VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

N1K17Y

Jun 12, 2017
the only reason people are bashing gumdrop is because we have nothing else to do. no update since march, its february now. if not for bashing him, this thread would have died at 100 and something page.
question is why are people defending him ? fine, you are supporting him for some reason, whatever. why do you have the need to keep justifying and arguing with some random people on the internet? either you wanna convince yourself that you are not getting screwed over or we are going into conspiracy territory.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
I think it's the other way around, Joshua Tree. How about we try 2 things?

1. Treat each other with respect like the song.
2. Leave politics in the swamp to thrive. Don't drag the swamp in here. That's an improvement and you don't want that, right?

LazyName

Aug 17, 2017
I understand you guys are frustrated at the whole gumdrop situation and venting your frustration. I also understand that when people come in and say "hey, maybe your criticisms are a bit extreme" it can really trigger your already sensitive dispositions. I dont hold any animosity toward you guys i just think that maybe you should feel less attacked when people disagree with you.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Shocking that this thread has once again devolved into a cesspool of personal insults and childish name-calling.

Anyway, please get back to discussing the game, not each other, follow the rules, etc. You all know the drill.

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I think there needs to be balance when it comes to these things. If patrons want to support him, that's their business, there's no need to call them names, everyone is free to give or not.

That being said, I personally don't understand it. I don't understand how he can generate that much revenue without some naivety at play here. I just hope people who put their faith in him are rewarded.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I think there needs to be balance when it comes to these things. If patrons want to support him, that's their business, there's no need to call them names, everyone is free to give or not.

That being said, I personally don't understand it. I don't understand how he can generate that much revenue without some naivety at play here. I just hope people who put their faith in him are rewarded.
Agree, but that is not unique to him though. You can find that with just about every cause and movement in real life, online and what not. In regard of creators of adult games on Patreon, there is those that shafted their fans and supporters in different ways and who pulled far more revenues than what GD does. End of the day we can't really do much more than respect differences and let the cards play out.

Pestilence

Jul 8, 2017
Missing deadlines is not unethical ...it's laziness

Laziness which leads to breaking of promises, made to the people supporting (the lazy person) ....is ethical??
You are simply assuming its laziness whereby in his own words, it would appear hes constantly working on it. Are you calling him a liar and if so how does that exclude him from being unethical? I would argue that the amount of deadlines, promises, etc. broken is a clear indicator that "laziness" is wishful thinking at best. To assume otherwise is very naive.

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
You are simply assuming its laziness whereby in his own words, it would appear hes constantly working on it. Are you calling him a liar and if so how does that exclude him from being unethical? I would argue that the amount of deadlines, promises, etc. broken is a clear indicator that "laziness" is wishful thinking at best. To assume otherwise is very naive.
I sort of agree with this. It's foolish to assume laziness.

But honestly, at this point I'm expecting his next release to be MONUMENTALLY different from what he has produced so far.

For example, a massive update with multiple hours of game play, a plethora of animations and a story that's been well thought out. Until we see his actual release, I don't think we can rule this out.

EDIT: Judging from his Christmas release... I might be massively naive.

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Game Compressor
Donor
Sep 18, 2017
I sort of agree with this. It's foolish to assume laziness.

But honestly, at this point I'm expecting his next release to be MONUMENTALLY different from what he has produced so far.

For example, a massive update with multiple hours of game play, a plethora of animations and a story that's been well thought out. Until we see his actual release, I don't think we can rule this out.

EDIT: Judging from his Christmas release... I might be massively naive.
This is really the only thing that you can expect after a year without updates.
It's also the only thing that will allow him to increase his number of patron again.
Everything else would be automatically sub-standard after all this wait without even a hint of progression.
Also it is massively naive for you to expect anything like that :LOL:

ju1zzed

Feb 18, 2018
It's also the only thing that will allow him to increase his number of patron again.
Everything else would be automatically sub-standard after all this wait without even a hint of progression.
100% true......

Reactions: xxx2

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I doubt it very much, I think many of his supporters are die hard fans and will be happy with anything he comes up with even if it's the same old we've seen from him... and that's really their business if they want to keep supporting him or not.

But I prefer to be diplomatic and give him the benefit of the doubt. Would I put my money behind it? Not a chance.

Reactions: -Hex-
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes