a while since your post, I hope you managed to get past it by now. :)

Troll girl best girl... but then again harpy is pretty good too.
Thanks! Always nice to see positive feedback. ;)

Reactions: GEMPAL

Weavile

Jul 31, 2018
In many cases it's best to first beat other enemies. You're talking about the centaur I believe? She's one of the harder ones, so it's best to make sure you got a shield and have beaten several other first.

It's not the most fun system I know, that's why I'm going for a more traditional RPG battle system in the next one. It's been a while since your post, I hope you managed to get past it by now. :)

Yes that is the one I am talking about. And I have looked all over and can't trigger the other battles. I have done the few at the beginning of the game and the last one I did was troll on the beach. I am probably just missing something but I know there are 2-3 more battles I need to do in order to beat the centaur.

Caseyjones

Sep 27, 2017
Yes that is the one I am talking about. And I have looked all over and can't trigger the other battles. I have done the few at the beginning of the game and the last one I did was troll on the beach. I am probably just missing something but I know there are 2-3 more battles I need to do in order to beat the centaur.
Have you taken a sea voyage? Or perhaps visited the moon elves? Talked to the Frost Giant? Those are some easily missable events if you are going through kinda fast. Also at times you'll just have to grind up some cash to buy items to help out (the shield, heat potion, etc, and anything for gifts). I assume you talked with both ladies in the tavern as well.

Reactions: Gurdin

Gurdin

Game Developer
Aug 9, 2018
You at least need the harpy, and for the harpy you need other things.

Get quests at:
- Hentasia tavern, Gurdina and Karina
- East beach, Mermaid
- On top of Mt. Gurdin, Frost giant
- Graveyard outside Seaport, Ghost
- Elf forest, Moon Elf
- Takala's shop, Takala

Fight monsters at:
- Outside Hentasia, Succubus
- Mt. Gurdin, Goblin
- Seaport boat, Tethis
- Top of Mt. Gurdin, Orc
- West beach, Troll
- West beach, Harpy
- Trade route/Seaport, centaur

I think that's all. Hope you can figure out what you missed. :)

Gurdin

Game Developer
Aug 9, 2018
Is this game still being developed? Been a while since an update post.
As someone mentioned above, this is indeed finished. I'm learning a lot about game development, so I tried to keep projects somewhat small, allowing me the freedom to try out new things easily.

I'm currently working on a different game, called Warriors of Legend. This is much closer to what I actually wanted to make, and thus will be a much bigger game. I've been learning a hell of a lot and will soon release the prologue. The setup for this game is taking longer than I anticipated, but once the base is there, progress should be as quick as it was with The Rod of Power. The game I'm working on now will feature a more serious story, an ATB battle system, all kinds of items and skills, so no longer will battles be a case of 'picking the right option'. It'll be much more of a proper RPG. You'll have some sexy party members, which you can romance. Most sex scenes will consist of multiple images, to make those more satisfying. I've been fixing many bugs, as making something like this gets much more complicated than making a Visual Novel type game in Ren'Py. When this game gets released, I'll give more of a rundown of what the game will be like.

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
As someone mentioned above, this is indeed finished. I'm learning a lot about game development, so I tried to keep projects somewhat small, allowing me the freedom to try out new things easily.

I'm currently working on a different game, called Warriors of Legend. This is much closer to what I actually wanted to make, and thus will be a much bigger game. I've been learning a hell of a lot and will soon release the prologue. The setup for this game is taking longer than I anticipated, but once the base is there, progress should be as quick as it was with The Rod of Power. The game I'm working on now will feature a more serious story, an ATB battle system, all kinds of items and skills, so no longer will battles be a case of 'picking the right option'. It'll be much more of a proper RPG. You'll have some sexy party members, which you can romance. Most sex scenes will consist of multiple images, to make those more satisfying. I've been fixing many bugs, as making something like this gets much more complicated than making a Visual Novel type game in Ren'Py. When this game gets released, I'll give more of a rundown of what the game will be like.
Sounds pretty neat. Best of lucks.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Most sex scenes will consist of multiple images, to make those more satisfying.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Also could you please add another Centaur and let us see the penetration? pretty please?

Gurdin

Game Developer
Aug 9, 2018
can you update please?
Update what exactly? About 3 posts back I posted about what I'm working on now.

The first bit is released for patrons by the way. I'm planning to change up the way I set up the patreon rewards, doing some kind of early access thing instead of how it is now. But I'll get to that somewhere next week I think.

4.10 star(s) 8 Votes