• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM WIP Evilize 1.05

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Hello, I’m currently translating Evilize version 1.05, this thread is for people who want to follow my progress or ask questions. For people who are maybe too excited to wait and are playing it untranslated, don’t hesitate to ask questions either. I’ve played almost all the routes and can likely answer your question or give you tips.

Mar 26, 2020
Hello , I'm stuck in the part were "caracal" sents you to find an entrance to the church but I can't find the church to begin with. Also, is the location "puma (プマ)" talks about in the second base something I also have to search for or is just random ramble? (Posted the question at the same time you posted the link,since I'm on mobile and alcohol has mentally handicapped me it's kinda hard to write right now) btw thank you for your hard work translating!

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Hello , I'm stuck in the part were "caracal" sents you to find an entrance to the church but I can't find the church to begin with. Also, is the location "puma (プマ)" talks about in the second base something I also have to search for or is just random ramble? (Posted the question at the same time you posted the link,since I'm on mobile and alcohol has mentally handicapped me it's kinda hard to write right now) btw thank you for your hard work translating!
answered the first one as a spoiler. As for puma, it’s a future mission after you complete your business with the church.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
If that still doesn't work I'll play it again real quick and take some snapshots for visual aids.

Reactions: Li Qiye

Ray_Bones

Aug 5, 2017
"For people who are maybe too excited to wait and are playing it untranslated"

Are there many others who do this? I played through the village of nightmare games with no understanding of what was really going on, the visuals are a fairly big clue of what was happening but no help on what to do next :ROFLMAO:

While playing through the games takes a lot longer it does mean you essentially get to play the game for the first time twice, once for the visuals and the second time for the story :cool:

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
"For people who are maybe too excited to wait and are playing it untranslated"

Are there many others who do this? I played through the village of nightmare games with no understanding of what was really going on, the visuals are a fairly big clue of what was happening but no help on what to do next :ROFLMAO:

While playing through the games takes a lot longer it does mean you essentially get to play the game for the first time twice, once for the visuals and the second time for the story :cool:
Who knows lol, but before I started translating that’s what I did.

Reactions: Li Qiye

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Oh jeez, can't believe this slipped my mind, but I must apologize. For anyone expecting a full release, know that I'm not doing that. I am releasing a translation patch, so I apologize for leading anyone on.

Ray_Bones

Aug 5, 2017
What’s the difference? Do we have to manually install the patch? If so how?
The patch means that ideally you buy the game from the developer Saino (so they are more likely to make another one and its also only $15/€12 at the moment).

Once you extract the file from DLSite then you use the files from Jooop to overwrite some of the original game files, which contain the Japanese text, which will then change everything into English without the program knowing or caring about the difference.

A full release would be the full game with translation files already applied however that means its a pirated copy and Saino gets less sales.

They did seriously good work so I was happy to to them. What bits of the story I was able to understand from google translate and the like are right up my alley too so no pressure Jooop :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Jooop

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
The patch means that ideally you buy the game from the developer Saino (so they are more likely to make another one and its also only $15/€12 at the moment).

Once you extract the file from DLSite then you use the files from Jooop to overwrite some of the original game files, which contain the Japanese text, which will then change everything into English without the program knowing or caring about the difference.

A full release would be the full game with translation files already applied however that means its a pirated copy and Saino gets less sales.

They did seriously good work so I was happy to to them. What bits of the story I was able to understand from google translate and the like are right up my alley too so no pressure Jooop :ROFLMAO:
Exactly right, a perfect explanation. Thank you!

Reactions: Li Qiye and ujmujmk

PancakeMix59

Feb 25, 2020
Not sure if it's possible or if you would know how to, but I would really be happy to help you translate this. While I'm still a not very far into learning Japanese, I've got a firm grasp of the basics and am making progress every day, and helping translate a game would be great experience for future translation projects I'd like to undertake. Don't know how much help I can be or if you'd have me, but I would be more then happy to help with what I can. Given I want to play this in English as soon as possible I figured I may as well do what I can to help get this translated. I don't even know if there's an easy way to cooperate on a translation project though, I suppose that depends on the software you use. On the other hand though I don't want to burden you with an inexperienced fellow such as myself. Just let me know, thanks.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote