VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

TheFapperBoy

Aug 13, 2017
$30k contributions since last update, was considering giving this a go but a bit more sceptical now..... is it worth it in its current state or is it going to be a case of blue balls?
Don't expect Dreams of Desire, or Milfy City when you play this. If you can accept that, the game is definitely worth keeping up with, especially since the last 2 updates. I think the relationship between the Mom, and Son is flourishing really nicely now. They still have a ways to go when it comes to developing a sexual relationship, but their love for one another is finally starting to change from "Family" to "Lovers". I really like that. If that's not your speed, then yeah, you won't be satisfied with this game at all.

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Yeah this is definitely a slow-burn character play. The pace makes for a more believable transition than many of the other games. On the flipside, though, is a lack of gratification, at least at this stage. I figure a few updates down the line with start delivering the payoff.

Reactions: Sandinist
Jul 14, 2017
the story is not a problem it's mostly the time between each update that disturbs the 0.98 version was long, so when he says new material to go faster on finds strange that this is also long than before

TheFapperBoy

Aug 13, 2017
Capture.PNG

Speaking of progress... it seems that Gumdrop has updated the progress bar today. Segments in progress are still the same as last time, and so are the completed segments. But it seems that the total scene count has gone up from 512/X to 579/X. I'm going to assume that's the total image count so far, so that's an additional 67 images that have been added.

Amonlip9000

Donor
Sep 15, 2017
Part 9 end is exciting, I play son route.

This game is awesome. I hope that part 10 will have further development. I can't wait.:FeelsGoodMan::FeelsGoodMan::FeelsGoodMan:

Lika

Jun 3, 2017
View attachment 117750

Speaking of progress... it seems that Gumdrop has updated the progress bar today. Segments in progress are still the same as last time, and so are the completed segments. But it seems that the total scene count has gone up from 512/X to 579/X. I'm going to assume that's the total image count so far, so that's an additional 67 images that have been added.
Usually in release 1,000+ the images. It took 8 days to progress 67 pictures.
If we calculate that there will be exactly 1000 pictures, then there are still 48 days until the release

flanby

May 25, 2017

Heyo!

The Part X progress tracker is updated every 3-4 days, so visit my site if you're the curious type!

Once in a while, it'll show an "Under Maintenance" page when I'm doing testing -- it shouldn't be longer than a day at a time, usually. If it ever says something like "can't access this site or ip", that's likely caching from a time where the site was down. To fix it, reset the cache for the site in your browser's preferences and try it again. That, or use another browser if you're in a hurry.

Setting up Phase II for the site has been keeping me busier than I would have liked, but I'll still be pushing out other content this week & weekend. Pinups and perhaps a random amusement -- drop by if you can!

Part X Progress!

The final two slow segments, those being F_Sun and S_Sun, are now over a third complete. The F_Sun seg is further along and will be switched from "currently rendering" to "near complete" sometime this weekend or early next week! I'll continue crunching as hard as I can to reach the fast segments, which can be ripped through at a fraction of the previous segment's time, as you already know.

Regarding concern of Part X's development time, I'd like to echo what I said in last week's comment section in case you missed it. A user brought forward a reasonable question:

"...When will the game be updated ? The last update was at the end of March. We are at the end of June. I thought the update was every month like my payment. Three months it's too much." -Max

I suppose it depends on what you personally find more important, more content per update or a slim dev cycle. If you prefer a 4-5 week cycle, then I can only reasonably create 4-5 weeks of content for that release. With more weeks per cycle, I can afford to create a more fleshed, comfortably paced story part than I would be able to with a fraction of that time.

At least for the Act I finale, I’ve decided not to compromise the story pacing and amount of content for a slimmer cycle -- I feel that me being thoroughly, ruthlessly meticulous is now more important than ever. If that’s unappealing, you can always rescind your pledge until release and then enjoy it!

Beyond that, there's not much else to report other than the more boring stuff, such as purchasing additional fans and PSU distribution to keep 25 GPUs cool and comfortable. As always, feel free to hop in discord or shoot me a message/email if you have questions about the story or process. I've got a couple to catch up on, but I'll be able to get back to you within a few days tops!

Part X Content!

For most of Act I, interactions between characters have been limited to 1v1 by the vast majority, sometimes having a third to join the conversation and inevitable dramatics. Particularly, the main household and its immediate members seem to use everything in their power to avoid seeing each other, at least all at once. Someone always wants to drag someone somewhere, for a relabeled date or something trivial.

While this certainly is a great way to get intimate with one specific person, it seems to distance the household's members from one another and refuses to address, resolve their many problems. With emotions caught in a confused, perhaps painful flurry, you will finally have a chance to act upon that opportunity. There will certainly be segments where you have your alone time with your particular loved one, but you'll also witness how all these characters fair when facing each other, all at once.

Who does The Youth respect, whose authority is she willing to submit to? Does The Matriarch really not mind her husband spending so much time with these young women, will she continue to be passive about it? The two men of the house; there's been attempts at apology and forgiveness, but will you continue to offer that even in light of recent events? On the final day at the final hour, who will leave, who will stay?

These questions and more seek to be answered, at your discretion. Nearly every character, both major and minor will appear in the Act I finale -- hopefully you understand why there's so much to develop this time around! You can still juggle multiple hearts if that's your choice, just be more conscious of who you kiss, where you are and who might be watching.

Here's another thing: don't worry about maxing relationship points for anyone but the main pairings for each campaign, F/D and M/S. Those two are the only ones that have specific game-changing differences depending how many points you gained during Act I. If you're not interested in those particular women in those campaigns, you don't have to worry either.

For the other pairings/characters, they're more open to you depending on your immediate decisions. You won't be forced into a specific, enclosed relationship path with anyone until the ending parts of Act III, so don't feel shy showing many if not all the ladies some love! I'm sure they will appreciate it. :]

Website Phase II - Users & Pledging!

Obviously the site didn't make last week's mark, which is kind of disappointing. Regardless of the reason behind it, I want to apologize for missing that. If you don't mind the read, I'll share the nitty-gritty of what's left before Phase II can be launched in in all its glory!

In short, the site-side technical stuff, design and other miscellaneous smoothing was all finished last week. What happened to be a larger nesting doll than I had anticipated was the payment processor and merchant stuff, requiring a bit more grooming before I'm completely satisfied with it.

For example, a very cool feature Patreon's billing system has is the ability to pay the difference between two pledge tiers instead of paying the full amount. This means paying only $7 when upgrading from $5 to $12, instead of the full $12. That's definitely one of the features I want to solidify before launching, as I'm sure there's many of you who want to switch tiers mid-month or to use the brand new billing option I'm including for convenience.

Which brings me to my next bit I want to share: the additional choice of a 3-month pledge, for each and every reward! Similar to many other subscription models, choosing to pledge three months at a time will give you a price discount, that discount being greater for larger pledges like the $20 CE Club. For those who plan to support myself and this story's development for extended periods of time, I figured you would enjoy this addition!

The rest of Phase II is related to setting up the payment processor's back end, all of the merchant stuff. So far, I've tested a handful of transactions to make sure everything's secure and that the user's pledge token unlocks the proper rewards/content. The primary payment processor and merchant account I established had to be carefully chosen, as some companies are more strict with adult content than others -- I'm sure you're familiar. PayPal in particular will freeze/shut down merchant accounts that sell adult content and services, so having them be our processor wasn't an option.

I thankfully found a processor that's both established (a subsidiary of VISA themselves, funnily enough) and doesn't mind a few ladies showing some extra skin. Plus, they let me bug them over the phone into the wee hours of the night, answering my many questions -- that's also nice! :]

Another kink I ironed out was the billing descriptor, essentially what will show up on your bank statement after pledging. It likely wasn't a concern to you before since all pledges on Patreon are simply labeled as "Patreon", regardless of the creators you pledge to. For those who don't want their support to me being one google search away from possible embarrassment with someone who shares your bank account, I've changed the descriptor to be more discreet. All pledges will show up as "GDG Patronage" on your statement -- GDG is a abbreviation that I haven't used for posting any of my content online and will not be linked, if that's a concern for you. If you'd like to avoid anything on any statement at all, physical or online gift cards always do the trick!

As I said last week, I'll be making transfers from Patreon to my site quite smoothly if that's something you're interested in. If you've already pledged on Patreon for the month, I will transfer that over to my site and you'll have access to all the same rewards, plus the ones exclusive for supporters on my site. I've shared two so far, the priority download for game releases and the uncompressed 4k version -- there's more in the pipeline, so I hope you'll look forward to it!

The rest of Phase II will be dealt with carefully since I want to have all features and whistles working perfectly once it's in the air. For the moment, I'll list it as coming out next week -- if it's out before or after, you'll be the first to know!

· CE Club Nude Pinup Pack II [Complete!]

· CE Club Nude Pinup Pack III [Complete!]

· CE Club Nude Pinup Pack IV [Complete!]

· Website Phase I Launch - Progress Tracker [Complete!]

· Three more Part X previews [Complete!]

· CE Club Nude Pinup Pack V [Complete!]

· CE Club Nude Pinup Pack VI [Complete!]

· (Coming this week!) CE Club Nude Pinup Pack VII

· (Coming next week!) Web Phase II Launch (Users & pledges)

· Dev updates, previews, pinups & other goodies for all patrons

· Part X!

That's everything for now! I'll be putting more time into Part X than the site stuff compared to last week, hopefully blasting the greater portion of those last two slow segments. As always, fire a message my way via Patreon, email or discord and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for dropping by and I'll hope to find you here again next week!

Best, lads. See you around!

Gumdrop Games

Crel

Jun 5, 2018
$30k contributions since last update, was considering giving this a go but a bit more sceptical now..... is it worth it in its current state or is it going to be a case of blue balls?
I'd say it's worth it. The main story lines do not have much nudity or any sexual stuff yet (although I think I heard something about a BJ somewhere), but some side content does. If the mom or sis are your thing, extra unlockables in the game have some nice images. I wouldn't be surprised if X ends with some sexual acts on the main lines, but I guess we'll see in a month or so, maybe.

Personally, I pledge the month of a release and drop it after it's paid. Not paying $20 or $25 for an update.

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say it's worth it. The main story lines do not have much nudity or any sexual stuff yet (although I think I heard something about a BJ somewhere), but some side content does. If the mom or sis are your thing, extra unlockables in the game have some nice images. I wouldn't be surprised if X ends with some sexual acts on the main lines, but I guess we'll see in a month or so, maybe.

Personally, I pledge the month of a release and drop it after it's paid. Not paying $20 or $25 for an update.
It's funny when I convinced Kyle to do pinup renders, he got subtly triggered when i stated, "imagine the milk money flowing". Now, he has 30k for 3 months witth no updates. This developer is a sly as ever knowing Abby and the rest of his ce patrons will continue to worship him despite his incompetence.

Do what the most are doing, pledge a dollar to keep up with the updates and only pledge 20 during the release. He already affirmed there will no sex-related pinups, not worth the 20.

TheFapperBoy

Aug 13, 2017
It's funny when I convinced Kyle to do pinup renders, he got subtly triggered when i stated, "imagine the milk money flowing". Now, he has 30k for 3 months witth no updates. This developer is a sly as ever knowing Abby and the rest of his ce patrons will continue to worship him despite his incompetence.

Do what the most are doing, pledge a dollar to keep up with the updates and only pledge 20 during the release. He already affirmed there will no sex-related pinups, not worth the 20.
He'd be an idiot to not do Hardcore Pin ups for people that support him directly on his website. That would be a huge incentive for people. I like the Pin ups that he's released so far, but that well is going to dry up soon. There's only so many ways you can pose the same 4 girls, before it starts to get stale.

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
He'd be an idiot to not do Hardcore Pin ups for people that support him directly on his website. That would be a huge incentive for people. I like the Pin ups that he's released so far, but that well is going to dry up soon. There's only so many ways you can pose the same 4 girls, before it starts to get stale.
I specifically asked for hardcore pinups: dildos, vibrators or at least a sybian. Despite him agreeing with my proposal, he states he won't make any hardcore pinups as it would object or nullify the "teasing" mechanic he's exploiting this whole time. Don't expect any, there won't be.

The proposal was meant for all patrons down to a dollar pledge but ce patrons insisted it should be exclusive for 20 pledgers. It was a landslide he immediately agreed on. My pinup proposal is supposed to be a compensation for the delay, he's now exploiting it to further his ce interests. He's continually pumping pinups now to silence the discord amongst patrons.

Milk money I call it. As long as ce patrons remain blindly drooling over his pinups, that 10k/month keeps flowing.

SyddSparty

May 13, 2018
@Vanaduke See, I've noticed this being mentioned time and again and considering the little timetable he puts up, you always notice that he is focusing on those pinups over the next installment of the game. I've been wondering what his actual priorities are in this instance as he seems to be obsessed with pinups and to me, seems like he's putting a lot of time into those, rather than releasing the game early. It amazes me how he's not pissing off patrons that are paying him stupid amounts of money...

Reactions: dE_VoYd
2.10 star(s) 189 Votes