• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Using a random definition or not. Doesn't make it any less true though. I never said Gumdrop not responsible for delays, or breaking his word. I don't see it helpful for verbal abuse towards him (or any other creator) though. It doesn't change anything. Vote with your money, that is your best argument. I stopped support him over half a year ago. Saying no one asked for the xmas release he did? Well, as a patreon you not really in a position to demand what the creator going to create. Whether you are patreon of some creator of an adult game, or someone running a silly youtube channel all about eating competitions or what not. Being a patreon of any content creator is a gamble in regard of what you get back of entertainment value. You should base your decision on what they delivered so far, but you would be silly not to consider when the last content were released as well.

I believe people got free will, and can draw their own conclusions without have to be told what they should and should not spend on. It's likely he got new patreons come to replace those leaving. Not that unthinkable new patreons tip his jar due to previous work. It's not like I wouldn't be inclined to buy a old game, or a movie etc Look up "D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die" on steam, I bought it fully aware the chance of a new episode was NILL. Over all his patreon numbers is declining. If his focus was just to have a cash scheme to get as much as possible, he doing that poorly. I'm not any more lenient towards Gumdrop than I am any other creator. For those that want an abandoned tag on this thread, why not just make a "on hold" tag, it held more true.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
For those that want an abandoned tag on this thread, why not just make a "on hold" tag, it held more true.
Gum.png

As you can see it is already on hold. An abandoned tag would be the "right" consequence after what muttdoggy said back in October:

Hey.. how about I put this argument to rest???

Here's my suggestion -
If January 25, 2019 passes without an update from gumdrop, I will mark this game as abandoned on January 26, 2019.
And the only way to reverse any "on-hold" and "abandoned" status is by gumdrop delivering an update to this game. And I don't mean 20 images and a few screens, I mean an update that must be well over 200 quality images and 1000 words larger than 0.98 CE.

This way, we can stop the milking arguments
Either Mod changed his mind about the abandoned tag or he is delaying it for a few extra days (maybe until Feb.)...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
View attachment 234043

As you can see it is already on hold. An abandoned tag would be the "right" consequence after what muttdoggy said back in October:

Either Mod changed his mind about the abandoned tag or he is delaying it for a few extra days (maybe to Feb.)...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
My bad for not notice that. Problem with the abandoned issue though, is that he is still active on Patreon and social media I guess. It's kinda like you wanted to label Star Citizen abandoned because they broken release dates over and over and over. yet they still pulling in millions selling ingame ships and stuff before game not even fully released. Or just look at all the "early access" games on steam that not quite keeping their promise on time schedules of updates and progress either. Only thing you can really do is cut your support and walk away.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
well if we go with that argument, every dev can post anytime something in his patreon, even though his goal is not to release anything anymore
Well he did his xmas release, even though not what people were waiting for, it was a release.

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
Really @King Monkey Mon? Hahah an Anti-Nightcore version of the 'Dance with the devil' song by Breaking Benjamin. I am glad you reminded me of them, also just so you know, the quote on my signature is an altered quote from the movie "Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey" from the character of the Grim Reaper/Death and also the eerie last words from Robert Alton Harris.

- Quote from the movie, character Grim Reaper: [rapping] You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you dance with the reaper. [Twirls Scythe over his head and ducks so the blade doesn't hit it] Grim Reaper: Heh heh! Get down with your bad self!.

- Quote from Robert Alton Harris: "You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everybody dances with the grim reaper."
what can i say thats excellent and its evolution baby :p

Reactions: Paranoid_android

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
Part 10: My Daughter, My Lover
Dual Family Comic FAN-ART Update

• (75 total images, no loops. Downloadable MEGA version available soon)
Is my final chapter of the entire series and closing chapter for the Daughter arc. I won't be making any more comic fan-art strips, this is going to be my last fan-art comic strip. I now have a total of 14 Chapters divided into 3 sequences.

It's been hell of a ride but it's time to officially end this hobby of making Dual Family fan-arts for fun; I sadly no longer have the luxury of time at my disposal. It's been fun and thank you guys, especially the fans for all the support! Please do continue to tune in the thread. It often gets lonely in there.

Pre-Chapter 10 update log.
  • Chapters 5, 6, 11-13 are now considered non-canon in my comic universe.

Preview for Part 10.

comic10_66.png

The Complete Story so far.

• Mother series (Sequence 1)
    • (non-canon)
    • (non-canon)

• Daughter series (Sequence 2)

• Mother series (Sequence 3)
    • (non-canon)
    • (non-canon)
    • (non-canon)
    • (non-canon)

Bunta

May 6, 2018
I do not know if it's just me, but this delay in considering this game as abandoned makes me think about the reasons for the moderators not to do it yet, I believe that many other games have already been considered abandoned for much less.
Besides the delay in having some new update, I believe that the insistence on not declaring this game as abandoned also makes us wonder why the F95 team still insists that this is a live game and that it is only "on hold", since most of the public do not consider it, after all, it's been 10 months since we've received only long texts and a mediocre Christmas update (out of time as well as everything this guy does)

The question I ask is, what is the criteria for defining whether or not a game is abandoned on that site?

I would like to see you guys creating a [MILKING] TAG, it would be funny and a nice slap in the face of swindler developers

LazyName

Aug 17, 2017
Not a mod but i'm pretty sure the criteria for the abandoned tag include things like being completely silent and inactive for a certain amount of time or a straight up announcement of ending work on the project. I feel the mods are fans of these games like everyone else is so venting frustration in this thread about this game and saying they'll slap a tag on it was more just the frustrated fan in them acting out. As mods they also have to try their best to be truthful and curate the site to the best of their ability which is why i feel they're hesitating to put abandoned on the thread. For all of kyles shortcomings he's still a developer who actively engages with his community. I feel like if the mods wanted to appease some of the more disgruntled people here without having to put an untruthful tag up the "milking" idea isnt terrible if its well defined. Milking=this developer tends to miss deadlines/be incompetent which leads to long breaks between releases. Example could be [VN] [Ren'Py] [Onhold][milking].

kilo310

Jun 23, 2017
Not just "milking", correctly "milking money" for searcher, or "Gumdrop great thief"
Not a mod but i'm pretty sure the criteria for the abandoned tag include things like being completely silent and inactive for a certain amount of time or a straight up announcement of ending work on the project. I feel the mods are fans of these games like everyone else is so venting frustration in this thread about this game and saying they'll slap a tag on it was more just the frustrated fan in them acting out. As mods they also have to try their best to be truthful and curate the site to the best of their ability which is why i feel they're hesitating to put abandoned on the thread. For all of kyles shortcomings he's still a developer who actively engages with his community. I feel like if the mods wanted to appease some of the more disgruntled people here without having to put an untruthful tag up the "milking" idea isnt terrible if its well defined. Milking=this developer tends to miss deadlines/be incompetent which leads to long breaks between releases. Example could be [VN] [Ren'Py] [Onhold][milking].

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I do not know if it's just me, but this delay in considering this game as abandoned makes me think about the reasons for the moderators not to do it yet, I believe that many other games have already been considered abandoned for much less.
Besides the delay in having some new update, I believe that the insistence on not declaring this game as abandoned also makes us wonder why the F95 team still insists that this is a live game and that it is only "on hold", since most of the public do not consider it, after all, it's been 10 months since we've received only long texts and a mediocre Christmas update (out of time as well as everything this guy does)

The question I ask is, what is the criteria for defining whether or not a game is abandoned on that site?

I would like to see you guys creating a [MILKING] TAG, it would be funny and a nice slap in the face of swindler developers
You two, should bring the idea about a milking tag to the "New Feature Request Thread".

I'm really curious how TCMS will react to it?! :unsure:

R1zark

Feb 11, 2018
I wish I could add the "abandoned" tag but he's still talking about the game so technically it's not abandoned since gumdrop is still active.
But I would still urge caution against supporting him since he's had a bad track record of overpromising and not delivering or underpeforming. Case in point, he's done some "extra pics" and stuff. And the "Christmas special" looked and felt like a gallery of images recycled from the main game so I honestly doubt all or even most of that content was new. My suspicion is that he reused some scripts and assets and cranked a small story out to "pacify" his patreons and appear like he is delivering. But he's not. And that's my point.
I know of two games so far that have returned from a hiatus of a year or more.. and both games were abandoned again. In my opinion, the odds of gumdrop actually delivering or even releasing anything drops by the day. You should all know that.
Lmao. Keep talking for 50 years o'mighty kyle. And this thread will never put on abandoned tag~

Reactions: satoshi36

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
You two, should bring the idea about a milking tag to the "New Feature Request Thread".

I'm really curious how TCMS will react to it?! :unsure:
There is many games out there that never seems to move towards completion, that just keep going and going, and going. Isn't that a form for milking as well? How about other games in the industry that keep release dlc's and such. Even day 1 dlc that is just nothing more than "unlock" of content already included in your initial download/install. Not that long ago I saw an creator on this site got accused of milking and when I checked his patreon, he had 2 supporters. I think such labels would be the wrong approach to it. Who should police it? (angry) mob rule?

There is "on hold" tags and later "abandoned". And review feature of the thread. Review bombing is a way for players out there to show dismay with creators, publishers and what not. To be taken somewhat serious in an review you kinda need to put in more than "x & y is an asshole and a milker" though.

satoshi36

Dec 7, 2017
Ok now leaving that gumdrop amm pardon joshua tree guy aside let's get to the matter in hand, where's the ABANDONED tag?!

Sandinist

Sep 26, 2017
This whole "mark as abandoned" seems pretty masturbatory, then again it is kinda ridiculous how long we've had to wait for an update, but ultimately I can't imagine it being marked doing that much harm to his bottom line.

At the end of the day I just can't get as mad as everyone, but admittedly I've never paid any money, and honestly there have been some other pretty amazing games to take up my time. If it ever gets updated it would be a nice treat, but at this point there are other games to obsess over.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
We really should move on past the abandoned/milking conversation. First, let me define "abandoned". If he stops the progress meter and quits responding for a few months then that's when we apply the "abandoned" tag. No activity and no release is what is needed for the tag.

What is stopping us from having a convincing case that this is abandoned is a supposed meter he has documenting progress on the update which has been showing progress. So we don't actually have a strong case to say it's abandoned because of that progress meter and the fact that his comments on Patreon generally line up with that progress meter. I'm aware some of you say he's lying and others say he isn't. As to the lying/abandonment issue, only time will tell.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that he's lying because of the delays and his excuses for those. So I made the comment in October to prod gumdrop and his Patreons into discussing this and doing something. Personally, I don't consider the "Last Christmas" release to be meaningful since it apparently caused him to blow past... yet another deadline! Here are my points.
1- A picture or a pinup is not a sign of progress to me.
2- Blowing past deadlines with different excuses builds distrust. This is one of the reasons the "on hold" tag was applied.
3- "Last Christmas"??? Really, dude? That could have waited until AFTER the game was done. It could have been longer and more polished by that time. This is where I can tell gumdrop's priorities are messed up. If he's talking about a game, stick to it!
3- Routine "test builds" as he builds up the chapter would be evidence that it's not abandoned or on hold. That's been brought up to him and it's not been done.

There's at least a handful of things gumdrop could have done or his patrons could have clamored for. More accountability, stick with the right priorities, give them test builds. You know why test builds are important? Let's say gumdrop is telling the truth. Let's suppose that he's got all these 2400+ images and when all that's done, he's gotta write and then code the dialogues. He's doing this one of two ways.. scene by scene or the whole thing at once. If he's doing this scene by scene, he could do test builds to shake out the bugs as he goes along. But I've not seen that happen. The takeaway is this- if he's really doing this and is still going solo, he's really in over his head and it might literally break the entire game. That's why I have serious doubts.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
We really should move on past the abandoned/milking conversation. First, let me define "abandoned". If he stops the progress meter and quits responding for a few months then that's when we apply the "abandoned" tag. No activity and no release is what is needed for the tag.

What is stopping us from having a convincing case that this is abandoned is a supposed meter he has documenting progress on the update which has been showing progress. So we don't actually have a strong case to say it's abandoned because of that progress meter and the fact that his comments on Patreon generally line up with that progress meter. I'm aware some of you say he's lying and others say he isn't. As to the lying/abandonment issue, only time will tell.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that he's lying because of the delays and his excuses for those. So I made the comment in October to prod gumdrop and his Patreons into discussing this and doing something. Personally, I don't consider the "Last Christmas" release to be meaningful since it apparently caused him to blow past... yet another deadline! Here are my points.
1- A picture or a pinup is not a sign of progress to me.
2- Blowing past deadlines with different excuses builds distrust. This is one of the reasons the "on hold" tag was applied.
3- "Last Christmas"??? Really, dude? That could have waited until AFTER the game was done. It could have been longer and more polished by that time. This is where I can tell gumdrop's priorities are messed up. If he's talking about a game, stick to it!
3- Routine "test builds" as he builds up the chapter would be evidence that it's not abandoned or on hold. That's been brought up to him and it's not been done.

There's at least a handful of things gumdrop could have done or his patrons could have clamored for. More accountability, stick with the right priorities, give them test builds. You know why test builds are important? Let's say gumdrop is telling the truth. Let's suppose that he's got all these 2400+ images and when all that's done, he's gotta write and then code the dialogues. He's doing this one of two ways.. scene by scene or the whole thing at once. If he's doing this scene by scene, he could do test builds to shake out the bugs as he goes along. But I've not seen that happen. The takeaway is this- if he's really doing this and is still going solo, he's really in over his head and it might literally break the entire game. That's why I have serious doubts.
You gotta keep this thread running, lol.
The historian in me needs to document what happens next.
But the Captain in me needs to make witty commentary.

Any chance we could add a new tag? My suggestions:
'Comedy'
'Social Experiment'

Feel free to add others, this is a gold mine for this community.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes