Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
No that's staying afaik, it's just the whole interraction with MC when she comes to ask for money is the main I believe. There's some other stuff too I believe but that's the important stuff. Will make her less mercanary and gold-digger'ish and more a genuine friend in need.
That's a bit dissapointing for me because I liked giving my princess money as soon as she asked for it.
In fact I was upset I couldn't give her more.

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
That's a bit dissapointing for me because I liked giving my princess money as soon as she asked for it.
In fact I was upset I couldn't give her more.
Can still give it to her, she just ain't offering to spread em in exchange for it. I'm sure the option may still be there but it will be done better to be less cringe and business transaction like.

Reactions: Joshy92

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Nicki War...Nicki war never changes...
Who would have thought that the biggest battle in the Nicki war would be the update after she disappears from the narrative forever? Because, you know, that happened if you played the dark route. Nicki is gone, Viola is gone; Gabby, Mason, Pepper, and Brittani are scared and Guy is a miserable prick. Well, well, well... if it isn't the consequences of my own actions. How the turntables have... turned.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019

003A_Float Cam 1.png

tldr;
Currently at 900 renders. Alex's scene is done. Working on finishing Risa's sex scenes, so I can get into Mason's scenes. Once Mason's scenes are finished I'll be setting a formal release schedule.

I'm a bit worried the remake of chapter one will alter my opinion of Nicki. Am I worrying over nothing here?
Probably! The major emotional/story beats will remain the same: Brent fucked up and got himself and Nicki in trouble, and the player is presented with the chance to fix the problem, sparking the idea of creating a charitable organization.

The stuff that's changing is mostly about fleshing out the world, in the first chapter. We'll see more of Nicki and MC interacting at work, and get a better idea of their dynamic.

091_Camera.png

We'll actually see the sales pitch from gamer edge-lord Kobalt, which convinced MC to sink all his money into his crypto nonsense, Kobalt Koin.

086_Camera.png

We'll also meet Carolina, as well as the night-time concierge that Risa replaces. We'll see more of Guy's crappy apartment, to fully appreciate the change that comes with him living in a nice penthouse condo. We'll see more of Brent being Brent.

Basically, in addition to overhauling the events around Nicki, I want to set up some things so that later events feel a bit more like payoff. If we meet Carolina and have no idea she has a kid, it's a little more interesting when we discover Maya, later. If we meet the grumpy old guy that Risa replaces, then it's a little more shocking when we walk in and find a pretty girl behind the desk. If we see Guy's crappy apartment, the later reveal that he's bought and renovated that building has more context/weight.

Just a bunch of stuff like that!

Still hope one day Neon will be able to put those short stories in the game. They are amazing.:)
Honestly, the reason I've kinda backed off of doing more of those text stories for the blog, is because I think they just make more sense to do in the actual game. I think Ashe's story is especially important, as the whole reveal vis a vis her troubled history as a one-time model, really needs to be highlighted in-game.

Brent's one-off story was my first stab at this, and since people seemed to like it, I'll definitely be doing more for the girls. I have one in mind for Pepper that I think would be awesome.

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021

View attachment 3549218

tldr;
Currently at 900 renders. Alex's scene is done. Working on finishing Risa's sex scenes, so I can get into Mason's scenes. Once Mason's scenes are finished I'll be setting a formal release schedule.

Probably! The major emotional/story beats will remain the same: Brent fucked up and got himself and Nicki in trouble, and the player is presented with the chance to fix the problem, sparking the idea of creating a charitable organization.

The stuff that's changing is mostly about fleshing out the world, in the first chapter. We'll see more of Nicki and MC interacting at work, and get a better idea of their dynamic.

View attachment 3549193

We'll actually see the sales pitch from gamer edge-lord Kobalt, which convinced MC to sink all his money into his crypto nonsense, Kobalt Koin.

View attachment 3549195

We'll also meet Carolina, as well as the night-time concierge that Risa replaces. We'll see more of Guy's crappy apartment, to fully appreciate the change that comes with him living in a nice penthouse condo. We'll see more of Brent being Brent.

Basically, in addition to overhauling the events around Nicki, I want to set up some things so that later events feel a bit more like payoff. If we meet Carolina and have no idea she has a kid, it's a little more interesting when we discover Maya, later. If we meet the grumpy old guy that Risa replaces, then it's a little more shocking when we walk in and find a pretty girl behind the desk. If we see Guy's crappy apartment, the later reveal that he's bought and renovated that building has more context/weight.

Honestly, the reason I've kinda backed off of doing more of those text stories for the blog, is because I think they just make more sense to do in the actual game. I think Ashe's story is especially important, as the whole reveal vis a vis her troubled history as a one-time model, really needs to be highlighted in-game.

Brent's one-off story was my first stab at this, and since people seemed to like it, I'll definitely be doing more for the girls. I have one in mind for Pepper that I think would be awesome.
That sounds awesome thank you for putting my mind at ease.

Also, goodness me Alex looks so sexy.

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
I think that for most characters in FiN, Nicki included - you’re sympathizing for them in some way, but it’s also frustrating that you feel some sense of responsibility for their well-being. Meanwhile you’re trying to have a good fap.

Whore//not whore; rape and treat like shit but cum in guilt//love but is it real or do I just want sexy-time; boy with a vagina//girl acting boyish…. Let’s just say for much of the characters and events, it’s complicated.

Gabbi is the character where I most feel like this is just a fantasy game and doesn’t need to be so serious. Almost everyone else I get the feeling of real consequences for being a little rapey.
I don't get this personally. Gabby's dark route scene feels the least intensely evil to me, which ofc shouldn't undermine that her scene is still extremely fucked up, but I still absolutely get a feeling of impending consequences. Her look of fear and "are you going to rape me?" didn't do anything for you? :unsure: And her quivering at the bookstore? It's crushing :(

And yeah, if you're used to more poorly-written or simply lighter games, the "dark route" is either more of a super-kinky route or just not all that impactful on you while you're playing, kinda like how shooting civilians in GTA feels or something. This game, though, imo completely redefines what a dark route is. Add to that the depth of the characters, and I totally get why some people feel horrified at what goes on in that route. I guess I've never had too much of a problem separating games from the real world in that regard, though admittedly even I've cringed at some of the scenes because the characters are just way too sympathetic haha.

BTW, if you feel too guilty playing the dark route, you should try the darker end of the corruption route. You can still be mean, but it isn't as horrible as the dark route.

Reactions: jungmonk

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
[...]

That is very good to know. :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: NeonGhosts

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

View attachment 3549193

View attachment 3549195

Interesting ideas, but some seem stronger than others. Seeing the original relationship between the MC and Nicki would be a huge help for the early game, so that's a clear winner. Getting more time with 'professional' Carolina before we meet Maya could add some nice shades to her character. [Assuming we have time to explore those shades. Carolina's date is currently penciled in for something like 3rd quarter 2025; I love her to bits, but she's not one of the central pillars of the game. Maybe she doesn't need the extra focus?]

On the other hand, I don't know if we really need to see any more of Brett being Brett: say what you will about the guy, he establishes his persona with remarkable efficiency. Likewise introducing the guy who created Kobalt Koin feels like a waste of time. The MC blundering his way into money is a fine origin as is. We don't need to get further into the weeds unless Kobalt's going to figure into the plot later - and I don't see his inclusion opening up a lot in terms of storytelling opportunities.

I'm also reasonably sure I'll wind up wishing we could swap Risa back for the grump, but I'll allow that might be a me problem.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Interesting ideas, but some seem stronger than others. Seeing the original relationship between the MC and Nicki would be a huge help for the early game, so that's a clear winner. Getting more time with 'professional' Carolina before we meet Maya could add some nice shades to her character. [Assuming we have time to explore those shades. Carolina's date is currently penciled in for something like 3rd quarter 2025; I love her to bits, but she's not one of the central pillars of the game. Maybe she doesn't need the extra focus?]

On the other hand, I don't know if we really need to see any more of Brett being Brett: say what you will about the guy, he establishes his persona with remarkable efficiency. Likewise introducing the guy who created Kobalt Koin feels like a waste of time. The MC blundering his way into money is a fine origin as is. We don't need to get further into the weeds unless Kobalt's going to figure into the plot later - and I don't see his inclusion opening up a lot in terms of storytelling opportunities.

I'm also reasonably sure I'll wind up wishing we could swap Risa back for the grump, but I'll allow that might be a me problem.
I don't plan to get too in-the-weeds with Brett or Kobalt. Kobalt's scene is similar to Blizzy's from Chapter 8 -- a guy talking to his screen, while MC watches. I just want people to see why MC made a horrible decision that basically fucked his life and credit score, for the next several years, while also making him critically risk-averse. Brett's scene will mostly play out like it already did in Chapter 1, but his entrance to the scene will be a little different, and Nicki's reaction will be a bit different.

TRKaiser

Apr 11, 2023

View attachment 3549218

tldr;

View attachment 3549193

View attachment 3549195

Reactions: NeonGhosts

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
I mean the game on the search says 4 months so considering the amount of renders etc.. f95 games usually this is kinda reasonable waiting period
I am not saying its unreasonable, just commenting on the effect it has on me.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I don't plan to get too in-the-weeds with Brett or Kobalt. Kobalt's scene is similar to Blizzy's from Chapter 8 -- a guy talking to his screen, while MC watches. I just want people to see why MC made a horrible decision that basically fucked his life and credit score, for the next several years, while also making him critically risk-averse. Brett's scene will mostly play out like it already did in Chapter 1, but his entrance to the scene will be a little different, and Nicki's reaction will be a bit different.
I don't know if I'd describe the MC as particularly risk averse. I presume that's something you're planning to develop in the rework to explain why he missed his original shot at Nicki. Fair enough.

Still, I do think there's a subtle but meaningful change to the game if we see exactly why the MC bought into the Kobalt hype. When it's just an offscreen background event, we will accept that it was a dumb, drunken decision the MC made that ruined his life before somehow shooting the moon. We're ready to move on to the main story. But once we see the sales pitch with our own eyes, consciously or unconsciously we are going to judge the MC's decision ourselves. Was he a rank idiot? Was he the naive victim of a ruthless Svengali? Was he a ballsy investor who got screwed over by fate before finally making good? We'll all have our own take on it and each of them can be valid, but that judgement will linger.

Ultimately, I don't think that helps the game because it's an irrelevant distraction that will cloud our view of the events that really matter. If we think the MC has a history of making bad decisions, that undermines his assessment of Wren's efficiency when running a charity. If we think he already got burned by a pied piper once, we're going to be hat much more annoyed when he buys Risa's sob story in the present day. That sort of thing.

There's a benefit to keeping the MC's blunder nebulous, at least in my eyes. I think you can keep that ambiguity while still delving into how badly the experience scarred the younger MC, but it becomes harder the more you make Kobalt Koin a real item rather than a generic snake oil. But as always, it's your story and this is just my opinion.

I am not saying its unreasonable, just commenting on the effect it has on me.
That's why it's so handy we have these forums! Debating picayune details gives us something to do while we wait, and stopping by regularly lets us keep up with the important news. :)

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Friends in Need [Ch. 8 v0.57b SE] [NeonGhosts] - Compressed

Use at your own risk.

Win/Linux [826 MB]
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN

Mac [835 MB]
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's been a while does this compressed still need to add the patch for the good stuff? Or is it already added?

Reactions: MAD6999
4.60 star(s) 177 Votes