Unity Abandoned Escape From Titan [v0.1.2] [Cute Pixel]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

alrdlady

May 20, 2017
Honestly, a good tech demo if anything. Nicely stylized, but a bit monotonous going to one room, finidng one keycard for another room, where you find a keycard for the locker in the room you came from, etc. etc.
The robots fit in nicely and are suitably difficult for this first area you spawn in.

Something that could be useful to have would be names of the items in your hotbar. Perhaps by having to press the corresponding key twice to use an item, but the first press highlights them, and tells you what it is.

You can also duplicate items by dropping them. Once dropped, picking it up will add it to your inventory, but it will still be on the ground.

But as soon as this gets fleshed out, it will probably be a really cool game.
Good job, I'll follow this for sure!

Cute Pixel

Beauty & Crazy
Game Developer
Oct 13, 2018
Honestly, a good tech demo if anything. Nicely stylized, but a bit monotonous going to one room, finidng one keycard for another room, where you find a keycard for the locker in the room you came from, etc. etc.
The robots fit in nicely and are suitably difficult for this first area you spawn in.

Something that could be useful to have would be names of the items in your hotbar. Perhaps by having to press the corresponding key twice to use an item, but the first press highlights them, and tells you what it is.

You can also duplicate items by dropping them. Once dropped, picking it up will add it to your inventory, but it will still be on the ground.

But as soon as this gets fleshed out, it will probably be a really cool game.
Good job, I'll follow this for sure!
More interesting gameplay will be in the near future with the introduction of some additions.

As for the inventory - this is not the final version and now I am thinking how to make it more convenient. The solution with a few keystrokes is interesting by the way, thanks for the idea :)

Reactions: alrdlady

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Updates are coming.
Soon, version 0.1.3 will appear with some corrections concerning the gameplay, and there will be much more elements in it that reveal the essence of the game’s plot and make it clearer.
In version 0.1.4, a sound will appear in the game. Perhaps it will not be a full, but at least the background music, the sounds of opening doors, footsteps, well, drones also fly not silently)))
Version 0.1.5 will open up some additional possibilities in terms of interaction with environmental elements. What exactly - the secret yet)))
And, at last, version 0.2, which will be released presumably in late January - early February 2019, will open a new location and new features.
Well, and of course, happy holidays to you! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, my friends!

Reactions: Nulldev

Xenon-San

Jun 16, 2017
Went into game, got detected came back to my room and locked door.
Robot didn't do anything to me.
Whatever you did, you saved countless megawatts on electricity bill.
The rest of demo is decent. I wish you luck.

Reactions: alrdlady

Cute Pixel

Beauty & Crazy
Game Developer
Oct 13, 2018
Went into game, got detected came back to my room and locked door.
Robot didn't do anything to me.
Whatever you did, you saved countless megawatts on electricity bill.
The rest of demo is decent. I wish you luck.
Well, this is one way to get away from the drone. They do not know how to open the door (or do you want to be able to? :) )

Xenon-San

Jun 16, 2017
(or do you want to be able to? :) )
add hiding places and make sure that player will get clear hints to how hiding works (DON'T follow alien isolation system) and you have a deal
however i think that you should first focus on adding content, "content" and level development
you can always go back and fuck something up afterwards
oh and while i am typing this please work a little on camera controls

Reactions: Blortz

Cute Pixel

Beauty & Crazy
Game Developer
Oct 13, 2018
add hiding places and make sure that player will get clear hints to how hiding works (DON'T follow alien isolation system) and you have a deal
however i think that you should first focus on adding content, "content" and level development
you can always go back and fuck something up afterwards
oh and while i am typing this please work a little on camera controls
Ok, I'll take your wishes

Cute Pixel

Beauty & Crazy
Game Developer
Oct 13, 2018
Hey all.

It seems that the new year of the pig decided at the very beginning to give me a dirty trick :) With the thought of releasing a new version of Escape, I open the project... and I see this.

Let me explain: what you see in the screenshot is a problem with the display of resources in the game scene. Roughly speaking, all the components of the location in the scene have disappeared somewhere.

If the problem is not solved in the near future by any means of solutions Unity engine, I will have to re-assemble the entire location, on what I will have to spend about a week of time. So the promised updates are slightly postponed for a later time. But don't worry, they will be in any case :)

Stay on touch :)

trouble.PNG

MorDraka09

Jul 21, 2018
I just did a new run thorough the alpha level and found glitch that i did not think was meant to be where it is, i was able to clip through the door to the locked room on the side where they slide back into the walls, this was good as I have yet to locate where the locker key for locker #8 is that has the door key for room 1.....

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The easiest way to pass at the moment - carefully look around and do not catch into the eye of the drone. That is, wait until he flies away and so on. The drone does not sit at the door and waits until you exit. He patrols a fairly long corridor and periodically flies to the other end, so you have enough time to go to another room or even to another part of the location. And even if the drone spotted you, you can always have time to run away from it and hide behind some kind of door. In such cases, the drone must lose you.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Cute Pixel

Beauty & Crazy
Game Developer
Oct 13, 2018
So great news!

I don't have to redo the first location from scratch, I was able to eliminate the consequences of the recent failure and return intact that which was built initially.

That is why - the new version of Escape is already near!

Given the annoying delay in development, I want to combine everything that was planned to be implemented in versions 0.13 and 0.14 and release them in 0.14. As you hopefully remember, from the promised updates there was an addition to the game of elements that explain the plot in more detail, as well as the appearance of sound :)

So stay tuned. Update will appear very soon :)

news.PNG

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Start touching and feeling your heart in a tender embrace by your left hand. They are always twins, they strive in unity, they will give you the hug you deserve. Chin up! Look for your star and have her come down to feel your heart and get your embrace.

Cute Pixel

Beauty & Crazy
Game Developer
Oct 13, 2018
Hey!

I suggest everyone to take part in the .

Cute Pixel

Beauty & Crazy
Game Developer
Oct 13, 2018
Hey!

Along the way, with the refinement of the existing game, I am making a new location for it. This is the area of containment and observation of artificial creatures that were created in the research complex in which we find ourselves in the game. And don't pay attention to the texture, they are only temporary :)

In addition, I slightly changed the concept of the beginning of the game and now, after the readiness of this location, the game will begin with it. You will agree that it would be more logical if the synthoids would keep the captured people in the place where they were kept self, and not in the living quarters, as that make now. We will enter the living module of the complex a little later.

In addition, this change will allow to enter into the game more plot details, which will better explain what is happening around.
An updated version of the game is tentatively released in early March. And in the coming days, the promised version 0.14 will appear.

area.png

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
So if you weren't aware, you can be pushed out of the map by lockers...
map.png
I got shoved out at locker 3-2 fyi.

Game looks and feels pretty solid otherwise.
Holding down m2 to get around isn't so nice.
I didn't bother to read the whole thread, so I won't assume some issues aren't already discussed.
Looking forward to future development.

Cute Pixel

Beauty & Crazy
Game Developer
Oct 13, 2018
So if you weren't aware, you can be pushed out of the map by lockers...
View attachment 250426
I got shoved out at locker 3-2 fyi.

Game looks and feels pretty solid otherwise.
Holding down m2 to get around isn't so nice.
I didn't bother to read the whole thread, so I won't assume some issues aren't already discussed.
Looking forward to future development.
Yes, some moments still need some work, but everything is just beginning :)

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes