jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
DISCORD NEWS

When you want to take indie game development serious, it's A LOT of work!

Hey, folks! It's been a while since I posted something here. But this time I have some things to share, so I decided to take a little break to write.

As many of you already know - but there are always new people joining, so I'll repeat it - I'm not the dev of GTU. King and I are boyfriends, and since I work with communities in my regular job, I lend him a hand in that area. One thing that makes it easier for me to do this is that we live together, so even though I'm not actually developing the game, I'm involved in everything ~~(and I make great suggestions too, of course, haha)~~ and can answer your questions at any time.

I know that sometimes the server is a bit quiet, but that's because getting into indie game development as a full-time job is a lot of work! King still doesn't exclusively make a living from GTU, but we're planning for that to become a reality.

One of the crucial steps for this is to release GTU on Steam, but having a game on Steam isn't quick or easy. There are many steps we need to go through to have a spectacular launch on the platform - which is our big goal - and I'm currently working on that.

Mainly in terms of administrative and financial aspects - since we live in Brazil, things are even more bureaucratic. But we want to make sure we're heading in the right direction for the game and with the best return for the team.

If anyone has tips, I'm all ears! In the meantime, I'm taking a bit of a beating to get information on how to open a company in the US while being in Brazil and so on... Wish me luck!

Jul 16, 2018
jhonatanw
Wait... if you guys are boyfriends, then why isn't he making gay VNs?
Wouldn't that be more logical? Isn't it more difficult to make straight sex scenes for you guys?
Or is the market for gay VNs too small?

joelurmel

Nov 3, 2022
There is some issue with the mod
scrappy
When I run the VN, it works.
If I copy your mod files, the VN doesn't even start. I get these errors:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There is no problem with the mod, but YOU have created the problem by extracting the game directory from the mod to the game directory. Finally, you have ...\game\game...
You have to move all from ...\game\game in to ...\game and overwrite old files

kratosroy89

Mar 10, 2019
There is no problem with the mod, but YOU have created the problem by extracting the game directory from the mod to the game directory. Finally, you have ...\game\game...
You have to move all from ...\game\game in to ...\game and overwrite old files
Here is the fun part, there is no \game\game when I go to check inside the game folder. I dont know whats causing the mod to behave like this, but it is. replacing the mod files with the original game folder files solves the issue. I have been using scrappy mods for like 4 or 5 years now, never encountered something something like this

joelurmel

Nov 3, 2022
Here is the fun part, there is no \game\game when I go to check inside the game folder. I dont know whats causing the mod to behave like this, but it is. replacing the mod files with the original game folder files solves the issue. I have been using scrappy mods for like 4 or 5 years now, never encountered something something like this
Try to delete all *.rpyc files it will be recreated at new start. Maybe you have a problem of date and Ren'Py consider the both files, text and compiled.

loord617

Sep 5, 2022
Can confirm, mod has a problem with this version. Downloaded both game and mod again and still it doesnt open the game.

joelurmel

Nov 3, 2022
Use this post as a solution

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Another solution is to extract the scrappy mod under ...\GrowingThingsUp-0.24c-pc\game\game
Because the problem is not in the mod but in the original archive.rpa. The dev have stored his files under game\game instead of game
It could be you are correct. I don't bother with the .rpa files. I figure that if I have to do that myself, it isn't worth bothering with. There are plenty of other games to play where the devs and modders have it all figured out.

But when I did a fresh extract of both the game and mod, the parsing error showed the path /game not /game/game, which it would show if your statement is correct. Don't know. Don't care. I just think scrappy overlooked something. I like his mods.

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
We need to talk about Reina - part 1/2

1714319420797.png

"Reina."

The psychologist's voice echoed without reaching the distracted girl who was looking out the office’s — closed — window. Her thoughts wandered far, and boredom prevented her from paying attention to anything other than what she felt like doing — returning to her room without any contact with anything that would take her away from her leisure time.

"Reina, I'm talking to you."

The firmer call this time made her look at the freckled face of the therapist, a redhead friend of her mother's.

"What is it?"

"I want you to tell me a little more about yourself."

"Hasn't my mother already told you enough?" She retorted grumpily.

"No, I want to hear it from you," the woman insisted.

Reina huffed irritably, her legs shaking impatiently with the delay. She settled into the armchair, crossing her arms in front of her chest and staring at the therapist's high-heeled shoes in front of her. Maybe if she spoke quickly, she could get rid of it faster too.

"What do you want to know?" She sighed.

"Talk about your routine. What do you do in your daily life? Study, hang out with friends…?"

"I stay at home, I've already graduated from high school."

"And don't you think about going to college?"

"Hm."

"What's 'hm'?"

"I don't like leaving the house," she said. "I like to stay in my room."

It all started with a massage.

Yes. Upon closer examination, retracing the entire history, it was a simple massage that changed everything.

Her PMS was screaming, and the hot water bag was no longer effective on her numb, red lower back. Janice, the helpful housekeeper, and her only companion during the afternoons when her mother was doing whatever wealthy housewives do, didn't know what to do with her groans of pain, watching with pity as the girl writhed in the fetal position on the bed.

"Mrs. Mei," Janice spoke on the phone with her employer. "Miss Reina is in a lot of pain. Should I do something?"

"Has she taken the painkiller?" Reina's mother's concerned voice sounded from the other end.

"Yes, almost an hour ago, but it's not much better."

"Here's what you do," Mei Saito spoke again after a few seconds, "in my room, on the bedside table, there's a massager. Get it and see if it helps relieve her pain until I get there."

"All right, I'll do that."

Janice hurried to the Saito couple's suite, the huge bed made up with more pillows than necessary for ten people to sleep, finding the electric massager in the second drawer of the bedside table — the one that wasn't locked. She brought the box to the whining girl's room, struggling a bit to figure out how to turn on the device and startling a bit when it started vibrating strongly in her hand.

"Your mother said this might be of some help. Shall we try?"

"Anything, Janice," her voice came out muffled by the pillow. "Anything."

"Okay, I think it's better to lie on your stomach. Can you manage?"

Reina settled as Janice instructed, and the maid started in a somewhat uncertain way. At first, she didn't feel much — her lower back numbed by the heat of the compress that had been there seconds before. But gradually, she began to feel the effects of the vibration applied in the right way in the right place. Relief took over her tired body along with the strong medication that made her drowsy and lighter, lighter, lighter…

Janice kept massaging the girl's back for a while until she realized that she had finally fallen asleep. She put the device back in the box and left it next to her bed — maybe it would be useful later.

Reina slept so much that she didn't even see her mother come home, check on her in her room, and smile lovingly at seeing her sleeping peacefully. She also didn't wake up for dinner and didn't have to hear the absolute silence that once again fell over her parents in their long marriage of ups and downs.

She only woke up in the middle of the night, a little disoriented and with a rumbling stomach. She staggered out of bed and down the stairs to steal something from the fridge — a habit she had been cultivating for years, sometimes because she actually missed dinner, sometimes just because she didn't want to participate in family gatherings.

Reina had always been a quiet girl. She buried herself in her room in the Saito mansion and only studied and studied, fearing her father's reprimands, who at any opportunity pressured her to perform as well as possible in school. Despite being introspective, she maintained some — few — friendships, and her mother always encouraged her to get out of the house a bit to get some fresh air and breathe a little, even if the guilt of having fun when she should be studying occasionally made her run back home.

Satisfied with her snack, the girl stopped by the bathroom and lay back down in bed, wondering if she should take another pill to prevent that twinge in her uterus from becoming a crisis like earlier. She turned to the bedside table where the water jug Janice had left was, next to the pill blister pack and the box of that massager that had helped her fall asleep.

It had been a while since the girl had seen it. Since her first period, Reina had suffered from sporadic episodes of intense pain that could leave her bedridden for days. Initially, it was treated as if it were normal — her mother gave her painkillers and applied hot compresses to try to alleviate it. But the crises became concerning after a while, prompting her mother to take her to the doctor to investigate the reason, forcing her to undergo test after test without reaching any immediate conclusion. As a complement to the treatment they were already doing during the crises, the doctor recommended that massage on her lower back to alleviate the pain she felt—but the truth is, it had never helped that much before.

Curiosity took the best of her as Reina picked up the device in her hands, remembering how it worked. She pressed it against her belly and startled when it started vibrating there, tickling her. Laughing a little at the funny shiver she felt, Reina pressed the device against her body again, right below her belly button, where she began to feel a twinge bothering her. She didn't even know if that device could be used that way or if it would help, but she knew that the vibration was quite pleasant — so it couldn't hurt.

She closed her eyes and took the massage over her hips, gradually feeling what her body was asking for. She bent her knees and moved the vibration to her right thigh, and then to her left thigh, experiencing the sensations and immersing herself in the lightness that enveloped her. She lowered the massage a bit and hesitated for a moment, fearful. Suddenly, she felt something different, uncertain, new. The silence of the small hours made everything more intense and gave the impression that something was going wrong. But something wrong shouldn't feel this good, right?

She pressed the device between her thighs again, feeling the tremor make her jump on the bed and smile at the sensation. The thin fabric of her pajamas and underwear didn't prevent the vibration from reaching a point that responded to everything with more intensity, a point that wasn't entirely new to her, but that new contact was much better than anything else. Her intimacy quickly responded to the vibrational stimuli, clouding her mind with pleasure and making the pain disappear completely. Her whole body vibrated together as she accelerated her movements, and she could barely contain the moans that escaped her throat, needing to cover her mouth with her hand so that her voice wouldn't be heard throughout the mansion when she reached the peak of any pleasure she had ever felt in her few years of life.

Breathless, she stared at the harmless little device in her hands, smiling as if she had found the best escape valve.

There was no more sign of pain.

"Wow."

4.00 star(s) 32 Votes