Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Or just make your own game. Anyone this eager to pick up a game that isn't theirs is sus in my book, especially one that already doesn't know how to use Ren'Py.
If you don't have what it takes to make your own, you don't got what it takes to do it justice trying to continue it.

verdentta

Nov 24, 2018
Or just make your own game. Anyone this eager to pick up a game that isn't theirs is sus in my book, especially one that already doesn't know how to use Ren'Py.
If you don't have what it takes to make your own, you don't got what it takes to do it justice trying to continue it.
I mean valid point but renpy engine isn't hard to learn. I just don't think there's any point in me learning it if I can't draw properly to meet the standards for this game. And yea, it's not doing any justice, but it's still way better than having it be abandoned forever no?

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
I mean valid point but renpy engine isn't hard to learn. I just don't think there's any point in me learning it if I can't draw properly to meet the standards for this game. And yea, it's not doing any justice, but it's still way better than having it be abandoned forever no?
No, it isn't. Think of all the reboot movies out there and 10-year gap sequels to classic trilogies. Leaves a bad taste in your mouth, doesn't it? Now imagine if those sequels and reboots were done by companies with even less money and talent. You'd feel like it was better off left alone, wouldn't you?
Now think back to this game. Think back to what you love about it. Imagine someone coming in and adding whatever. It's not quite as good as the original. The character and story feels off. There's an annoying addition that you don't think fits but rears its head constantly. Maybe the guys coming in makes it so MC likes their favorite character and neglects the rest. Or all the girls become so similar that you can't tell them apart by how they talk and MC just exists. There's sex scenes aplenty, but the art kinda sucks and the writing is even worse. Plot stands still or goes into a direction that never seems to go anywhere. How interested are you in seeing that continue?

See, the other thing I couldn't help notice is that you only mentioned art and programming. This is a story heavy game and it isn't clear if you intend to write or if you expect someone to write, but someone has to. If you don't value it, you don't have the mindset to make a visual novel. And that's not the kind of person I want working on someone else's game.

Last edited:
Reactions: lots`o`fap

verdentta

Nov 24, 2018
No, it isn't. Think of all the reboot movies out there and 10-year gap sequels to classic trilogies. Leaves a bad taste in your mouth, doesn't it? Now imagine if those sequels and reboots were done by companies with even less money and talent. You'd feel like it was better off left alone, wouldn't you?
Now think back to this game. Think back to what you love about it. Imagine someone coming in and adding whatever. It's not quite as good as the original. The character and story feels off. There's an annoying addition that you don't think fits but rears its head constantly. Maybe the guys coming in makes it so MC likes their favorite character and neglects the rest. Or all the girls become so similar that you can't tell them apart by how they talk and MC just exists. There's sex scenes aplenty, but the art kinda sucks and the writing is even worse. Plot stands still or goes into a direction that never seems to go anywhere. How interested are you in seeing that continue?

See, the other thing I couldn't help notice is that you only mentioned art and programming. This is a story heavy game and it isn't clear if you intend to write or if you expect someone to write, but someone has to. If you don't value it, you don't have the mindset to make a visual novel. And that's not the kind of person I want working on someone else's game.

You make valid points but you're only seeing the downsides of a remake. You're only mentioning examples of remakes that went horribly wrong. And yes, there are many examples of it. But you're also downplaying the fact that there are also many examples of remakes that have gone on to being very successful, if not even better than the original.

"Now think back to this game. Think back to what you love about it."
- This is exactly what I mean! You're telling me to think back to this game and what I love about it which makes no sense because when I do think back about this game, all I can think about is how it tragically ended without no appropriate ending to suffice it.

And you are right, this is a story heavy game, that's something that both the artist and programmer can work on together. There are plenty of talented people out there who can program it, create very nice art and deliver a great storyline, but at the end of the day, it's really about whether they have the drive and effort to put into it. If a remake does happen, you can always choose not to experience it yourself because of your opinion that remakes are just utter trash compared to originals. My goal if anything, is to see this game continue one day if possible. (shrugs)

CUNTBLAZER420

Jan 24, 2020
Personally, I'm still not done holding out hope that Ancho will return one day. If that day ever happens, you know I'll be subscribing to his top tier on patreon. Aside from waiting for his return though, the best thing we as fans of the game can do for it is keep its memory alive. Keep the thread active, keep the positive reviews coming, keep recommending it to people, and make sure the download links are in working order. Ancho used to be active on here and on the off-chance he ever checks in, we should all be here to show him that an audience for his game both still exists and is hungry for more.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
You make valid points but you're only seeing the downsides of a remake. You're only mentioning examples of remakes that went horribly wrong. And yes, there are many examples of it. But you're also downplaying the fact that there are also many examples of remakes that have gone on to being very successful, if not even better than the original.

"Now think back to this game. Think back to what you love about it."
- This is exactly what I mean! You're telling me to think back to this game and what I love about it which makes no sense because when I do think back about this game, all I can think about is how it tragically ended without no appropriate ending to suffice it.

And you are right, this is a story heavy game, that's something that both the artist and programmer can work on together. There are plenty of talented people out there who can program it, create very nice art and deliver a great storyline, but at the end of the day, it's really about whether they have the drive and effort to put into it. If a remake does happen, you can always choose not to experience it yourself because of your opinion that remakes are just utter trash compared to originals. My goal if anything, is to see this game continue one day if possible. (shrugs)
I'm not seeing only the downsides, I'm trying to highlight the fact that even people with experience, money, and good actors isn't enough to make a good remake or sequel. It's extremely unlikely that you, or anyone other than Ancho, is going to get the game to a point where it feels like a proper continuation. It's been remarked by people that Ancho's oddly organized and consistent in his efforts. Dude had like the right combination of skills and drive to make everything work.

The thing is that while everyone has their own strengths, they also have their own pace and style. It's going to be extremely difficult to try to match the pacing and feel of the game, especially if you have multiple hands involved. It's not just a matter of coding, drawing, and writing, but also how effectively the team works together, which takes leadership and management skills. With whoever getting involved not having a personal stake in this project, there's nothing really binding them.
I can't imagine this project being even a mediocre success if you, who's supposed to be handling code, isn't even prepared for the role. What happens if your artist bails or loses interest? Do you refuse to continue learning Ren'Py until someone else steps up? And what if the story and art guy consistently is on top of things, but you're not because Ren'Py is harder than it looks and they get tired of waiting for you? It doesn't look good.

But if you really have a creative passion, you should probably work on some small original projects to even see if game development is something you even want to do. How much of a massive waste of time would it be for everyone else involved if, after some time, you decide you don't like your role and no one else steps up? You're pitching a big ask to the void asking for someone with good art skills while you only offer the promise of learning skills you don't already have. I would think my fears are very grounded.

Jun 7, 2023
I also liked Ancho's project management. His art style got cleaner and more vibrant, his animations got better, his chapters got bigger. But he kept it in check, the gap between episodes was never too crazy, and he never mentioned any desire to remake the game, just kept going forward (of course, hell of a lot harder to remake with hand-drawn art than 3d renders, but still). Like I love What a Legend! and appreciate the ambition and the crazy amount of work that goes into an episode, but the time it takes to make an episode is just too long.

Most of this is correct. But after he finished chapter 10,he was getting ready to redo/revamp early chapters. He had mentioned it on his Patreon before he deleted everything. Like redoing/ revamping early chapters was going to be done before continuing the story.

Reactions: BigBobIsHere

ApexAlex

Apr 18, 2020
Is there any chance the game continues? There is nothing in Anchi's Patreon Page.
Very unlikely.

Ancho was disheartened by the rise of AI art that made games easier to produce and the fact his Patreon and game didn't take off like he intended and wasn't able to sustain himself on patreon donations full-time.

So spending his free time to draw the art on a game that wasn't making the money he wanted while working a full-time job when AI games were pulling in just as much or more money pushed him to call it quits.

I hope he returns, he has left me unsatisfied without a good Morgan sex scene, but I doubt he'll be back.

WadeWilsoon

Oct 1, 2019
Very unlikely.

Ancho was disheartened by the rise of AI art that made games easier to produce and the fact his Patreon and game didn't take off like he intended and wasn't able to sustain himself on patreon donations full-time.

So spending his free time to draw the art on a game that wasn't making the money he wanted while working a full-time job when AI games were pulling in just as much or more money pushed him to call it quits.

I hope he returns, he has left me unsatisfied without a good Morgan sex scene, but I doubt he'll be back.
Good Morning Good Morgan sex scene

It's too bad. He was one of the finer developers we have lost in past years with Nopy. As this industry grow and as long as it involves easy money rather than good art, shittier works will come out and good developers will give up due to unbalanced competetion.

Reactions: Ntrsugar
4.60 star(s) 71 Votes