3.70 star(s) 9 Votes

Alteus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
2 potions of corruption and all skills mastered (I'm a bit OCD) . you can load the save I posted above. I'm just not sure how I broke it.

Alternatively, if someone can tell me what variables to change in renpy editor so i can continue, I'd do that too. I was griding for several hours to get the levels and gear, would hate to lose all the effort.
I will try to take a look at your save file today to see if something is broken.

jsbb9999

Modder
Sep 7, 2017
Finally got to play this AMAZING game. Great graphic, intriguing story, and mystical experience. love it!!!
Kudos to Dev, definitely one of my fav game now.

Made a small mod to help with the grinding (Hall of Mysteries upgrade)
- Banhammer MKII (Yes i love my banhammer and i want to use it @ the dungeon)
- Get potions and bandages
- Get green crystals
- More money / crystals / reputations per click
- All Skills 100
- All Attributes 255

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Should be enough to rawks @ dungeon.
thanks

Winterz

Jul 14, 2018
Finally got to play this AMAZING game. Great graphic, intriguing story, and mystical experience. love it!!!

- Get green crystals
- All Skills 100
- All Attributes 255

thanks
I've a sincere envy of your skills, learning renpy is definitely a to do.

I know it makes me older than many people here, but I enjoy the gameplay and grinding dynamics. I wish combat was maybe one click less than it is per turn, but ctrl key solves it mostly.

Fights where you have to actually think a little are what makes this game more enjoyable than some VN fapfest. I am only going to use the banhammer if I can't rescue my current 4 hour save :) (I think dev is going to fix it).

And you going to all that effort to change the hall means you think what I do... its a great game :)

Alteus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
I've a sincere envy of your skills, learning renpy is definitely a to do.

I know it makes me older than many people here, but I enjoy the gameplay and grinding dynamics. I wish combat was maybe one click less than it is per turn, but ctrl key solves it mostly.

Fights where you have to actually think a little are what makes this game more enjoyable than some VN fapfest. I am only going to use the banhammer if I can't rescue my current 4 hour save :) (I think dev is going to fix it).

And you going to all that effort to change the hall means you think what I do... its a great game :)
@Winterz: There you go, attached the fixed save. :) The reason why it did not triggered crrectly was because the Corruption potion was in the very first slot in the inventory. We will add a permanent fix to the next dot release.

Also guys, I am curious about your talent setup. Which talents you find the most or less useful?

Winterz

Jul 14, 2018
Thank you very much Alteus! I really appreciate it.

I am using the general combat ones on the lower left of the interface. I don't have an idea of what weapons are in game, so I don't choose a weapon specialty because I don't know what "the best" is :) ha ha

Once I settle on a weapon (probably slashing) I might do that one.

thanks again!

Reactions: Canto Forte

jsbb9999

Modder
Sep 7, 2017

- Get green crystals
- All Skills 100
- All Attributes 255

thanks
So... Instead of a modification to the existing game files, i figure i should make this into a non-intrusive mod that might (or might not) work on upcoming updates and of course for easy install/removal.

note: added into forum post

Features:
- Get green/red crystals
- Get money
- Get reputation
- All Skills 100
- All Attributes 255

install:
- just move the file into the game directory
- click on the small TEXT Button on the bottom right of screen for the mod menu
- remove file (both .rpy and .rpyc) for uninstall

Feb 5, 2018
example of why its unbalanced: went into a dungeon on champion level have mostly purple gear and maxed out character skills and stats was on the third fight entered the new fight missing about five hp from max the last char in the previous fight died from a crit so couldn't heal before end of fight. in comes three new MOBs and I got one hit in when they proceeded to get multiple attacks each between my to attacks so I got to watch my character hit zero hp before even finishing my turn on the first round they were NOT hitting crits but each of them added status effects bleeding hamstrung burn ....etc...not that bleeding had a chance to count though. if a character is decked out in what at the time is the best gear available a string of fights vs the drudge MOBs should never become an impossible to fight event either the PC's weapons are too shit or the defenses are
I have an INT & Dex build for AP & Speed. My armor level is 5 but it was 0 when I first went to the cultists. Using Frostbite (from Lysh) I have no more trouble fighting cultists than I did in the first 2 dungeons without the Banhammer. I rage whenever I can since that is essentially a free move that also heals. I tried using a much slower blunt weapon and got crushed.

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
Wait there is purple gears!? I've only found 2 weapons that were purple off the undead wizard guy so far. Also what is this banhammer that people keep talking about? I hope the next dungeon will be as challenging as this latest one was.

