3.70 star(s) 9 Votes

Pattitto00

May 20, 2018
My feel is that combat is just a complement, really anybody wants de dev to be focussed in a combat system?? whatever happens I'm ok whith Alteus, at least he asked

demonfucker

May 27, 2017
well someone who has played the game the last soveriegn i believe that having dungeons in an adult game with rest spots and some mini story lines in them make the best games ive been an avid follower of the last sovereign and im glad someone is making creating a game similar to it ill be more than willing to test and play this game and give any feedback

Alteus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
Don't tell me you will change your game over the votes of this poll. I would rather you keep making the game YOU want to make but that's just my opinion.
Significant number of people voted against the RPG part. We are not gonna change the game but rather give them the possibility to skip the combat part if they like to. In my opinion it is the best approach to this. We would like to keep developing a game, that we enjoy developing but we also have to think about the players.

Aqqh

Jul 12, 2017
there should be a third option in this poll
in general, having a game that has a proper combat mechanics is new and cool
but if you have to go over exactly the same thing over and over and over again it quickly becomes boring

personally - Warrior lady told me I need 80 rep. Alright, I went on with that...
... only to find out, right after, that now I need to grind another 220 - playing exactly the same fights...

That's when I said, "no, thanks".

simple rule in game development - repetitiveness leads to boredom.

Reactions: Sourcream

Pattitto00

May 20, 2018
One idea about the combat , maybe a "skip" button and If you need to progress by the result of that combat you can give a random victory / fail result, based on difficulty level and your skills.

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
The new hall was a good idea, with the banhammer you 1hitkill anyone :FeelsGoodMan:

Alteus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
there should be a third option in this poll
in general, having a game that has a proper combat mechanics is new and cool
but if you have to go over exactly the same thing over and over and over again it quickly becomes boring

personally - Warrior lady told me I need 80 rep. Alright, I went on with that...
... only to find out, right after, that now I need to grind another 220 - playing exactly the same fights...

That's when I said, "no, thanks".

simple rule in game development - repetitiveness leads to boredom.
I understand your points. We would like to keep adding features to create more variety to the dungeon crawling. It just takes time. In the meantime if you have any suggestion on what would make the combat part more immersive for you, please feel free to share.

Reactions: Canto Forte

camberhorse

Feb 17, 2018
I rather liked the combat, and thought it helped make the game unique in a few ways. Simple though it is, at least it brings a form of gameplay more interesting than clicking 'talk about the weather' until 'romance' reaches 85, two points at a time. Most of the games here that feature some sort of gameplay have monotony and grind in some form, and personally I much prefer at least having stats and loot to think about, not to mention a little bit of choice in how I want to advance.

There's no question you could get bogged down forever trying to balance and tinker with the combat, which would probably be a waste of time. Keep it functional and perhaps further develop the damage type system you seem to have in mind, and I think it'll be perfectly serviceable.

I will echo the sentiment that you should make the game as you want it to be, though. Thinking about the players is all well and good, but it does tend to be glaringly obvious when developers try to make something just to please the crowd. Unless you're more disciplined and inventive than the average adult game dev, you risk poor integration or half-assed implementation. Sometimes it's better to show people what they didn't know they wanted rather than trying to make your game as average and broadly appealing as possible.

Reactions: Alteus
Aug 16, 2017
I gotta admit I am kinda shocked to see the poll above.

it makes no sense for a start as removing the dungeon crawl will only make this a VN as it will effectively remove the 'game' element. choosing a path through DoD or Lancaster boarding house is not gaming, its just choosing a path through a developing story, hence VN.

this plays more like a game with adult content. at the moment, this is what sets it apart from most others on this site. if peeps don't like this game then why do they download it? I don't even get why anyone would vote the negative in the poll as, if this is not the type of game for them, then why come here at all? there are hundreds of other feeds to download from instead.

an odd poll for an odd reason :hushedface:

Pattitto00

May 20, 2018
This is my Last post about the combat
" issue" just Want to show my point of view. Don't Want to bother you.

First thought : Sorry, this is a rpg forum? (Joke) . I take your "say Good morning 20 times Untill you trigger kiss event " and I give you "attack First round, attack second round, deffend 3th around, 4th round heal using potion, 5th round special attack you kill the enemy" and do it 20 times for trigger the kiss event. Sounds kinda boring right?

Second thought after a month you download last version "changelog for this version: no new story contend guys but we added a new weapon system".

Those games Have limited staff, for only VN games it takes enought work to develop their versions monthly, adding new features makes them more slow. That's why often use minigames.

I'm not a sore loser (instead my option is wining) only time would say what happens.

Polls appart we all Want this game to be succesful anyway.

Best whishes!

Aqqh

Jul 12, 2017
If you have any suggestion on what would make the combat part more immersive for you, please feel free to share.
more skills to use
coming either from special training
special weapons
or from followers.
Maybe the witch would be giving you some magical items or blessings granting you some abilities (like stun, disarm etc)

In my opinion, rage should be generated both when you take or deal damage - atm by the time it's finally getting full you're about done with clearing a dungeon...

well I do understand that it will be tricky to code and balance properly
but I do have a feeling you're trying to make something exceptional here - and for that full respect ;)

qwopp

Feb 26, 2018
The thing is, even huge game studios with a lot of budget struggle to make engaging combat systems.
It requires a lot of fine-tuning as not to feel unfair, tedious, too easy or too difficult, and developing something like that can take a lot of time.

That said, I believe anyone can believe an engaging story if only they have the means and creativity to tell it.
I think the setting and the story of the game are awesome so far and I'd rather see more focus on that rather than the combat system.

Just my two cents, anyways.

Reactions: Pattitto00

bugglebox

Jan 13, 2018
Is there no walkthrough? No idea what to do after I've killed the zombies and skeletons in the burial mound, killed the orc chief in the mines, and freed that fairy from the cage.

Alteus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
Dear All,

I am closing the current poll now.
774 vote arrived, which alone is an outstanding number. It is a fantastic feeling that so many people downloaded and played our game. Thank you for your time and your feedbacks!

About the results:
60 vs 40 percent voted against the RPG part. Again, it is totally understandable. You don't go to an italian restaurant to eat sushi, even if the sushi is nice there. On the other hand, we are trying create something unique here with the gameplay and we would also like to respect the people who voted for the RPG combat part.

We will keep developing both aspects of the game but with more focus on the adventure/adult content.The RPG combat will still be part of the game and we have several ideas already how to make it more immersive. I also would like to encourage everyone who currently skip that content to try and revisit it as we keep adding new elements.

I was honored to see the final numbers in the poll.
Stick with our game, I promise that we will provide quality content and great gaming experience for all of you.

Also, if you find it interesting and enjoyable please consider to support us in Patreon. :)

Kind regards

Alteus

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes