• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
Continues run with the new beta patch. Patch removes all event scenes in the dungeon and I have to start from scratch. And I was at 99%...
I really don't know what's happening with your setup

I'm not having any problems like yours. For the most part, I've not experienced any issues doing a full run after the recent bugfix (huzzah!).
There certainly have been more bugs found though. I'm currently aware of (and have internally fixed) some so I should probably point them out here.
Sucker Punch can cause a game crash if used while under certain curses (Pity for sure, probably Craven, maybe some others? Anything that needs to assess the condition of a monster being attacked).
Also the "Deeper Curse Embracing" NG+ option has a bug where it sets all curses to be stuck at rank 2 forever rather than just embraced ones.
Oh and I left in a thing by accident so ally tokens are attempting to call non-existent signal functions at the end of every animation that they do, which doesn't actually break anything, but it might look scary if you play the game through a command prompt and got console output for some reason? Actually idk if this would output to console in the release version.

One thing I've yet to test is why the "Other Knights 3" scene did not unlock in research after seeing it. My current guess is because I viewed both it and the "Good Faith Offer" scene in the same dream cycle.
This is a also bug. An ID is messed up in the code, so it adds "CE_OtherKnights_3" to your save instead of "CE_Coraline_OtherKnights_3" as it should. Then in the research notes it goes to look up the former and can't find anything. I need to make the setup for Coraline events better because right now they're stupid and hard coded.

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
I'm not having any problems like yours. For the most part, I've not experienced any issues doing a full run after the recent bugfix (huzzah!).

Did you perhaps start in the middle of a run after downloading a new version? While I can't help you figure out what it is specifically, it sounds like a problem happened somewhere on your end.

One thing I've yet to test is why the "Other Knights 3" scene did not unlock in research after seeing it. My current guess is because I viewed both it and the "Good Faith Offer" scene in the same dream cycle.

Edit: Just remembered, I found a potentially unintended interaction. When scene hunting with the hungry wall, I allowed Raine to get caught in sex with the thing. But when I sent Elli to go free her, on Raine's turn, Raine would immediately get caught in sex again without attacking (this despite the fact that the monster's counter gain was +16 in a 0/27 bar). While Raine suffered no damage, Raine and Elli repeated this start-stop loop until I sent Lucette to help (though I could have let the corruption break happen and killed it that way).
That might be it. I got the beta version bugfix in the middle of the game and that's when it deleted all the encounters. Game kept crashing until I started a new file and then lost everything but I still try to do stuff with Lucette and game keeps crashing. Going to see if having the older version still on my computer is the reason for this

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
Its not having a second file. I think the entire download is bugged. I started over after re-downloading it. Trying to invite anyone into the tent crashes the game. And when I get to floor 5, moving on top of the shrine causes the game to crash as well. It's insane that I don't think it's my computer at all sense I re-downloaded the game and re-started the file from the beginning twice. :/

blue_krystal

Jul 29, 2022
Thank you so much for making that list with every song in the OST so easily accessible... The song I was looking for was A path which leads to somewhere, now time to transcribe it to sheet music. Don't know why but I can listen to most of the OST for hours on loop.

I really really love this game.

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
Thank you so much for making that list with every song in the OST so easily accessible... The song I was looking for was A path which leads to somewhere, now time to transcribe it to sheet music. Don't know why but I can listen to most of the OST for hours on loop.

I really really love this game.
I don't have the list of ALL the sources for all of the songs (some were actually bought in music packs for example), but the link for that one in particular is in case you care to look into the person behind it or whatever.

Reactions: blue_krystal

Privitarium

Oct 25, 2017
Its not having a second file. I think the entire download is bugged. I started over after re-downloading it. Trying to invite anyone into the tent crashes the game. And when I get to floor 5, moving on top of the shrine causes the game to crash as well. It's insane that I don't think it's my computer at all sense I re-downloaded the game and re-started the file from the beginning twice. :/
You might have to find and delete your meta data file. I'm not tech savvy, but those kind of save files are usually somewhere in C/username/localroaming or something like that. I'm sure someone else can point you in the right direction if you need.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
You might have to find and delete your meta data file. I'm not tech savvy, but those kind of save files are usually somewhere in C/username/localroaming or something like that. I'm sure someone else can point you in the right direction if you need.
So this isn't as complete as I'd like, but here's my Meta file for now. It should go in "Users > [Name] > AppData > Roaming > Godot > app_userdata > Going Deeper".

tsukii

Mar 26, 2021
THAT'S THE SAME CRASH I KEEP GETTING.

My game is attached to my hard drive so it doesn't matter where I'm playing, since the game is connected to it.
Did you find solution that work for you yet? Reading above, you seem restart whole thing twice and still don't work

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
I haven't found the solution. I just know the exact points. I can't get the error message to show up because my computer says there's nothing wrong with Godot Engine.

-> Inviting the knights into the tent (I think with starting over, this causes the game to crash because I don't have all the stuff you can do in the tent (adding corruption happens on floor 8)
-> The knights land on top of the shrine in floor 5 (but its okay if you scry the shrine). I think this is connected to the previous bug where the shrine couldn't show more than one curse and it said NULL.

I did a clean sweep on my computer in case there was any games saved on it and that doesn't work either. I wondering where you download the game affects it. But then again, all saved datas get linked back to the main one.

blue_krystal

Jul 29, 2022
I don't have the list of ALL the sources for all of the songs (some were actually bought in music packs for example), but the link for that one in particular is in case you care to look into the person behind it or whatever.
Yes! I already found it but again thank you a lot for making it both accesible and now linking it directly (y)(y)

Privitarium

Oct 25, 2017
I did a clean sweep on my computer in case there was any games saved on it and that doesn't work either. I wondering where you download the game affects it. But then again, all saved datas get linked back to the main one.
The only other thing I can think of to do in addition is using regedit to delete any other remaining game data.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
-> Inviting the knights into the tent (I think with starting over, this causes the game to crash because I don't have all the stuff you can do in the tent (adding corruption happens on floor 8)
-> The knights land on top of the shrine in floor 5 (but its okay if you scry the shrine). I think this is connected to the previous bug where the shrine couldn't show more than one curse and it said NULL.
Hold on a sec. I think these are both scenarios that trigger a tutorial, even if you've already seen it on a previous playthrough. Let me check really quick... Calling the knights to my tent didn't trigger the tutorial? And neither did opening the skill scroll menu. But I'm sure that was a thing that kept on happening, even in recent updates... Was there a deliberate, undocumented update to stop that from showing up again if you've already seen it? Or perhaps an accidental one? And if that's the case, I wonder if... Have you tried using the meta file that I uploaded? It's possible that the issue isn't that you haven't properly deleted anything, but that you *are* starting from scratch and don't have the progress that the game expects you to have.

It's also possible the the override.cfg file has (or lacks) the thing that's triggering this. I don't know the full details of what all is saved in there, and while I think it *should* just be your settings from the Options menu, you never know what other silliness could be involved. There is a "skip tutorial" setting involved there, after all, and maybe some conflict between two things would... I dunno.

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
Was there a deliberate, undocumented update to stop that from showing up again if you've already seen it?
Yes, or rather, the change made the skill scroll tutorial not run if your game is not in "tutorial mode" (having chosen to play the tutorial at the start of the game). It is also true that I did not make this change to the shrine and desire manipulation tutorials (as those are triggered in the dungeon map and desire manipulation window scripts respectively), so you may be on to something there, though I still don't know what the solution would be.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Yes, or rather, the change made the skill scroll tutorial not run if your game is not in "tutorial mode" (having chosen to play the tutorial at the start of the game). It is also true that I did not make this change to the shrine and desire manipulation tutorials (as those are triggered in the dungeon map and desire manipulation window scripts respectively), so you may be on to something there, though I still don't know what the solution would be.
This would explain why Raguel didn't report a crash on the skill scroll screen. Let's see what happens with "tutorial mode" on... Well, I got the skill scroll tutorial, along with a bunch of others I forgot existed, but nothing from inviting the knights to my tent. Aaaand... nothing from tapping the first Eschahn Shrine. So yeah, something's stopping these tutorials from coming up under any circumstances. For me it's just doing nothing, but for Raguel and maybe that other person it's causing crashes.

Incidentally, I noticed in the previous run that the Witch's shop seemed to be very short on choices sometimes, but initially brushed it off. This run is definitely suspicious, though. I haven't had a single floor where she has more than one thing to buy, which was not the case before.

In unrelated news... Tweet Time!

So also the content direction poll ended and even if you weren't able to view it you MAY have had a guess at who won. If not, well, here's a butt to grab your attention and make it obvious.

F_FZhgmWMAAY6Zm.png
The Witch won? Honestly wasn't expecting that. I mean, I love her and all, but... I dunno, that butt's not something I'm after. I guess I see her more like a sister? Not that that would stop a lot of people. But I don't see her easily getting hypnotized, which is the only thing that interests me from a sexual standpoint. Honestly, I feel like she would be even *more* nonsensical if you ever got her into a trance and turned off the filter of her consciousness.

What were the poll results like, anyway?

I definitely underestimated how much personality would be conveyed just by adding the ability for her face to change in this menu...

F_U5saOWEAEJcAh.png
Huh. So that line wasn't a joke? So much for not being able to see her easily hypnotized. Is she possessed there, or what? Since Coraline says she doesn't know the Witch's deal, but she does know the third knight's deal, that rules out the possibility that they're the same person. But if the third knight is somehow able to influence both Lucette's memory and the personel files from inside the dungeon, I suppose it's possible that she left a message with the Witch.

Of course, on the subject of suspicious quotes from the Witch, there's also, "Lost in thought? I'm right here, though." Witch = Melos stonks rising.

I dunno, I sometimes feel like there's something kinda cute about her still...

F_kobWPXMAAknYP.png
'Kay.

She'd be a lot cuter without the black eye-holes, which is mostly the fault of whoever made that mannequin. Just give her a better vessel and you could almost forget that she's a terrifying blob of living latex operating that thing like a puppet.

...Y'know, at this point it seems kind of like a no-brainer to have an extra scene for when another knight tries to break her victim out of sex only for the latex to possess that knight and have her make love to her companion. Although I'm guessing there's no framework for two-target sex attacks (to say nothing of the balance), and it would require a whopping six different variations unless you have it only show the knight who gets possessed and not the new victim. (Or have the first knight's head offscreen in any shots featuring the second knight, showing only the latex suit's shape which doesn't necessarily have to match the actual shape of its victim.)

Privitarium

Oct 25, 2017
where the regedit address? since nothing work, might as well try that
Unfortunately as tech unsavvy as I am, I couldn't help you. I CAN tell you my method when using regedit: after using the search function, I brute force my way by opening each folder one by one because I often don't know all the right file names to search for.

I'm a little dull tech-wise, but I'm patient and stubborn.

Last edited:

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
I didn't have a problem with the skill scroll screen because I had the WORST RNG when it came to getting absolutely nothing in treasure chests. But one thing that happens a lot when I finished a run into NG+ is that the tutorial of the tent or the scrolls were flipped depending on which one I do first. The scrolls as a result will never crash my game because it was the last time I got it.

When you re-download the game, it goes back to defaulting to not skipping the tutorial. The tutorial just fails to show up now unless you're telling me I cannot skip the first tutorial at all and I have to go through all of that dialogue and try again. Gonna try that...

4.50 star(s) 24 Votes