VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
Fan-Art comic Release!
Part 12. Mama's encouragement.

Fan-Art comic series totaling to 11 Chapters.

It's four months and we're close to Chapter 10's 5th month development time. It's likely we're going to receive only 2 releases this year, imagine how long this game will be milked before abruptly abandoned, it's more likely we'll never get to see significant action or how the story ends. If you're exhausted from the waiting or new to the game, visit the . Tons of dedicated fan-art from fans of the game and has more significant action than the game itself. Guaranteed no skeletons.

Happy Wanking!

A360

Jun 29, 2018
I really enjoy the game but at the same time I truly do not get the father in this at all. I don't know how far in I am (cinema) but he's confusing. Kissing at a cinema and his sister in laws bikini bother him to a level I don't think it would my grandmother and he gives lectures about vices. I'm half expecting a scene of him knitting on a chair moaning about the kids these days and all their sexual deviancy.

While at the same time he's fantasizing about his niece and daughter and presumably acts on them impulses later in the game. It's just a strange mix.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I really enjoy the game but at the same time I truly do not get the father in this at all. I don't know how far in I am (cinema) but he's confusing. Kissing at a cinema and his sister in laws bikini bother him to a level I don't think it would my grandmother and he gives lectures about vices. I'm half expecting a scene of him knitting on a chair moaning about the kids these days and all their sexual deviancy.

While at the same time he's fantasizing about his niece and daughter and presumably acts on them impulses later in the game. It's just a strange mix.
I think the Dad´s problems (and in part the Mom´s, she did not want her daughter waer the bikini, so she is not very open on this as well) is put in to clearly position the game in the Americas. Please do not get it the wrong way, but there are regions over the Big pond which are rather prudish.
Another case in point is that when the Father and Daughter go to the restaurant for dinner, it is mentioned she is too young to drink. For God´s sake, she´s 18/19 and no wine or beer! Here in Germany you can drink/buy beer and wine (other lightly alcoholic stuff) at age 16 (14 if a parent is with you) and harder stuff like Whisky at age 18. That are the rules in public, private consumation of alcohol stays traditionally unregulated.
Despite some rather infamous incidents of youth binge drinking (which actually is becoming rarer again), beer and wine regulations stay and are enforced rather lax, hard stuff regulations on the other hand are enforced stronger than in earlier times.

Reactions: A360

Radoslaw Wolf

May 23, 2017
Looking forward to seeing the next episode of The Farquaad Family assuming I do not expire of old age first.
You just ruined "creator's" brilliant plan.. We were all supposed to age til we lose our memory -> success!

Now what..? He's got to do some actual development.. See what you've done..?

Cal

Oct 18, 2016
Kyle's "Progress Tracker" reminds me of staring at the download dialogue box on my old Windows XP computer, waiting for a download (on dialup internet, of course) to finish. Those were the days- the 50MB file that took 45 minutes to download- it's very much like waiting for these recent DF updates. My working theory is that Kyle can only work on the game in the wee hours of the night, while his mommy and daddy are asleep. During the day, he has chores around the house to complete before they get home from work. Eventually he'll manage to get this update ready- unless he gets grounded by his parents for making dirty pictures on his computer.

Jim Webb

Jun 23, 2017
Last update was 4 months ago?
I remember the good old days when he would "accidentally" postpone releases by a day or two.
Don't you miss it? Sure the updates where small and had as poor storyline progreesion as it does now, but at least you knew Kyle was putting real effort into pretending he wasn't just milking his donors every month. Now he does not even have to do that he know's they will keep giving him money regardless of what he does.

Aug 8, 2017
Have been (and hope to someday again) enjoy this game/story.
Personally not having the ability to create such art on my own, I have no choice but to maintain a level of patience while waiting for the next installment... but even still.. I just can't help but feel...
gumdrop.jpg
I do believe I am understanding the significance of that damn dream skeleton more and more each day. :rolleyes:

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
Last update was 4 months ago?
I remember the good old days when he would "accidentally" postpone releases by a day or two.
hello darkness my old friend?
Don't you miss it? Sure the updates where small and had as poor storyline progreesion as it does now, but at least you knew Kyle was putting real effort into pretending he wasn't just milking his donors every month. Now he does not even have to do that he know's they will keep giving him money regardless of what he does.
before he revamped the renders on version 0.4 i think it was the game was actually quite enjoyable then greed set in

yobyo1

Oct 30, 2017
I think people should come to expect this from every Patreon artist at some point or another considering the rate at which games end up unfinished is probably 90+%. I don't even hold it against the creators anymore. Just try to enjoy the game while I can and hope that one day they'll return to making the game. Hell, I'm starting to enjoy it a little to be honest, lol. When I get a notification from a creator that's been gone a while I get pretty hyped.

dE_VoYd

Apr 3, 2018
Have been (and hope to someday again) enjoy this game/story.
Personally not having the ability to create such art on my own, I have no choice but to maintain a level of patience while waiting for the next installment... but even still.. I just can't help but feel...
View attachment 131347
I do believe I am understanding the significance of that damn dream skeleton more and more each day. :rolleyes:
May be he was one of the patreons of the parallel universe....

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I think people should come to expect this from every Patreon artist at some point or another considering the rate at which games end up unfinished is probably 90+%. I don't even hold it against the creators anymore. Just try to enjoy the game while I can and hope that one day they'll return to making the game. Hell, I'm starting to enjoy it a little to be honest, lol. When I get a notification from a creator that's been gone a while I get pretty hyped.
I see where you come from, but there is a difference when it comes to gumdrop.
Take "Inner bimbo": This game is updated twice a year max. But this is ok, the developer stated from the beginning that he could not update often. You know what you get and he/she was open about it. No problem for me, I know what to expect and I am glad any time I see a new update.
Gumdrop on the other hand, promises things he consistently cannot/does not keep, lied several times and most of his explanations are wordy, but mostly lies. Take his repeated boasting about his new PC-hardware, how it would make anything go much faster. LOL, he got even slower! Even accounting for a bigger than normal update, 4 months+ (and still waiting) with special hardware is an insult to whole fanbase! Other developers, with worse hardware need 2 months, tops, for an update of comparable quantity and quality!
Take GGGB: In the time gumdrop updated ZERO times, Eva Kiss updated her game 5 times, with much content and good art! Only the last update was rather short, but that is ok, Eva explained beforehand that she goes on holiday and we should expect an unusaully short update. And "surprise", nobody was grumpy, because normally Eva delivers high quality updates in regular intervals. She has earned her holidays.

Reactions: Paranoid_android
Aug 8, 2017
[QUOTE="Have been (and hope to someday again) enjoy this game/story.
Personally not having the ability to create such art on my own, I have no choice but to maintain a level of patience while waiting for the next installment... [/QUOTE]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fortunately we have the artists here that strive to keep us fulfilled until the next installment.. only working for likes and thanks (which they never get enough of (myself included in not offering enough appreciation))
So while I am here, please allow me to Thank You! all for sharing your time and artwork with us! :kissingheart:

fanart1.jpg

Reactions: King Monkey Mon
Jul 14, 2017
[With all the new hardware fully operational, the slow segments pose a much less intimidating foe. If you remember last week, the many additional GPUs increased my total rendering speed 2.5x from what it was a few weeks ago. Whether it's splitting 30 minutes or 3 hours, I'm very happy with the time save and the amount of content I'll be able to squeeze in Part X as a result] :eazyHype: ............. 4 month later :FeelsBadMan:

The 10k for those who work on the fanart the deserves well, oh is down gone to 8k my little finger tells me that it will accelerate the movement :test:

Siddington

Sep 11, 2017
I hope patrons halt their pledges this time, no more renewals until shit gets done.

I hope Abby and the Discord White Knights finally stop fondling Kyle's balls.
I'll be honest. Abby S*****o was the main reason I stopped paying any attention to Gumdrops Discord channel. At the slightest hint of a negative view from someone she/he (no clue sorry) would swoop in and either straight up personally attack that person or rage so hard I'm surprised there wasn't nerve damage incurred. Criticism, even if constructive is barely allowed a look in. Am I right in thinking this update is still at least a couple of weeks away? Realistically going on current time per update, this could possibly be the last update this year. Honestly, saying that in August is absolutely insane.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes