VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Lika

Jun 3, 2017
Why can't he just finish the game And only after that, write when the game comes out?

LokiTime

May 20, 2017
Delayed again so?... *sigh* that why i stopped to be a Patreon for Him last month... I can understand some devs problems, but when its start to be "anytime" it's a bit disappointing for people, especially when they pay to help. Well, i'll not complain anymore, and i have to say thank you for those who share his game here, but crap, even if i respect alot the creator, he needs sometimes (my point of view) to be a bit more profesional, since he has people who support him by money.

*wait and see*

(and sorry for the bad english, not my native langage.)

enokard

Apr 25, 2017
I don't make a fuss about the deadline. How long did it take stephen king to write the Dark Tower ? He even planned to rewrite The Gunslinger to eliminate continuity errors and rewrite some parts and he did it. His fans asked him to finish his saga. He did not listen to them. He worked at his pace and wrote his saga from 1970 till 2003.

Luckily for him, he didn't need a patreon, he would have to bear all this pathetic shitstorm.

Some of you remind me Annie Wilkes...

QyNQ.png

berny

Jun 8, 2017
I was kind of euphoric about the game like 2 motnhs ago, when I first played it and was seriously considering becoming patreon, but I don't know, the euphoria is pretty much gone by now, I hope the update can remedy that.

@Zalok 100% agree with you on DMD, DOD not so much. I don't like the game much, because i hate MC, but he actually is trying to tell story with that whole dreamworld and the family members who are involved. If you aren't bothered by MC and the "silver dudes", I can understand why people like it.
But I agree that storywise "Dual Family" is way better, at least so far, I'm still kinda sceptical that too many characters might ruin the story.

Reactions: r3nown

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
How about people stress George RR Martin about get his books done so they could carry on with GOT the tv series without the writers of the show have to splitt off from the books?

He already explained why the delay. If you accept that or not, well it is what it is. I'm sure you can find something to fap to meanwhile. It's not like he keep your knob hostage.

Mirtugast

Dec 25, 2016
But I agree that storywise "Dual Family" is way better, at least so far, I'm still kinda sceptical that too many characters might ruin the story.
That's the problem with games like these. People hand over money and they want to fuck ladies. Can't have them fuck the main ladies because then people stop paying. So you HAVE to give them someone as fuck-fodder.

I understand people like the slow burn, but you can't just keep teasing. Eventually your repeated justifications for why it's taking so long ("he is my dad! this is so wrong but why does it feel so good? it doesn't count if I just lick it, right?!?!") start becoming extremely annoying.

enokard

Apr 25, 2017
That's the problem with games like these. People hand over money and they want to fuck ladies. Can't have them fuck the main ladies because then people stop paying. So you HAVE to give them someone as fuck-fodder.
25 bucks only to fuck all the ladies in a house ? Where do we sign ?

On a more serious note, if I want to fap, I am not going to wait the next update of BB, DF, The Twist or else. I use my fantasy or the many websites all around.
I play adult game to dream, to escape me of the real world, to read a story.

Last edited:
Reactions: paladin07

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
Has anyone here really expected he will keep his own deadline?
Why can't he just finish the game And only after that, write when the game comes out?
Same question honestly. That's from where all this insane amount of hate comes out. And he still choose to make deadline, when ge can just do it after finishing everything.

aweriel

Jun 18, 2017
I think, better little delay than will be bags of bugs.
BTW I love this game, I hope dev don't screw it.

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
No, i actually pay money exactly for a good writing and story. Believe it or not. Sex is just strawberries on top.

There has never been once when Gumdropgames released the game without any hiccups and almost everytime he comes up with some sort of excuses, it doesn't take anymore than 5 mins to finish his new update. The story isn't that compelling like Dating My Daughter and Dreams of Desire just some run of the mill generic incest story. What's disappointing is that he has the liberty of posting nude pinups of mom and sis in his patreon but can't incorporate those in the game due to the story progression being so damn slow because we are not remotely close to such a relationship with the significant other while this being the 5th update. To a certain extent i can understand the gratifying experience of earning something rather than being just given to you. And now that he is going to introduce the Aunt cuz why obviously he wouldn't every damn game is doing it he might just milk the same idea (screw coming up with something original), it gives him the green light to make the game even more tediously cocktease. From what we have seen so far my premonition is we won't be able to bone shit until ACT 50 or something arrives.
Your other two games doesn't have much story to begin with (or it's more of a "stupid as hell generic fantasy bullshit" + "i'm lord of the world" for teenagers), so i don't really know what are you talking about. Nothing smart i guess. I've seen this "he's milking" zillion times, you're just repeating others. Obviously someone didn't read his patreon much, when this pairings (exactly aunt) was there from the very beginning.

"The story isn't that compelling like Dating My Daughter and Dreams of Desire just some run of the mill generic incest story"? really? so you think a daughter who behaves like a 5 years old is not generic (and quite creepy to be honest)? or literal silver dudes doing all the work for you and the game becoming a series of random fuckfests? those two are as bad as they get when it comes to story. At least Gumdropgames is trying something more harmonious, even if he isn't delivering enough teasing. I welcome that.
We don't understand. Apperently fuckfest = story on this forum. We missing something. And when we talking about story, it's even different word from their "story". Because sex for them and bullshit braindead fantasy = story. They just skipping text anyway and waiting for juicy parts. That's what's up here. I acknowledge that some juicy parts in this games is may be pretty high quality (but not higher), but both games are nothing like Dual Family when it comes to story-telling and realistic progression. Especially if it's incest story. I don't care much about teasing, it's art. And Gumdrop knows how to turn this art into masterpiece. That's how i see it. Because careful tease here is might be one of best i've seen on patreon.

Last edited:

berny

Jun 8, 2017
I just played the newest update of DOD after my last post and I have to correct myself, it actually is pretty badly written, some of the dialogues are just horrible. Somehow my memory tricked me.
But the graphics are very nice and if having a mindless harem is your thing, then you can probably have a lot of fun with the game. It's probably unfair to bash the game too much, different games have different approaches and audience and DoD probably exactly deliveres what people want from the game, and from what I have read in the thread, people are very happy with the game and arguing which game is better can only lead to bad blood, so I'm gonna stop here and now and wish everybdy much fun with whatever game they prefer.

Edit: And personal taste aside, I think I have to agree with @wewlad. Regarding content and quality of content (in DOD's case especially renders), DoD is without much doubt superior to Dual Family.
Also, I have a question, maybe somebody knows more than me, but wasn't the new release like 4 hours ago?

Last edited:
Reactions: Versidius

wewlad

Aug 8, 2016
Looks hot as hell and exactly as plump as i like.

Total bullshit. Nothing of high quality. Story in Dreams of Desire is very meh, i can't even compare these two games. It's basically just a fuckfest, dialogues are mostly plain stupid, protagonist is dumb as fuck, everything with black fantasy dude seems extremely unnecessary. Basically teenager's wet dream. "Everything belongs to me" with some fantasy helping powers and things like that. It's too easy and repetitive. But yes, there IS a ton of content. Can't say i appreciate most of it, because text is very cringy.

And when Gumdrop trying to tell story with some feelings and realistic writing, everyone that likes dumb fuckfests begin to whine. Understandable at least.

You're making a bunch of baseless claims with no real arguments attached to them.

Dual Family has been an utter joke. The entire "party" scene was written in a laughable manner with unavoidable sequences because "god forbid we have any actual choices". This game has been in the works for months and you have at most, 15-20 minutes of content.

That is a complete joke compared to Dreams of Desire and the difference in popularity between the two games, shows.

Stop defending incompetent developers.

Last edited:

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
I've been reading the comments from afar for a while now, they are very entertaining to say the least, keep 'em coming.

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
Guys. You should really chill out. There's no accounting for tastes. Some pplz like DOD more than Dual Family and others prefer the latter. There are no prizes and no rewards for whoever thinks has the strongest arguments (or dick). Peace.

Balduko

Nov 5, 2016
You gain a point with mom or sister by having a conversation with an skeleton on your dreams, there's supernatural elements here too! :RarePepe:

Reactions: Dilettante
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes