Mod QSP Abandoned Girl Life: Quality Of Life Mod [1-10][toolkitxx]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
In your next weather update can you add the °F switch to cheat menu. I live where it's used more then °C. Since the change to your weather system is different then original and my lack of knowledge in coding I couldn't add it myself. thx
Providing a general fahrenheit - celsius switch is actually on the list of things to do but i havnt even touched that yet due to still ripping code apart. Temperature is actually a string and would need a conversion to number first. The entire weather system is due for review as it basically hardcodes weather according to month which is the reason it doesnt update when using the cheat menu. But i will see if i can create a temporary 'hack' just for the status window in the meantime.

P.S. If and when fahrenheit becomes a 'thing' it will be inaccurate as the formula to convert requires fractions of a number which qsp doesnt allow easily. So there will be slight deviation

P.P.S.: As a small help for people like you: 16 degree celsius is roughly 61 degree fahrenheit (just switch the numbers).

Last edited:
Reactions: jason95821

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
In your next weather update can you add the °F switch to cheat menu. I live where it's used more then °C. Since the change to your weather system is different then original and my lack of knowledge in coding I couldn't add it myself. thx
Will this do as a first step?
celsius+fahrenheit.PNG

jayp420

Mar 6, 2017
Providing a general fahrenheit - celsius switch is actually on the list of things to do but i havnt even touched that yet due to still ripping code apart. Temperature is actually a string and would need a conversion to number first. The entire weather system is due for review as it basically hardcodes weather according to month which is the reason it doesnt update when using the cheat menu. But i will see if i can create a temporary 'hack' just for the status window in the meantime.

P.S. If and when fahrenheit becomes a 'thing' it will be inaccurate as the formula to convert requires fractions of a number which qsp doesnt allow easily. So there will be slight deviation

P.P.S.: As a small help for people like you: 16 degree celsius is roughly 61 degree fahrenheit (just switch the numbers).
The conversion is °C x 1.8+32=°F the latest version of girl life has it, but I guess your using different weather system then the latest version is why it didn't work in game but did in cheat menu.

Last edited:

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
The conversion is °C x 1.8+32=°F the latest version of girl life has it, but I guess your using different weather system then the latest version is why it didn't work in game but did in cheat menu.
All checks in the actual code check against a base temperature which is celsius. That wouldnt really change. It will only display differently to get a better 'feeling'. As of latest girl life - the code already deviates a lot from original 0.601 not to speak of any recent updates so a comparison will most always fail. But the feature in general is part of the overall work - no worries.

Reactions: jayp420

jayp420

Mar 6, 2017
All checks in the actual code check against a base temperature which is celsius. That wouldnt really change. It will only display differently to get a better 'feeling'. As of latest girl life - the code already deviates a lot from original 0.601 not to speak of any recent updates so a comparison will most always fail. But the feature in general is part of the overall work - no worries.
Yeah it seem that is all they did too as well was still use °C in coding but have it be displayed in °F on status window. But until you get done with your code for weather the simple hack you showed earlier would work too.

Reactions: toolkitxx

Dibutello

May 29, 2017
Not sure what is happening now (after a month or so of game time) with the wallet in the station ($CURLOC: vokzalGin). Nice that you can finally keep the money or split it with the other girl. At the beginning I was getting 400R maximum, now I am getting up to 9000R. I think a timer or something should be put there. I go to the toilet (0:01), come back (0:01), and another wallet!!! Why bother whoring yourself around, when there is a wallet picking seasson XD

Edit: It seems that the profit and the penalty is a fraction of your cash, maybe?

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
Not sure what is happening now (after a month or so of game time) with the wallet in the station ($CURLOC: vokzalGin). Nice that you can finally keep the money or split it with the other girl. At the beginning I was getting 400R maximum, now I am getting up to 9000R. I think a timer or something should be put there. I go to the toilet (0:01), come back (0:01), and another wallet!!! Why bother whoring yourself around, when there is a wallet picking seasson XD

Edit: It seems that the profit and the penalty is a fraction of your cash, maybe?
I think its 25% of your money in the wallet.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017

Excellent feedback - i changed it indeed to be max 25% of your own cash that would be in the wallet when you decide to keep it for yourself. But testing actual realism requires people like you to deliver feedback and this is pure gold. Thank you for that! Will evolve the checks to be limited to just maybe just once per day?

