VN Ren'Py Fates Collide [v0.4b] [KatanaVN]

4.60 star(s) 57 Votes

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I play multiple paths roughly at the same time on some and skip through dialogue / scenes ive yet to see but I get it if you just play one save or have limited time. But im also no harem lover either as I find I have a hard time getting into characters on those games most of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeycii_

Sep 18, 2022
its a bit sad to see people uninstalling because they arent willing to play it multiple times.
its actually quite nice to see how different single romantic routes could go. if the solo routes get handled like they are right now (different girls, get different content due to your choices and block other content; like for Raiko cinema/Koko party, then im pretty excited to see, how everything will turn out later on.
So far I like all the girls, they are quite different from each other character wise and i gotta say that is what it makes it even more worth it to "replay" the game.
i mean.. you actually just have to save at important choices/crossroutes and basically get different content, i dont know what the problem is with that.

different girls/lovers can give entirely different kind of directions of the storytelling emotionally-wise.
for example life would definitely be different with raiko or valentina as partner, haha.
the quality of the game so far is also worth enough of replaying so thats another big + for me

Anyways.. game so far is great. im going to keep it in my top spot list

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
its a bit sad to see people uninstalling because they arent willing to play it multiple times.
its actually quite nice to see how different single romantic routes could go. if the solo routes get handled like they are right now (different girls, get different content due to your choices and block other content; like for Raiko cinema/Koko party, then im pretty excited to see, how everything will turn out later on.
So far I like all the girls, they are quite different from each other character wise and i gotta say that is what it makes it even more worth it to "replay" the game.
i mean.. you actually just have to save at important choices/crossroutes and basically get different content, i dont know what the problem is with that.
the quality of the game so far is also worth enough of replaying so thats another big + for me

yeah I dont get it either tbh since you can just make multiple saves as you go and ctrl skip through content you seen. So it doesn't** take alot of extra time since you are not playing from the start everytime

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018

different girls/lovers can give entirely different kind of directions of the storytelling emotionally-wise.
for example life would definitely be different with raiko or valentina as partner, haha.

Personally I only see one ending in this type of games (VN). So saving multiple routes is of no use to me.

In principle, the only LI that has interested me is Serena, so I have proceeded to ignore (not giving points whenever possible, ending the conversations quickly and avoiding the activities proposed by them whenever they gave me the option) all the other LIs . Obviously I haven't saved at any "critical point" because I have no interest in doing an alternative route to the one I have chosen. Anyway, I haven't played in a while, and I guess as long as I have harem games to play I won't pick it up again.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
In principle, the only LI that has interested me is Serena,
Honestly surprised by this think you are the first ive seen that doesn't have a hard time picking just one LI in this game. But yeah I love Serena too but I couldn't pick 1 haha.

Reactions: AnonW123

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Honestly surprised by this think you are the first ive seen that doesn't have a hard time picking just one LI in this game. But yeah I love Serena too but I couldn't pick 1 haha.
She was the only redhead and I liked her personality, so it wasn't difficult to choose. And it will continue to be that way unless another redhead appears who also has another personality that I like.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
She was the only redhead and I liked her personality, so it wasn't difficult to choose. And it will continue to be that way unless another redhead appears who also has another personality that I like.
fair enough im a bit of a easy to please person so I tend to like alot of LI quite easily for different reasons. It's probably why I like every single one except the cop in this game and I have a tough time picking just 1. But Serena is my favorite for looks as I prefer redheads myself.

Reactions: BlasKyau

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
fair enough im a bit of a easy to please person so I tend to like alot of LI quite easily for different reasons. It's probably why I like every single one except the cop in this game and I have a tough time picking just 1. But Serena is my favorite for looks as I prefer redheads myself.
Anyway, in general I only play harem games, since if I really like two LIs and I have to choose between them, what I do is not choose and look for another game.

Juerhullycin

Feb 4, 2024
I dont even play multiple routes in AAA games like Eldenring, and here the story is heavily focused about the friendsgroupe and the variables do noting as of 0.4 so replaying a game that's essential the same every time just with a different scene here or there isn't worth it,
even less if I could have a complete different experience playing Eldenring as a pure melee build instead of a pure magician build I used in my playthrough

and even if the branching should start with 0.5 and it becomes a different game for every LI the workload will probably kill the dev working on 7 separate games
also it will result in 10 renders per character pro update or you need to wait 1,5 years for any perceivable progress with your LI if every update focuses on a different one (and I'm pretty generous with the dev cycle in this case)

Reactions: AnonW123

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
so replaying a game that's essential the same every time just with a different scene here or there isn't worth it
Yeah the only downside to non harem games. However i'm glad this isn't one still, I find alot of harems I have a hard time caring for the characters in comparison to non harem games. So typically I might of missed this gem of a game if it was one until I was in the mood to play a harem, which is somewhat rare for me.

I may be the odd one out but I usually make saves and back up saves for every LI I like as I play these games. So I can essentially control skip through what ive seen and play content Ive yet to see and play all paths at roughly the same pace.
Tho I do replay some of these games like this one during updates. So not a big deal if I missed something as ill just play that path next time. But like I said im the odd one out not many would play like that.

Reactions: qaywsx

Cruiser80

Jan 9, 2020
Not long discovered this one and just finished with the recent update. Really enjoyed it, good writing, interesting characters, I loved the artwork, the sound was good, more so in the last half and the animation were great.

Surprised it hasn't gotten more attention. But I will definitely be keeping an eye out for future updates.

Svark

Dec 4, 2017
Yeah the only downside to non harem games. However i'm glad this isn't one still, I find alot of harems I have a hard time caring for the characters in comparison to non harem games. So typically I might of missed this gem of a game if it was one until I was in the mood to play a harem, which is somewhat rare for me.

I may be the odd one out but I usually make saves and back up saves for every LI I like as I play these games. So I can essentially control skip through what ive seen and play content Ive yet to see and play all paths at roughly the same pace.
Tho I do replay some of these games like this one during updates. So not a big deal if I missed something as ill just play that path next time. But like I said im the odd one out not many would play like that.
I don't think you're exactly the odd one. A lot of the more popular games here are not harems. Which is very good for me.

Reactions: qaywsx

ChadFast

Jul 19, 2021
Not long discovered this one and just finished with the recent update. Really enjoyed it, good writing, interesting characters, I loved the artwork, the sound was good, more so in the last half and the animation were great.

Surprised it hasn't gotten more attention. But I will definitely be keeping an eye out for future updates.
I agree. I've been watching this one for a while and I'm looking forward to continuing the story hopefully soon. Big fan of Avis. She's awesome.

AnonW123

Dec 26, 2019
yeah I dont get it either tbh since you can just make multiple saves as you go and ctrl skip through content you seen. So it doesn't** take alot of extra time since you are not playing from the start everytime
That sounds nice in theory but it isn't quite that simple. If the game goes on for say 20 episodes/chapters, then you may have to go all the way back to episode 3 or 4 (where the path split) and replay the majority of the game over again. If you like 3 or 4 of the Lis you will be replaying a lot of the same content 3 or 4 times. That's why I'm a harem guy.

Don't get me wrong I really enjoy this game, it's one of my favs, but that is a concern that I have while playing it. I really wish non-harem games would limit the number of Lis to 3 or 4 and create more unique story paths for replaying the game.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
That sounds nice in theory but it isn't quite that simple. If the game goes on for say 20 episodes/chapters, then you may have to go all the way back to episode 3 or 4 (where the path split) and replay the majority of the game over again. If you like 3 or 4 of the Lis you will be replaying a lot of the same content 3 or 4 times. That's why I'm a harem guy.

Don't get me wrong I really enjoy this game, it's one of my favs, but that is a concern that I have while playing it. I really wish non-harem games would limit the number of Lis to 3 or 4 and create more unique story paths for replaying the game.
not the way I play but I am the exception. Cause not every plays like I do where ill play one path for a bit, usually till there is some choice for a LI or if I feel like I played awhile without having to make a choice based on a LI. At that time I catch up all my saves and control skipping expect for content or choices I have yet to see. So with that way I play I wouldn't have to go back more than maybe 1/2 a chapter at the most. Even when I start a new game where I know nothing about ill make a save for every girl I meet, on the off chance they are a LI I want to peruse. Until comes a time I don't want to peruse a LI and yes I do catch all those saves up as well even as I play. Yeah it takes a bit of extra time but not alot. But like I said im the exception I have a unique way of playing compared to most people.

But yeah if you dont have multiple saves to begin with then yeah it would be a pain or annoying for most people. Or have no idea what paths you want. I do agree 3-4 LI is best even for harems imo but I find most harems ive played the content starts to lack for certain LI when there is more than 5 LI.

4.60 star(s) 57 Votes