HTML Gateway [Dev Thread]

shazamify

Oct 11, 2023
Are you asking or telling me?
I guess a combination of both.

Before posting I checked an end-game save I have on the most recent public version, and see her listed. If you aren't seeing her, would be interested in a save file to see if there's a bug somehow.

Note that like any other character she won't show up on that page until she's been introduced formally. Don't know the exact trigger for it; I think it's once you name the character but Feebs might correct me.

Reactions: Feebs

Feebs

Pervert
Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
A progress update.

I had a lot less personal time to develop the game during December than I have anticipated. Which is something I'll need to bear in mind for 2024 when it comes to estimating time for developing. That, and the fact the main event is effectively its own little mini-sandbox meant this development cycle is longer than I would have liked. As it's the first major update, it may also just be that I've overestimated how quickly I can get this content out. I'll try to be a little more conservative when moving on to 0.3.

That aside, the main time-limited event now has most content done and pushed for testing. We're gonna work this week on balance and the like, then add a little content that occurs after the time-limited event.

The game is now officially over twice the size it was previously, and there are over 150 lewds.

There's not much new in the way of QoL changes, but we did add a filter to the credits page so you can more easily find actresses based on their affiliation. I intend to add the same feature to the backgrounds app on computer/phone too.

DarkMarshall

Dec 14, 2018
I don't know if this was somewhere in the topic. But is it possible to support this creation with a coin? Because I really like the game. As far as I understand, there is no Patreon page or SubStar.

Dropdude

Donor
Aug 5, 2016
I don't know if this was somewhere in the topic. But is it possible to support this creation with a coin? Because I really like the game. As far as I understand, there is no Patreon page or SubStar.
He wants to wait until the game is a bit for fleshed out before setting any kind of donation system

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
For this I respect Feebs.

But I agree that a small donation system in the form of an alt thank you would be nice. There are simply people who are ready to express their gratitude in a material form.

Robwood

Aug 3, 2021
I have the following error message when trying to do buffer research. I turned the complete tasks immediately cheat back on, but I don't know if it's the cause.

Error: <<run>>: bad evaluation: sv.constructionproject is undefined.

Stack Trace:
value@file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/Gateway/Gateway.html:51968:146765
handler/<@file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/Gateway/Gateway.html:51968:218866
value/<@file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/Gateway/Gateway.html:51968:198706
oneClickFnWrapper/<@file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/Gateway/Gateway.html:51968:45856
onClickFnWrapper/<@file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/Gateway/Gateway.html:51968:45634
dispatch@file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/Gateway/Gateway.html:57:43064
add/v.handle@file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/Gateway/Gateway.html:57:41048

Feebs

Pervert
Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
0.2.0 will be released in the next few days. We're just doing the final run throughs.

We've been using Discord to collaborate, so we decided to make some public channels and open that up. The link will be in game, but if you want to get on now, you can.

I have the following error message when trying to do buffer research. I turned the complete tasks immediately cheat back on, but I don't know if it's the cause.

Error: <<run>>: bad evaluation: sv.constructionproject is undefined.

Stack Trace:
value@file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/Gateway/Gateway.html:51968:146765
handler/<@file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/Gateway/Gateway.html:51968:218866
value/<@file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/Gateway/Gateway.html:51968:198706
oneClickFnWrapper/<@file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/Gateway/Gateway.html:51968:45856
onClickFnWrapper/<@file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/Gateway/Gateway.html:51968:45634
dispatch@file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/Gateway/Gateway.html:57:43064
add/v.handle@file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/Gateway/Gateway.html:57:41048
This has been fixed in 0.2.0... which will be with you soon!

Last edited:

Robwood

Aug 3, 2021
Hey, Feebs! Thanks for getting back with me; I've been sick, else I would've replied sooner. As much as I hate to say it, I came across another error, After speaking to Charlotte about going pro, there was an error with the tracker. I didn't think to do a save file, but I have a picture and the text. The error continued to the next day and then cleared itself up.

Tracker error.png

Error: <<tracker>>: error within widget code (Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<elseif>> clause (#18): State.variables.breakdone.studio is undefined)

<<tracker "theodora" 1>> <<if $theodora.events.buffer == undefined>> <<step "What was the buffer like?" "Talk to her about the buffer">> <<elseif $theodora.events.phone == undefined>> <<step "Give her a phone." "Speak to her about a phone">> <<elseif $theodora.events.photo == undefined>> <<step "Morning coffee." "Visit the kitchen while she's persent and discuss her outfit.">> <<elseif $buildings.studio == undefined>> <<step "Get a photo studio" `"Discuss photography with "+$vanna.name+" or "+$aubree.name+" then assign someone to work the spa project in the monitoring station. After assign someone to build it in the construction facility."`>> <<elseif $theodora.events.theored01 == undefined>> <<step "First shoot." "Go to the photo studio in town (exit the hotel), select photo shoot and chose her.">> <<elseif $theodora.events.shoot == undefined>> <<step "Shoot talk" "Ask her how she feels the shoot went">> <<elseif $theodora.events.gymshoot == undefined>> <<step "Gym Hangout" "Meet her in the gym">> <<elseif $theodora.corruptmax < 40>> <<switch $theodora.events.relationship>> <<case "platonic">> <<step "End of current content for this route." "Collect your thoughts at night should you decide to change your relationship.">> <<case "taboo">> <<if $theodora.corruption < 20>> <<step "She's not corrupt enough" "20 needed. How to increase?<ul> <li>Do photo shoots.</li> <li>Flirt after accumulating 10 corruption.</li> <li>Explore discussion topics.</li> <li>Occasionally when relaxing at the spa together.</li> </ul> ">> <<else>> <<step "Bikini Shoot" "Go to the photo studio in town (exit the hotel), select photo shoot and chose her blue bikini shoot.">> <</if>> <</switch>> <<elseif $theodora.events.goingpro == undefined>> <<step "Pro Shooter" "Talk to her about going pro">> <<elseif !$girlsmet.includes('harley')>> <<step "Progress the story." "This will solve automatically if you continue to follow the story tasks.">> <<elseif $harley.events.promolearned == undefined>> <<step "Progress with $harley.name." "This will solve automatically if you continue to follow her substory.">> <<elseif $theodora.events.harley == undefined>> <<step "Going Pro" `"Tell her about your discussion with "+$harley.name`>> <<elseif $theodora.corruption < 40>> <<step "She's not corrupt enough" "40 needed. How to increase?<ul> <li>Do photo shoots.</li> <li>Flirt after accumulating 10 corruption.</li> <li>Explore discussion topics.</li> <li>Occasionally when relaxing at the spa together.</li> </ul>">> <<elseif $theodora.events.night == undefined>> <<step "Midnight Muse" "Sneak around and visit her at night.">> <<elseif $harley.events.piggy == undefined || $harley.events.piggy < 2>> <<step "Progress with $harley.name" `"Follow "+$harley.name+"'s story to progress further with "+$theodora.name`>> <<elseif $harley.events.theodora == undefined>> <<step "Model Promotion" `"Talk to "+$harley.name+" about "+$theodora.name+" during her weekly visit."`>> <<elseif $theodora.corruption < 60>> <<step "She's not corrupt enough" "60 needed. How to increase?<ul> <li>Do photo shoots.</li> <li>Flirt after accumulating 10 corruption.</li> <li>Explore discussion topics.</li> <li>Occasionally when relaxing at the spa together.</li> </ul>">> <<elseif $theodora.events.theolounge01 == undefined>> <<step "New Shoot" "Go to the photo studio in town (exit the hotel), select photo shoot and chose her blue dress shoot.">> <<elseif !$breakdone.studio.includes('print')>> <<step "Build Print Studio" "Assign someone to work the print studio project in the construction facility.">> <<elseif $theodora.events.photoshare == undefined>> <<step "Photo Check" "Go to the photo studio and invite her there to show the pics.">> <<elseif $possess == undefined>> <<step "Progress the story" "This will solve automatically if you continue to follow the story tasks.">> <<elseif $possess == 1>> <<step "Oink Oink" "Keep using your piggyback ability on different worlds until you've improved your ability.">> <<elseif $harley.events.theopromo == undefined>> <<step "Off World Meeting" `"Go on an expedition to see "+$harley.name+" using your influence ability on "+$theodora.name+"."`>> <<elseif $theodora.events.catchfap == undefined>> <<step "$vanna.name's Help" `"Ask "+$vanna.name+" to get "+$theodora.name+" into your room at night."`>> <<elseif $theodora.corruption < 80>> <<step "She's not corrupt enough" "80 needed. How to increase?<ul> <li>Do photo shoots.</li> <li>Flirt after accumulating 10 corruption.</li> <li>Explore discussion topics.</li> <li>Occasionally when relaxing at the spa together.</li> </ul>">> <<elseif $theodora.events.catchfap == 1>> <<set _c = $theodora.them.toUpperFirst()>> <<step "_c Fap" `"At night, masturbate to " + $theodora.name+"."`>> <<elseif $theodora.events.theodoraproblemtxt == undefined>> <<step "Check Messages" `"Read your text messages."`>> <<elseif $theodora.events.theodoraproblemtxt == 1>> <<step "Kitchen Chat" `"Speak to her in the kitchen."`>> <<elseif $vanna.events.theodora == undefined>> <<step "$vanna.name's Help" `"Ask "+$vanna.name+" for help."`>> <<elseif $theodora.lust < 80>> <<step "She doesn't desire you enough." "80 needed. Some ways to increase lust.<br>Discuss available topics.<br>Flirt with her.<br>Bake for her.<br>Do photoshoots together.<br>Use the spa together.">> <<elseif $theodora.corruption < 100>> <<step "She's not corrupt enough" "100 needed. How to increase?<ul> <li>Do photo shoots.</li> <li>Flirt after accumulating 10 corruption.</li> <li>Explore discussion topics.</li> <li>Occasionally when relaxing at the spa together.</li> </ul>">> <<elseif $theodora.events.theodoraproblemtxt == 2>> <<step "Wait on $vanna.name" `"She'll text you soon."`>> <<elseif $vanna.events.theodoratxt == undefined>> <<step "Check Messages" `"Read your text messages."`>> <<elseif $vanna.events.theodoratxt == 1>> <<step "Room Service" `"Go to your room after 21:00 when she's not working."`>> <<else>> <<step "End of current content." "No lewds in current content.">> <</if>> <</tracker>>

Feebs

Pervert
Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
Hey, Feebs! Thanks for getting back with me; I've been sick, else I would've replied sooner. As much as I hate to say it, I came across another error, After speaking to Charlotte about going pro, there was an error with the tracker. I didn't think to do a save file, but I have a picture and the text. The error continued to the next day and then cleared itself up.

View attachment 3283746

Error: <<tracker>>: error within widget code (Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<elseif>> clause (#18): State.variables.breakdone.studio is undefined)

<<tracker "theodora" 1>> <<if $theodora.events.buffer == undefined>> <<step "What was the buffer like?" "Talk to her about the buffer">> <<elseif $theodora.events.phone == undefined>> <<step "Give her a phone." "Speak to her about a phone">> <<elseif $theodora.events.photo == undefined>> <<step "Morning coffee." "Visit the kitchen while she's persent and discuss her outfit.">> <<elseif $buildings.studio == undefined>> <<step "Get a photo studio" `"Discuss photography with "+$vanna.name+" or "+$aubree.name+" then assign someone to work the spa project in the monitoring station. After assign someone to build it in the construction facility."`>> <<elseif $theodora.events.theored01 == undefined>> <<step "First shoot." "Go to the photo studio in town (exit the hotel), select photo shoot and chose her.">> <<elseif $theodora.events.shoot == undefined>> <<step "Shoot talk" "Ask her how she feels the shoot went">> <<elseif $theodora.events.gymshoot == undefined>> <<step "Gym Hangout" "Meet her in the gym">> <<elseif $theodora.corruptmax < 40>> <<switch $theodora.events.relationship>> <<case "platonic">> <<step "End of current content for this route." "Collect your thoughts at night should you decide to change your relationship.">> <<case "taboo">> <<if $theodora.corruption < 20>> <<step "She's not corrupt enough" "20 needed. How to increase?<ul> <li>Do photo shoots.</li> <li>Flirt after accumulating 10 corruption.</li> <li>Explore discussion topics.</li> <li>Occasionally when relaxing at the spa together.</li> </ul> ">> <<else>> <<step "Bikini Shoot" "Go to the photo studio in town (exit the hotel), select photo shoot and chose her blue bikini shoot.">> <</if>> <</switch>> <<elseif $theodora.events.goingpro == undefined>> <<step "Pro Shooter" "Talk to her about going pro">> <<elseif !$girlsmet.includes('harley')>> <<step "Progress the story." "This will solve automatically if you continue to follow the story tasks.">> <<elseif $harley.events.promolearned == undefined>> <<step "Progress with $harley.name." "This will solve automatically if you continue to follow her substory.">> <<elseif $theodora.events.harley == undefined>> <<step "Going Pro" `"Tell her about your discussion with "+$harley.name`>> <<elseif $theodora.corruption < 40>> <<step "She's not corrupt enough" "40 needed. How to increase?<ul> <li>Do photo shoots.</li> <li>Flirt after accumulating 10 corruption.</li> <li>Explore discussion topics.</li> <li>Occasionally when relaxing at the spa together.</li> </ul>">> <<elseif $theodora.events.night == undefined>> <<step "Midnight Muse" "Sneak around and visit her at night.">> <<elseif $harley.events.piggy == undefined || $harley.events.piggy < 2>> <<step "Progress with $harley.name" `"Follow "+$harley.name+"'s story to progress further with "+$theodora.name`>> <<elseif $harley.events.theodora == undefined>> <<step "Model Promotion" `"Talk to "+$harley.name+" about "+$theodora.name+" during her weekly visit."`>> <<elseif $theodora.corruption < 60>> <<step "She's not corrupt enough" "60 needed. How to increase?<ul> <li>Do photo shoots.</li> <li>Flirt after accumulating 10 corruption.</li> <li>Explore discussion topics.</li> <li>Occasionally when relaxing at the spa together.</li> </ul>">> <<elseif $theodora.events.theolounge01 == undefined>> <<step "New Shoot" "Go to the photo studio in town (exit the hotel), select photo shoot and chose her blue dress shoot.">> <<elseif !$breakdone.studio.includes('print')>> <<step "Build Print Studio" "Assign someone to work the print studio project in the construction facility.">> <<elseif $theodora.events.photoshare == undefined>> <<step "Photo Check" "Go to the photo studio and invite her there to show the pics.">> <<elseif $possess == undefined>> <<step "Progress the story" "This will solve automatically if you continue to follow the story tasks.">> <<elseif $possess == 1>> <<step "Oink Oink" "Keep using your piggyback ability on different worlds until you've improved your ability.">> <<elseif $harley.events.theopromo == undefined>> <<step "Off World Meeting" `"Go on an expedition to see "+$harley.name+" using your influence ability on "+$theodora.name+"."`>> <<elseif $theodora.events.catchfap == undefined>> <<step "$vanna.name's Help" `"Ask "+$vanna.name+" to get "+$theodora.name+" into your room at night."`>> <<elseif $theodora.corruption < 80>> <<step "She's not corrupt enough" "80 needed. How to increase?<ul> <li>Do photo shoots.</li> <li>Flirt after accumulating 10 corruption.</li> <li>Explore discussion topics.</li> <li>Occasionally when relaxing at the spa together.</li> </ul>">> <<elseif $theodora.events.catchfap == 1>> <<set _c = $theodora.them.toUpperFirst()>> <<step "_c Fap" `"At night, masturbate to " + $theodora.name+"."`>> <<elseif $theodora.events.theodoraproblemtxt == undefined>> <<step "Check Messages" `"Read your text messages."`>> <<elseif $theodora.events.theodoraproblemtxt == 1>> <<step "Kitchen Chat" `"Speak to her in the kitchen."`>> <<elseif $vanna.events.theodora == undefined>> <<step "$vanna.name's Help" `"Ask "+$vanna.name+" for help."`>> <<elseif $theodora.lust < 80>> <<step "She doesn't desire you enough." "80 needed. Some ways to increase lust.<br>Discuss available topics.<br>Flirt with her.<br>Bake for her.<br>Do photoshoots together.<br>Use the spa together.">> <<elseif $theodora.corruption < 100>> <<step "She's not corrupt enough" "100 needed. How to increase?<ul> <li>Do photo shoots.</li> <li>Flirt after accumulating 10 corruption.</li> <li>Explore discussion topics.</li> <li>Occasionally when relaxing at the spa together.</li> </ul>">> <<elseif $theodora.events.theodoraproblemtxt == 2>> <<step "Wait on $vanna.name" `"She'll text you soon."`>> <<elseif $vanna.events.theodoratxt == undefined>> <<step "Check Messages" `"Read your text messages."`>> <<elseif $vanna.events.theodoratxt == 1>> <<step "Room Service" `"Go to your room after 21:00 when she's not working."`>> <<else>> <<step "End of current content." "No lewds in current content.">> <</if>> <</tracker>>
I will look into for 0.2.2. But it will go away if you build the print studio upgrade. On the face of it, I'm guessing cheats have meant the breakdone variable hasn't been set, so I'll add an extra check for that.

On a sidenote, it looks like you're still on 0.1.5. I've released 0.2.0 and 0.2.1 this weekend.
https://f95zone.to/threads/gateway-v0-2-1-feebs.177625/post-11925986

Uggman

Mar 24, 2020
You may have fixed this one in your patch, not sure since I play online version but Jessica is bugged. I brought her back but she is not in my work rota. Her name is now in tracker but when selected I get Error: the passage vatracker does not exist. Shes also not present at any location in hotel, main areas.

Uggman

Mar 24, 2020
Also, not quite sure if it was a glitch or not but prior to leaving for New Eden Meriya was appearing in the spa if I wanted to give her a massage.

Uggman

Mar 24, 2020
Nicole is who I thought should be in the work rota. Jessica just appeared in my tracker when I got back

Feebs

Pervert
Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
Nicole is who I thought should be in the work rota. Jessica just appeared in my tracker when I got back
Aye, no content for Nicole exists yet. The story stops right as you get back from New Eden, so she doesn't get put into the workforce just yet.

Jessica being on the tracker right now, though, is a definite bug!

Billshwr

Feb 17, 2021
Hi Feebs great update, was definitely lots to do! On my main play through, the blonde nurse scene is not appearing on my computer to review. Also, I have an option to select Jessica on the tracker (the right hand menu) but when I do, I get the below error message:
Error: the passage "vatracker" does not exist

Feebs

Pervert
Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
Hi Feebs great update, was definitely lots to do! On my main play through, the blonde nurse scene is not appearing on my computer to review. Also, I have an option to select Jessica on the tracker (the right hand menu) but when I do, I get the below error message:
Error: the passage "vatracker" does not exist
Thanks for that. Both bugs, will get rectified for next release.

Reactions: Billshwr

bigB41

Nov 27, 2023
Hey,
so I played the game until there was pretty much nothing to do anymore before the 2.0 Update.
Now i wanted to continue, but it doesn't seem like theres anything new to do.
Do i have to do something to trigger the new content?
I played in the browser and it got automatically updated to the new update.

shazamify

Oct 11, 2023
Hey,
so I played the game until there was pretty much nothing to do anymore before the 2.0 Update.
Now i wanted to continue, but it doesn't seem like theres anything new to do.
Do i have to do something to trigger the new content?
I played in the browser and it got automatically updated to the new update.
Without knowing exactly what your game state looks like it's difficult to say, but Feebs often has event triggers at the beginning of the day. . . and sometimes with a 1-2 day delay to prevent triggering a ton of stuff simultaneously.

Try going to sleep and advancing the day a couple of times.

As I recall, the first major thing that should happen is Ellie finding you.