Others Completed Complete Goblin Burrow: I'll Borne [v.220415] [Peperoncino]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

SpikeSpiegeru

Aug 7, 2019
Diagnosing that now, and I am 99% sure it is because of SHIFT-JIS.

For instance, these two strings look identical:
Code:
あ〜、はい、知ってますよ

あ~、はい、知ってますよ
Right? Right.

Not to a computer, you see, these are actually different characters.
Code:
〜

~
When I scrape the RAW files, I scrape them into UTF-16, because that is a better encoding for compatibility than SHIFT-JIS. When I go to replace the JPN with ENG, however, I am taking the SHIFT-JIS encoded text, and searching my UTF-16 encoded library. Where special characters like that show up, that causes a mismatch and the line fails.

Easy to fix, annoying to deal with.
It may be a dumb question, but just in case:
Do you use Notepad++ to edit text files at bulk? (replacing letters/characters, etc...)
Or do you edit one by one?

viktor2104

Formerly 'Thai2410'
Jul 30, 2017
Does Anyone know how to edit the savedata?
saveeditonline.com can't read the files savedata
As far as I know, there is no save editor for games built on this engine

Cheat engine, on the other hand, work very well. I use it to edit items.

Thinh

Oct 2, 2017
After playing a bit, I notice that you can only get 1 active skill (!?). Seem like a big nerf.
Also enemy has magic def now, so spamming aoe magic is not good anymore

viktor2104

Formerly 'Thai2410'
Jul 30, 2017
After playing a bit, I notice that you can only get 1 active skill (!?). Seem like a big nerf.
Also enemy has magic def now, so spamming aoe magic is not good anymore
The magic-def thing has always been there. It's just Def. Tougher enemies have greatly improved def that you may think they have magic resist of some kind. Luckily, you also have skills that scale of physic attack (such as Smite) so the Paladin and Lord are in better place.

But yeah, I can see the dev reduce skill slot to 1 so magic isn't the meta anymore. Physic attack is now very viable though.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
this message appear when I'm trying to rape Florencia
View attachment 1312669
Thanks, discovered a brand new thing to look for. Easy fix.

It may be a dumb question, but just in case:
Do you use Notepad++ to edit text files at bulk? (replacing letters/characters, etc...)
Or do you edit one by one?
I use Python, so all the text processing is automated. I scrape the game text into CSVs, then build a library of all the unique text lines as a JSON library for translating. From there I can either rebuild the game files with the MTL text or dump the unique lines into CSVs in whatever configuration I want to do manual translations, and for that I use Notepad++. Some really substantial bulk edits I do using Python, but I'll also use Replace All in Notepad++ for some of the smaller stuff.

If I'm troubleshooting I'll mostly use Notepad++, since as some of the bug reports show it's easier to navigate to specific lines where the problem occurred.

Reactions: SpikeSpiegeru

SpikeSpiegeru

Aug 7, 2019
Thanks, discovered a brand new thing to look for. Easy fix.

I use Python, so all the text processing is automated. I scrape the game text into CSVs, then build a library of all the unique text lines as a JSON library for translating. From there I can either rebuild the game files with the MTL text or dump the unique lines into CSVs in whatever configuration I want to do manual translations, and for that I use Notepad++. Some really substantial bulk edits I do using Python, but I'll also use Replace All in Notepad++ for some of the smaller stuff.

If I'm troubleshooting I'll mostly use Notepad++, since as some of the bug reports show it's easier to navigate to specific lines where the problem occurred.
As a noob to this field, I didn't understand half of what you explained to me now.
In fact, it's a professional job you do.

Thinh

Oct 2, 2017
The magic-def thing has always been there. It's just Def. Tougher enemies have greatly improved def that you may think they have magic resist of some kind. Luckily, you also have skills that scale of physic attack (such as Smite) so the Paladin and Lord are in better place.

But yeah, I can see the dev reduce skill slot to 1 so magic isn't the meta anymore. Physic attack is now very viable though.
Well some girls (like the bride dwarf one) seem like taking more damage from physical skills than magic skills so I figured there is some sort of magic-def now.
About skills, I notice some girls have passive, so the 2nd skill slot maybe for that? Furthermore, I think I saw someone mentioning using girls in battle but I dont see the button for it?

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Well some girls (like the bride dwarf one) seem like taking more damage from physical skills than magic skills so I figured there is some sort of magic-def now.
About skills, I notice some girls have passive, so the 2nd skill slot maybe for that? Furthermore, I think I saw someone mentioning using girls in battle but I dont see the button for it?
There are passive skills. One of them in the code is magical defense (enemy only), though I don't know who it is applied to. That might be what you saw with a dramatic change in MGC damage.

The girls in battle thing was false, not sure where that came from.

viktor2104

Formerly 'Thai2410'
Jul 30, 2017
The girls in battle thing was false, not sure where that came from.
It was me. When the game hasn't come out, in the first game's thread. People were saying that it would be cool to have that mechanic, and I replied by saying that I hoped it will happen for this game.

Hongfire Survivor

Mar 28, 2020
The storylines are great so far.

One woman hates her husband with a passion for leaving her behind.

Another, her party leaves while attacking the burrow because they are jealous of her.

Stats actually matter alot more this time around (ill still make super Shamans)

Reactions: Skyzenski

August Derleth

Oct 15, 2020
so I manage to get all the endings, this is for anyone who want to get all of it

Annoyance END: Alessandra + Carlotta and all Commoners debauched
Coup d'etat END: Serena, Amelia, Florencia debauched
Black Ship END: Kirinho, Nazuna, Suzu, Tsukuyo debauched
Giant Star END: Captured all four of Brave Party and get debauched
Sinking Star END: Defeat the Brave Party at the turn 100

1627025390039.png

Last edited:

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
so I manage to get all the endings, this is for anyone who want to get all of it

Annoyance END: Alessandra + Carlotta and all Commoners debauched
Coup d'etat END: Serena, Amelia, Florencia debauched
Black Ship END: Kirinho, Nazuna, Suzu, Tsukuyo debauched
Giant Star END: Captured all four Brave Party and get debauched
Sinking Star END: Defeat the Brave Party at the turn 100

View attachment 1314514
Mostly I am just glad the translation is stable enough to get all the endings. I know that wasn't what you were going for with this post, but thank you for it.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
TRANSLATION UPDATE

Out of date

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

has also gone live. If you want to help with cleaning up or retranslating the MTL, this is your chance! The README has all the instructions.

Last edited:

viktor2104

Formerly 'Thai2410'
Jul 30, 2017
There is also a new patch from the dev on DLsite. But I have no idea how to get them without re-download the entire game.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Yeah, it's a shame they aren't using the patch function they built for DLC to push patches. Maybe they're sharing patches like that on their devblog rather than DLSite? It is a pain to redownload all 5.5GB for what is probably about 2kb of files that were actually edited.

Reactions: Hongfire Survivor
3.00 star(s) 2 Votes