Unity Glassix 2 [v0.8.0] [Gaweb Studio]

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Yeah that's my favorite part too.
Glassix 2 was released that early because I wanted to get early feedback on performances, Glassix 2 being much more ambitious than my previous games. And the last few months have been focused on making the game playable as best as possible even on low end specs with lots of work on texture optimizations and packing as well as work on making lighting adequate so yes, there's basically not content or interactions yet, graphics could be better (and they are currently better than before)

Glassix 2 is really different from other games because all its content is loaded dynamically with the intention in the long run to give the abilities for players to easily mod the game, add their own events, cities, buildings, locations, furniture and so on. Which other games don't do either.

All of that requires lots of skills in various domains and I work alone on that so yes, lots of aspects in the game will be need some work but it was the same with Glassix, took lots of work to make it what it is today.

So all your previous questions and statements are really pointless since the game is in a basic alpha state.

retardo

Sep 17, 2017
Glassix 2 was released that early because I wanted to get early feedback on performances, Glassix 2 being much more ambitious than my previous games. And the last few months have been focused on making the game playable as best as possible even on low end specs with lots of work on texture optimizations and packing as well as work on making lighting adequate so yes, there's basically not content or interactions yet, graphics could be better (and they are currently better than before)

Glassix 2 is really different from other games because all its content is loaded dynamically with the intention in the long run to give the abilities for players to easily mod the game, add their own events, cities, buildings, locations, furniture and so on. Which other games don't do either.

All of that requires lots of skills in various domains and I work alone on that so yes, lots of aspects in the game will be need some work but it was the same with Glassix, took lots of work to make it what it is today.

So all your previous questions and statements are really pointless since the game is in a basic alpha state.
You should have kept it on the backburner for a year or two then, you can't release something in this state and expect good things.

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
You should have kept it on the backburner for a year or two then, you can't release something in this state and expect good things.
I didn't expect good things. I expected feedback on performances. Which I got from some players. I achieved my goal. There are plenty of other games with uglier graphics out there which are still working so I don't really worry about my game.

Will the graphics improve like 10 times more?
No. If you want a game with AAA graphics, you will want to look elsewhere.

• Sad
Reactions: Necronlord5

blackrose33

Jan 9, 2020
Will the graphics improve? Hopefully yes, however accomplishing this requires knowledge and lots of work. If anyone knows how to pull off better graphics than Daed does, by all means, please step up and lend a hand. This is being driven primarily by one guy with bits and pieces being contributed by others passionate about his vision.

The way I see it, this is kind of like a D&D game for smut, where GMs can make content for their friends and community. Just remember everything is still early in development, and our collective observations and opinions can help him build a better product.

Reactions: Torquemadder

_Ner_

Aug 1, 2017
I'm a longtime fan of the Glassix, and to see a sequel was a delight, but I have to question the design choice. I got the game to run and the game ran fine, but I'd didn't try to hard to mess with it. I have to wonder if the "let people make their own content" was the right choice. The similarities to lifeplay are uncanny and while I know that can be worked out in time, starting from that positions makes the game feel, in my opinion, soulless. Its the same issue I had with lifeplay where nothing matters, so why bother. Perhaps its not the game for me, but best of luck to you and I'll keep an eye on the project.

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Mac version?
Possibly. Unity has a build version for Mac but never gave it a shot. I'll try it when I have more time.

I'm a longtime fan of the Glassix, and to see a sequel was a delight, but I have to question the design choice. I got the game to run and the game ran fine, but I'd didn't try to hard to mess with it. I have to wonder if the "let people make their own content" was the right choice. The similarities to lifeplay are uncanny and while I know that can be worked out in time, starting from that positions makes the game feel, in my opinion, soulless. Its the same issue I had with lifeplay where nothing matters, so why bother. Perhaps its not the game for me, but best of luck to you and I'll keep an eye on the project.
I get what you mean and indeed, Glassix 2 does feel different from Glassix 1 and soulless at the moment. I think this is in part due to the way I'm going with the game indeed, being more community oriented, but also because at the moment, there are basically 0 event filling the game. The plan is to add many small daily life events, interactions with co-workers, random encounters or opportunities and so on which would make the game feel more alive. Glassix 2 pushes the simulation aspect of Glassix 1 further where you'll be able to control much more of the world. Money will play a bigger role for example where you'll be able to own buildings, get rent from tenants, buy furniture, customize room design, build you own sex dungeon and play there with your waifus, buy sexy clothes which can be worn by any girl and so on. This version is really a basic framework of all of that which was released because Daz models are super heavy and I needed to know how low end specs would fare with it. And this was a worth shot on this aspect because it did allow me to optimize stuff earlier than later where it usually get too messy to work on optimizations. The downside is some players can't see it's just a framework and will consider this as a final version and spam unconstructive remarks instead of helping with proper feedback. But that was the same at the beginning of Glassix 1 so it doesn't really matter.

