• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Unity Abandoned Escape From Titan [v0.1.2] [Cute Pixel]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Cute Pixel

Beauty & Crazy
Game Developer
Oct 13, 2018
Honestly? None of them sound especially good (with #2 easily being the worst, IMO), and I'd be leery of even using one of those synthesized voice things. Even the best ones ultimately sound a bit off. They're fine for some purposes, but I don't think they're good for game dialogue. Occasional narration maybe, but not dialogue. I totally understand having no other options, but personally, I think it'd be better to stick to voiceless text boxes if you can't get an actual voice actress of some kind. Maybe others will feel otherwise, but that's my two cents. If you do end up using one, I just ask that you make it an option to toggle it off in the game.
In the first level of the game, in the first location, there will be no dialogs as such. This voice acting is just an addition to the character’s “thoughts”. In general, see for yourself. In fact, it will be something akin to system messages.

Well, of course, the settings will be able to turn off the voice if you want it.

Reactions: Xol and QueenBee

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Due to the nature of the game - kind of a fatalist run for survival and such, noise only brings the horror into it. Just watch some alien games played on y tube and most of the time music is setting the tone and the action sounds.
Some others pointed out specific sounds for specific actions can be commissioned off to female voice actors on some forums that should not amount to industry level rates or standards. Because you mentioned thoughts, those can be voiced over by practically anyone - I do not see why patrons cannot get in on the action, even having them commission such features and contribute for voice over goals. Thoughts are not gender specific, this is some alien modification game and such not usual standards apply.
Even checking the stats, there are mods that usually alter voice and growth . none of which would favor sound production on the part of the girls.

Reactions: Xol

Cute Pixel

Beauty & Crazy
Game Developer
Oct 13, 2018
You know, sometimes this happens - it seems that you did everything he wanted, and then suddenly a great idea arises in you head. You take and rework everything and it turns out much better than before :)

That's how it is been with me. There was a new idea and in just a couple of hours I rebuilt the Escape start screen into what you see in the image. And honestly - I like this option more :)

newscreen.png

And what do you say? Is this option really better, or do you prefer the previous one?

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
If anyone is looking for ideas ...
The first screen could be like opening scenes in a movie - a lot of games do this
where you actually upon hitting start button, actually start the game in that moment, looking behind the shoulder at the attacker and then cutting to a room and locking the door behind, waiting the follower to pass by. It could be a cut -scene where you actually record yourself playing that section, put it in the game, and after the threat passes, thoughts start popping inside MC head and you can exposite away on the mechanics of gameplay and goal for that section of the game.

or

The second starting screen, it could be also followed by a cut scene where protagonist sees that hand through a mist like perspective, reaching .. reaching ... while the MC is retreating and falling through a shaft inside some corridor, stirred, shaken, shivering - MC enters through a door and then you relinquish control over to the player.

Cute Pixel

Beauty & Crazy
Game Developer
Oct 13, 2018
Hey.

I am already finishing the last revisions and most likely this week a new version of Escape will be released.
In the meantime, I have a question for you, my friends. Here are several options for Maya's hairstyles.

How do you think which one of them goes to her more?

MayaHairstyle.PNG

P. S. The first option - is the one that she has in the game now.

You also can leave your opinion in .

Reactions: Xol

Banshee96

Jan 27, 2019
I'm with Canto on 5. Best fit for her face, she did wake up from cryo (if I remember the story right?).
4 makes her look boyish (note: not tomboyish).
3 reminds me of Star Trek. Strikes me as someone in authority, or just always busy. Looks too maintained for a person stuck in an abandoned ship/station.

MorDraka09

Jul 21, 2018
Hard to choose which one would fit best, so why not have the option for the player to choose which style the would like at the start of the game.

maverih345456

Feb 27, 2018
Um,I didn't mean to bother but which date will the latest version of escape of titan will be released? Because you said you will release it this week or I could be wrong.

Cute Pixel

Beauty & Crazy
Game Developer
Oct 13, 2018
Another screenshot of the upcoming update.

As you can see, now the game inventory has a fully-fledged look, unlike its first version. In addition, now there are tooltips in it and you do not have to think long about what you have there :)

And here is also a character equipment system and you can equipping him by direct dragging items.

8.png

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes