3.40 star(s) 7 Votes

Semantics

Apr 28, 2017
The two are linked. It'd be utterly asinine for the main character, on a desperate quest for which he's already willing to sacrifice most (but not necessarily all) of his morals to complete, not to prostitute his slaves for every advantage he can get. I either need to write an idiotically selfish hero or cripple the story to remove the exploitation.

Which ironically was the driving impetus behind harem: I wanted to write a harem game where the main character isn't an simple-minded buffoon. The exploitation was a necessary consequence of that.
Sorry to keep this conversation going, but wanted a bit of clarification:

If I recall correctly in the previous incarnation of the game there was only one time there was no choice, which was the quest to get Cindy. This response kinda makes it sound like some things that were avoidable via player choice (Brothel, Angelica's father, Tomas/Other Guy) in the prior version are now going to be unavoidable. Is that accurate, or am I misunderstanding?

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Not sure on that i keep using guard nothing happens not only that she kills me everytime at dual that why i ask
when you fight her ... don't choose attack .. go down to skills ... its the middle choice ..... under it is guard ....
under skills you get other choices to use .... ;)

TC_Leon45

Jul 21, 2017
We got a new artist in a few months ago whose been updating the models. We're using her work for the chapter 2 images, we're reworking the ch1 stuff to udpate them to the better models (about 80/200 done so far). Some of the story will be tweaked, but even I can't avoid providence when the plot demands it. And that might mean missing a key event while hate-fucking a priestess.

You can check the blog from last year for details, but essentially after about 5 years of near continuous development I had a breakdown that lasted a few years and ended with me in the hospital. Before Patreon it was just a hobby and I did it as interested suited me, but when money was involved I tried to be monthly and did that like 80% of the time. But that's a big part of the reason why the remaster is a team project so not everything is on my shoulders.

I didn't create the OP, but imo yes it is a mind-control game.

MZ should let you resize the window.

While I don't do android myself, it is my understanding that joiplay is required.
Actually I am looking for solutions to prevent the window from occupying much of the space of the monitor. Currently, I can only do manual squeezing (which has to be done again when you re-enter the game)

For example, I expect the following window (about 2400 x 1390 ?)
000.png
to be squeezed like this (about 1648 x 966 ?, or 1920 x 1080)
001.png

Stonerbank

Aug 25, 2017
I can't help but look at the MC in the previews and think of the name "pube face" from American Dad.

doutei

Dec 27, 2016
We got a new artist in a few months ago whose been updating the models. We're using her work for the chapter 2 images, we're reworking the ch1 stuff to udpate them to the better models (about 80/200 done so far). Some of the story will be tweaked, but even I can't avoid providence when the plot demands it. And that might mean missing a key event while hate-fucking a priestess.
Please, if anything, just get rid of the facial hair on MC. These animesque models just do not look good with that kind of thing. Everything else I can live with, but that facial hair just kills the whole thing.

Reactions: Satlun

Wankelracer

Jul 18, 2017
Harem was my favorite (erotic)game for many years. And i'd love to know how the story goes on. So i fear, that the game get's abandoned again. I liked the gameplay and graphics of the old version. But Harem is far more than graphics and game engine. The Story is really great. Ker, you are a great writer, but you've abandoned Harem twice and try now the third restart. So i would prefer, if you would continue the old version where it was abandoned last time.
With this new restart i'll wait some time, if you really continue, before supporting you on patreon. And i belive many of your old fans, that are waiting now, would support you emediatly, if you would continue your old game.

DragonRay

Jul 29, 2017
Been a fan of Harem since original. Actually supported Ker's original Patreon for awhile. I will admit I fell out around the time you and your Harem are taken away from each other and don't know how much I missed before it was abandoned originally. I had hoped remake would have been a little further so far as it really feels like nothing has really changed much except art and maybe a few extra scenes?? Shops unavailable and no actual battles (besides Sarah who is more of a scripted battle) I hope it catches up faster than the original took to release and hope it gets completed this time around.

Mobile on Android 22 some words on right side of conversation box get cut off but it's usually a single word that gets cut/ feels like it's missing completly but I an generally keep the reading to flow as it's usually an unimportant word.

ker

May 8, 2017
So i fear, that the game get's abandoned again. I liked the gameplay and graphics of the old version. But Harem is far more than graphics and game engine. The Story is really great. Ker, you are a great writer, but you've abandoned Harem twice and try now the third restart. So i would prefer, if you would continue the old version where it was abandoned last time.
I'm sorry, but at a certain point this "you abandoned the game bla bla bla" just gets insulting. v1 was a hobby, I didn't abandon it I lost interest in it; there never was any implicit promise of completion. When I saw that patreon was a thing I started working on it again with v2 and delivered content for years upon years. And delivered more content than the entire front page of this forum combined most days. And I continued working on it until I had a fucking mental breakdown that ended in a suicide attempt and a stay in a mental hospital. That isn't "abandoned" by any reasonable standard.

So yes, we're giving it another go. And it's "pay per release" just because I do understand the hesitation. But I've "abandoned" the game exactly zero times.

Sep 19, 2020
I'm sorry, but at a certain point this "you abandoned the game bla bla bla" just gets insulting. v1 was a hobby, I didn't abandon it I lost interest in it; there never was any implicit promise of completion. When I saw that patreon was a thing I started working on it again with v2 and delivered content for years upon years. And delivered more content than the entire front page of this forum combined most days. And I continued working on it until I had a fucking mental breakdown that ended in a suicide attempt and a stay in a mental hospital. That isn't "abandoned" by any reasonable standard.

So yes, we're giving it another go. And it's "pay per release" just because I do understand the hesitation. But I've "abandoned" the game exactly zero times.
What is your source for the definition because the "Oxford’s English Dictionary" defines 'Abandon' as,

"give up completely"

"cease to support or look after."

Neither, Why you abandoned something nor if you promised to complete it, is relevant to the definition.

As an example one of the most well known uses of the word is when a captain orders "Abandon Ship", It doesn't matter that their is a fantastic reason for the order (Avoiding Death), The captain, the media and coast guard will still use the term "Abandon"

Are your reasons for abandoning the game legitimate, justifiable and the intelligent thing to do. ABSOLUTELY. However the use of the word is still valid.

Last edited:

Wankelracer

Jul 18, 2017
Sorry i didn't wan to insult you.English isn't my first language. So please let me clearify. I loved Harem v1 and Harem v2 is the best adult game i've ever palyed. I only wanted to suggest to continue v2 instead of starting from zero again. It's because i hoped "for ever" that harem would be continued and that it would be continued by you. I'm extremeley curious how the story continues. Now i have to wait until you reach the point were v2 stopped. But so the anticipation is longer wich isn't bad either. Thanks for the god story and for restarting the projekt.

Thata'sae

Jan 30, 2020
Sorry i didn't wan to insult you.English isn't my first language. So please let me clearify. I loved Harem v1 and Harem v2 is the best adult game i've ever palyed. I only wanted to suggest to continue v2 instead of starting from zero again. It's because i hoped "for ever" that harem would be continued and that it would be continued by you. I'm extremeley curious how the story continues. Now i have to wait until you reach the point were v2 stopped. But so the anticipation is longer wich isn't bad either. Thanks for the god story and for restarting the projekt.
There are a few reasons we decided as a team to rebuild from the ground up. The 2 main reasons where; first the code for v2, and Kuroki's Remake was a complete mess. It would have actually been more work to fix the old code then to start fresh. Second was the fact that all of the old assets Ker used to make v2 are gone. He stated as much on the old Harem thread, post number 1356 made on April 17, 2023.

GhostAdi@13

Aug 9, 2022
For those who want save
I have edited this file for gold ,hp, attack and all team members attack +hp at 99999999

3.40 star(s) 7 Votes