3.70 star(s) 9 Votes
Jun 4, 2017
Hi

Stupid newby question here, asked before but not answered in a way that helps me. I've been to the Castle day and night before and after activating the crystal. Neither in the day could I get anywhere but het turned away at the front entrance (no kitchen entry option as mentioned by someone) nor can I find anywhere outside the castle to get an invite to the ball to get into the castle to meet the Countess to get said invite to the ball. GRRRR. Help, please!
You're trying to skip a step. First, you need a letter of introduction to get into the castle at all; iirc, you get that from the priestess at the Temple of Silas.

Jun 4, 2017
OK, I just redownloaded the game and I'm still getting this every time I kill anything:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I can hit "ignore" and move past the error to get the rewards (XP, etc.), so I'm not sure it's hurting me any. Still, I haven't seen the cultist hideout yet, so I'm not sure if that's because of this error or if I have to do something different.

Reactions: Canto Forte

Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
It was specifically mentioned in the changelog that you CANNOT equip the Banhammer for the final fight, dude...

Anyway, the strategy to beat this game is to basically challenge the easiest difficulty and see how far you can get. If you're going to die then click the retreat button. Equip better loot that defends against the dungeon's quirks (Fire Resist, Bleed Resist, and Slash/Pierce/Blunt Resist). Rinse and repeat until you feel you can take on the next difficulty level. Eventually you'll become invincible once more.

• Haha

Guygee

Jul 21, 2018
Thanks, some of the above did help, but I'm afraid that I'm one of the 59.3% for whom the battles were a chore not a joy so the removal of the banhammer in the light of that poll result seems a big mistake so I'm out. If the game is completed and it's restored I may try again but not until.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I suggest you keep leveling to max level and attempt to defeat the dungeon bosses of the mine and the krypt on highest dificulty.
they have a chance to drop 1 of 2 weapons as reward... and damn those hurt (slashing and blunt in the mine, piercing and unarmed in the krypt) I managed to go to the 2nd dificulty cultist dungeon and only used about 5 healing potions (useing the slash weapon...blunt would probably be even easier as I have a str build atm)... at that point my only problem is the lack of stock of potions dureing one time frame...but if you take day and night stock it's easy enough.... you might also go for highest level... I might once I have more time at hand

Guygee

Jul 21, 2018
@Evangelion-01 Thanks for taking the trouble to pass on these tips, but I'm here for the adult content not the fighting (as is F95Zone afaik) and TBH this Dev has the balance all wrong imo: he might as well cut out the Red Light scenes and put up a family-rated combat game: he'd probably get much more support overall.

• Haha
Aug 13, 2017
the banhammer has become completely useless if you happen to be over lvl 5 in ALL DUNGEONS AT ALL DIFFICULTIES.
so the fix to make the game less annoying to those who don't want to trudge through however many junk fights has been removed and the dungeon fights are not even close to balanced with the restrictions on the player characters.
so now the player is forced into LONG strings of fights in the dungeons such as the castle to advance the story wasting far more potions than the player can possibly replace with a reasonable amount of effort (pissing a week away to restock is not a reasonable way between each foray into a dungeon) better learn how to balance a fight out if the character is faced with five lines of three opponents and you've decided to make each on take five turns to kill a single opponent while all three get multiple attacks vs the Player then you either increase the players ability to heal or defend themselves from damage its pointless to have a shield and sword set up when the shield is on off and counted as an attack.

example of why its unbalanced: went into a dungeon on champion level have mostly purple gear and maxed out character skills and stats was on the third fight entered the new fight missing about five hp from max the last char in the previous fight died from a crit so couldn't heal before end of fight. in comes three new MOBs and I got one hit in when they proceeded to get multiple attacks each between my to attacks so I got to watch my character hit zero hp before even finishing my turn on the first round they were NOT hitting crits but each of them added status effects bleeding hamstrung burn ....etc...not that bleeding had a chance to count though. if a character is decked out in what at the time is the best gear available a string of fights vs the drudge MOBs should never become an impossible to fight event either the PC's weapons are too shit or the defenses are

• Wow

djustmie

Nov 5, 2017
It was specifically mentioned in the changelog that you CANNOT equip the Banhammer for the final fight, dude...

Anyway, the strategy to beat this game is to basically challenge the easiest difficulty and see how far you can get. If you're going to die then click the retreat button. Equip better loot that defends against the dungeon's quirks (Fire Resist, Bleed Resist, and Slash/Pierce/Blunt Resist). Rinse and repeat until you feel you can take on the next difficulty level. Eventually you'll become invincible once more.
Can someone make a list which weapon s best can be sold , which best can be used in mine and which in dungeon.
As enlish is not my native language i have some troubles to understand which weapon does what against an enemy
plus i got so many (thnx to banhammer) that i really got lost in here

tnx

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
that was actually part of the last update and answered before
Trouble is, I for one completed everything in 0.7, got the letter, the naughty scenes, did everything in that castle. Now in 0.81they won't let me in during the day to find a new letter and castle is gone during the night until I use 50 blood crystals yet again to be able to make night visits, but guess what.. they still won't let me in due to a missing letter, which I can't get because .. tadaaa... they won't let me in during the day, the Baron is not accepting any visits.
Talking to Vivianne the Witch during day about progress still keeps stating to have reached the end of this version.

So my conclusion is: Saves from 0.7 doesn't properly work with 0.81 as what you did in 0.7 is partially reset story wise, blocking for any new progress to be made.

Unless someone who completed all in 0.7 and found out how to get to the new contents in 0.81 with a 0.7 save game, informs the exact steps, then I guess this is it for me until a new release is made.

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
The correct method WAS mentioned. Read back.
Am pretty sure I have read every single post since 0.8 was added, most contain the grief of battles and the loss of using the cheat hammer. Some explains how to enter the castle at day and night, which I did in 0.7.

I've tried for an hour in game to find out how to reach new contents, with no success, I suggest you either provide me with a number to the posts I am supposed to read here, or explain the details your self, instead of just saying "read back".
Thank you.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
did you go back to the temple and check the matriarch...
maybe you didn't save after getting the castle invite and still have to corrupt her...other than that just try to talk to the matriarch again she might provide you with the invite for day visits.
I personally used a save from 0.7 and had no trouble getting to the content of 0.81

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
did you go back to the temple and check the matriarch...
maybe you didn't save after getting the castle invite and still have to corrupt her...other than that just try to talk to the matriarch again she might provide you with the invite for day visits.
I personally used a save from 0.7 and had no trouble getting to the content of 0.81
Thank you that helped! :)
It's a hassle though that we have to repeat the steps we already made in 0.7 to get into the castle again.
I was certain to have re-done the conversation with the Temple Matriarch but guess I didn't listen to it all the way through, anyways I found the Cult Hideout and about to venture in, so once again thank you :D

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Lossy compression (means image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller) is used. You've been warned so no bitching.
Updated August 24, 2018
Fall of Ashenburg [v0.82] [Alteus] - Original Size: 831MB

Download PC (103MB): - - -

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes