Unity Glassix 2 [v0.8.0] [Gaweb Studio]

RavenDG34

Jan 21, 2017
Hm, you have a point. Just to make it clear, you mean when you switch from Appearance Editor to Biography Editor, right?
Yeah. I designed a character. Went to save but saw "Biography Editor" I wasn't sure if it was how you edited more details for your character or what, but clicking it instantly erased all custoizations on my unsaved character. A simple popup warning it will erase customizations, or just saving the progress in case you go back would be helpful.

Scorpio1971

Jun 23, 2017
Thanks for the feedback.

Quality settings impacts the size of the textures with 2K for High, 1K for Medium and 512 for Low. Though I'm not sure it works for textures located in the mod folders now that I talk about it. I'll have to look into it, that could reduce GPU usage even more.

For navigation, using doors or exit points like Glassix 1 was also suggested by other players and it's possible to add but will take some times too. I'll add this as a dev milestone in the monthly poll release so players can decide the priority for development with other features.

For camera control, WASD should already work though they go relative to the camera rotation. Adding arrows for movement unrelated to camera orientation would indeed be a good idea for even more control. I also have to adjust camera movement with mouse depending on the zoom level since camera moves way too fast when max zoomed in.

Right again for the Atlas new column, current location. It'll be added. Plus a button to quick travel to there location directly from the Atlas to make it even more easy to move around. Though like Glassix 1, they might move somewhere else during the time it takes for you to reach them...

Good point about highlighting interactable stuff. Will see what I can do.

For the sleeping bug, I'll look into it.

For the stuff disappearing, this is not a bug. It's an auto hide feature to hide furniture when moving the camera around, so that you can see the "action" between two characters even from under a bed. But you're not the first one to mentioned such an issue. I think I'll add an option in the game menu to toggle this feature so players can decide if it's needed.

For the positive feedback, that's exactly why I went this way with Glassix 2. Just a clarification between Scenario and Free mode. The idea between those two would be to make Glassix 2 more versatile.
Scenario like you said would be more story focused, similar to VN, where it would be possible for the creator to disable complete the sandbox feeling and go simply for a 3D visual novel gameplay. For example, it would be possible in a scenario to completely skip the city map interface and only focus on in locations events, switching locations and time as the story goes on.
Free mode would be aimed for players who prefer sandbox mode and there are a lot of features not implemented yet, such as job promotion/corporate ladder with custom actions depending on your job and rank, money system with salary and rent to pay, the ability to buy and own stuff such as buildings or furniture, the ability to customize your own rooms, wardrobe management, schedule management for your slaves, build your own sex dungeon with unique sex furniture and so on... which would make Glassix 2 closer to "The Sims" with generic and custom events filling the city to make it entertaining too.

So basically, what you have here is only ~10% of what the game will be. It'll take a few years to implement everything that I said but I'm patient and already proved I'll deliver what I said with Glassix 1. And the more support, the faster I'll be able to deliver all this ;)

That's weird indeed. Did you check in your task manager if the game is properly closed, like a "Glassix 2.exe" still present in the list when it shouldn't? Or maybe check if some "Unity" stuff is running. Just to make it clear, you did open the game at some point, right? How did you close it?
The game was not responding ,so I closed it using task manager.
Then restarted my pc when I couldn't delete the folder,but still couldn't delete it.
I also checked the task manager for any.exe file but couldn't find any.
Untitled.png

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I know you wrote a lot discussing my earlier post, but this right here puts into perspective alot of the design decisions regarding gameplay and the character models. I also don't envy the insane task you have ahead of you in developing the AI that governs character actions in sandbox mode, especially with how complex the AI for the Sims has been (there is a Game Maker's Toolkit video discussing Sims 1-4 AI that honestly impressed me).

I've seen quite a few posts bashing LR2 for the goblinesk character models, but what Vren and others did with the code is nothing short of impressive. The advantage I have in terms of perspective over others is that I spent the past month and a half reverse engineering the engine they built within Ren'Py, and I can say with confidence that these guys definitely know their shit. I would take the comparison to their game as a compliment considering you both are breaking new grounds in the adult gaming world by building the most complex games to date. What this also means is that your game is prioritizing functionality over storytelling, which is a good approach to take when your end goal is near infinite expand-ability in terms of what stories can be told.

If you play your cards right you can easily market your game to other developers as a game engine based in Unity. While a finished product is still years off it seems that you know your stuff and can make something truly unique.
Well, regarding the Sims aspect, I won't go too deep either. Mainly regarding animations and control. There won't be walking animations between spots for example. You could tell them to sit on a chair or stand in the corner, but the movement will be instantaneous. I prefer avoiding the hassle of dealing with pathfinding in a room, even more when it'll be possible to customize the rooms furniture and change stuff around. But it could be another upgrade to do once the game has no more features to add.

About LR2, I personally played several hours maybe days of it, I really enjoy the control you have over the characters and even though some characters aren't that beautiful, it's far from the "worst of the worst" many other players report. But to each their own taste. If they don't like Daz characters, then Glassix 2 is simply not for them.

Yeah. I designed a character. Went to save but saw "Biography Editor" I wasn't sure if it was how you edited more details for your character or what, but clicking it instantly erased all custoizations on my unsaved character. A simple popup warning it will erase customizations, or just saving the progress in case you go back would be helpful.
Ok I thought so. Adding a warning that you need to save the character would avoid this kind of issue. I'll add that asap. Thanks for the feedback!

Armelle69

Dec 2, 2018
Well, I didn't know there was this project en route, and it's very good news ^^ I love the concept, very promising !
Some questions / suggestions (didn't play it yet -I'll have to save some time, someday-, so maybe the answer exists right in the beginning ^^) :
- is it possible to change the age, and/or the name of some characters ?
- is there (or will be) a cheat mode ? Grinding is very time consumming (and as much as I realy love Glassix 1, I could'nt play it without a lot of cheat ^^ )
- will there be public exhibitionism / cosplay ? It's the main attraction of Glassix, so it would be quite dispointing if it wasn't the case in here

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Well, I didn't know there was this project en route, and it's very good news ^^ I love the concept, very promising !
Some questions / suggestions (didn't play it yet -I'll have to save some time, someday-, so maybe the answer exists right in the beginning ^^) :
- is it possible to change the age, and/or the name of some characters ?
- is there (or will be) a cheat mode ? Grinding is very time consumming (and as much as I realy love Glassix 1, I could'nt play it without a lot of cheat ^^ )
- will there be public exhibitionism / cosplay ? It's the main attraction of Glassix, so it would be quite dispointing if it wasn't the case in here
For age and name, it depends on the chosen mode. Scenario will usually follow a story with fixed gender and possibly fixed named but it'll be up to the creator to let player change it. Then there is free mode where you'll be able to inject your own custom character in any city so you'll have access to name and gender there.
For cheat, yes they'll be back :D
And yes to for exhibitionism and cosplay. There will be a wardrobe management similar to Glassix 1.

• Love
Reactions: Armelle69

Factor96

Apr 6, 2022
This one should be possible since it's done with Unity. I'll give it a shot asap.
Also am hoping for a Mac version, especially as I'm not sure this is optimized well enough for my laptop (could be overestimating some stuff, but still).

Otherwise, I wish you the best of luck. The character editor has me crossing my fingers that BE (Breast Expansion) is a possibility, but I'm pretty understanding if that's off the table for technical reasons.

Harem Route

Jan 13, 2018
Was going to give it a shot, but that's how character looks in the very first cutscene... uhm... promising? xD

1692947103377.png

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Was going to give it a shot, but that's how character looks in the very first cutscene... uhm... promising? xD

View attachment 2877043
Lol! That's indeed quite strange. Some other players reported this but I have yet to find out why some characters end up with red skin when it's not in the list of possible skin colors. If you reload a new game, do they still have red skin?

Sassazael

Jul 26, 2020
I can see where you're going with this, but this is janky as all hell. Maybe it will be good at a later date.

LOchar

Feb 25, 2021
I am not sure if I am blind, but game has a schedule yet for life of me, never see time, just date on top left.

I bought Lust Complex on steam and dont have issues with these models and hope this develops more, needs some more meat to go wiith the potatoes. :)