Ren'Py - Abandoned - False Hero [v0.39.1 Beta] [Enyo Eerie]

1. 2.00 star(s)

qwertyu12359

"The best corruption game you will ever play" is the very first sentence from the description. It sets up expectations that are FAR from being met. I played a bit beyond the intro, and I could sense that this would be neither a "game", nor would it lead to good corruption content.

The very first days, one woman that you have barely talked to 10 minutes arrives at your door in the middle of the night; she's apparently homeless and asks you if she can crash. Good opportunity for you because you have leverage over her? Nope, she becomes your roommate, no questions asked, and takes your bed while you sleep on the couch. You get nothing out of this; you are not the corruptor, you are the dominated.

In a good corruption game, you'd have choices that allow you to control this interaction. You could indeed play white knight if you think it allows you to build trust and gratitude. Or you could use your leverage and imply that you accept to have her in your apartment but she will have duties. Or simply coerce her into hate sex, convincing her that it's better than to be homeless and that she's welcome to find another place to stay at this hour of the night.

When I mentioned this on the thread, the dev' laconically replied, in a very broken English, that he wasn't interested in putting such choices in his game. However, it's a necessity to put complex and meaningful choices in a game which description ends with: "It's for you to decide". Visibly, the dev' chooses for your main character, and he chooses for him to be a laughably spineless guy, one who is apparently on his way to corrupt every girls around him. If you choose to believe it...

Some did believe it, and chose to support the Patreon, they are now regretting it because the updates are 5 minutes of content for a year of waiting. Next time, let's not ignore the redflags :lepew:

1 more star than the minimum rating for the character designs and the renders.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

TribalJOB

Milking Machine.
    Took one year to get an update worth 10 minutes of gameplay.
    Another one to add to the list of patreon scammers...
    Too bad because the renders are of good quality and the story to be good if the dev did not try to recycle 2 renders 15 times in the same scene.
    The narration of what is happening is no longer up to the quality that we can expect from a game these days.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

IamUnderman

A total farce. I was so sick of micro updates with 0 content in them that I waited a year, A YEAR for a meaningful amount of content to build up.

I download the game, see ONE scene of a girl putting on shorts in an attic and the content is over.

The game is so littered with notifications about prospective future content, WIP signs and brick walls that it is honestly pathetic. DO NOT SUPPORT OR WASTE TIME on this game.

Also; something, something nice graphics. It literally means nothing.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

liazz577

Promise update after promises after promises. The game is abandoned, the dev is only trying to milk his Patreon or someone new to the game by pretending to be active. U can find evidences of dev's pattern and behaviors from this thread. It's actually more entertaining to see what kind of lame excuses and empty promises the dev's gonna give his Patreon subs after every update announcements and delay than playing this game with broken Engrisk and based convos .
  5. 3.00 star(s)

PinkTurnsBlue

The game looks really nice, I very much enjoy the looks of the LI's and the lewd situations that are presented.
    I really dislike sandbox but here it is tolerable.
    The big problem is the gigantic blue balls you get from playing this one, it's over the top. On multiple occasions you put the tip in, only to come (and not cum ;)) to a full stop. Frustrating.
    The story and some of the dialogue are nonsensical.
    The progress in development goes by with the speed of a glacier.
    Mixed bag leaning towards not worth your time.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

Rayunar

For a 4 year old game there is barely any sexual content in it whatsoever. Yes, the graphics are nice and the story is passable but there is no pay off just blue balls. The dev breaks promise after promise about new content with endless excuses about having to polish everything. It's hard not to come to the conclusion that the dev is simply trying to string everyone along and continue to get patreon money. I'm surprised the mods haven't labeled it as abandoned because despite the devs promises it might as well be.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

sixpo2

This game has awesome graphics! Really nice story. Really good way of corruption. Still the gameplay could be a bit better. What was a really big disappointment is that the gallery mod does not working. I hope it will be fixed.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Durisaz

I have hard time rating this game. It's definitely best game, I wish I never played. Art is great and story is good but playing as this character made me feel dirty. How he enters his friend's house and uses the fact that they all trust him for manipulation. This game made me feel things, damn it.
    I admire it and I wholeheartedly hate it. 5/5
  9. 1.00 star(s)

Mossrock

"The best corruption game you will ever play, with the most beautiful and deeply-developed characters." Bruh...

"Oh no, a stranger! Let's hit him in the head with a baseball bat!"
    Stranger is out cold.
    Police arrives:
    "Oh officers! Save me! This brute was threatening me, assaulting me! It was self defense! I'm innocent!"
    Stranger wakes up, turns out he's friends with the officers.
    "Oh no, it was just a prank! I was just joking haha! We're totally friends! No problems here!
    Police leaves.
    So anyway that happened, I'm not telling you why I did that or anything! But I'm in trouble. Please don't go yet? No, not telling you why!"
    1 week later out of nowhere
    "Oh hey, I know we've only met once for like 10 minutes when I knocked you out cold, then lied to the police about you assaulting me, and I just woke you up in the middle of the night, but water under the bridge! Would you mind getting out of the way already? I've gotta sleep in your bed. You're sleeping on the couch. No, not telling you why. Good night!"

No, this is not a joke, nor satire. This is basically spoiler. The "stranger" is you, and in case you're wondering, you're perfectly fine with these random bullshit nonsense garbage developments.
    All of it.
    No exceptions.
    Not up to you to decide either. You'll like it because "yay she so sexi uwu show bob and vagene".

I've gotta give it to the dev, you have to have a LOT of confidence to try to pass surface level garbage off as "deeply developed characters" and call it the "best corruption game you'll ever play" when all the player can do is basically simp up to women, trying to coerce them to have sex with you, and fail repeatedly, until you finally succeed somehow...maybe, kinda.

Renders are nice, though few in number.
    Literally everything else is just so bad it makes me want to cry.
    Characters are shallow simpletons,
    the random story makes 0 sense,
    interactions are cringy as fuck,
    inner monologues are basically just mental gymnastics for you,
    every sentence you'll ever read is dry but at least you'll have pages of it for every render because quantity>quality,
    "choices" are fake and gay
    and the game mechanics are ENTIRELY unnecessary and only there to give you the illusion of "gameplay".

"The best" corruption game? That's terrible even for a joke. Even if you just wanted an "okay" game, you'd have to look elsewhere, because this isn't one of them. Never was, never will be.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

TheonS

One of the best corruption games I've played in a while. There are a few loopholes in the story but they didn't bother me enough to take the fun out of it. Models are gorgeous and you don't jump to sex directly but go further teasingly.
  11. 2.00 star(s)

Alloisius

The main problem I have about False Hero is that the situations are incredibly non-realistic and that takes you away from the story. Situations in the game can be summarized in this dialogue:
    MC: Do this thing you don't want to do
    Whoever: What, are you crazy? Why do you joke around like this, have you no shame (etc) (This is followed by a lengthy text of the person's thought in which she explains she does not want to but she will do it once even though it's so embarrassing.)
    MC: Do it.
    Whoever: (Another lengthy thought follows, with an idea similar to the previous one) OK, but please don't look.
    MC: Ok, I won't look.
    (more thoughts in between)
    MC: I really want to look.
    Whoever: This is too much, I'm leaving.
    MC: No, don't leave. I'm sorry.
    (more thoughts and meaningless conversations and actions back and forth)
    Whoever: I'm leaving, see you tomorrow.

She leaves.

Blueballs McGee (a.k.a. Sebastian or Sebastien depending on the scene) strikes again.

Choice is an illusion. I understand some people prefer to "play" (or read through) visual novels with no interaction, and that's fine. But if there are choices, they should be meaningful.

The time system also makes little sense. In order to talk about a specific subject you have to go talk to a girl at a specific time, all good in that regard. The main problem is you can only go in order. Subject1, subject2, etc, and non-repeatable. Also there are sudden changes: "Stay for breakfast" "Ok" -> Night

For me the idea of corruption is to little by little say things or choose actions that will tip the balance towards somebody wanting to do something they initially didn't want to do. Not just insisting like a stubborn kid and getting what the MC wants the second time they ask.

Models are good, but Blueballs McGee is creepy as fuck.
  12. 2.00 star(s)

elementary_scion

The character models are great, but I don't think this one was for me. Maybe the main issue is the relatively small number of renders which make the characters seem lifeless despite the model quality. Sometimes quite a bit of text will go by without any change in the expressions. I think an improvement to this would make for a better experience. The amount of responses in conversations felt quite limited and again there is the issue of relatively little variation in expression and angles that doesn't help distract from the fact that you are reading a lot of text. If that's your thing then maybe it's fine but didn't like it very much.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Bojon55

The emotional unhealthy dynamics between the characters and the the player are really hot. In reality it would be awful but as a game it's interesting to indulge in that. It's the perfect medium to explore different dynamics of dependence and how people can use them.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

MokuhFull

[review of v0.37]

We can all see it, the renders are gorgeous and so are the girls. But, what is the game worth?

Well, first problem for a heavily corruption centered game, we sadly can't do much. Most choices options are restricted to a) corrupt her and b) corrupt her while calling her pussy a cunt. Sebastian (the MC, who you can't rename unless using a mod, like wtf?) seems to like speaking crudely and that's pretty much all you, the player, can do. Oh, that and slapping tits for wathever reason. It's a shame for a corruption game not to exploit a wider range of fetishes (them being optionnal, obviously).
    The second thing that frustrates me are the girls being so talkative in their thoughts. Like, a lot. This because of Sebastian being such a crude asshole, they have to reassure themselves that they let him do it because how good it feels and how they like it and so on and so on. We get it devs.
    The girl are obedient, fully attracted to Sebastian, but the only job he does on them after they casually accept to get naked (like, way too early for some of them) is calling them naughty names that makes them blush. And that's all for the rest of the events.

Man, what a rollercoaster of blue balls. As you can understand, there's not much sexually active content in it, even though the dev can came up with very sexy situations.

Now that my rant is over, you have to understand that False Hero is still a great game to play. Just don't expect a quick fap. The interractions are good thanks to the depths of the girls. I'm just whishing for more possibilities, routes and choices, when it comes to sexual content. But the dev has already shown that he is intelligent and capable. It just takes time to produce quality. Godspeed!
  15. 2.00 star(s)

packor

Version: 0.37
    It's....wordy

[Story]- Dev's idea of corruption appears to be showing you the girl's state of mind changing as you converse with her. Every girl has a load of dialogue when you're trying to get through one scene. I think this is taught in school, but people have something called an attention span. Most of these lengthy dialogues occur while you have a chick naked or half naked. Of course, you're expecting some action, but then some of these scenes have 7 pages of dialogue, while they maintain the same state of dress with nothing really happening. And then, after you finally get through the dialogue, nothing ends up happening. I guess you're supposed to have "mental stimulation" with all this sex/corruption dialogue, but it certainly didn't happen.

[Gameplay]- I think they were trying to give it some non-linearity by having time cycles, but each characters' story is still driven by going to the right place, at the right time, in the correct order. It's more a hassle trying to figure out when and where than any actual fun. It did not help that you started with a linear intro and then get thrown immediately into the environment with no hints or guides. Maybe it'll feel better as additional content is added.

[Scenes]- The only part that kept me on the game. The models are VERY HOT. The chicks look familiar, like they're based on certain people(well you know twins are) or off another game. Unfortunately, in this version, there's not really any hard action, and you just have a lot of play. It all looked very good, however there's no animations. Coupled with all the work and reading(or skipping) required just to get to these scenes that leave you hanging, it was not very enjoyable.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

rickandmoekensn

some of the best visuals in the game but definitely a work in progress, once finished this will be a tier S game. The story is interesting and the UI is easy to navigate the girls models are unique and so is the guys, awesome game all around definatly worth the check out
  17. 3.00 star(s)

katmandomo

Version Reviewed: v0.37

Overview: Play as a sexual predator that is terrible at sealing the deal.

Story: You are a therapist that has decided to start corrupting the women in his life. Lucky for you they are all super horny for you, even if their natural fight or flight response tends to kick in whenever you open your mouth.

Honestly, this game feels pretty creepy to me. Your romance choices include:
    1. Your now married childhood friend, who was apparently quite a firebrand as a kid but is now torn between remaining loyal to her husband and listening to you.
    3. The "underage" daughter of said childhood friend.
    4-5. A pair of teenage sisters who run a small cafe. One of them is in a wheelchair.
    6. Your secretary, whom you decided was a submissive.
    7. A runaway who decided to randomly live with you.

And that's it. There are no side girls to flesh out the world, beyond the main character those 7 people are the only things that exist in the world.

I'm pretty sure the author is trying to build tension with the dialog by having the characters relentlessly re-state what is happening, what they are feeling, and how conflicted they are. If you can get into it maybe it works, but it veers into wheel spinning far too often IMHO. As of version 0.37 the actual sex content is fairly low, although the game is jam packed with voyeurism and has a decent amount of masturbation. The game is really bad in this version about getting right about to the point where a girl might be willing to go to the next step, and then hitting you with a "no more content for now." Either that or I'm missing something to unlock, like the twins have a bunch of greyed out events in the morning like going to the park and getting a checkup but trying all of their interactions in all timeslots just gives me a bunch of nope. The jailbait daughter also has a bunch of interaction options that never activate before the game locks you out of her house with a "all done for now" message.

Graphics: Beautiful. Outstanding. It's a good thing they look so nice because you're going to be staring at the same picture for a great many lines of text in most of the story segments.

Gameplay: It's one of those 5 slots per day find the trigger to advance the story games. It's pretty easy, everybody is on a rigidly fixed schedule and there aren't that many locations to check. Pretty much it is just "go to childhood friend's house at noon" or "talk to secretary at noon" to advance the plot. The game has a money system, but there is little to nothing to spend it on so it just accumulates over time.

Sex content: Voyeurism mostly. Slowly convincing girls to remove their clothes and then letting them get dressed again is as far as most of the storylines go. There is one drunken instance with the jailbait daughter that almost goes all the way but then it doesn't. The game has quite a number of "future story here" placeholders, which are usually a danger sign that the dev will abandon the project but after so many versions I hope this isn't the case.

Conclusion: The score is an average of the 5 star renders with the 1 star blue balling the player. It seems like the game is advancing quite slowly given the somewhat limited storylines despite such a large version number.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

oceanbobo4

Amazing game. Amazing visuals. Amazing psychology. Slow and relentless progression. True eroticism. This game creates a world and characters and situations that are believable and compelling. It is a masterpiece in progress.
  19. 2.00 star(s)

AbitDumb

To be honest, I'm very disappointed in this game. I expected a lot, based on the overall review score and the looks, but this isn't really that great of a game.

1. Writing is a deal-breaker for me.
      You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    2. Technicalities are a pain. What is the point of work? Like, why should I make money in the morning, since I can't use it? Is there any point for money to even be in the game? Is there any way to use it? And why does the "skip time" function only works sometimes? It always works on the map, but inside the Melanie house it only works until night, then you have to get out, and only then can you skip until late night, click "go home" button, and sleep. It could easily be one, continuously working "skip time button", that would force you out of the home if you shouldn't be able to access it (like late at night), and then, when clicked again, it would just become the morning of the next day. Same for the office. There's quite a bit of click fatigue, that feels pointless to me. This isn't a Paradox grand strategy game, it doesn't need so many sub-menus. It's such a chore to click on so many buttons just to get to the scene you want. When you wake up, you have to click on the tiny "street" button to get to the map. Then you have to click "work" to get into your office, where you have to click "workplace", since by default you're brought to a place where you can't o anything (it's not even a place you can access in any way, only by going to work, once inside you can't access "the entrance"). Then there's a small icon to work, that someone might not even see at first, you again have to click "work", except in a different menu, and skip some pointless text that no one is going to read, since it's absolutely pointless. You can also just skip time, since you don't actually need money, making the whole "work" thing even more pointless. With better design, you'd just be able to wake up, click on a big, handy "map" button, click "office" and just click "work", without this pointless room-to-room wandering. I'm just so used to the fact that it's how these games work, that seeing it be so different here made me a bit annoyed.
    3. This game looks fantastic. I think that visuals are this game's biggest strength. It looks incredible, with renders so pretty, that I could call them the best I've seen on this website, and I have seen A LOT on this website. The UI, even if a bit cumbersome, looks amazing and the visuals are easily capable of fooling anyone into believing that this is an AA visual novel title with some serious budget behind it. [I have now actually checked, and the dev gets 1,272 USD per month as I'm writing this, so I guess you could call it a serious budget, at least in porn games world]. The characters look very good, and they're responsible for getting my interest in this game in the first place. Even now, after playing it, I still can't get enough of the way it looks, I just adore it so much. Despite that, it sometimes feels like some renders are missing. Like during the Mark birthday party, where wine plays an important role in the story, but there isn't a single render where you can see it. In general, there could be more renders. They look wonderful, but seeing the same exact image a couple of times with different text doesn't work that well for me. The player has to really rely on his imagination to fill in the blanks, that most games fill with more, albeit lower quality renders.
    4. Is this even a true porn game? Simply put, there isn't much of it. I believe I've spent about 8 hours in game now, with a couple of breaks and trying a few different routes (which makes no difference, the choices only matter for a few clicks) and there was no sex at all. There were a few scenes with pussy touching (but you can't see the pussy), and one almost-sex with Tiffany, but all in all, these scenes are rare. I appreciate a slow-burner, which takes time to develop relationships between characters, to make the actual sex much more important and satisfying to the player, knowing there's some meaning behind it. But this isn't a slow burner, it's just a slog. The scenes that you get don't feel that impactful, since they feel more like an accidental success, rather than a result of your work and thoughtfulness. Almost-sex with Tiffany wasn't a result of MC actually understanding how she feels and trying to bond with her. It was him getting lucky, after saying nonsense while completely drunk and Tiffany acting more like a doll you can do anything with, rather than a rational human being. She wasn't even acting dumb because she was horny, she was JUST dumb. I don't understand how someone so assertive and unapproachable suddenly became pacified, as if shot with a taser by a colorblind policeman in the night. But I'm getting sidetracked by the writing again, so back to porn. Not only the quality of the renders matters, but amount too. And there's not enough of them here. There isn't even a gallery with random spicy images to escape to for a quick fap, nor any secrets to find, so you just have to force your way through a ton (2000 pounds for you uncivilized swine) of text of very questionable quality. All of this makes it feel like a chore to play this game, and lose interest over time, before you even reach actual porn.

Now that I revisited the game again, to make sure the review is right, I've remembered I actually played it already in the past, long ago. I also remembered abandoning this game, since I didn't enjoy it that much, and now I understand why. It's a beautiful game with a lot of incredible things that can happen, made unenjoyable with it's writing.

I regret that the F95zone.to® only lets you rate a game overall, without any sub-category like story and graphics, since that would really come in handy with a game as pretty and flawed as this one. But I'll work with what I have, hoping that people will actually read this review, understanding how I actually feel about this game. And it's a kind of love-hate relationship. And I hate it right now, but I'm sure I'll come back to it in a couple of days, loving it until I read some of its text and hate it again. Pretty graphics won't win me over.
  20. 1.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3966947

I don't know what happened with this game but as of v0.37, this game is going in a wrong direction.

Its story doesn't have any unexpectedness nor progress in relationships. As a result, it became so boring.

Renders with warm color temperature and dark theme looked cool at first. Most of renders are same renders, for example, with actor's head little twisted and mouth opened more. Many groups of 20-30 renders were made in that manner.

As for game mechanism, I don't understand why I have to click location buttons so many times. It's just requesting unnecessary user actions. Dev made a VN into a clicking game without a good reason.

Conclusion: boring stories, repeated renders, and unnecessary game mechanisms.