VN Ren'Py Abandoned Faction Paradox [v0.4] [AlistairV]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Azope

Jul 26, 2017
I think concept and first version promising.
What i love:
The graphique the main girl is well draw
the concept is exellent (even if i don't understant all since i never watch the serie)
Long run corruption (i love coruption and even more long rune one)
what i dislike
the comande of the ship i don't want to be a pilot trainging i think if i choice take of to somehere i don't need to select destination, start engine , and start landing i think you sould make the dialogue doing and player only need to select the destination.
what can be improved
i think add a line of dialogue for say hello i ok to talk to you after class is absolutly need because i don't no why she want now and not beford for exemple " Today i notice she less stress so maybe a good time to try to talk" or "today she look at me " or somethink
For the gift message i think you need to have less for exemple i think only 3 are need : one for ask you to gift one for ask you why you are not come and finaly one to start the war. you can add a least one for say a other tink but 6 is too much.

What i hope
I think have other girl can be good of course.But i hate loli so don't add any.
i hope she will not traing for the balkur because i am not fan of train bitch for old man i prefferd use for myself ;)

Reactions: AlistairV

HunterSeeker

Engaged Member
May 13, 2017
My only real issue is the flight controls.... It's pretty nonsensical. It'd be better to just have it transport you wherever you want to go.

popober

Jun 9, 2017
Don't really care much for doctor who, but the chick is daa~mn fiiiine so I'm gonna keep an eye out for this.

T3DP4XF

Oct 1, 2017
Why do we have to sit through the audio every time we need to travel? It locks the screen too, so we can't simply skip this process which will constitute a good chunk of a every player's time. The third time I had to switch locations, I got fed up with the waiting. Please take it out.

Reactions: moudy and aejotx

MrJay

Apr 21, 2017
This project has real potential but the flight controls is a complete mess, the developer fell in the same trap that so many others do of wanting add "game mechanics" when in fact there is absolutely not a single interesting thing about these "mechanics", it's just trite and annoying. There is no good reason to not just go straight to a location by selecting it directly, no one is interested in whovian technobabble if it's going to be this much of a bother.

If that is streamlined though I could see this going far. I'd love to see it develop into a harem collector.

Reactions: aejotx

TheKyu

Dec 18, 2017
I had a problem playing a save from the older version that the game crashed after the conversation with the alien, i'm gonna try playing it from the start to see if it will crash again

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Alright, I have nothing against sound in game, but I really hate when it want to force me to listen to its music instead of mine, especially in the middle of dark side of the moon. And that's what your game do, so please correct this in the next version. There's two possibilities :

1) Declare your TardisRadio as a music channel, like this :
Code:
renpy.music.register_channel( "TardisRadio", mixer="music", loop=True )
2) Change the preference screen to add the possibility to define the volume of this channel, like this:
Code:
            frame:
                style_group "pref"
                has vbox
                label "Radio Volume"
                bar value FieldValue( renpy.audio.audio.get_channel("TardisRadio"), "chan_volume", range=1.0, style="slider" )
Like you already use the music channel for some persistent fx, the tardis sound by example, the second option is probably better. Or, way better, put the radio on the music channel, and define a new channel for the persistent fx, while adding the possibility to define the sound level of this channel, of course.

Thanks in advance.

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes