VN Ren'Py Fates Collide [v0.4b] [KatanaVN]

4.60 star(s) 57 Votes

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
seems this vn is dead .... its sad .. i always loved this vn :(
Personally I think it's too early to call it dead yeah updates are slow been 6 or 7 months I think but from I can tell there is still patreon updates and I think I read the dev is going to school. So it clearly isn't full time but as long as the communication doesn't stop on patreon hard for me to call this dead but I do get why it might feel dead to you.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Personally I think it's too early to call it dead yeah updates are slow been 6 or 7 months I think but from I can tell there is still patreon updates and I think I read the dev is going to school. So it clearly isn't full time but as long as the communication doesn't stop on patreon hard for me to call this dead but I do get why it might feel dead to you.
thank you for the reply ... and the update ... its just been a long time and nothing said here :unsure:

May 8, 2017
thank you for the reply ... and the update ... its just been a long time and nothing said here :unsure:
I checked the patreon and it seems like he is redoing the first couple of episodes... I was hoping that is not what it meant, but it really seems likely that is what is happening.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I checked the patreon and it seems like he is redoing the first couple of episodes... I was hoping that is not what it meant, but it really seems likely that is what is happening.
o damn I knew part of the update was gonna be a rework just didn't know was entire episodes figure was just some scenes.

Reactions: that1guyno1knows

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Kantana posts almost daily on his Discord, so there is no need to be concerned about this game being abandoned anytime soon.

Reactions: Connor-

AnonW123

Dec 26, 2019

Click for a cookie ;)
View attachment 3578583
View attachment 3578593
edit:
View attachment 3578599
Honestly, I'm tired of these devs feeling the need to rework or remaster their games after 4 or 5 updates. How about we just acknowledge that there are flaws, it aint perfect (nothing is) and move on. It's a great game/vn and I really don't care about fixing Eiko as she wont be my main girl regardless of what her backstory or motivation is.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Honestly, I'm tired of these devs feeling the need to rework or remaster their games after 4 or 5 updates. How about we just acknowledge that there are flaws, it aint perfect (nothing is) and move on. It's a great game/vn and I really don't care about fixing Eiko as she wont be my main girl regardless of what her backstory or motivation is.
I do agree with you however this is one of the rare cases i'm glad it's being done if the Dev sees a major problem with Eiko while she isn't any of my main LI I do think she is the most interesting so far. I personally didn't see any major issues with her but if the dev does then im all for it. I mostly okay with reworks if a dev sees a major issue and not just fixing a bunch for small ones or improving render quality.

AnonW123

Dec 26, 2019
I do agree with you however this is one of the rare cases i'm glad it's being done if the Dev sees a major problem with Eiko while she isn't any of my main LI I do think she is the most interesting so far. I personally didn't see any major issues with her but if the dev does then im all for it. I mostly okay with reworks if a dev sees a major issue and not just fixing a bunch for small ones or improving render quality.
Eiko is literally at the bottom of my list. She's smoking hot but that's it so far. Maybe Katana can make her more interesting but is it worth delaying the whole game development to do so?

I may seem harsh but the last update was mostly about her and now we have this. I really wish the time had been spent on her before launching the game and not reworking her at this point. It makes me nervous as to whether there is a clear plan for the game going forward.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Eiko is literally at the bottom of my list. She's smoking hot but that's it so far. Maybe Katana can make her more interesting but is it worth delaying the whole game development to do so?

I may seem harsh but the last update was mostly about her and now we have this. I really wish the time had been spent on her before launching the game and not reworking her at this point. It makes me nervous as to whether there is a clear plan for the game going forward.
yeah I get what you mean she was near the bottom for me as well kind of still is tbh but still is the most interesting character for me even if she is on the bottom of my LI list. Which is why im not entirely against the idea, but I get what you are saying if it's really worth the dev time. My guess would be it will be eventually probably when we get several updates as I get the feeling she is gonna have a bigger part in the story moving forward just not right way. But yeah if it's worth it right now probably not. I do agree 100% about if there is a clear plan tho cause it never felt like there was a storyline to really follow before.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017

Well i'm not a fan of telling a dev how he should do his game, if he thinks a rework for Eiko is necessary because he has some problem regarding her and it may be important for the story going forward...
That being said, i agree that reworks are way too common and most of the time not worth it, makes sense if you finished the game and want do some polishing, but not in the middle of it.

I also doubt i will like Eiko more after whatever the dev does, Eiko and Valentina are on the bottom of my list and honestly i have no interest in playing either of their paths.

Reactions: Lerd0 and AnonW123

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Well i'm not a fan of telling a dev how he should do his game, if he thinks a rework for Eiko is necessary because he has some problem regarding her and it may be important for the story going forward...
That being said, i agree that reworks are way too common and most of the time not worth it, makes sense if you finished the game and want do some polishing, but not in the middle of it.

I also doubt i will like Eiko more after whatever the dev does, Eiko and Valentina are on the bottom of my list and honestly i have no interest in playing either of their paths.
weird thing with this game for me even characters I put at the bottom of list like Eiko and Valentina I still have a desire to play their paths , as I don't entire dislike anyone. I already have a save for every LI but looks like gonna have redo that come the update lol.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
weird thing with this game for me even characters I put at the bottom of list like Eiko and Valentina I still have a desire to play their paths , as I don't entire dislike anyone. I already have a save for every LI but looks like gonna have redo that come the update lol.
It's not that i dislike the 2 of them, well i do find Eiko annoying, i just don't want anymore involvement with her then needed and Valentina is just so bland, boring and uniteresting that i wonder why she is even a LI.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
It's not that i dislike the 2 of them, well i do find Eiko annoying, i just don't want anymore involvement with her then needed and Valentina is just so bland, boring and uniteresting that i wonder why she is even a LI.
ah I see thought you just didn't like them. I only 1/2 way agree with you on Valentina cause yeah she is a bit boring when I played her path but yet it made me like her more somehow lol , still at the bottom tho.

AnonW123

Dec 26, 2019
Yeah I don't care for Valentina either. She's cold and robotic. At first I outright hated her, but I did a playthrough with her path and realized that she does warm up to you a bit if you pay her attention. It still doesn't make me care for her though. The one scene with her I liked was where she explains what happens with her suitors, that was hilarious.

Reactions: Raziel_8
4.60 star(s) 57 Votes