VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
No, it doesn't reflect me not liking the story, I liked the story just fine in the beginning. It's the god-awful writing, the pretentious bullshit that I don't like.
I can only imagine that all the people defending gumdrops writing are 15 year old kids, because at that age the "angst" is strong with them and every little bullshit just seems so tragic and important, just like gumdrop's writing and his characters.

The problem is that DF is NOT a build up to anything, it's just an endless limbo of a story not moving forward, because a dev is so in love with himself that he thinks his farts smell like roses.
I can always rely on you to leave me in hysterical fits of laughter.

Jim Webb

Jun 23, 2017
STEP RIGHT UP! STEP RIGHTTT UP! Come vote on the Gumdrops poll, get your two cents in on what you think will happen folks! (Link below)

View attachment 234504

I wanted to vote on Kyle, hitting people in the face with an Giant Rubber Dildo. But, Of course, that's already Happening So I think I will skip this Strawpoll Thanks!

Reactions: botc76

UncleNanard

I am to music what Kanye West is to adult games.
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
Did he says something on Discord ?
Patreon debits the 1st of the month? He is probably waiting to announce bad news so as not to lose too many patrons.

Reactions: dE_VoYd

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Did he says something on Discord ?
Patreon debits the 1st of the month? He is probably waiting to announce bad news so as not to lose too many patrons.
A good bet those not happy about him releasing any the 25th, with no words/news will remove their sub before any renewal the 1st. With his decline of Patreons from his all time high until what he got now, I'm not so sure he does care all that much about of patreon numbers. If he did he would been likely to work harder to grow/maintain the numbers.

sob

Apr 3, 2017
Can we just stop trying to convince Joshua Tree that this is a serious game and move on? It feels like he has a purpose to defend the game and its creator like no one else here.

I had an argument with some people in the Second Happiness thread and even with Vnorth over an year ago and now I am right. He had at that time 1,2k earnings and now he's at 900. Good game but shit developer. But he delivers every month. And even if it's a shit game in my opinion he deserves more money compared to this crook who did nothing for over a year now.

This time it's bad game shittier developer. Period. Even if the end product will be decent it will NEVER rise up to 100k+ that he milked from patreons.

The dev from Teacher's Pets is MIA for more than a year and he still has patreons because they forgot about it. Maybe they will be paying for 2 3 years for nothing. Is that right? The same is happening here.

I haven't payed a dime and will never pay anything to this crook. But I can express my opinion and I will everywhere that I can about a fraud that is happening so that other people don't fall to it.

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
guys you want to know whats funny you can always stop coming to the thread writing comments on the actual true about this developer there are tons of different games to be played sure i visiting this thread when im hungry for some drama but seriously

stop repeating what everyone knows its really getting old and doesnt do any good

the game is complete shit everyone knows this

play something else the visit becoming a rockstar Reincarnotica or vis all better games made within the last 6 months

the characters are shitty and have serious mental problems and give you depression literately based on the models never smiling and never seem to have a good time

acting lessons give you depression through story telling and characters you care about

the mom was the only reason i played this game but she was made to be put in a void of no progress

tons of better moms have been made since this game was created

MissSonicBoom

Feb 2, 2018
the game is complete shit everyone knows this
You know this post was fine until you came out with this bit, and it's the 3rd line too, why do you go from telling people to stop repeating what others have said, and then proceed to also say what others are saying? You can't have it both ways.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
With a total of 46 votes,
'I overestimated the work, it'll release in March' is in the lead with 16 VOTES!

Wow this is getting exciting guys,

-Dreamer-

Jun 1, 2017
I looked in his discord, his fans do not perceive critics and it seems to me in every way justify him (lick his ass - JOKE)
Their main arguments are: "You have no evidence that he is deceiving us" (This is reasonable, but no one forbids assuming the opposite)
"His third release failure may be related to his personal problems." (Ookaay?)
"He cannot tell about his problems because he is not like everyone else" (Are you f****ng serious?)
"We decide to pay him or not, and we want to support him because we believe in him" (Logical, but it sounds weird)
Why didn't he stop fundraising like other developers in similar situations? - "No answer"
This is my personal opinion, but it seems to me that his fans behave like religious fanatics... :confused: But it’s their choice, to be honest, I don’t care if the update comes out or not. I just like to watch this situation :D

Jashmyne

Oct 11, 2018
I wonder if these are people that spent so much money on this pledge already that they can't back out now. They are too far gone.

Reactions: dE_VoYd
Mar 22, 2018
You know this post was fine until you came out with this bit, and it's the 3rd line too, why do you go from telling people to stop repeating what others have said, and then proceed to also say what others are saying? You can't have it both ways.
Intersting... That GD is using this money for anothers things... But... Like he's not want to Share wat he's doing... Is clear to me that he's doing something for a great number of people but is not something etic or moral, right... what he's doing must be even illegal.

Mar 22, 2018
W
I looked in his discord, his fans do not perceive critics and it seems to me in every way justify him (lick his ass - JOKE)
Their main arguments are: "You have no evidence that he is deceiving us" (This is reasonable, but no one forbids assuming the opposite)
"His third release failure may be related to his personal problems." (Ookaay?)
"He cannot tell about his problems because he is not like everyone else" (Are you f****ng serious?)
"We decide to pay him or not, and we want to support him because we believe in him" (Logical, but it sounds weird)
Why didn't he stop fundraising like other developers in similar situations? - "No answer"
This is my personal opinion, but it seems to me that his fans behave like religious fanatics... :confused: But it’s their choice, to be honest, I don’t care if the update comes out or not. I just like to watch this situation :D
What is amazing that this Guy dont know How to gain money without trolling everyone.... He want this situation... Dont surprise me If he's Reading this... And laughing of me... You... Everybody. This is not a opinion... Im sure is true.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Intersting... That GD is using this money for anothers things... But... Like he's not want to Share wat he's doing... Is clear to me that he's doing something for a great number of people but is not something etic or moral, right... what he's doing must be even illegal.
You have to explain what you mean with "use this money for other things". Shouldn't creators on Patreon use the money they get as them selves see fit?

Setting dead lines, break his word and so forth is not morally right. But not illegal. The only thing a creator get that by repeatedly break his/her word is a bad reputation, which in turn will reflect on their support and decline of.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
My poll got deleted from the Discord, Lol.
139 votes though :p
Wonder how many of those 139 ever did support him by be a patreon of his and felt cheated due to it though. Ratio of upset patreons vs ratio of just "pissed off". That poll being removed from his discord not really a surprise. I think the likes of Electronic Arts, Activision etc would removed one of similar nature if posted on their forums :p

Reactions: allintine

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Wonder how many of those 139 ever did support him by be a patreon of his and felt cheated due to it though. Ratio of upset patreons vs ratio of just "pissed off". That poll being removed from his discord not really a surprise. I think the likes of Electronic Arts, Activision etc would removed one of similar nature if posted on their forums :p
you werent being Tonami captain material enough

I thought it might get deleted, at least we know Gumdrops is still watching, oh my...

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes