HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
We're going to be putting out v0.26 to the public, so even if people aren't posting up pirate links, you'll be able to get the latest build of the game with all the polish come mid-December :)

Reactions: kivirin

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
is that when your stitching them together? or ever? currently it seems episodic.
Right now we're releasing demos as stand alone levels, and not stitching the levels together until the game's last level is completed.

The reason for this is because as we go along with releasing level-based demos, we're also adding in the remaining game mechanics and features (parallax scrolling, powerup set boosts, large scale maps, databank/cutscene viewers, dynamic lighting etc.)

If we had all the levels stitched together as we were adding these things, we'd need to add them to the previous levels as well as we added them, and since we're doing fine tuning of each feature once we add it in per each monthly demo based on our own internal testing plus player feedback, we would be eating up huge chunks of time adjusting the previous levels with these features also.

So, since we're waiting until all 5 levels are in fully as well as all the mechanics/features are in, that'll allow us to sweep back over the previous levels adding in the mechanics/features in one shot instead of editing everything countless times along the way, saving a lot of time and letting us get the game out faster.

So the first time the game is together as a whole will be when the game is fully complete, which we're aiming for December 2018 on (January-April = Earth Level Demos, May-August = The End Level Demos, September-December = Final Boss + adding the mentioned features/mechanics to previous levels and fleshing them out with cutscenes, etc.)

Gazael

Jun 6, 2017
We're going to be putting out v0.26 to the public, so even if people aren't posting up pirate links, you'll be able to get the latest build of the game with all the polish come mid-December :)
You were talking about that you implement the new gameplay mechanics into the old fire level demo. Will the changed fire level demo public like the already existing one?

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
You were talking about that you implement the new gameplay mechanics into the old fire level demo. Will the changed fire level demo public like the already existing one?
So we discussed it amongst ourselves and we've decided to just outright replace the Fire Level demo, primarily because;
- If people are googling the game, they'd likely end up running into the Fire Level demo, which even after the updates, pales in comparison to all the updates/features the Electric Level demo will have, and we'd like people to see where we're actually at instead of where we've been
- We're going to have to update the Fire Level once we complete the game anyways, and so it'll be extra time we'd be spending on the Fire Level for no real reason since we're going to have to redo those updates anyways come game completion
- Having two public demos out everywhere (Newgrounds, etc.) would be somewhat confusing for new people who might see all the views the Fire Level demo has, assume it's the "better" of the two demos, and then play it instead of the Electric Level demo

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
streaming Future Fragments level development right now!

Reactions: Sheerley

Phaze

Oct 7, 2017
anyone have links to the CG sets? and v.23/v.24(whichever is the latest)

Last edited:

Phaze

Oct 7, 2017
i was referring to the CG set spoken of in the sept progress update on tumblr, if the CG set mentioned there are the Game Over CGs, then yes

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
streaming Future Fragments level development right now!

Goblina Lover

May 20, 2017
Does anyone have v.017a they could share? Also, will other acts get KO poses for the new enemies?
all i can tell you is google "Future Fragments [v0.17]" on first page you should find a torrent link, im not direct linking because links have been dying recently

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
Yeah, honestly, fighting piracy is kind of pointless; I'm not going to directly just drop the links to my stuff in 95% of cases but if other people do, I don't mind, because it's 1) free word of mouth, 2) people might back it after playing it, 3) even if they don't, they had a good time, and that's what matters to us; money is a means to an end, we want a lot of money so we can make the quality of the game go up/afford awesome music and sound effects and voice acting and such, not because we want to just sit on a money pile.

Future Fragments (and the other games I'm working on) making a lot of money basically = we get to make even more games in the future, and that's definitely what we want to do, so yeah, trying to stop piracy is a waste of time, gets people mad at you, and really, we'd rather people just enjoy our games if they don't have the finances to support us (or if they want to try before they buy, so to speak, although we do have public demos for that too.)
I was going to say pretty much the same thing! There are more people like myself who go on, what you may call questionable (pirate sites) sites to look for games and artists. Not to download from said sites, but to find new or different content. After which I use a search engine to find an artists or game makers site/page to download a public version directly. If I like it I will try and support it. And believe me the percentage of people who do this out weighs those who download the pirated version. (they are dumb enough to leave comments/complaints on the pirated sites)

And this is why a number of the games posts on sites like this do really well. You get free advertisement, and people that would rather know more about the artist and get a direct-non-pirated download. In turn it only boosts your popularity.
Of course if more people new about F95 Zone, game players and game makers alike that would also help out. But its nice to keep F95 Zone away from the masses, and down to those who happen to find it.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Livestreaming Future Fragments level design at

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Streaming now at for Future Fragments level creation!

3.80 star(s) 80 Votes