kansasdude

Sep 13, 2017
Kate just finished painting the basement, can't wait to see what she puts down there.......her own bedroom (bed, dresser, desk, PC , tv, couch)?

rightsaidfred

Nov 23, 2017
I loved BB, i was excited about this game when i heard about it, i love the idea of a female MC.

Then i heard that it has internet connection required DRM. Why would anyone think that's a good idea for an Adult game? Some server somewhere keeping logs of peoples fap sessions...

I'll never be a patreon as long as this game has internet connection required DRM.

tecmoxninja

Jul 15, 2017
Here's what Dark Silver writes about the problems with the server

We knew it might happen one day. Even if our server went down because of the problems at hosting data-center and it wasn't really our fault, it happened anyway. If it's any consolation, it happened for the first time in a long time, everything was fine for over a year while we were working on BB.
And while it only happened once, we still want to move to a better hosting with better hardware. It's possible the game might become more responsive and will work better than before.
You might already know about this things, but I want to write a list of pros and cons of client-server based game.
Cons:
Server might be down like it happened yesterday. We're working on this problem.
The game can't be pirated, which is a minus for some players and a plus for others. It's also a big plus for a stable and quick development process.
You can't use programs like a CheatEngine to get yourself infinite money and the like. We'll try to fix this one by adding optional cheats which will lock out achievements. I've told you about this system before and I'll tell more in the future.
You need to have an Internet connection. Thankfully, you don't need a very stable connection with a good ping.
Pros:
Automatic updates. You won't have to download patches or new versions and install them. Just start the game and it will do everything for you.
Sharing save files between devices. If you play on more than one device, you won't have to manually move save files between them.
Fixing bugs is a lot easier for everyone. Everything minor like typos and event requirements doesn't even require restarting the game. And even major updates only need restarting the game.
Logging in with Patreon accounts gives us ample opportunities to reward our Patrons in the game. In the past, pirates were getting access to the game on the same day as our $40 Patrons, while the rest of our Patrons had to wait another week to play. We won't be "punishing" our Patrons for their support anymore.
Achievement system will let us

Playing with this game mode implies that you can't use cheat-mode to get more money and change stats.
He said they're going to think about them by putting some options..... how much you bet that will only be available to those who pay $40?
In practice this mode of play will allow them to suck more money to their donors.
I'm glad I don't support it anymore.

kansasdude

Sep 13, 2017
Server is up again
Jun 11 at 5:11am
We knew it might happen one day. Even if our server went down because of the problems at hosting data-center and it wasn't really our fault, it happened anyway. If it's any consolation, it happened for the first time in a long time, everything was fine for over a year while we were working on BB.
And while it only happened once, we still want to move to a better hosting with better hardware. It's possible the game might become more responsive and will work better than before.

You might already know about this things, but I want to write a list of pros and cons of client-server based game.

Cons:

• Server might be down like it happened yesterday. We're working on this problem.
  • The game can't be pirated, which is a minus for some players and a plus for others. It's also a big plus for a stable and quick development process.
  • You can't use programs like a CheatEngine to get yourself infinite money and the like. We'll try to fix this one by adding optional cheats which will lock out achievements. I've told you about this system before and I'll tell more in the future.
  • You need to have an Internet connection. Thankfully, you don't need a very stable connection with a good ping.
Pros:

• Automatic updates. You won't have to download patches or new versions and install them. Just start the game and it will do everything for you.
  • Sharing save files between devices. If you play on more than one device, you won't have to manually move save files between them.
  • Fixing bugs is a lot easier for everyone. Everything minor like typos and event requirements doesn't even require restarting the game. And even major updates only need restarting the game.
  • Logging in with Patreon accounts gives us ample opportunities to reward our Patrons in the game. In the past, pirates were getting access to the game on the same day as our $40 Patrons, while the rest of our Patrons had to wait another week to play. We won't be "punishing" our Patrons for their support anymore.
  • Achievement system will let us reward the players for their in-game activity. Achievements will be saved on the server, so people will have to actually achieve something to get them.
  • This system makes the game easier to work on for our team. Working on BB by myself was easier _for me_, but there's only so much one person can do. Now everyone on our team can work in parallel in our test server. This multiplies development speed several times over.

We thought about pros and cons in the very beginning of the development and pros outweighed the cons. Fighting privacy wasn't our main goal, but the fact that the game is now a lot harder to crack is a nice bonus. The main part you get a game with a quick development cycle, automatic updates and cloud saving.

We're finishing up 0.3 and starting to work on 0.4. The game should update soon. You'll see the changelog in the next post.

kansasdude

Sep 13, 2017
Update for 0.3
Jun 11 at 6:25am
  • Worked on save menu interface. Now it shows correct in-game date in the loading menu.
  • Main menu now remembers your language choice when you start the game.
  • You can now open main menu by pressing ESC button.
  • Added several background images for the main menu.
  • Fixed a bug locking the players from bathroom events and related dialogs.
  • Changed mall's and fitness club's schedules. Now they close at 21:00.
  • Kate doesn't know about the mall until she talks about morning runs with Julia.
  • Added cooldowns on job related conversations with Julia.
  • Now Kate doesn't watch erotic channel if Julia is in the room, even before they talk about it.
  • Added events where Kate can play with herself while she's watching erotica.
  • Julia can catch Kate, there are dialogs about it.
  • Added more events in the bathroom. They become available after Julia catches Kate in the living room.
  • Added several dialogs about modesty. They become available after an event in the bathroom.
  • Now when Julia is watching TV in the living room, images on TV change from time to time. Same with the laptop in her room.
  • Fixed bug when list of save files wasn't updating after sleeping.
  • Fixed bug where conversation with Julia could change to the conversation with an NPC Kate was talking before talking to Julia.
  • Added functionality to save system so new content shouldn't break old saves.
Previous 0.3 fixes:

• Fixed important events so players can't accidentally skip them (trying out college uniform on Sunday, first and second days in college).
  • Decreased time spent on painting the basement from 6 to 3 hours before the special event and from 2 to 1 after.
  • Added cooldown for painting the basement so you can't paint it several times in the row. It wasn't available for technical reasons. Now it's 7 hours before the event and 14 after.
  • Fixed the bug when you could forever talk to Julia about the basement.
  • Fixed the text at the start of the game. Both for patrons and for guests.
  • Fixed mistakes in dialogs where NPCs were saying other characters' lines.
  • Added missing background for the hall. Sometimes Julia had black background instead of the correct image.
  • Fixed a bug where the game showed two options (login via Patreon or play as a guest) even after you logged in. Now it should only happen once, and after you login you'll see "play the game".

0.3 is now done and we can start working on 0.4. I'll tell you about it in the next post.

Reactions: JasonJemodah

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Server crush on a server-side saves game only? LOL.
How long were the people locked out of the game they are paying for?

djax

May 5, 2017
can someone share about this game who already play it, is this game bad, good, or recommended?
i never play it, so i need your opinion to decide

Gok

Jun 9, 2017
can someone share about this game who already play it, is this game bad, good, or recommended?
i never play it, so i need your opinion to decide
For non patrons it's basically nothing, you get the introduction and few scenes at school and home.

rulzlol

May 13, 2017
Poor guy is making this complex "read everything or you are fcked" game meanwhile people play with these to fap..

littleone

Jul 14, 2017
some of the pros is bullshit lmao

automatic updates , sharing files between device is not exclusive to server side games , all single player games on steam have that future lmao

paralel development is also irrelevant to server side lmao , u upload the source code to some svn server doesnt mean the game itself have to be server side lmao

ds lies so funny xd xd

JasonJemodah

Nov 10, 2017

Good news for our $20 tier supporters. Premium 0.3 content is now available for you. You now have access to new dialogs and events, all you have to do is start the game.
We're going to move to our new server tomorrow, about 24 hours from now, maybe earlier. The game will be offline for about an hour. We hope the game will be even better with the change.

JasonJemodah

Nov 10, 2017

E15FDB00-7440-4BB8-81A6-AEF60010BD3E.jpeg

Even though we started working on adding content into the game, we still have a lot of game mechanics to implement. For example, college lessons are going to take a lot of our time. We're making a sandbox, not a visual novel, so we have big plans. Thankfully, most of this work is done by our programmer, while the rest of the team can concentrate on adding new content using already existing game mechanics.
For now, we want to work in two directions besides lessons. (Also, we won't be able to finish them by 0.4, it's going to take some time):

• Julia helping Kate with overcoming her shyness. You'll know what I'm talking about once you played 0.3, if you haven't by now.
  • First job. That's what I want to talk about today.

We're starting with implementing a job before implementing shops. You gotta make money to spend money, right? First job in the game is going to be a maid in the hotel.

Generally speaking, maid job is going to have two phases. First one (the one we'll add in 0.4) — is just a job to earn some money. Second phase will be story-related. In phase two hotel won't be the only place where Kate will be able to work as a maid, by the way. But we won't add second phase in 0.4, I'm talking about big picture now.

Working as a maid in hotel mainly means cleaning rooms. While doing this, Kate will meet random strangers and regular guests. Not everyone in those events will be new characters, you'll see some familiar faces.

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
Until then BB protagonists get fucked from strangers and i’m sure about it DS will implement this in Glamour... for me, the game isn’t of further interest.

Reactions: djax
2.60 star(s) 183 Votes