Reactions: Imw and blackrose33

bulgara

Jan 13, 2020
So in the jumbling around in the 2 hours of figuring things out, these are the things I noticed / a few ideas for a grain of salt (forgive me if already mentioned)[v0.8.0].

1. Free Mode:
    1. Saves didn't load. In fact the Scenario Save and the Free Mode save share the same save file. (Verified by having the save1.json loaded into notepad++
    2. Random Generator works great .... but if you set it at max you can still add more people afterwards but then can't assign roles to them because all roles are taken.
      1. Is there a way to delete generated characters 1 by 1?
        1. Wasn't obvious to me but maybe a right click function or perhaps a double click or pull down next to their name to delete
      2. Inserting the youngest male tyler mercer and choosing him as a character ... noticed he was castrated and sealed (perhaps I was just too zoomed far back as I was still figuring out the camera controls at the time).
      3. Perhaps an option (if age slider permits legal character ages) to click a toggle to say generate parents for people
        1. Perhaps could be helped with another of your 3 percent windows (asian/african/caucasion) so:
          1. Set Young Age group max age e.g. 22
          2. Set Adult Age group min age e.g. 42
          3. Window slider ( <= Young Age / In between / >= Adult Age)
        2. Mind you I guess you could have a situation of having a god parent or aunt/uncle be a similar age as you that ends up being "guardian" due to parent death.
      4. Auto generation gave me a 19 year old Dean. Must have been a genius that skipped a few grades. (This was with a max age of 45 average age 30)
    3. Never did see the option to add in my own generated character from the editor. (Probably I was blind as bat but figured that I should be able to through the + option in the character list ... instead it seemed to only offer mercers)
  2. Scenario Mode:
    1. Seems like some people don't go to their job location e.g. secretary never goes to secretary room (and yes I checked under the deans desk)
  3. Both
    1. Not spending all the karma points and going into game results in 0 karma points to spend (didn't see this variable in the save file ... mind you tough to read on an infinitely long single line in notepad++ thank god spells were at the end.)
      1. E:\Glassix 2 v0.8.0\Glassix 2_Data\StreamingAssets\Saves
        1. Edited myself to domination value 500 just to see the material you had for animations. Thanks for allowing this currently.
    2. Would be nice if the time hour glass
      1. Was offered inside the building (perhaps that was for disabled to force rendering?)
      2. Offer more than 9 hrs for skip e.g. the full 24. Hence why I edited the domination.
  4. Editor
    1. Without knowing what each character name looks like in the pull down list for e.g. skin tone / eyebrows maybe create a toggle to switch to type: e.g. asian/caucasian/ebony/etc and thin1-3/thick1-3/etc. (same for all other similar options)
      1. perhaps even a quick preset body type pick click panel e.g. Human, Hulk, Bimbo, Red Wizard is about to die ... Needs Food Badly, etc.
    2. Stockings ... for some reason the fishnet stockings had 1 higher up the leg than the other.
      1. Really wanted the garter option for them. I'll just have to keep dreaming for the future.

Either way great forthcoming concept. Looking forward to what the game will look like in the coming years.

Reactions: Stringy Bob

yohanshmurge

Jan 8, 2018
Every attempt to change hair, eyebrowse, eyelashes ect colour leads it to chage in to balck colur and you can do nothing about it. Can't even understand how to play. It loock's like broken copy of "Lifeplay".

Factor96

Apr 6, 2022
Loved the first game, but judging from the models, kinda worried if this took the Lab Rats 2 route.../QUOTE]

That comparison is apt in other ways, given how ambitious this game is, and could get devoured by that ambition if the dev isn’t careful.