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Got it to display °F on cheat menu and phone but just can't get it on status screen.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
My way is a bit shorter:
Text in the status window can be found in location 'stat_display'

so the whole block of code to have fahrenheit display as i did in the small sample graphic:
Code:
basetemperature = temper
fahrenheittemperature = basetemperature * 2 + 32
$stat_msg += 'This temperature compares to <<fahrenheittemperature>> °F <br>'

Last edited:
Reactions: jayp420

jayp420

Mar 6, 2017
My way is a bit shorter:

so the whole block of code to have fahrenheit display as i did in the small sample graphic:
Code:
basetemperature = temper
Thank you for the code. I just used code from other Girl Life ver. but yours works better no need add to cheat menu.

jayp420

Mar 6, 2017
My way is a bit shorter:

Code:
basetemperature = temper
This way works as well I just took your code and the other code I used an made it even shorter.
using the *2 threw off the calculations so I left the 5/9+32, I know you said qsp doesn't handle fractions very well but it seems to be alright in that case.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
This way works as well I just took your code and the other code I used an made it even shorter.
using the *2 threw off the calculations so I left the 5/9+32, I know you said qsp doesn't handle fractions very well but it seems to be alright in that case.
It is indeed shorter in terms of shortness but it completely ignores one of the very important standards we are trying to bring back into the code. 'Seperation of data and code' most call it. Your calculation is inside output and essentially creates a new data value that can not be referenced anymore nor can it be easily found for bug fixing.

Dibutello

May 29, 2017
I mentioned it before in passing, but now I have checked it again in the latest version.
Having your slave prepare a snack for you doesn't seem to work. Location: $CURLOC: lesbisubhouse. Whip her, position her for sex, prepare a snack. Nothing happens and you go back to the previous menu. I remember that I managed to get her to prepare me food once, but I believe the text was different.

Last edited:

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
I mentioned it before in passing, but now I have checked it again in the latest version.
Having your slave prepare a snack for you doesn´t seem to work. Location: $CURLOC: lesbisubhouse. Whip her, position her for sex, prepare a snack. Nothing happens and you go back to the previous menu. I remember that I managed to get her prepare me food once, but I believe the text was different.
Could i ask you to make a screenshot of the part where you get text?

There are 2 routes for that event:
- one is where she returns with food and plays at your feet with toys - that requires a value to be above a certain level
- the second one would be for all other case and would lead to this text :'Just when you''re starting to run out of patience, your slave finally returns with your meal and you happily eat what she made for you.'
After that there should be an action 'Finish eating'.
I would require the value of this variable please before you start chosing actions: mistbondage
Open cheat menu , use 'direct input command', type mistbondage -> value displays in main window

Last edited:

Dibutello

May 29, 2017
There you go. I take the value is 2

EDIT: Now that I read the text in the second option I think that's how it went when I got the food in a different test run.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
There you go. I take the value is 2

EDIT: Now that I read the text in the second option I think that's how it went when I got the food in a different test run.
Is on the bug list and working on it - seems the error is actually somewhere else

P.S. Bug found and needs some serious work. You got the food text earlier due to an accident when your mistbondage was higher thus 'jumping ' over the actual action directly to the food text. As the code is right now the food action will send you to the beginning of the chain and resets your mistbondage. Nice find!

Last edited:

jayp420

Mar 6, 2017
My way is a bit shorter:

Code:
basetemperature = temper
Ok think I found proper way to write code to keep it in integers only and be accurate as possible.
Also the code I used on post [HASHTAG]#108[/HASHTAG] does work on status screen but, must start next day to see changes

Last edited:

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Attention!!
Please use our new bug report form that integrates directly with our github project without you having to log into github yourself.
Its completely anonymous if you don't provide an e-mail or you can provide one and don't set it for public view. That way you will receive an update status when the issue gets changed or fixed. The game will provide a new button for this as well in the next update.

Attention!!
button bugreport.PNG msg bug report.PNG web bugreport.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: Quacker and Eoin
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes