VN Ren'Py Abandoned Family Matters [v0.3a] [PingPanda]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Carlo S

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
May 20, 2017
@PingPanda: When someone talk about a game, giving some tips or talking what like to see, is the better sign, it's because many like your game, and only are telling You what pleases the most, if all Dev had that luck, and hear the majority, we'll have have only great games. ;);):)

Reactions: Vik_Brenner_66

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
@PingPanda I appreciate you taking the time to publish a release and to listen to feedback. I really like your game and can't wait for more content. Maybe you could add an option so we can select both paths (domination and love) at the same time, as it was in the previous version... just a thought though. Keep up the good work. :)
The issue I'd have with that is it would pretty much take me back to the old system as to have both love and domination would mean each option would need it's own tag again...that being said, there may be something I can write into it that'll make it work, but it wouldn't be 100% like the original.

I do have an idea that'll make the old system a lot more manageable and would keep both love and domination path's available, but it'll mean re-coding the game again and at this point it's not something I'd be looking to do to be fair, would be fair to those who've contributed for content just to get 2 months of no new scenes.

It may be an option in the future though, if I can figure out a way to implement it into this system I'll be damn sure to do it :p

Reactions: Herapa

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
@PingPanda: When someone talk about a game, giving some tips or talking what like to see, is the better sign, it's because many like your game, and only are telling You what pleases the most, if all Dev had that luck, and hear the majority, we'll have have only great games. ;);):)
I agree, I love hearing peoples comments and what needs changing, I just wish I could implement them all :p Life will be so much easier when I get a second machine, I spend far to much time surfing the next than doing rendering it's unreal, so as soon as I get a new machine, even just a little shitty one for surfing, I'll be rendering non-stop 24/7 ( ish, probs wont render while I'm sleeping :p )

NyuNyu

Oct 8, 2017
ill bide my time and wait a wee bit i'll just.......you know........stalk in the background

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
ill bide my time and wait a wee bit i'll just.......you know........stalk in the background
Tis a good idea, by v0.4 I hope to have a content write & a new machine, which'll mean v0.4 will be the biggest yet, so hang around till at least then xD

danny19

Jul 20, 2017
mom after wine in her room no matter which choice ends my game just like last version.what am i doing wrong?

Reactions: Cblow

Herapa

Donor
Sep 10, 2017
The issue I'd have with that is it would pretty much take me back to the old system as to have both love and domination would mean each option would need it's own tag again...that being said, there may be something I can write into it that'll make it work, but it wouldn't be 100% like the original.

I do have an idea that'll make the old system a lot more manageable and would keep both love and domination path's available, but it'll mean re-coding the game again and at this point it's not something I'd be looking to do to be fair, would be fair to those who've contributed for content just to get 2 months of no new scenes.

It may be an option in the future though, if I can figure out a way to implement it into this system I'll be damn sure to do it :p
That's all I'm asking for. Just keep up the good work. :)

riexor

May 27, 2017
Great renders and cool concept so far. Interesting to see pregnancy options, not a huge fan of it, but definitely interesting to see consequences of blowing up inside someone in one of these games. :p

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
@PingPanda
just to be clear, I like the game. I'm even a patreon. i suppose that most of the people here are talking with you because they like your game.

However i don't understand your idea to disable the path by default. So if i'm right you are trying to keep a record of all the choices of the player. I agree that it is quite impossible.

i don't understand why you are not going for a simpler approach:
every time the player goes for a domination choices you can increase a counter by 1 (regardless what it is).
When you arrive at new scene the player will be able to select the dominant choice only if the counter is high enough.

scene A
love choice always on
dominant choice on only visible but selectable only if dominant>XXX

It makes completely sense because if you don't have dominate the characters earlier in the game for small stuffs, they will not obey you for bigger ones.

For the pregnancy is different is a type of content that some people really like to avoid so your idea is fine IMHO. However maybe you can allow people keep it on but introduce a way to avoid it even during the game like a simple check during the pregnancy scene: "are you sure?".

Leave the initial menu, because some people will prefer eliminate domination/pregnancy from the start, but IMHO you can handle easily teh problem with the suggestions above.

Sorry for the terrible English

Reactions: Mikedazz1

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
@PingPanda
just to be clear, I like the game. I'm even a patreon. i suppose that most of the people here are talking with you because they like your game.

However i don't understand your idea to disable the path by default. So if i'm right you are trying to keep a record of all the choices of the player. I agree that it is quite impossible.

i don't understand why you are not going for a simpler approach:
every time the player goes for a domination choices you can increase a counter by 1 (regardless what it is).
When you arrive at new scene the player will be able to select the dominant choice only if the counter is high enough.

scene A
love choice always on
dominant choice on only visible but selectable only if dominant>XXX

It makes completely sense because if you don't have dominate the characters earlier in the game for small stuffs, they will not obey you for bigger ones.

For the pregnancy is different is a type of content that some people really like to avoid so your idea is fine IMHO. However maybe you can allow people keep it on but introduce a way to avoid it even during the game like a simple check during the pregnancy scene: "are you sure?".

Leave the initial menu, because some people will prefer eliminate domination/pregnancy from the start, but IMHO you can handle easily teh problem with the suggestions above.

Sorry for the terrible English
I thought about doing it with a point system, but that proved even harder, lets say you get up to 10 domination points, then you have to do an option for each point, like what if you're at the stage where you could have collected 10, but you only have 8, then you have to do a scene for 7 points, 8 points, 9 points and so on.

It may just be me, I might be looking at it all backwards :p

Also your English was perfect :p

Reactions: wep

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
I thought about doing it with a point system, but that proved even harder, lets say you get up to 10 domination points, then you have to do an option for each point, like what if you're at the stage where you could have collected 10, but you only have 8, then you have to do a scene for 7 points, 8 points, 9 points and so on.

It may just be me, I might be looking at it all backwards :p

Also your English was perfect :p
naaah you are crazy:winkytongue: LOL
if you have 10 points you can continue on the domination route, if you have even 9 you are out.

It is a visual novel not a sand-box game. i mean your idea is great. I love it, but it is impossible to do for you alone. Now I have understand where is the problem. LOL

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
And it will not be strange at all. I mean you need to make the first domination choices very soft and not effect so much the affection variable. So when the player fail with the domination (If) it will be plausible move to the affection route.

So the default will be the affection route and the player need to work hard to go for the domination (as in the "real life")

Edit: No actually now I see a problem.
At same point if the domination point is higher enough you need to block the affection route.

So probably the best it is too leave the choice at the player for the first scenes and after that force them in the domination or affection route (like this 0.3 version)

it make sense they fear you so no affection route (it will be more a brainwashing).

Sorry for the long post

Last edited:

rararara

Jun 5, 2017
or used cheat console :

mom
maffection = xx
mfavors = xx
mdomination = xx
mlust = xx

sis
saffection = xx
sfavors = xx
sdomination = xx
slust = xx

aunt
aaffection = xx
afavors = xx
adomination = xx
alust = xx

Reactions: McCarsy

Carlo S

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
May 20, 2017
@PingPanda: I'm not complaining about the game, what I'm talking about is that the first version, the route is very good, no doubt what can be implemented is only if the players want domination (BDSM) and pregnancy, if most don't want , the points of domination may be just for trading for something. Example: to see the scene with Sis showing Her breasts, to look at Mom and Aunt, at the same time in the shopping, something like that. ;);):)

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
The issue I'd have with that is it would pretty much take me back to the old system as to have both love and domination would mean each option would need it's own tag again...
Why ? Take a look at your labels s04 and s05 by example. For me they are broke, but I don't see it as a failure, just as a proof that you try to learn, which is positive. So, as a coder, I'll give you my opinion. Please, don't take it bad, I'm not trying to belittle you, just to help you learn a little more ; I suck at English, so it will take me time to wrote this, which I wouldn't do if I don't thought that it worth it.

The main problem is that you seem to have misunderstood what the momdom (and the other flags like it) should mean. According to your code, you used them as "there was/will be a domination scene", while it should mean, "the player will have the possibility to have a domination scene".
They are generic flags and should be used only to open a possibility, never to assume that this possibility was used. Also, you check them way to early. They should be the last thing right before a possibility of domination.

So, lets take an example, the shopping scene in s04 and later the s05 label.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes