Ren'Py Abandoned Fairly Odd Wish [Concept Build] [Genetic Games]

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Feel this should be moved to On Pause or Abandoned. @Genetic games said he'd have v0.01 out by the first of April. No word since.

Last edited:

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
I do believe Genetic wants to continue with this project but I also think that maybe they didn't realise the scope of developing a game or visual novel. It's very easy to find yourself with other commitments in life that take a lot of time away from what can only really be considered a side project or hobby when you're starting out. It's very easy to look at other devs, particularly the ones that have already enjoyed enough success that they're earning enough to make this sort of thing their fulltime job, and see that they're dropping updates monthly and believe that it's probably possible to do that yourself. And maybe with some careful planning with reuse of particular assets etc. it could be possible if you're dropping every moment of free time into it.
I'm not expecting anything else from this any time soon, but I do hope that Genetic does find the time to continue with this idea eventually. But even once school and such are out of the way I wouldn't expect frequent updates if Genetic is working solo since 2D is probably much more time-consuming.
Dropping a prototype and announcing a release schedule was probably a mistake, but thankfully I haven't seen a Patreon so I guess people can't really be mad about it. Personally, I've been working on something for the past few months and if you guys ever see it it won't be for many months to come. I've seen this sort of thing happening too many times for me to risk getting everyone's hopes up with promises that I can't keep.
Good luck in the future, Genetic, I hope this finds legs eventually.

Last edited:

Nkbs

Jun 20, 2018
It was a good idea, most Parody games on great hands can be... if the dev does it right? "Eternal" more or less..

Too bad it's abandoned.. too bad...

lolylol33

Jul 7, 2018
come on guys ffs if u continue on this project i think it ll be a huge success for u

pls man continue it :) i can donate u 300% i realy like the tv show and i realy wanna see a parody sex game of it
the art is already amazing so i dont see a reason not to work on the game

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Ehhh... I don't know about 100%. Just because it's an IP people like doesn't mean it's gonna be anything good. And this was... nothing, even for a v0.01

Reactions: TheRemover
3.30 star(s) 3 Votes