kivik

Game Developer
May 9, 2018
Hey guys, the game dev here. Thanks for all the feedbacks, some of which I'd already received from where I posted the game officially.

Re: the version numbering - sorry that's my bad, I thought Alpha means completely broken, Beta means it's stable but not a completed game. And I thought I could start with 1.0 with alpha and beta, but realised otherwise. So my next release will be 0.2.x

Regarding background and action being on different layers - it's a logistical decision for me. The render time increases if I do the entire scene, and it certainly increases the game size very rapidly, especially considering the different outfits and makeup as well as the gender choice.

Finally regarding the invisible penis - several reasons for this:

1 - I don't have a penis asset yet, oops! But I'll be getting it soon one way or another (weird thing to say).
2 - I'm not sure how to work it into a scene without being weird - i.e. if I have full body + penis then it'll block the camera. If I have just a floating penis, it'll probably look equally weird. I'm not sure how easy it would be to do semi-transparent body - but that'd also semi-block the "good stuff".

I'm still going to take that in and try something that works.

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
Well, this was a promising start. A little grindy, but that's unavoidable to some extent for this sort of game. I look forward to the next release.

zabieru

Aug 5, 2017
Re: the version numbering - sorry that's my bad, I thought Alpha means completely broken, Beta means it's stable but not a completed game. And I thought I could start with 1.0 with alpha and beta, but realised otherwise. So my next release will be 0.2.x
Oh, you're right about alpha and beta, at least in the world at large. (More specifically, alpha means "not feature-complete" while beta means "all the pieces are there but they might not be quite right." But they're pretty fuzzy terms and it's not uncommon to see beta used as "it's release-quality but we're saving the 1.0 label for our IPO" or whatever.)

People around here are a little weird about version numbering, though. I think it comes of looking at a lot of abandoned projects

kivik

Game Developer
May 9, 2018
Oh, you're right about alpha and beta, at least in the world at large. (More specifically, alpha means "not feature-complete" while beta means "all the pieces are there but they might not be quite right." But they're pretty fuzzy terms and it's not uncommon to see beta used as "it's release-quality but we're saving the 1.0 label for our IPO" or whatever.)

People around here are a little weird about version numbering, though. I think it comes of looking at a lot of abandoned projects
Sounds like I need to go down to alpha in that case since I'm still build features. I was a bit funny about all the alpha version games out there that are really bare bone (including my past attempts) so spent longer on this to get it to what I thought would qualify as beta.

Thanks for the heads up!

P.S. This forum software is both super advanced and weird. I clicked +quote thinking that's the way to quote someone, but it was reply that quotes message.

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
Well, it's not just that. There was a flood of games at one stage which were basically "Look! I've just learned how to display the Ren'Py main menu! And here's a Daz model with her tits out! Support me on Patreon!!"

Of course, this meant that the expectation for 0.1 releases went down, and people started ignoring them until they'd had a few iterations. So the same tossers started releasing 0.01 releases as 1.0 to get more eyeballs. Or 1.3 or 2.0 or whatever they thought would work.

And on the whole, no one minds a 0.1 release if there's some work gone into it. I mean this game has got some thought put into it and the foundation for a decent game. But some folks still have a bit of a flinch reflex for new games released at 1.0.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
Sounds like I need to go down to alpha in that case since I'm still build features. I was a bit funny about all the alpha version games out there that are really bare bone (including my past attempts) so spent longer on this to get it to what I thought would qualify as beta.

Thanks for the heads up!
It's a little different when you do periodic releases, like almost everyone is doing now. Alpha traditionally means in development/feature testing, while beta means in bugtesting - neither of those are versions you ideally want players to be exposed to. So what people do is they build a month's worth of content, and call it +=0.1 - or they do chapters, or they try to estimate completion percentages. A few people do label their releases 1.0, 2.0 etc, but that leads to a lot of confusion.

anschwww

May 10, 2017
@N7

Hi all!
I'm happy to announce the release of Due Process Beta 0.2.2, you can grab the download here:

You'll have noticed I've changed the versioning from a 1.x to 0.2.x numbering, because I was a dumbass not realising that 1.x implies the game is finished! It's actually the later version of the game despite the lower numeral. Rest assure if / when the game reaches 1.x, I'll be ditching the "beta" prefix :)

This release follows on from the Happy Ending from Beta 1.2, I shan't say more for those who haven't played the game at all.

If you enjoy the game, and are able to, I'd really welcome your patreon support. You can see the rewards on the side bar :)

I'm aiming for monthly iterative releases, my current emphasis is on mechanics but I'm still trying to balance it out with new content per release. Patron releases come as soon as possible after each month's payments, and public releases in the middle of the month.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
Damn! Gotta hate these huge downloads...it confuses hell out of me when the download starts and stops almost straight away.
Good job @kivik for keeping them light. :firstimekiss:

jack brisen

Feb 20, 2018
going to rey this game for a test drive and will provide feedback later ...
one question are more genre tags going to be added?

FroKe88

May 15, 2017
I liked it, even if it was very repetitive.
I think later, when having multiple subjects and things to do, this game can be great.

Reactions: jack brisen

Sere

May 15, 2017
Will you add more tags? Since brainwashing is used, I think you should add the mind control tag.

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
going to rey this game for a test drive and will provide feedback later ...
one question are more genre tags going to be added?
well you can tell me after you play the game what tags should i add cos i don't have much time to play the game myself
;)

Will you add more tags? Since brainwashing is used, I think you should add the mind control tag.
done.

kivik

Game Developer
May 9, 2018
Damn! Gotta hate these huge downloads...it confuses hell out of me when the download starts and stops almost straight away.
Good job @kivik for keeping them light. :firstimekiss:
Thank you! I've actually been working on cutting down the portrait file sizes by compositing the images for 0.3.x. It means 0.3.x is currently smaller than 0.2.2, despite having a new character in it! Although it'll likely even out once all the new content's up :)

I liked it, even if it was very repetitive.
I think later, when having multiple subjects and things to do, this game can be great.
Thanks! The plan is that you're have more things to focus on in the future, not just subjects but slaves, facility management, research, and one day you may even leave the facility ;). I've got some big plans in mind, but I'm going to scale the game slowly.

I'm trying to keep all the mechanics flexible as much as possible to not code myself into a corner. If you guys have any suggestions, please feel free to put them here or on my patreon wall. I may not do everything, but I'm definitely open to ideas :)

Nevermourned

Aug 20, 2017
(Love the concept. And because I care about the concept, I'll try to be detailed and/or critical on evaluating the execution.

First thing I've noticed. I believe the game would benefit from a task setting 'None'. Catherine will refuse certain tasks when she's hungry, however if I just want to feed her, that shouldn't be an issue. Some days, filling her stomach should be a priority, especially if you've used Hunger to break her down in the past. My personal thoughts there, as my first run-through I used it as a hammer to attempt to break her resistance down faster. Probably not the best idea, but it was my first attempt and I noticed it.

The surprise turn-around was lovely. I'm a big fan of karma. Still, the way I played it, my guy's not exactly in a position to be... well, morally high-standing.

Also, as for the special second subject... I'm not sure what the parameters are for solo masturbation, but she's at zero modesty and resistance, and even her special stat, and when her arousal starts to get up, she takes care of masturbation herself... she's never agreed to do it for me. That's kind of frustrating, and not sure if intentional or not.

Otherwise, this is still quite interesting. I... would be even less forgiving than the main character, especially as I don't buy for a second the kind of twisted logic that was presented as the real reason... at all. Then again, I probably wouldn't have gone the path I did either, which was the fun 'everyone becomes a slave' path. But all that said, I found the game very straight-forward, and enjoyable. If I had any other suggestions based on observation as a whole, it might to make some of the food more filling, or allow for just 'feed them' task sets. And more options are always a plus, especially when we get to the second subject who we don't have to ask 'permission' for.

Oh! More things to talk to Karen about for the first subject. I almost completely ignored her after my first conversation because she didn't look like she had anything interesting to say, and almost totally missed the additional clothing options. Something to make it more evident that some things can only be unlocked by talking to her might be cool! And that's it for now, I'll be keeping an eye on this!)

Reactions: cvbn28c

ginger

Mar 17, 2017
I like how this game looks and its mind control style.
This game has great potential!
Enjoyable story so far, with good branches for the mod to work on.
One to watch

4.90 star(s) 7 Votes