RPGM Forbidden Fantasy [Demo v2.0] [ZXL Studio]

May 27, 2020
View attachment 2718656

Overview:
Welcome to Forbidden Fantasy - Demo v2.0, the JRPG experience that will transport you to the magical world of Nephalia! With beautiful graphics, immersive gameplay, and thrilling adventures, this game is a must-play for anyone who loves fantasy and adventure and choice-matters genre!

Explore the prologue part of a vast world filled with danger, magic, and wonder, as you embark on a quest to save the land from the forces of darkness. Customize your character, choose your weapons and classes, and recruit good or evil mercenaries to help you in battle. But be careful, as every decision you make will have consequences, and the fate of the world rests in your hands!​

Thread Updated: 2023-06-23
Release Date: 2023-06-23
Developer: ZXL Studio -
Censored: No
Version: Demo v2.0
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

Any chance to get save file with all gallery?

Feb 11, 2023
ok, I've had my play and my review is its too easy to level up with the power of scream. You only need to level up 3 times and all enemies will be killed instantly, with no results of lewd scene in game battle :(. So how about you change the intensity of scream or make in game battle lewd scenes random. so for now I wont play this game because of this, until it improves... good luck dev.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZXLyen
Jul 22, 2021
The boat ride ends in beaching on the new island every time after lance finishes talking. Can't do anything at that point, the graphics keep scrolling as normal but no menu or control actions work.i7,

Jul 22, 2021
Nevermind I got it to work, you can't skip Lance's flirting with the character or fast text it will mess up the arrival to the city.

HyperV

Jun 19, 2018
@Amerika
@greymetalsinner

Fyi for people getting the boat/ship stuck don't hold down space to speed things up. The boat should stop at a point until you initiate the next dialogue. Basically just don't speed it up, this is a problem RPGM has usually from amateur devs who forget to play test their games.

So I've played it through and I've barely found any CG or scenes atm however after extracting the game files there are loads of CG scenes in it. I would only play the Demo for general looks and feel, and yeah it's laggy as shit. Dev really should check file sizes next time and maybe reduce unnecessary bloat.

Last edited:
Reactions: greymetalsinner

erkaderk

Sep 26, 2019
My thoughts and prayers to anyone trying to get the plot-advancing "grease oil" material to drop from fat worms. Get ready for the most tedious 30+ minutes of hoping to encounter them and then doubly hoping they'll give up the goods

GregOrbit

Sep 2, 2022
Somehow the village scout appeared again in my group when I met Lance. I guess there is a bug and I hope it can be fixed. Another issue is the "clouds" my graphic card wasn't getting this hot in a while. I hope the graphics will become adjustable.

Jul 22, 2021
Somehow the village scout appeared again in my group when I met Lance. I guess there is a bug and I hope it can be fixed. Another issue is the "clouds" my graphic card wasn't getting this hot in a while. I hope the graphics will become adjustable.
I had the scout reappear as well once I met lance. And the hired help from the port pub would dissappear in the overview (maps) scenes.

Rugerrell6

Jun 26, 2020
It looks like it could have some potential but as of right now the gameplay is just to laggy and slow and sometimes the maps are blurry. I wouldn't mind trying it again in the future once its been polished up.

GregOrbit

Sep 2, 2022
I had the scout reappear as well once I met lance. And the hired help from the port pub would dissappear in the overview (maps) scenes.
Do you know how to get rid of him? He caps at lvl7 and is just annoying as he is incontrollable. I tried to play in party of 4(added a brawler as help from the port town) but it became even more laggy, especially on the "overview" map.

I would say that I like the general concept and arts. If the game would be less heavy on my underperforming PC, I would consider buying a full version.

Feb 11, 2023
View attachment 2718656

Overview:
Welcome to Forbidden Fantasy - Demo v2.0, the JRPG experience that will transport you to the magical world of Nephalia! With beautiful graphics, immersive gameplay, and thrilling adventures, this game is a must-play for anyone who loves fantasy and adventure and choice-matters genre!

Explore the prologue part of a vast world filled with danger, magic, and wonder, as you embark on a quest to save the land from the forces of darkness. Customize your character, choose your weapons and classes, and recruit good or evil mercenaries to help you in battle. But be careful, as every decision you make will have consequences, and the fate of the world rests in your hands!​

Thread Updated: 2023-06-23
Release Date: 2023-06-23
Developer: ZXL Studio -
Censored: No
Version: Demo v2.0
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

when will you address the problems that we'er having with?

ZXLyen

Jul 17, 2023
Way too large sized for a demo version with 3D character designs yet just an RPGM. Issues like this normally come from unskilled or rookie developers who can't fit game data within a reasonable package size, just as how experienced Korean game developers can make high quality Unreal Engine RPGs under a reasonable size but most Chinese devs cannot. Meanwhile we have good graphical side scroller H-RPGs like Night of Revenge with lots of H-contents made under 1 GB and as complete versions. Nevertheless, I'm all in for H-RPGs with cute female protagonists like this one (as long as there are no weird fetishes involved)
Hey Crimson, thank you for your feedback!

Yes, I'm a rookie developer, but I'm always trying my best to learn.
To be honest I didn't have much feedback on itch.io on areas I should be improving on, until i started crawling back in f95 and saw my game got uploaded.
The reason why the file size is too large was due to rpgmaker having compatibility issues with plugins compiling 'unused' assets. I didn't have sufficient time to dump out the 'loose' assets for the demo. Lol.

Point taken, in fact, I have already reduced the filesize for battling backgrounds and will relook into the toggling of the weather effects.

ZXLyen

Jul 17, 2023
ok, I've had my play and my review is its too easy to level up with the power of scream. You only need to level up 3 times and all enemies will be killed instantly, with no results of lewd scene in game battle :(. So how about you change the intensity of scream or make in game battle lewd scenes random. so for now I wont play this game because of this, until it improves... good luck dev.
Heya Very Tall Dwarf!
Yes, the demo was not battle-balanced yet. It was more of a review test-phase and I was looking for players' interest to how I can continue to shape the rest of the game. The MC has certain sets of skills that she will learn at the later levels (10+) of weakling/adventurer. She can then control the seduction of enemies much better. If players chose to pick a class-change immediately, which I suspect most guys would, will miss the chance for her to learn "Act Cute", "Jiggle", "Flaunt" and "Flirt".

The intensity of scream will be addressed (It is actually not too bad as the effectiveness of scream will depreciate past the demo's intended level). As I have limited time on hand to juggle between game development and play-testing over and over again, the final update will probably come much later (maybe Early Sep) for everyone to enjoy the 'true' completed demo.

Once again, thank you very much for the feedback!

Reactions: Very Tall dwarve