• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

starboy66

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
On my 0.5.0 release I always planned to re-evaluate where I am and where I will go from here.

I currently only have 1 patron on Patreon and if I do not get more people supporting the game (its not about the money but the interest) I am going to put the game on hiatus or highly de-prioritize working on it.

So if you like the game please become a patreon

I just can't spend 30 or so hours a week on a game people are not that interested in and need to spend that time somewhere more valuable.

allwdis

Jul 31, 2018
On my 0.5.0 release I always planned to re-evaluate where I am and where I will go from here.

I currently only have 1 patron on Patreon and if I do not get more people supporting the game (its not about the money but the interest) I am going to put the game on hiatus or highly de-prioritize working on it.

So if you like the game please become a patreon

I just can't spend 30 or so hours a week on a game people are not that interested in and need to spend that time somewhere more valuable.
I don't know if that's a fair outlook until you hit v1.0, but that's only my opinion, no hate intended. And that's for all game developers.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Looks like you'll have to start over as save files are fucked. Traceback when entering bar or wizards tower if you are already in the bar then it'll crash when trying to charm.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: botc76
Jul 30, 2018
you have a good start on this game but in order for you to attract more intrest for patrons you need to flesh out the game a little more and give them some info and more scenes not to push it but i wont even release my first version of the game im making until i get a fair amount of content done and have tons of setup for future content ive played alot of games people have released over time and i have seen some skyrocket in popilarity that shouldnt have and some fail miserably that shouldnt have because of the content people release on the games it gets to the point where people slack on the content which causes the games to fail and other games that the stories are crap release alot of scenes and content and end up being popuilar because of the content not so much the story just put out more conetent on the game give people more info about where your going and im sure your game will make a splash

starboy66

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I don't know if that's a fair outlook until you hit v1.0, but that's only my opinion, no hate intended. And that's for all game developers.
I just don't have time to spare to work over a year on a game to see if anyone is interested. I am just some guy doing this on his time not getting paid. I am not a game company. I actually lose money developing this game.

katarne04

Jun 9, 2017
neat game. theres a few grinds. its simple and if I focus on 1 thing at a time for days, I can get what I want. I am on Day 88 after about 3hours in -i think-. the time progression can be worked by backtracking on wasted time to do other better things. like if you don't find anything in the forest, roll back, and search the library or something. still finding more content to do. Next night after sleeping, I had a visit from the demoness.

I haven't beaten the band of Orcs yet. not sure what that lead to. seems they only out at night in the forest.

the combat is looks like it RNG but backtracking does NOT change the hit/miss or damage done.

Finding books MAY BE linked with the INT stat. I am finding wwwaayyyy more books to sell in the market with INT 25+

I bought a Magic Book in the market for 200sp then got an error. keeping it in my inventory for now I guess. fyi -The Market Magic Book became available AFTER I found the Magic Book in the library.

Any sex scenes in this game or am I wasting my time? If yes, how many hours of content are there?
theres at least one sex scene now in this game. gotta raise the charm stat for it in the tavern + random charm books in the library for that one. seems you gotta work the relationships too.

the whole purpose of this game is to have the MC have sex with over 100 women or so. the sexomancer schtick is an interesting approach & I think its the better game than other games like it - "MC needs to have sex with 100 women!" ...well, i like the adventure parts

i'll keep an eye on how this game progresses.

Reactions: starboy66

enkephalin07

Dec 13, 2017
What a fucking letdown. Should've known when the game withheld the scenes and heaped discouraging drudgery on the player just for a promise that the promise what all you'd get. All that horseshit from a short-sighted and talentless game developer is rewarded with (not implemented).

Jul 30, 2018
What a fucking letdown. Should've known when the game withheld the scenes and heaped discouraging drudgery on the player just for a promise that the promise what all you'd get. All that horseshit from a short-sighted and talentless game developer is rewarded with (not implemented).
dude you need to stop your BS if a developer wants to take their time building a game and slowly let people see shit it doesnt mean the game is crap like you think if you want to start talking shit like you are go make your own game and see how difficult it is to build a game from scratch stop your horseshit talk its people like you that discourage new devs from trying go build your own game or go back to jerking off to hello kitty crap

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I just don't have time to spare to work over a year on a game to see if anyone is interested. I am just some guy doing this on his time not getting paid. I am not a game company. I actually lose money developing this game.
we all do.
nobody cant reach a thousand $ per month in just 3 or 4 months.
unless you already own the freaking high tech material (huge pc with strong GC and shit), most of dev count on patreon to improve their setting computer.
its an important point to take into consideration : "you aint gonna be rich quickly."

creating a game take time, cost alots of money and is not a garantee of success.

this is for absolutly every game devlopers, even the AAA company lost money when they do game, and no garantee to succeed.
the only difference is that the AAA company take risk to ask lots of money to the bank to buy the great materials, then lost years to finish the game before releasing it .

if you dont want to spare half a year on a game to see peoples start liking it. then the only solutions are :

- stop doing the game
- work super hard and bring the most bigger and crazy update ever seen and finish the game.

thoses are the 2 almost garantee points of success for futur patrons.

good luck.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: jrc82

starboy66

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I am not asking for other people's advise here on how I should I prioritize my life. I understand people mean well but my life priorities might not be the same. I wouldn't tell anyone else that their prioritizes are wrong. I could go on and on about the reason I am making this decision, and the trade offs on my opportunity costs that I am giving up and if it's better to do fast iteration of a product or a "big bang" release.

If you can spend the time and want to do that. That's great for you. I would not tell someone you are doing it "wrong" and that you have to live your life like I want to live mine.

Based on many factors that I am not going to go into I think my time is more important spent on other projects and priorities based on what I see.

we all do.
nobody cant reach a thousand $ per month in just 3 or 4 months.
[/spoiler]
I never said that. In fact I made it clear it's not really about the money. It's more about the interest.

My plan has always been to see at about this point what the interest level was and if it was building or not. It seems to me at this point interest is not building.

if you dont want to spare half a year on a game to see peoples start liking it. then the only solutions are :
I have spent more than half a year already.

starboy66

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
neat game. theres a few grinds. its simple and if I focus on 1 thing at a time for days, I can get what I want. I am on Day 88 after about 3hours in -i think-. the time progression can be worked by backtracking on wasted time to do other better things. like if you don't find anything in the forest, roll back, and search the library or something. still finding more content to do. Next night after sleeping, I had a visit from the demoness.

I haven't beaten the band of Orcs yet. not sure what that lead to. seems they only out at night in the forest.

the combat is looks like it RNG but backtracking does NOT change the hit/miss or damage done.

Finding books MAY BE linked with the INT stat. I am finding wwwaayyyy more books to sell in the market with INT 25+

I bought a Magic Book in the market for 200sp then got an error. keeping it in my inventory for now I guess. fyi -The Market Magic Book became available AFTER I found the Magic Book in the library.

theres at least one sex scene now in this game. gotta raise the charm stat for it in the tavern + random charm books in the library for that one. seems you gotta work the relationships too.

the whole purpose of this game is to have the MC have sex with over 100 women or so. the sexomancer schtick is an interesting approach & I think its the better game than other games like it - "MC needs to have sex with 100 women!" ...well, i like the adventure parts

i'll keep an eye on how this game progresses.
THanks for the constructive feedback

Yes INT helps you find books. It should say that like "(int)" showing it uses an int stat. I like the player to understand what stat is being used. also it color codes it to know roughly how hard it is.

There are 4 sex scenes currently Jule, Orc Hostage, Xandra and Jezzara

And no not 100 but 10 charters to have sex with. Does it say 100 someplace?

My plan for the game was 25 total possible to have sex with and you need 10 out of the 25.

Reactions: Canto Forte

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I am not asking for other people's advise here on how I should I prioritize my life. I understand people mean well but my life priorities might not be the same. I wouldn't tell anyone else that their prioritizes are wrong. I could go on and on about the reason I am making this decision, and the trade offs on my opportunity costs that I am giving up and if it's better to do fast iteration of a product or a "big bang" release.

If you can spend the time and want to do that. That's great for you. I would not tell someone you are doing it "wrong" and that you have to live your life like I want to live mine.

Based on many factors that I am not going to go into I think my time is more important spent on other projects and priorities based on what I see.

I never said that. In fact I made it clear it's not really about the money. It's more about the interest.

My plan has always been to see at about this point what the interest level was and if it was building or not. It seems to me at this point interest is not building.

I have spent more than half a year already.
god... the first part of this message sound very like an "i give up, that's all."

how do you know about the interest ?
tons of peoples play and enjoy games without saying a word, they dont post comment, they dont review, they dont pledge, they dont do anything but lurk around silently and enjoy games. soo, yeah, i dont know how do you base yourself about this.

just saying... giving up (even on a long "on hold") will give you a bad reputation in futur. of course we understand that we cant always do what we want for some reasons, but well, most of devs who go this way never end good and futur is harder.

your decision anyway, i m not gonna tell you what to do. i just give advice and shit :p

Reactions: botc76 and jrc82
2.70 star(s) 14 Votes