Ragnaroekr

Apr 26, 2017
The creation of the first episode on the engine similar to RPGM took me about six months. Some time from this took the production of the engine itself. Now I understand that I wasted my time on my 2D engine. It would be better; instead, I would make a game on an Unreal Engine. I have some experience with it. The difference is that the graphics would be worse than the renderers. Although they could be combined. Monica walking in 3D and rendered arts during dialogues. Or 3D motion capture equipment and full-fledged animated dialogues like in the "Witcher 3" :)
Everything is possible; I have all these required skills :)
The main problem is time. It can be the coolest 3D game on the market, but with the first version in a year :)
Where is the optimal balance of time and quality?

At the very beginning, I generally did a game for a fan. Many first renderers had flaws. The gameplay at first turned miserable. But experience comes.
I hope that the game will get better with each version and will be recognized.
I am absolutely sure that this game will be one of the best games out there. But as long as you are alone, you really shouldn't move to another engine like Unreal. It would become too confusing, from rpgm to ren'py to Unreal... and if you would re-rework Ep1 again, some people literally would like to kill you, because of waiting time... :)))

fenixblack

Oct 22, 2017
The creation of the first episode on the engine similar to RPGM took me about six months. Some time from this took the production of the engine itself. Now I understand that I wasted my time on my 2D engine. It would be better; instead, I would make a game on an Unreal Engine. I have some experience with it. The difference is that the graphics would be worse than the renderers. Although they could be combined. Monica walking in 3D and rendered arts during dialogues. Or 3D motion capture equipment and full-fledged animated dialogues like in the "Witcher 3" :)
Everything is possible; I have all these required skills :)
The main problem is time. It can be the coolest 3D game on the market, but with the first version in a year :)
Where is the optimal balance of time and quality?

At the very beginning, I generally did a game for a fan. Many first renderers had flaws. The gameplay at first turned miserable. But experience comes.
I hope that the game will get better with each version and will be recognized.
Maybe you can add some samples with the unreal engine as an extra for higher tier patreons if you have some spare time ;) would love to see those sometime

Ragnaroekr

Apr 26, 2017
Maybe you can add some samples with the unreal engine as an extra for higher tier patreons if you have some spare time ;) would love to see those sometime
oooooh come on... how much do you want to suffer? isn't it enough already ;)

Ragnaroekr

Apr 26, 2017
After the first version was released on RPGM like engine, and it was slow (even before optimizing the speed of movement and skipping) I received a letter on my website threatening to kill me. :WutFace:

As I understand it, this is because the game was slow. But I did not think that making games are so dangerous. So doing a new rework is a considerable risk. Perhaps I will continue the game on Ren'Py. And I will please players with new versions more often. So safer. x'D :winkytongue:
:OhMyGoodness: whut? someone really threatened you?! wtf?!
I think I speak for all of us, when I say that I hope you just continue your amazing game! :) Everybody is curious of course, what happens to Monica after Ep1. :tf:

Luzifer22

Oct 16, 2017
I have the first episode now completely through, the end of Episode 1 is really shitty. Even though you know what an arrogant bitch she was, in the end she really does feel sorry for me, and not just because I somehow liked her arrogant style somehow, but because I think she's really hot. I really hope she gets her old life again sometime!!!!! :cryingface::cryingface::cryingface::':)':)'(

BKKK

Jun 6, 2017
And lets hope the Patreon review is also favourable (site currently under review by the thought police)

Jowyy

Donor
Oct 14, 2017
In recent days, they have suspended a lot of creators pages. Many of them have already returned. I hope soon my page will be unsuspended too :)
This is because of the last posts with semi-nude pictures :)
1This is a fragment of a message send me from other developer. The bad news is the public download link for the game will now be behind a $1 paywall. I'm doing this to hopefully prevent further issues with Patreon's Community Guidelines on Adult Content. Specifically, there is a rules that states "... all public content on your page be appropriate for all audiences. Content with mature themes must be marked as a patron-only post." Obviously this isn't my preferred way of doing things, but for the time being that's how it is. Apologies. This includes links to other pages. It seems like some devs are getting away with having public download links, others aren't. The enforcement of that rule appears to be a bit hit and miss, so I'm taking the safer route. So now even links are dangerous in public posts ,

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
In recent days, they have suspended a lot of creators pages. Many of them have already returned. I hope soon my page will be unsuspended too :)
This is because of the last posts with semi-nude pictures :)
The game is fantastic in renpy, please keep it the in this engine.

kansasdude

Sep 13, 2017
I fell under the wave of suspending for adult content freely available. All adult content must be hidden behind at least 1$ paywall.
I made the necessary changes and waiting for unblocking. I hope it will be from day to day.
Stay up to date!
any news on an update (like how soon)? oh and maybe have the date of each upload on OP (like other games have)

and are updates monthly?

Ragnaroekr

Apr 26, 2017
any news on an update (like how soon)? oh and maybe have the date of each upload on OP (like other games have)

and are updates monthly?
DecentMonkey planned to release the update in the next days, so maybe end of this week. I don't know exactly, but it should come these days.

Because the dev didn't create this thread, changes (of release date, language) can't be done by him.

As far as I know, DecentMonkey plans do to the updates monthly, or better, at a rate of 4-6 weeks. There should be approx. 5 updates to come to finish Ep1 in ren'py. After that he promised to continue with Ep2 at once. Some pages ago he said that his script goes to Ep3. :tf:

So, while Ep1 will has the same storyline as the rpgm version had, but with far more content, in Ep2 we should see a lot of action with Monica herself. :)

Grown

Feb 5, 2018
@DecentMonkey
Did not play much of this right now, but have to say, I like the make over. Nice work.

I really like the possibility of choices to be nice or a bitch.
Does it impact the game already or is it planned for the future?

Ragnaroekr

Apr 26, 2017
@DecentMonkey
Did not play much of this right now, but have to say, I like the make over. Nice work.

I really like the possibility of choices to be nice or a bitch.
Does it impact the game already or is it planned for the future?
It has no influence on the game in v0.1, but in 0.2 decisions will influence the progress of the game.

Luzifer22

Oct 16, 2017
What I find a little stupid, you can not choose the clothes and you can not "only" in underwear leave the room completely naked.

Luzifer22

Oct 16, 2017
What I find a little stupid, you can not choose the clothes and you can not "only" in underwear leave the room completely naked.

3.50 star(s) 218 Votes