Unity Completed Hack'n Stalk 3 [v1.0] [The Architect]

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes

Tarona

Sep 7, 2017
Man, this is going to be exciting. The Architect's games tends to be the only games that I know will get finished. I might be able to back this game on patreon. Let's see.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
Oh man! Love these games, so hyped he's got a new one. The Weinstein idea's genius, too.

OCutz

Aug 1, 2017
Can you like finish one game before making another half game?
The Architect is one of the few devs who actually finishes making games at a good pace. Both his previous games are complete, looking forward to this one.

riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
Can you like finish one game before making another half game?
The Architect has two completed games under his belt so maybe you have them confused with someone else bud... or maybe a different game... it might be a good idea to check facts first! :)

Reactions: HunterSeeker

BitterFrost

Sep 28, 2017
Really great, slick art on this one. Which, I suppose, is no shocker considering the previous titles have been very good as well. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

coolboy88

Jan 2, 2018
Great start, Architect. Looking forward to the next update. You're one of the honest and best developer here. We trust and love your work.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Hi folks! I hope you liked the demo! I'm already working on next version and trying to define the scope of the new content it will contain.
It will certainly feature some missing UI elements in the demo like a title, a status screen, and maybe the start of the gallery module. It will also need a lot of work in the base gameplay loop of event schedule framework (a system that didn't exist in HnS2). I believe I can post the roadmap for version 0.1 in a few days.

GERMAN TRANSLATION

made the first mod/translation of the game! You can now play with german dialog using the file attached in this post.

To install, unpack the file into the HnS3_x64_Data (or HnS3_x86_Data for the 32 bit version). Then edit the configuration file and change the value of language from "en" to "de".

Next version will feature an in-game configuration editor, making the language listing and selection much simpler!

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
Nice start!!!
I'm liking the Amy model already!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Hi, folks! This was one of those tough weeks, but I managed to write most of the basic systems update I wanted for the new game. In HnS2, the MC had a fixed job so there weren't much choices at the beginning of each day. The idea in HnS3 is to give the player set of activities to schedule each morning. This framework is mostly done and now I need to work in the activities itself. I hope this will make the game somewhat less linear than HnS2. I also a good and a bad surprise this week.
The bad one: after more than a decade of service, the MacBook I use to build OSX versions finally went stay with Steve Jobs on heaven (or the purgatory, hell, the underworld, who knows...). The thing simply wont turn on again or even charge, and this means that I can't say when I'll be able to post OSX versions again. I'll try to find access to some other Mac, but I can't promise when. If you have the heart of a dev, access to a Mac, the will to install Unity and try to build OSX versions for me, let me know in the comments!

The good one: I finally scraped some time to try Unity 2008 Anima 2D system and... damn... I want to redo all HnS2 animations in it! It will allow me to create the skeleton base animations in a much easier way and the sprite meshes are amazing to create deform operations ! (in non technical terms... better swinging boobs!)

Here's the v0.1 roadmap. It won't have the same amount of new playable time as the demo because most of the work in this cycle is in the internal systems, but I'll try to put some hot scenes in it.

[100%] Title screen
[100%] In-game configuration editor
[ 80%] Events and activities management framework
[ 50%] Amy meeting at the office activity
[ 0%] Amy research activity
[ 0%] Dark shop visit activity

Reactions: Tarona and LP83

blizman

Aug 12, 2017
Still no 32 bit version download. The German translation post above indicates that one exists apparently as the 32 bit version is mentioned in it, but no idea where to get it

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Hi, folks!
Work on v0.1 is almost done. I already sent dialog files for revision and now I'm doing some final tests on the new systems.

The background framework is ready, so I hope next versions will feature a better amount of new content than v0.1. However, this version will feature the first animations in the the new sprite mesh system, which is amazing! It is saving me a lot of the boring work I needed before to make animations fluid (and sexy!)

I believe I can release it in a couple of days!

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes