Lusterwolf

Jun 3, 2019
New public build 0.0.23 at itch.io (Edit: the build is completely broken for me: freezes on story, freezes on goblin attacks, freezes on escape, freezes on some victories)
Apologizes, the build released had a bug I thought we had fixed. I'm currently working on a fix for it and once it's ready I will update it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: eugeneloza

Lusterwolf

Jun 3, 2019
As I remember: A new public version was promised by the end of August. What will be new in it?
Between 0.0.15 to 0.0.23 We got a skill tree, new events and a lot of polish on the art and UI. The travel system/combat was expanded too. It's about 8 months of progress I believe.

Reactions: eugeneloza

J55555

Dec 31, 2019
Apologizes, the build released had a bug I thought we had fixed. I'm currently working on a fix for it and once it's ready I will update it.
Tried the hotfix version, just want to mention there is still a gamebreaking bug where the game will not move on from a battle end screen. When this happens seems to be random, but I've had it happen once when winning against goblins and once when losing against the gnoll.

There's also a minor but annoying bug where your equipped weapon disappears. Though it seems to only happen with weapons better than the +5 attack knife.

Some suggestions:
  • The game is really stingy with food, at least until you find the farm and market, but then you have to spam those locations to stay alive. Maybe make it more likely for food to appear in basic locations, or increase the hunger recovery of lesser foods
  • Something that propagates the food issue is how difficult it is to discover new locations. You can very easily go the entire 14 days with only discovering 2/6 map points (I did), even if you do the basic search most of the time. I'd suggest getting rid of the function where you "rediscover" old locations to lower the pool of possible outcomes
  • Sleep should recover same stats as resting, if not more. Right now it's just useless. I get that it's the only action you can take in the evening, but it just doesn't make sense that "resting" recovers stats while sleep does nothing.

Reactions: Lusterwolf

Lusterwolf

Jun 3, 2019
Tried the hotfix version, just want to mention there is still a gamebreaking bug where the game will not move on from a battle end screen. When this happens seems to be random, but I've had it happen once when winning against goblins and once when losing against the gnoll.

There's also a minor but annoying bug where your equipped weapon disappears. Though it seems to only happen with weapons better than the +5 attack knife.

Some suggestions:
  • The game is really stingy with food, at least until you find the farm and market, but then you have to spam those locations to stay alive. Maybe make it more likely for food to appear in basic locations, or increase the hunger recovery of lesser foods
  • Something that propagates the food issue is how difficult it is to discover new locations. You can very easily go the entire 14 days with only discovering 2/6 map points (I did), even if you do the basic search most of the time. I'd suggest getting rid of the function where you "rediscover" old locations to lower the pool of possible outcomes
  • Sleep should recover same stats as resting, if not more. Right now it's just useless. I get that it's the only action you can take in the evening, but it just doesn't make sense that "resting" recovers stats while sleep does nothing.
Someone else just mentioned that bug. I am trying to see if I can fix it soon for another hotfix. The disappearing weapon is new bug which I'll have to add to the bug list towards the end of the month build.

Thank you for the suggestions, I was hoping to add items in the future like maps or a compass that will open locations quickly so you can save it for use. I have noticed that finding locations got harder after adding in more events. I will have to do a new balance pass. I'll take that into consideration with the rediscover feature, that just might just be cut from the game, it's purpose might not be needed anymore with the new event system in place. (It was harder to add events before, our new coder made a tool to auto add events into the game rather than manually coding each event in.) Finally, sleep is definitely going to be upgraded and have more benefits.

Lusterwolf

Jun 3, 2019
Thank everyone for taking the time to talk about any bugs and give feedback. Please don't be afraid to mention bugs folks, they only help make the game better. I rather find these problems now than later.

bobbot

May 10, 2018
also reporting that the victory screen hangs... guessing its a script not firing, not sure how this could work but maybe include a panic button that when pressed sends the player back to the exploration screen like pressing p or something to trigger it.

edit found a surprise bug. loose by lp in the grapple game and it gives you a hummilating defeat in the next battle too,, not sure if one off or replicateable just found it. edit 2 found out why lp is not reseting.,, welp

edit one more bug found... quit to menu before the goblin boss and you fight them next round as the first enccounter ending the gameplay early...

Last edited:

Lusterwolf

Jun 3, 2019
also reporting that the victory screen hangs... guessing its a script not firing, not sure how this could work but maybe include a panic button that when pressed sends the player back to the exploration screen like pressing p or something to trigger it.

edit found a surprise bug. loose by lp in the grapple game and it gives you a hummilating defeat in the next battle too,, not sure if one off or replicateable just found it. edit 2 found out why lp is not reseting.,, welp

edit one more bug found... quit to menu before the goblin boss and you fight them next round as the first enccounter ending the gameplay early...
The victory bug is going to need more time. On my editor its not firing off an error and only shows up in a build. So its going to take me a bit to figure it out since any changes I do i have to load the game up fully.

I will look into that myself.

Ouch. That boss one is def new. I will take a look at that. I already got some other bugs reported so I will be uploading a quick fix for that before I handle these new ones.

Lusterwolf

Jun 3, 2019
Sadly it turns out the bug is going to take longer to fix. I will update once it's ready. Public links are going to be taken down until its ready. Sorry for any problems caused.

Lusterwolf

Jun 3, 2019
Just a quick update, we did in the end find the bug. It was a well hidden bug and the only way we could have caught it before the build release is if we had a better work system. Which is what we are going to address. I'm going to be setting up a discord tester roles for patrons and we are going to be changing our pipeline.

This means that we will need more time for the next update. I want to make sure this doesn't happen again. 0.0.24 will be our next major update for set for sometime in January. After that, I will go ahead and make a public update with 0.0.24 once we are at a good place with 0.0.25.

Also a side note: Build 0.0.15 is still a tech demo. At that time, I was more focus on getting the game working and just sharing what I had. There's no tutorial or anything because the game was still being built. Keep this in mind when you play the game here. It's just a peak at a vision. Thank you for the taking the time to read this.

Reactions: J55555
2.50 star(s) 2 Votes