tecmoxninja

Jul 15, 2017
On his Patreon site someone asked him about new content, new website and also the fact many supporter cut their pledge... DS replied „Don’t worry, we see how the cat jumps!“
Arrogance or what?
probably thinks that later when he has more sex content, people will return.

I believe that glamour will be similar as a basic structure to BB, which is great grinding.
To work around this feature on BB, some people have created mods to eliminate or minimize this annoying feature.
To play glamour unfortunately you have to connect to a server so you can no longer use mod and Exchange saves between users.
So I guess in the coming months people if they can not use the mods will give up the game.

kansasdude

Sep 13, 2017
0.3 progress report
Jun 3 at 5:21am
June 5th is very close, but we still have a lot to do. So many things to work on, so little time. It pains me to spend my time on writing posts instead of making the game, but we can't be completely silent, can't we.
So, here's our current progress report:

• Over 40 new dialogs. Some of them are story-related, some character defining. Some will help you find jobs in future versions of the game.
  • A series of events for the first day of college. Meeting students and teachers, introductions, some story setups... We've decided to put first college day on rails because it's basically intro for college. Later in the game, when we add more content to lessons, you'll have more freedom in college.
  • A series of events for the second day in college will setup new events for 0.4: Julia will start working on Kate's shyness. Also, in 0.4 we'll add new neighbor Maria, mother of Peter (pervert who spies on Kate and Julia in their backyard). Maybe we'll add Peter too. But let's get back to 0.3:
  • New series of events and dialogs related to fixing up the basement.
  • Kate can now watch TV in the living room.
  • The game autosaves when Kate goes to sleep till morning.
  • Main menu with ability to load saves.
  • Patreon authorization.
  • In a couple of days after 0.3 release we'll patch in more dialogs and events, related to watching erotica on TV and events in the bathroom. We won't be able to finish them for 0.3 release, but automatic update system gives us opportunity to add new content into the game without any problems. As usual, the game will update itself automatically, you don't have to manually download anything.
  • Characters' profiles menu. It's almost ready, but we're still working on it. We might need a couple of days to work out the kinks.

Some content will be available for everyone on the 5th. Some content will be available for $5+ Patrons, some for $40, then it will become available for $20 Patrons and so for...

Small update: now $10 patrons will get content of 16th of every month.

We've done a lot of work in last month. Unfortunately, big chunk of it is server-related and is invisible. Different mechanics, event handlers, optimization and many other things we can't show off with a pretty image.

We still have a lot of mechanics to do (inventory, stores, college lessons, crafting, date sim, fitness-club management, minigames, and many, many more), but we've decided we now have enough foundation to start adding content. From now on we'll work half of the month on adding new features to the game's engine, and other half of the month we'll work on new events and dialogs. This way we'll be able to show something besides promises of things to come.

Oh, and another news. Soon we'll add sound effects into the game. Background city noise outside, nature sounds in the park and so for. Sometimes the game will have sound effects: doorbell, running water in the shower. Obviously, all of this is optional in the sound settings. We'll add music in the future, too. We want to make the game more alive and immersive.

But that's in the future. For now, we're working on 0.3. Basic content for everyone on 5th, bonus content on 5th for $40+, on 12th for $20+, on 16th for $10+, on 19th for $5+ and two months later for everyone else.

trevmac789

Nov 5, 2017
I was getting fed up with BB before the Patreon crackdown anyway. The grind was brutal and obviously milking patrons. Also, I've grown to like animations and for me it's kind of a must now and a payoff when you unlock a scene. Plenty out there that I like better like Milfy City, My Cute Cousin/Roommate, Max's Life and Summertime Saga.

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
Did a translation of the post with one of his patreons which asked when is the site going to be launched that people are leaving him on patreon which he replied with ''Don't worry, we know what we're doing''
Hlextor bud that is a complete different translation to what you came out with, the reason he said they know what their doing because it is their jobs so they all know what their doing but it's are they making the right decisions is what matters
Ok, sry i‘ve read and understood this dialogue obviously wrong.

JohnPonn

Nov 15, 2017
80% don't really give a shit if the MC is male or female
Look up statisctics for Adult pateron games and look at % of popular games versus not so popular.
Surprice the MMC games have higher numbers then the FMC games. Hmmm Wonder why.. If 80% don't actually care??

In reallity way more then 80% of the player base is Male. Most hetro, but ofc it's split to some extent. The most popular category is harem style games. MMC and loads of girls. (Your 80% don't care, argument is pretty much shattered already) A few leans towards NTR and Cokhold but thats a minority. BB is a perfect exampel of a game that does/did well. It suits the highest number of players statistically speaking. Glamour.. Not so much. It's a grindy (Most likely) sandbox style game where you have to care about eyeliners, endless conversations and ofc the biggest problem of all.. Hitting on other males. A few lesbian encounters is not enuogh to saticfy the hetro community of male players.

Oh wait.. I forgot about the server side saves and always online. No cracked versions and a minmum of a 5$ pledge.
Hm hm.. He wanted to climb a hill and picked mount Everest? :p But hey.. Good Luck to him :)

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
In reallity way more then 80% of the player base is Male. Most hetro, but ofc it's split to some extent. The most popular category is harem style games. MMC and loads of girls. (Your 80% don't care, argument is pretty much shattered already) A few leans towards NTR and Cokhold but thats a minority. BB is a perfect exampel of a game that does/did well. It suits the highest number of players statistically speaking. Glamour.. Not so much. It's a grindy (Most likely) sandbox style game where you have to care about eyeliners, endless conversations and ofc the biggest problem of all.. Hitting on other males. A few lesbian encounters is not enuogh to saticfy the hetro community of male players.
Man, you're taking for granted data from a market that has like a couple of games. It's too small to judge much out of this. Look at japanese one with thousands of games and FMC is in at least 50% of them. Female protag is seriously not that much of an issue for most people. Even here we have quite a few of them and number is growing. I'd say most of the titles in russian have FMC as well. Male MC is probably more popular, but it's not that big of a deal.

JohnPonn

Nov 15, 2017
Man, you're taking for granted data from a market that has like a couple of games. It's too small to judge much out of this. Look at japanese one with thousands of games and FMC is in at least 50% of them. Female protag is seriously not that much of an issue for most people. Even here we have quite a few of them and number is growing. I'd say most of the titles in russian have FMC as well. Male MC is probably more popular, but it's not that big of a deal.
Asian style FMC is vastly diffrent from harem western style games. (I have played several myself) You are basically just the player controlling the sexy FMC and are rewarded by seeing her undress and get into (mostly lesbian) adventures. Tere is no need to see yourself as the MC at all in most of thoes games. The point is to see her.. not to be her.

But what if we raise our eyes from any specific game and look only on the threads on F95Zone. The MMC game threads are Huge compared to FMC. A dev here on F95 might be able to pull some numbers but my eyes alone give me a clear view of the current state. If FMC popularity is growing in numbers, or is no issue for people i guess we will see that change in the future. Glamor can be the flagship we follow.. If it tanks (As i am personally, still regretfully, convinced it will) others will see this as a clear sign that good old fasion harem and incest, still is the mother load to mine. I seem to have left my Crystal Ball in another coat, so for now we can just agree that only the future will tell :)

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Asian style FMC is vastly diffrent from harem western style games. (I have played several myself) You are basically just the player controlling the sexy FMC and are rewarded by seeing her undress and get into (mostly lesbian) adventures. Tere is no need to see yourself as the MC at all in most of thoes games. The point is to see her.. not to be her.

But what if we raise our eyes from any specific game and look only on the threads on F95Zone. The MMC game threads are Huge compared to FMC. A dev here on F95 might be able to pull some numbers but my eyes alone give me a clear view of the current state. If FMC popularity is growing in numbers, or is no issue for people i guess we will see that change in the future. Glamor can be the flagship we follow.. If it tanks (As i am personally, still regretfully, convinced it will) others will see this as a clear sign that good old fasion harem and incest, still is the mother load to mine. I seem to have left my Crystal Ball in another coat, so for now we can just agree that only the future will tell :)
Not so different. They're mostly RPGM games with less linearity when it comes to behaviours. Not so different maybe except for anime-like style which most people can't draw properly on a western market. As for a lesbian content I doubt it's more than 10% of these games. Seriously, I've played probably hundreds of them and lesbian content is rarely something more than addition. Lesbian is always cool but it's quite boring as a standalone theme and most games with FMC don't aim for it.
Glamour is not a flagship even tho it can be. It might fail or not ( I hope it won't) but there are plenty of other quality games with FMC here and it seems that number is growing due to the incest ban and sandbox popularity. GGGB is the greatest example of VN with female protag (and how to handle routes and consequences), amongst RPGM games most games have female protag and some are doing really well. If such games are popular on a biggest market on a planet they will be logically popular on ours as well. Time will tell but to judge Glamour properly we'll need at least 1-2 years. I'm patient enough to wait for that

Aug 9, 2017
Not so different. They're mostly RPGM games with less linearity when it comes to behaviours. Not so different maybe except for anime-like style which most people can't draw properly on a western market. As for a lesbian content I doubt it's more than 10% of these games. Seriously, I've played probably hundreds of them and lesbian content is rarely something more than addition. Lesbian is always cool but it's quite boring as a standalone theme and most games with FMC don't aim for it.
Glamour is not a flagship even tho it can be. It might fail or not ( I hope it won't) but there are plenty of other quality games with FMC here and it seems that number is growing due to the incest ban and sandbox popularity. GGGB is the greatest example of VN with female protag (and how to handle routes and consequences), amongst RPGM games most games have female protag and some are doing really well. If such games are popular on a biggest market on a planet they will be logically popular on ours as well. Time will tell but to judge Glamour properly we'll need at least 1-2 years. I'm patient enough to wait for that
I don't know if you'll have a year or 2 years to rate it simply down to the fact of the amount of the patreons he loses at the end of the month

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I don't know if you'll have a year or 2 years to rate it simply down to the fact of the amount of the patreons he loses at the end of the month
Maybe. Who knows. Drop is not so terrible at this point and he still has much more patrons than most devs. With enough content it should balance itself and start growing. If this time will come soon enough to keep him at it we can only see. For me he needs at least 4-5 versions to start growing with such a game. It's very unfortunate Patreon made him do that cuz he migh rush things and make unreasonable decisions (like with similiar models). Who knows. I have hopes for this game but ironically BB might kill it. Thankfully Bright Past looks even better and dev isn't burdened with such fanbase. I still wish DS best.

L34ND43

Dec 17, 2017
In a couple of days after 0.3 release we'll patch in more dialogs and events
I will never understand why he fixes a specific date. For a game like Glamour, it could be release with 1 week late to be sure that this version is "perfect".

google translate <3

Aug 9, 2017
Maybe. Who knows. Drop is not so terrible at this point and he still has much more patrons than most devs. With enough content it should balance itself and start growing. If this time will come soon enough to keep him at it we can only see. For me he needs at least 4-5 versions to start growing with such a game. It's very unfortunate Patreon made him do that cuz he migh rush things and make unreasonable decisions (like with similiar models). Who knows. I have hopes for this game but ironically BB might kill it. Thankfully Bright Past looks even better and dev isn't burdened with such fanbase. I still wish DS best.
Look I'm not going to get into it again but DS wasn't forced to stop anything other devs worked out another way of getting their game out and DS didn't simple as this has been discussed so many times in the threads, he started to lose interest in making BB and stated Glamour was in the works and the review was the perfect opportunity to jump ship and blame the review. But yeah his decisions are going to either make or break the game.
Regarding the patreon drop it looks to me he loses 200 but then regains around 50 or more correct me if I'm wrong so it's still a big enough loss.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Look I'm not going to get into it again but DS wasn't forced to stop anything other devs worked out another way of getting their game out and DS didn't simple as this has been discussed so many times in the threads, he started to lose interest in making BB and stated Glamour was in the works and the review was the perfect opportunity to jump ship and blame the review. But yeah his decisions are going to either make or break the game.
Regarding the patreon drop it looks to me he loses 200 but then regains around 50 or more correct me if I'm wrong so it's still a big enough loss.
I won't argue with that. He took the risk and will have to face consequences. I respect him for that even tho I would do it in a different way. To be fair there is no perfect solution for a longtime development as sooner or later things will have to change on Patreon once more and it's easy to judge a guy who's making thousands of $ monthly. MrDots that use Melody to gather funds for DMD is a fine example as numbers show that his patrons dropped as well when he didn't deliver Melody but DMD instead. It's not something huge and he will make up for it but it's just an example how troublesome it is to develop something against Patreon. Especially if dev himself doesn't like his own game.
Yeah, 150 is a number but it's slowing down and at some point it's even growing. Every each version makes drop slower so it's not something certain. It's still a big number ofc.

Aug 9, 2017
I won't argue with that. He took the risk and will have to face consequences. I respect him for that even tho I would do it in a different way. To be fair there is no perfect solution for a longtime development as sooner or later things will have to change on Patreon once more and it's easy to judge a guy who's making thousands of $ monthly. MrDots that use Melody to gather funds for DMD is a fine example as numbers show that his patrons dropped as well when he didn't deliver Melody but DMD instead. It's not something huge and he will make up for it but it's just an example how troublesome it is to develop something against Patreon. Especially if dev himself doesn't like his own game.
Yeah, 150 is a number but it's slowing down and at some point it's even growing. Every each version makes drop slower so it's not something certain. It's still a big number ofc.
I think DS is to stubborn and almost have to prove people wrong with everything he decides but I do think some of the choices already made are going to finish him if he doesn't wake up a bit. I do feel though he's almost holding patreons that are sticking around BB hostage because he won't say it's over but he won't say he's coming back those patreons then are hoping for it to come back

Firecracker001

Donor
Jan 2, 2018
Darksilver enjoys working and getting less next month. the new game is crap. It was not necessary to drop BB. See other developers. they changed something and continue. Darksilver will lose even more. must be a nice feeling. There is BB and the nice money. and he works on glamor and gets less. He is dumber than the police allowed. if he was a good developer, he would not be on patreon. as simple as that. :cool:

JohnPonn

Nov 15, 2017
I think DS is to stubborn and almost have to prove people wrong with everything he decides but I do think some of the choices already made are going to finish him if he doesn't wake up a bit. I do feel though he's almost holding patreons that are sticking around BB hostage because he won't say it's over but he won't say he's coming back those patreons then are hoping for it to come back
He's scared of what would happen if he said BB is over and done with. Hoestly no one should pay 40$ for glamour at this stage and few have been very possitiv for the games direction. He still makes his Bread & Butter from BB.. Even tho it's only a ghost.

Aug 9, 2017
He's scared of what would happen if he said BB is over and done with. Hoestly no one should pay 40$ for glamour at this stage and few have been very possitiv for the games direction. He still makes his Bread & Butter from BB.. Even tho it's only a ghost.
He knows probably whats left of his support would be dashed in half if he was to announce that so hold on to them so that the money is still high enough at the minute until you get the other games with FMC protag fans from the likes of Good Girl Gone Bad and the rest of them to join up for Glamour then maybe just maybe he would then announce BB is over.

But essentially they are just being held hostage nearly at this point and that's another reason why people are starting to lose respect from fans

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Look up statisctics for Adult pateron games and look at % of popular games versus not so popular.
Surprice the MMC games have higher numbers then the FMC games. Hmmm Wonder why.. If 80% don't actually care??

Oh wait.. I forgot about the server side saves and always online. No cracked versions and a minmum of a 5$ pledge.
Hm hm.. He wanted to climb a hill and picked mount Everest? :p But hey.. Good Luck to him :)
Nope, your assumptions are wrong. The good and famous MMC games in patreon have more patrons because... they are better games. Good FMC games would have lots of patrons too. Shitty games have few patrons regardless of the gender of the MC.
The notion that only gays and women would play FMC games is weird to say the least. We don't play these games to "get in the shoes" of the often stupid \ often asshole \ occasionaly both MC. Those MMCs are nothing like the majority of people that play them. It's like saying "porn with female protagonists would do bad" which is a hilariously erroneous statement.
As others pointed out Japanese VNs have women MCs too. As you yourself agreed you have played those games to see the girl's boobs. That's the reason most of us play those games and the reason most of us don't really mind an FMC.

BB had SEX and Boobs, while Glamour has little "hot" content hidden behind a bad platform. I didn't play BB because I feel any kind of kinship with a stupid kid that wants to fuck all his family and puts webcams all over so that pervs would leer on the girls. Do you?
Same with Female MCs. I don't feel kinship with these women as they get fucked by their teachers, friends, employers etc. Same with porn with women.

My argument that 80% don't really care whether the MC is male or female stands. Glamour bleeds DS patrons because of shitty choices like server-side saves, no cheats to cut through the grindfest and logged in to play. Not because of the FMC.
If \ when Glamour becomes steamier and if he drops cheats in to reduce mega-grinding, it would start picking up patrons.

I don't understand that. Why pledge 40$ per month for Big Brother?
One could pledge -1- month at 20$, get the latest version of Big Brother (and glamour) and cancel the pledge for a few months. As simple as that.
As such, I have to assume that his patrons that stay, stay because they have hopes for glamour and want to support him.

I realize Glamour is not your thing. But that doesn't mean nobody likes it.
With all the stupid decisions and the no mods, and little content and Glamour still has 1600-1700 patrons bleeding less than 100 per month.
DS has lost less than half his Patrons after putting BB on hold so many months ago.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Another day and another page full of doom and gloom. :closedeyesmile::closedeyesmile::closedeyesmile:

Reactions: cypr
2.60 star(s) 183 Votes