HTML Gateway [Dev Thread]

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
TheMormonProphet
Forgot to add the most important thing. If you choose a Twine engine, it's better to start straight away on a Harlow!

Ask why? Yes, because there is code markup there! Which is not in a sugar cube! I personally miss this joke in my sugar cube right now.

Reactions: TheMormonProphet

Uggman

Mar 24, 2020
Hiya Feebs! I came across your game on lewdspot and have enjoyed playing it quite a lot. You clearly put a great deal of effort into your story and character work. I have to say I was rather shocked when I neared completion of the current version and looked up this thread to see your original launch was just this past spring. There is possibly one small continuity error though. When Kimberly is first introduced she asks MC if they remember traveling to the hub world as a small child, yet when you pull Charlotte out of the buffer she tells you that the discussion at the dinner was about whether you were able to travel at all. I can't wait for your next update, theres still so many things going on. I think I'm most intrigued with who the fifth person in the buffer is. Keep up the great work.

Reactions: Feebs and shazamify

Feebs

Pervert
Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
Hiya Feebs! I came across your game on lewdspot and have enjoyed playing it quite a lot. You clearly put a great deal of effort into your story and character work. I have to say I was rather shocked when I neared completion of the current version and looked up this thread to see your original launch was just this past spring. There is possibly one small continuity error though. When Kimberly is first introduced she asks MC if they remember traveling to the hub world as a small child, yet when you pull Charlotte out of the buffer she tells you that the discussion at the dinner was about whether you were able to travel at all. I can't wait for your next update, theres still so many things going on. I think I'm most intrigued with who the fifth person in the buffer is. Keep up the great work.
Thanks Uggman.
I'm struggling to find the place where Kimberly mentions traveling the hub as a small child. I've read through her intro and it's not in the first scenes, and doing a ctrl+f in the project for child isn't coming back with anything relevant.
Do you recall which conversation topic it was by chance?
I can't say LewdSpot haven't modified the game, but I'd doubt they'd add that kind of detail, so I'm probably just looking in the wrong places. But yeah, MC had never traveled before the start of this story.

Feebs

Pervert
Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
Another update.
For the event in this update, I've now completed most of the resolution variants, with just one left to handle.
Then I need to do the equivalent of an epilogue to get the game back into its "regular" mode and set hints towards the next story arc.
There's also one mini-event I've yet to add during the big event - but I've already pre-written how it impacts the resolution.

This stage seems to be taking me longer than anticipated, so it may be there's less substory updates in 0.2.0 than I had planned, and instead they'll be 0.2.X updates, but we're drawing closer to the release.

For info, right now the game is 80% bigger than 0.1.5... so there's quite a lot here.

If you want a little more context with some mild spoilers, Shazamify did post a brief teaser a little while ago here.

Reactions: Billshwr

Robwood

Aug 3, 2021
How do we get out of the Rota? I'm doing the construction site and there's no way to leave without backing out and losing all of the progress.

Feebs

Pervert
Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
How do we get out of the Rota? I'm doing the construction site and there's no way to leave without backing out and losing all of the progress.
There should be a 'Return' button in the actions box, alternatively quick traveling to another location will also work (if you've unlocked it).

If you are not seeing it, please do send me your save, so I can find out if there's a new bug. Thanks.

Robwood

Aug 3, 2021
There should be a 'Return' button in the actions box, alternatively quick traveling to another location will also work (if you've unlocked it).

If you are not seeing it, please do send me your save, so I can find out if there's a new bug. Thanks.
When I get to that point, there is no return link. Fast travel is unlocked when I click on that left hand link near settings (forgot what it's called), but nothing works except the mansion and hallway, both of which take me to the hallway. clicking on links from there make the screen blink, but nothing happens. Now, there's a Return link on that page, too (the one below settings), but it makes the page blink, as well.

As for uploading the file, I'll have to recreate it. I started off playing online, so I don't know if my save file is from an outdated version. I went ahead and deleted it and did a clean playthrough, only to get the same bug. I didn't bother to save that time, so I'll upload a save file for you over the weekend.

Feebs

Pervert
Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
Feebs Are you still working on next update?
That I am. I intend to post a progress update this weekend.

When I get to that point, there is no return link. Fast travel is unlocked when I click on that left hand link near settings (forgot what it's called), but nothing works except the mansion and hallway, both of which take me to the hallway. clicking on links from there make the screen blink, but nothing happens. Now, there's a Return link on that page, too (the one below settings), but it makes the page blink, as well.

As for uploading the file, I'll have to recreate it. I started off playing online, so I don't know if my save file is from an outdated version. I went ahead and deleted it and did a clean playthrough, only to get the same bug. I didn't bother to save that time, so I'll upload a save file for you over the weekend.
Hmm, the only time that return button is hidden (at least purposefully) is early in the game during the tutorial if you don't build the monitoring station yourself beforehand. I'll dig around that part of the code to see if anything occurring there - but does that sound about right timeline-wise; did you have Megan asking you to assign Rita to a schedule and select the monitoring station to be built?

Robwood

Aug 3, 2021
That I am. I intend to post a progress update this weekend.

Hmm, the only time that return button is hidden (at least purposefully) is early in the game during the tutorial if you don't build the monitoring station yourself beforehand. I'll dig around that part of the code to see if anything occurring there - but does that sound about right timeline-wise; did you have Megan asking you to assign Rita to a schedule and select the monitoring station to be built?
Here's a file. It didn't give me the option to build the toilets this time around for some reason, but I've constructed everything else. I've just noticed that speaking to Megan about the station is still a task that needs to be performed, so that may or may not be the issue.

Feebs

Pervert
Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
Here's a file. It didn't give me the option to build the toilets this time around for some reason, but I've constructed everything else. I've just noticed that speaking to Megan about the station is still a task that needs to be performed, so that may or may not be the issue.
Thanks for this. Found the issue immediately. It's due to the "complete projects instantly" cheat. As a result of that the normal condition for checking the monitoring station is built isn't triggered. I'll fix in the upcoming release, but in the short term workaround is to disable that cheat until the monitoring station is complete.

The toilet bug has been fixed ready for 0.2 too. There are three ways to unlock the waiting area and the toilets, but one of them only included the waiting area.

Last edited:

Robwood

Aug 3, 2021
Thanks for this. Found the issue immediately. It's due to the "complete projects instantly" cheat. As a result of that the normal condition for checking the monitoring station is built isn't triggered. I'll fix in the upcoming release, but in the short term workaround is to disable that cheat until the monitoring station is complete.

The toilet bug has been fixed ready for 0.2 too. There are three ways to unlock the waiting area and the toilets, but one of them only included the waiting area.
Great to hear! I'll turn off the cheat for my next play through. By the way, are some of the events random? I was able to get Darla to admit her true identity once somehow, but don't know how it happened.

shazamify

Oct 11, 2023
Great to hear! I'll turn off the cheat for my next play through. By the way, are some of the events random? I was able to get Darla to admit her true identity once somehow, but don't know how it happened.
None of the events are random, but some events have multiple ways to trigger which can make it feel that way.

Robwood

Aug 3, 2021
I've gone through the list of stars used in the game, but the one for Rita doesn't appear to be listed. Does anyone know who the actress is?

By the way, Feebs, I love that you have a lot of small breasted women in the game. I love tiny tits and there aren't enough games that have them in there.

shazamify

Oct 11, 2023
I've gone through the list of stars used in the game, but the one for Rita doesn't appear to be listed. Does anyone know who the actress is?

By the way, Feebs, I love that you have a lot of small breasted women in the game. I love tiny tits and there aren't enough games that have them in there.
It's Ember Snow. But she's on the credits page?