Others Completed Complete Goblin Burrow: I'll Borne [v.220415] [Peperoncino]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Thai2410

Jul 30, 2017
Oh, interesting. That explains the discount then.

Could have saved money, had to buy another product to get the discount with one of the few coupons I had left :cautious:
Get one or two of the last game DLCs. They are only 1$ each.

On a second note, the last Goblin's Burrow also didn't have voice on release. It took them 1 month and a half to add those in.

Reactions: Hongfire Survivor

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
hubris.png

I said:
Making it playable and stable is relatively easy. I built a translation platform for Goblin Burrow and Virgin Lode 2 that is very consistent now with how it affects the text. As long as I do a quick proofread of changes I make to the system files I'm quite confident it will be stable.
Well fuck me, I guess.

The MTL has cooked, and we have entered integration hell.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
What's the problem? (asking for someone who is coding illiterate)
Diagnosing that now, and I am 99% sure it is because of SHIFT-JIS.

For instance, these two strings look identical:
Code:
あ〜、はい、知ってますよ

あ~、はい、知ってますよ
Right? Right.

Not to a computer, you see, these are actually different characters.
Code:
〜

~
When I scrape the RAW files, I scrape them into UTF-16, because that is a better encoding for compatibility than SHIFT-JIS. When I go to replace the JPN with ENG, however, I am taking the SHIFT-JIS encoded text, and searching my UTF-16 encoded library. Where special characters like that show up, that causes a mismatch and the line fails.

Easy to fix, annoying to deal with.

Thai2410

Jul 30, 2017
Diagnosing that now, and I am 99% sure it is because of SHIFT-JIS.

For instance, these two strings look identical:
Code:
あ〜、はい、知ってますよ

あ~、はい、知ってますよ
Right? Right.

Not to a computer, you see, these are actually different characters.
Code:
〜

~
When I scrape the RAW files, I scrape them into UTF-16, because that is a better encoding for compatibility than SHIFT-JIS. When I go to replace the JPN with ENG, however, I am taking the SHIFT-JIS encoded text, and searching my UTF-16 encoded library. Where special characters like that show up, that causes a mismatch and the line fails.

Easy to fix, annoying to deal with.
I see.

Sometime in translation for Goblin's Burrow and Holy Road 2 I see them. Original Japanese text was a big, long ~ to express the girls' tones. And when translated out it turn into the small tiny ~ which don't look very good.

Thinh

Oct 2, 2017
Just want to ask, what is the program you use to unpack the data file? I have tried using KrkrExtract but it throwed errors when trying to open the .exe file.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Just want to ask, what is the program you use to unpack the data file? I have tried using KrkrExtract but it throwed errors when trying to open the .exe file.
Yeah, KrkrExtract is troublesome, because in order to handle the Japanese it needs to be launched in Japanese locale, which you can't really do because it's not coded to launch like that. I feel like there's probably a way to get it to work, but I haven't found it.

I use instead. It has never given me any problems.

May 22, 2020
Yeah, KrkrExtract is troublesome, because in order to handle the Japanese it needs to be launched in Japanese locale, which you can't really do because it's not coded to launch like that. I feel like there's probably a way to get it to work, but I haven't found it.

I use instead. It has never given me any problems.
Damn I respect your hardwork my friend seeing you working on the translation so enthusiastically made my heart move keep up the good work! Ah but don't let the goblin slayer catch you!!

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Testing the translation a little, I discovered that you can actually import a save from a previous Goblin Burrow game. Very cool, gonna make testing way easier.

As a progress report, I managed to fix the earlier issue, just chasing down a last few (very important) missing pieces of text.

To save my MEGA from getting gangbanged by people downloading the game, I'm only going to be releasing a patch file at least for these WIP/Partial builds I'll be releasing. You won't need the most recent version of the game, because the patch will contain all the files that were changed, but you will need your own copy. There is a torrent on sukebei. When I'm ready for a 1.0 release I'll include a full copy and have it uploaded through the Uploaders to the Games section. While it's here in Translation land, doing partials only, my freebie MEGA won't be able to keep up any other way.

Last edited:

Thai2410

Jul 30, 2017
import a save from a previous Goblin Burrow game
It's probably because the "Scene maker" feature where you can create your own scene using the game's asset and upload it online (and also download people's creation) They said that if you have game 1, you can use those assets, too.

Some girls in this game are related to girls in game 1 (most obvious example is the first girl, Cotton, who is actually Anvil's sister) If you have game one, then some lines about it will also change accordingly.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
TRANSLATION UPDATE

Okay, so a lot has gone wrong today that I did not expect. In trying to fix one issue I am either going to streamline my process or just keep breaking things and have to revert my changes. Fun times.

Anyways.

Here is

As I mentioned earlier, I will not be sharing the full game because I cannot host that much. You will need to acquire it yourself. An outdated version is fine, I have included all the relevant update files in this patch.

Just drag the patch_1.xp3 into your game folder, and you are golden.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Updated the OP.

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes