VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Faction Paradox [v0.4] [AlistairV]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Voilsh

Pro
    - The first main girl is really sexy without being ridiculously slutty, great design!
    - The comedy is not overbearing, just the right amount from being dry to being too much.
    - You feel the great potential from a slave/corruption game here!

Con
    - Confusing menus
    - The piloting is overly confusing too
    - Good and bad actions should be really shown (like "public recognition", is it bad, good? What is the pro of a "serious lesson"?)
    - Why not being able to choose clothing (rebutton her shirt for ex) instead of only being to make her show more cleavage? Choice is power!
    - Why changing clothes only shows in one room? :(
    - Kinda empty for now (but this is temporary)
    - Music should be controllable using renpy menu
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is v1.0...

This is a very short and somewhat complicated visual novel/game, that appears to be a parody of Dr. Who...

The visuals of the character is ok, since there is only 1, and it is 2D hand drawn... Very hentai inspired looking... The backdrops are good, looking unique and creative...

The game proclaims that the sound is required to be on in order to play correctly, and although the sounds are nice, they didn't seem to really play any significant role in the actual game play itself... I never felt they were really required, almost as if that statement was just intended to get you to listen...

The script is pretty good as I really didn't run into any spelling/grammar errors... The plot revolves around a male protagonist who is part of a cult (pokes fun at the timelords) that is trying to take over the galaxy... The protagonist wakes up after having regenerated from his previous incarnation and lands on Earth, where he needs to get the manual back for the tardis ship... He then meets a girl/woman (couldn't really tell her age, although I'll assume she's an adult) who has stolen the manual... She kind of has a spoiled rich kid, who gets her way all the time, attitude... And the story sort of progresses from there, but not too terribly far before the current content ends...

This game is a bit complicated as it requires you to remember the sequence of choices for flying the tardis to different locations... Plus, when the protagonist goes to the school, you end up having to repeat the same actions for several game days before being able to move the story along...

Overall, the story itself sounds interesting, but the game play is very clunky... It is a creative idea, but it's execution is a bit of a pain... And for being a 1.0 version release, there isn't much to it... There is a small amount of humor, but with so little content, that isn't saying much... It really feels more like a proof of concept then the beginning to a VN/game... If it is a Demo, then it isn't very impressive, even though the audio is good... Will I revisit this one? Probably not, unless it has some restructuring done to get arid of the clunky game play...