starboy66

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Ohhhh, okay, I didn't know there was a charm roll after the date, that makes sense now. Thank you for the quick response. Now I don't feel as bad about it lol.
Also thank you for the quick response on the other questions/comments.
It's a great question. I don't want to "hide" my rolls. So that was a place I was doing it and I should not be because it's causing confusion.

I don't want people not know why something did or did not fail.

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
I get an Error when I want to buy the Magic Book.
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 448, in script call
call marketMenu from _call_marketMenu
File "game/locations/market.rpy", line 16, in script call
call market_buy from _call_market_buy
File "game/locations/market.rpy", line 39, in script
$ magicBookEvent.completed = True
File "game/locations/market.rpy", line 39, in <module>
NameError: name 'magicBookEvent' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 448, in script call
call marketMenu from _call_marketMenu
File "game/locations/market.rpy", line 16, in script call
call market_buy from _call_market_buy
File "game/locations/market.rpy", line 39, in script
File "D:\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\FantasyTown-0.6.1b-win\renpy\ast.py", line 896, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\FantasyTown-0.6.1b-win\renpy\python.py", line 1929, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/locations/market.rpy", line 39, in <module>
NameError: name 'magicBookEvent' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.1.457
Fantasy Town 0.6.1b
Tue Apr 02 19:31:47 2019

starboy66

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
i got the same traceback using a fresh install new game.
I get an Error when I want to buy the Magic Book.
Found the bug I renamed a variable without changing it in one place... Damn languages that don't check things like that at compile time!!

I will have a 0.6.2 out soon with that and maybe a few other minor changes.

THANK YOU!!! I don't have time to regression test the whole game so I only can test the code where it is new. So I depend on others helping me on finding regression issues.

Reactions: HorizonD

Saylor

Jul 1, 2018
You have the bones of a great game here. The areas you've"fleshed out" (sex pun intended) are great.

starboy66

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
You have the bones of a great game here. The areas you've"fleshed out" (sex pun intended) are great.
Thanks so much!! I have most of the core code done now. Now its just banging out content to fill it up.

Hey I have this Patreon page you might want to check out *PLUG*

Oct 29, 2018
You have to go through a certain dialog branch. I know this isn't consistent with how the other NPCs work. I am looking to change it when I get back to her.
Can we have a hint as to what that dialog branch is? I have tried every combination I can think of ... unless it needs to be "fixed" ... I am also assuming Miya is the 5th sex scene (or maybe she should have been the first since, you know, her profession ...lol) .

Reactions: ecoli

Dhal9

Jul 13, 2017
So I'm about 100% sure Miya is broken gotten her to 100 affection and both working at temple and hanging out with her say that affection will no longer increase and that you should talk with her but when I do dialogue goes up to her saying I feel the same way then the dialogue ends I never get a choice and I've only played the current version of 0.6.2.

evil_lep

Nov 3, 2018
So I'm about 100% sure Miya is broken gotten her to 100 affection and both working at temple and hanging out with her say that affection will no longer increase and that you should talk with her but when I do dialogue goes up to her saying I feel the same way then the dialogue ends I never get a choice and I've only played the current version of 0.6.2.
Same

Aug 9, 2018
Can we have a hint as to what that dialog branch is? I have tried every combination I can think of ... unless it needs to be "fixed" ... I am also assuming Miya is the 5th sex scene (or maybe she should have been the first since, you know, her profession ...lol) .
Having the same issue.

I'm also 120-odd days in and still haven't seen a band of Orcs.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Haha, I read the changelog and thought it said plague in courtyard. :eek:

bigmen

Jan 17, 2018
Still cant get Miya to pass from 100 affection points. Got Helena, Jule, Haggatha, Sanria and Jezzara lovers.

2.70 star(s) 14 Votes