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
Wait there is purple gears!? I've only found 2 weapons that were purple off the undead wizard guy so far. Also what is this banhammer that people keep talking about? I hope the next dungeon will be as challenging as this latest one was.
As far as I know, there are so far only 2 purple items in the game, Knuckles from Wizard Boss Champion Level and a Hammer from Orc Boss Champion level (or is it the other way around?) which you can get once per day.. at least so in 0.81, meaning after sleeping/or new day, the Dungeon Boss from the first two dungeons will have replenished their reward weapon.

Banhammer is a Red item, a cheat item, you can get for free at the cheat area, left side out of the map, there is a game function to show this location or not.
This red weapon will pretty much let you one shot kill all mobs at any level, but is banned for use within the new Cultist hideout. It was bugged to be banned within all dungeons in 0.81 not sure if it is now.

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
Oh neat had no idea there is a purple off orc boss, the wizard had a sword and knuckles
I've only seen the Knuckles and The Hammer, cool to know there is also a Sword to be found, guess I was just unlucky?:closedtongue:
I have grinded those bosses a bit, so bad luck for sword, darn...
Mostly a Hammer kind of guy anyways which the Orc boss provided me a few times :D

Edit note:
I've run a few more Champion gear hunts, and the Wizard (Undead Boss) still only dropped Fist of Ember (Unarmed Knuckles)
The Orc Boss however, dropped a slashing sword: Flesh Render.
Usually the Orc Boss just dropped me: Skullcrusher (a Blunt Hammer).

Hadn't seen that before, wonder if there is a Purple piercing weapon to be gained from the Undead Wizard which I haven't had luck enough to find? :eek:penedeyewink:

Edit 2 note:
Ran a few more Undead Boss runs and finally found the Purple Piercing Weapon, Frostbite! :eazyHype:

Guess it is confirmed, the 2 first Bosses can drop 2 kinds of Purple Weapons each, making it a total of 4 Different Purple Weapons in the game as of now, one for each damage type, that's really neat!! :cool:

Now I just wonder.. when we get to a Cultist Boss.. will he use and drop a Purple Pistol? Would make sense, since that's about the only weapon missing to the Purple set, hehe XD

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
Also guys, I am curious about your talent setup. Which talents you find the most or less useful?
Since You ask so nicely and have created a kick-ass game in my opinion, here is 2 screen shots of my set-up, Talents and Character sheet with gear and Stats.
I've found it very useful since I'm a bit of a Tank player in RPG's, am just curious to the odd number of Talent points, is 5 correct as max level 8? :)

Also I discovered that I can't replay the Memory in Laboratory on Lysh? :frown:

From the Change log of 0.8 there should be 2 new scenes, 1 normal and one animated. I guess the normal one is where discovering the Cultist hideout, listening to their talk.. but where is the animated one?
Have completed the 3 parts in the Cultist hideout, not come across a new animation yet.. :confused:

Fall of Ash Talents.jpg Fall of Ash Stats'nGear.jpg

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
Char.png
Here is my setup I'm using 3/3 in bash and 2/3 in the health skill. If I ever manage to find a swiftness weapon I could probably add more strength to my build so I could hit things even harder. As it stands I can kill swashbucklers and lancers in a single turn, sorceresses and myrmidons take more though.

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
View attachment 140800
Here is my setup I'm using 3/3 in bash and 2/3 in the health skill. If I ever manage to find a swiftness weapon I could probably add more strength to my build so I could hit things even harder. As it stands I can kill swashbucklers and lancers in a single turn, sorceresses and myrmidons take more though.
Ouch that's a lot of Strength, what a Hunk Of Barbarian type of Hero :D
I guess you cross fingers and toes when running into Intelligence parts of the game though? ;) "Me Smash, Morningstar Smaaash! Ugh!" :closedeyesmile:

That's whats so wonderful with the diversity of a game like this, how different it can be build and played :D

My style might take a bit longer, but always get's the job done, a few potions here and there if in a pickle, but that's what I stock up on between dungeon time anyways, buying all of Herbalist stock and selling all the crap drops, both day and night x'D I only use the Merchant if I still got more crap junk left, since she ain't got too much gold lying around.
The Herbalist however, gets plenty when I rip off her stock on a daily basis (wish we could rip more off her, Mehehe) :eek:penedeyewink:

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
Yeah game needs some kind of a money sink, maybe a way to enchant items that gives a randomized prefix/suffix. Also a way to sort by prefix/suffix would be awesome too.

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes