DO YOU LIKE MTL GAMES IN THIS COMMUNITY?

DO WE NEED MTL GAMES IN THIS COMMUNITY?

• Yes, language is not important for me

• Yes, only if it is an edited translation

• No, but it'd be better to post them in the special translation thread before moving to the main one

• No, I generally hate MTL games

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
Why are these stupid poll needed? What is the point of this poll?
The forum was created for adults, there are thousands of games for different audiences.
Your question is solved by simply reading the description of the topic, use tags and making an independent decision to download or not. Do not like the translation or something else - look for a game that suits you. If you see that the game contains a bad translation, why do you download and play it?

It is difficult to find a person who will say that he likes games with bugs and errors in the text. A normal person, in principle, cannot like it. Any author of the game seeks to make the final version stable and of high quality. And in most cases this is what happens. If someone makes a low-quality product, they will not pay him or he will not be able to attract a sufficient audience.

The final version in most cases is finalized and has no errors.

For all games that are not completed, do not have an official translation, it is impossible to apply the requirements the same as for the final game with an official translation.

The user has the choice to wait for the final version and enjoy the quality of the game and text, or use what is now. A lot of good games are made not in English, there is no translation at all, or it is done in 5-10 years (and that is not always official). And if someone made an amateur translation of a good game, where you can understand the essence, then why should this not be?
Many users have to play the game without translation in the original language...
According to this logic, it is necessary to prohibit all demos and everything that is not the final version. Because bugs are more annoying than text, etc.

If you are a fan of good text in the game, then you can play in the original language (for example, in Japanese). But I do not know Japanese, and I am quite satisfied with an amateur translation.
You don’t know the language, but you don’t like the amateur translation. Wait for the official professional translation and do not stop others from making their choice.

A game forum exists for this, that to have all possible options are available.
Many games are made for several years, as well as good translations. A huge audience is interested in this.
And your poll is contrary to the specifics of the forum and the question itself is pretty stupid. Since there are rules for posting games on the forum and everything is spelled out there. The user chooses what to do. The forum is intended for any work at any stage of development, respectively, most of such work will contain bugs and poor translation (where is the translation done).

If you go to the store and there they sell something that you will never need, will you also demand to ban selling it? Make a poll whether you like "living in a house without a roof" or "in a fully finished house". All this also matches your poll.

Yes, language is not important for me - Language as well as quality is important to everyone. This is what the author of the game/ translation and any user strive for. No one in their right mind makes a game by specially placing bad text in it or by specially placing bugs.

Yes, only if it is an edited translation - Who will do the "edited translation" and how to understand that it is edited. The author first does something, finds errors and fixes them himself. And this editing can take from several hours to several months. An edited translation can be the next day or a year later ... And sometimes untranslated places can be found in the already edited several times version....

No, but it'd be better to post them in the special translation thread before moving to the main one - Who will do this special translation branch, and why even put such a condition. The author himself decides how to work. One game can be translated by several people separately from each other. Sometimes there is a branch with translation, sometimes it is not there. But there is always an OP where everything is written. (If an official game comes out with an official translation, this is prescribed in the OP. If a temporary translation comes out or a translation request is also written in the OP. And the thread are different.)

No, I generally hate MTL games - Okay, go play in what you like. Read the description, choose the conditions that suit and play ...

Any translation involves a lot of work. You need not only to translate the game into another language, you also need to seriously work with the game system so that the text displays correctly and there are no bugs. In essence, translation is the process of creating a new game. And the more complex the original, the more difficult the work of the translator. Sometimes writing a new game is easier and faster than translating the old one.
Therefore, the translation of games must be treated accordingly. These are the same authors who can make a bug, miss an error, but always strive to fix everything, and try do it well.
While people work and do at least something, without forcing anyone to use their work. Other people come who do nothing but want to get only quality work and are ready only to conduct polls on a topic in which they themselves are poorly versed ......

Last edited:

Marie Mamiya

Aug 14, 2017
True, that could actually be an idea for this website / community.
Just like there are moderator, jr. Uploader, modder, staff member, etc.
There could maybe be some kind of reviewer / tester or anything which are allowed to publish a sort of rating/review of the translation quality.
Or really just an independent voting system so that users can differentiate between vanilla mtl and edited mtl
Perfect! That's why I have created this poll!

It'd be wise to distinguish edited and non-edited MTL. Therefore I propose to create a special thread for non-edited MTL which could be normally translated later

Marie Mamiya

Aug 14, 2017
Why are these stupid poll needed? What is the point of this poll?
The forum was created for adults, there are thousands of games for different audiences.
Your question is solved by simply reading the description of the topic, use tags and making an independent decision to download or not. Do not like the translation or something else - look for a game that suits you. If you see that the game contains a bad translation, why do you download and play it?

It is difficult to find a person who will say that he likes games with bugs and errors in the text. A normal person, in principle, cannot like it. Any author of the game seeks to make the final version stable and of high quality. And in most cases this is what happens. If someone makes a low-quality product, they will not pay him or he will not be able to attract a sufficient audience.

The final version in most cases is finalized and has no errors.

For all games that are not completed, do not have an official translation, it is impossible to apply the requirements the same as for the final game with an official translation.

The user has the choice to wait for the final version and enjoy the quality of the game and text, or use what is now. A lot of good games are made not in English, there is no translation at all, or it is done in 5-10 years (and that is not always official). And if someone made an amateur translation of a good game, where you can understand the essence, then why should this not be?
Many users have to play the game without translation in the original language...
According to this logic, it is necessary to prohibit all demos and everything that is not the final version. Because bugs are more annoying than text, etc.

If you are a fan of good text in the game, then you can play in the original language (for example, in Japanese). But I do not know Japanese, and I am quite satisfied with an amateur translation.
You don’t know the language, but you don’t like the amateur translation. Wait for the official professional translation and do not stop others from making their choice.

A game forum exists for this, that to have all possible options are available.
Many games are made for several years, as well as good translations. A huge audience is interested in this.
And your poll is contrary to the specifics of the forum and the question itself is pretty stupid. Since there are rules for posting games on the forum and everything is spelled out there. The user chooses what to do. The forum is intended for any work at any stage of development, respectively, most of such work will contain bugs and poor translation (where is the translation done).

If you go to the store and there they sell something that you will never need, will you also demand to ban selling it? Make a poll whether you like "living in a house without a roof" or "in a fully finished house". All this also matches your poll.

Yes, language is not important for me - Language as well as quality is important to everyone. This is what the author of the game/ translation and any user strive for. No one in their right mind makes a game by specially placing bad text in it or by specially placing bugs.

Yes, only if it is an edited translation - Who will do the "edited translation" and how to understand that it is edited. The author first does something, finds errors and fixes them himself. And this editing can take from several hours to several months. An edited translation can be the next day or a year later ... And sometimes untranslated places can be found in the already edited several times version....

No, but it'd be better to post them in the special translation thread before moving to the main one - Who will do this special translation branch, and why even put such a condition. The author himself decides how to work. One game can be translated by several people separately from each other. Sometimes there is a branch with translation, sometimes it is not there. But there is always an OP where everything is written. (If an official game comes out with an official translation, this is prescribed in the OP. If a temporary translation comes out or a translation request is also written in the OP. And the thread are different.)

No, I generally hate MTL games - Okay, go play in what you like. Read the description, choose the conditions that suit and play ...

Any translation involves a lot of work. You need not only to translate the game into another language, you also need to seriously work with the game system so that the text displays correctly and there are no bugs. In essence, translation is the process of creating a new game. And the more complex the original, the more difficult the work of the translator. Sometimes writing a new game is easier and faster than translating the old one.
Therefore, the translation of games must be treated accordingly. These are the same authors who can make a bug, miss an error, but always strive to fix everything, and try do it well.
While people work and do at least something, without forcing anyone to use their work. Other people come who do nothing but want to get only quality work and are ready only to conduct polls on a topic in which they themselves are poorly versed ......
Aww...don't put labels on me, using the word "you". It's not very polite :rolleyes:

I really like that you shared your opinion. However, you cannot judge the others.
I wanna be friends with you! :3 Let's be respectful :)

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Son of a Bitch is a good example of a machine translated game that is nearly unplayable for an English speaker unless you get one of the mods that has some edited translations. Even then it's pretty hard to follow what's going on.

The unedited version is so poorly translated that I found myself just picking things at random because I had absolutely no idea what was going on. I found it almost as confusing as playing the untranslated Russian version (and I speak zero Russian). The dialog and event choices were unintelligible gibberish. I do like some of the actors used and I actually did like some of the gameplay but eventually gave up on it due partly to the translation issues and partly to the INSANE grind.

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
Aww...don't put labels on me, using the word "you". It's not very polite :rolleyes:

I really like that you shared your opinion. However, you cannot judge the others.
I wanna be friends with you! :3 Let's be respectful :)
a5b640076c455200b1a2f725b6fb5d8e.jpg
If you have arranged this poll and it is impolite to contact you by writing "you", then this is as strange as the poll itself.

How then to contact you "politely"? "Hey guy?"...
I did not suspect that the spelling "you" would arouse suspicions of my "hostility" to you... Until you wrote about it, I didn't even think about it ...

In order to introduce a designation of the type of translation, it is not necessary to arrange a poll with such questions.
Since apart from the translation itself, the ability of the author of the translation to work with the system so that there are no bugs matters.
And the very concept of translation of a game includes both the translation itself and its adaptation to the game.
The author can make a literary translation but cannot cope with its adaptation to the game. As a result, the game will be perfectly translated, but contain bugs that do not allow you to pass part of the game.
The designation of the type / quality of the translation is important, but this should be done by the author himself in the description.
You can ask to make an additional description with screenshots of translation examples in certain scenes. But in general, this already exists.

Objectively, even the author himself will not always correctly evaluate the translation. Someone will say in a bad translation that his translation is professional, someone on the contrary, will appreciate a very good translation as low.
The same for the user. One user says that he is happy with everything, the other will find something to complain about.
(Sometimes users cannot figure out which tags are needed, and not just with something else. For example, half says that you need to put a specific tag, and the other half, including the author, says that it is not necessary.)

By and large, the quality of the translation can be divided into three parts.
1. Machine translation speaks for itself - the translation is done automatically. Belongs to the low quality category. rarely middle and normal
2. If the machine translation has been edited, then this is no longer a machine translation. This can already be called an amateur translation. Depends on how well the changes were made. It can be from low quality to high. Usually rated as average quality.
3. Next is a semi-professional and professional translation. This is usually a literary translation. Most often done for money by professional translators or by the author himself. Quality from normal to highest.

The best option is the official translation of the game. Quality is guaranteed here.

Other translation options can vary from machine translation to professional. It all depends on the author.

The described three parts of the translation can be divided into a larger number of parts, but this does not make much sense. the more evaluators, the greater the chance to give an incorrect assessment. (to evaluate the quality of a translation from 1 to 3 is easier than from 1 to 10).
Translation evaluation criteria should be developed and used by the translators themselves. For users, a general description of the translation in the OP is sufficient. In general, you can divide the translation into good or bad, and this is enough ...

If the game does not have a mark for professional translation, it can continue to be considered as in need of translation.
Usually, users make a request for translation and nothing prevents you from doing the same in the case when the game already has an unprofessional translation. Everything can be agreed with the administration.
For example, make a list of games in need of translation. The translator who wants to translate the game makes a post that he will do it. Many forums have separate sections dedicated to the translation of games for translators only.

A rather controversial statement that machine-translated games are not translated further because they have already been translated. It all depends on the desire of users and the willingness of a professional translator to take up the translation.
A lot of requests were made for some games a long time ago, but these games still have not received any translation.
And here we are talking about the translation of games that already have at least some kind of translation.

There are also many examples where the game was translated several times and always professionally. (The game was translated professionally, then after a few years the author himself decided to do the translation and did it. In this case, the author’s version is slightly better only due to the technical part of adapting the translation. The translation itself is practically no different)

In any case, it would be correct for the initiative to come from the translators themselves. They work on translations and know what they need, better than a simple user. The user does not have to specify how translators must work; he can only make suggestions on how best to designate the current translation (what which should be included in the topic description in the OP). And if possible, help with the work on improving the translation...

Marie Mamiya

Aug 14, 2017
View attachment 548008
If you have arranged this poll and it is impolite to contact you by writing "you", then this is as strange as the poll itself.

How then to contact you "politely"? "Hey guy?"...
I did not suspect that the spelling "you" would arouse suspicions of my "hostility" to you... Until you wrote about it, I didn't even think about it ...

In order to introduce a designation of the type of translation, it is not necessary to arrange a poll with such questions.
Since apart from the translation itself, the ability of the author of the translation to work with the system so that there are no bugs matters.
And the very concept of translation of a game includes both the translation itself and its adaptation to the game.
The author can make a literary translation but cannot cope with its adaptation to the game. As a result, the game will be perfectly translated, but contain bugs that do not allow you to pass part of the game.
The designation of the type / quality of the translation is important, but this should be done by the author himself in the description.
You can ask to make an additional description with screenshots of translation examples in certain scenes. But in general, this already exists.

Objectively, even the author himself will not always correctly evaluate the translation. Someone will say in a bad translation that his translation is professional, someone on the contrary, will appreciate a very good translation as low.
The same for the user. One user says that he is happy with everything, the other will find something to complain about.
(Sometimes users cannot figure out which tags are needed, and not just with something else. For example, half says that you need to put a specific tag, and the other half, including the author, says that it is not necessary.)

By and large, the quality of the translation can be divided into three parts.
1. Machine translation speaks for itself - the translation is done automatically. Belongs to the low quality category. rarely middle and normal
2. If the machine translation has been edited, then this is no longer a machine translation. This can already be called an amateur translation. Depends on how well the changes were made. It can be from low quality to high. Usually rated as average quality.
3. Next is a semi-professional and professional translation. This is usually a literary translation. Most often done for money by professional translators or by the author himself. Quality from normal to highest.

The best option is the official translation of the game. Quality is guaranteed here.

Other translation options can vary from machine translation to professional. It all depends on the author.

The described three parts of the translation can be divided into a larger number of parts, but this does not make much sense. the more evaluators, the greater the chance to give an incorrect assessment. (to evaluate the quality of a translation from 1 to 3 is easier than from 1 to 10).
Translation evaluation criteria should be developed and used by the translators themselves. For users, a general description of the translation in the OP is sufficient. In general, you can divide the translation into good or bad, and this is enough ...

If the game does not have a mark for professional translation, it can continue to be considered as in need of translation.
Usually, users make a request for translation and nothing prevents you from doing the same in the case when the game already has an unprofessional translation. Everything can be agreed with the administration.
For example, make a list of games in need of translation. The translator who wants to translate the game makes a post that he will do it. Many forums have separate sections dedicated to the translation of games for translators only.

A rather controversial statement that machine-translated games are not translated further because they have already been translated. It all depends on the desire of users and the willingness of a professional translator to take up the translation.
A lot of requests were made for some games a long time ago, but these games still have not received any translation.
And here we are talking about the translation of games that already have at least some kind of translation.

There are also many examples where the game was translated several times and always professionally. (The game was translated professionally, then after a few years the author himself decided to do the translation and did it. In this case, the author’s version is slightly better only due to the technical part of adapting the translation. The translation itself is practically no different)

In any case, it would be correct for the initiative to come from the translators themselves. They work on translations and know what they need, better than a simple user. The user does not have to specify how translators must work; he can only make suggestions on how best to designate the current translation (what which should be included in the topic description in the OP). And if possible, help with the work on improving the translation...
Impressive text :) It seems, this topic is really essential for you. I'm glad to see that!

Nope, I meant, you used the word "you" with the words of actions and categories: play, not to play, fan, need, do not need, etc.

I just wanted to have a global view on the MTL games and what people think about it. That's it. It's not difficult to understand, I suppose? Please, don't make a thing out of it ;) I will not answer your message the next time because I consider this dialog not adult.

By the way, I'm also a meme queen :devilish:

8zzs1w4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sole

ilovenudemods

Came for the tits, stayed for the story.
Donor
Apr 10, 2018
Yes, and we should also ban russian games with horrible grammar. In fact we should ban all games not written by native english speakers.

Why even stop there? There are still plenty of games with shitty renders/drawings and some even have fetishes I personally don't like.

Point is, we are not the quality police, we don't pick and choose which games are good enough for the site and don't even feel sorry if some of the free stuff we upload don't meet your quality standards.
no one is asking you guys to be the quality police of anything. but a MTL tag would be a pretty easy way to categorize garbage translations. most uploaders know if their game is MTL or not. and not everyone has unlimited bandwidth or unlimited time. we sort everything else on this site, what's another tag? it's just a suggestion, after all.

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
This thread felt very weird while reading...

If the question is: could be useful to have a MTL tag? Then my answer is: yes.

It's well known that F95 always had "issues" with the lack of tags:
  • We could have "Netorare" and "Netori" instead of just "NTR".
  • We could have "Animal Ears" instead of using "Monster Girl" or "Furry" because those three are completely different things.
  • We could have "Futanari" and "Transexual" instead of only "Futanari/Transexual" because it's a key difference for almost everyone who enjoys one or the other.
  • We could have "Gay", "Gay Only", "Lesbian", "Lesbian Only" instead of just "Gay" and "Lesbian" because I wouldn't fap to a "Gay Only" game but if I start passing on game just because they have some "Gay" content I would have missed a lot of good games, and I'm not 100% sure of this but if you search the most liked "Gay" games in the latest update, the first 37 games aren't gay only or even with gay content as one of its focuses (again, not 100% sure of this).

If the question is: would be stupid to differentiate MTL games from "real translations"? Then my answer is: maybe, but it's not uncommon.

This is the only site where I watch for new games but for doujins I have more than one site and it's not rare to see tags to differentiate things like "poor gramar" and "rewrite"Some sites even specify when the translations was from Chinese to English instead of Japanese to English. It helps people to know what they're about to read and drastically reduces the amount of bitching about the gramar.

Now, if the questions is: should we ban MTL games or differentiate them by putting them in some place away from the others? Then my answer is: No, not really, that sounds kinda stupid. Maybe it could work but it would need some more/better criterias than just that.

Marie Mamiya

Aug 14, 2017
This thread felt very weird while reading...

If the question is: could be useful to have a MTL tag? Then my answer is: yes.

It's well known that F95 always had "issues" with the lack of tags:
  • We could have "Netorare" and "Netori" instead of just "NTR".
  • We could have "Animal Ears" instead of using "Monster Girl" or "Furry" because those three are completely different things.
  • We could have "Futanari" and "Transexual" instead of only "Futanari/Transexual" because it's a key difference for almost everyone who enjoys one or the other.
  • We could have "Gay", "Gay Only", "Lesbian", "Lesbian Only" instead of just "Gay" and "Lesbian" because I wouldn't fap to a "Gay Only" game but if I start passing on game just because they have some "Gay" content I would have missed a lot of good games, and I'm not 100% sure of this but if you search the most liked "Gay" games in the latest update, the first 37 games aren't gay only or even with gay content as one of its focuses (again, not 100% sure of this).

If the question is: would be stupid to differentiate MTL games from "real translations"? Then my answer is: maybe, but it's not uncommon.

This is the only site where I watch for new games but for doujins I have more than one site and it's not rare to see tags to differentiate things like "poor gramar" and "rewrite"Some sites even specify when the translations was from Chinese to English instead of Japanese to English. It helps people to know what they're about to read and drastically reduces the amount of bitching about the gramar.

Now, if the questions is: should we ban MTL games or differentiate them by putting them in some place away from the others? Then my answer is: No, not really, that sounds kinda stupid. Maybe it could work but it would need some more/better criterias than just that.
Sounds cool! I agree that I was too quick while creating the poll and thinking about its name. Actually, that's what I really wanted, creating this thread: adding tags or new category in "Translations".

How could we implement that?

Reactions: Sole

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
For people asking for an MTL tag consider this:

Good and bad are subjective. Who decides what is good and what is bad? There are bad "official translations" that are done by "professionals" that are just as bad or worse then Many MTLs, Remember Sakura games? Should they be categorized under this tag you want? They aren't fan translations they were done by "professionals." Also if a good translation happens to use a machine translator but is edited and effort is put into it should that go under that tag despite being a "good one". It is not just as simple as MTL = bad there is a lot of logistics that will go into this work that will need to be figured out by the staff. What your asking for is unreasonable and like the mods said it is not their job to police quality and decide what is good and what is bad. That is YOUR responsibility. Most MTLS say so in the thread, you have to look inside the thread to see tags too. What you really want is a magic button to filter things out becasue you are too lazy to open your eyes and read.

If that is what you want I have a solution for you. most if not all MTLs are in RPGM. RPGM is already a tag. Filter out all RPGM games. Problem solved.

Sorry for being very stern, however I am getting tired of the constant whining about it. If you don't like it ignore it and don't get mad when people aren't thrilled about over complicating things with unnecessary tags and mechanics that you don't have to setup. Not cool to make work for others.

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
Impressive text :) It seems, this topic is really essential for you. I'm glad to see that!

Nope, I meant, you used the word "you" with the words of actions and categories: play, not to play, fan, need, do not need, etc.

I just wanted to have a global view on the MTL games and what people think about it. That's it. It's not difficult to understand, I suppose? Please, don't make a thing out of it ;) I will not answer your message the next time because I consider this dialog not adult.

By the way, I'm also a meme queen :devilish:

View attachment 548030
You have created a topic for exchange of opinions. If any phrases and expressions are unacceptable in this topic, you should write this in the OP. First you create this topic, then in other topics, ask to go into your topic and then try to find in a simple opinion what is not there. I wrote about translations and did not think to offend you in any way.
One gets the feeling that it doesn't matter to you what is written about the translation, but it seems to you that I’am discussing you because I used the word “you”...
If you know the use of the word "you", then it has many meanings and sometimes it is just a phrase without referring to anyone. If the word "you" cares no less than translations, make the following poll on the use of "you" on the forum ...
My opinion is just an opinion. I am quite satisfied with the current situation and I can easily read the description of the translation to understand what I need or not. I am familiar with the topic because sometimes I help some translators and I know how they work.
And I have no desire to continue to communicate with you, because in any of my proposals you see a threat to yourself. You can blacklist me and calm down. You can also delete my posts or complain to the administration...

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
You are wasting your time and the staffs time. First you ask for people's opinions, then ignore the ones that don't fit your narrative and then pull little bits from the ones that do and decide that this is what is best. Your poll says otherwise and you claim this is what people want. Stop bullshitting people, this is what YOU want not what other want. This poll is a joke, stop trying to force your narrative on others because you are so butt hurt about machine translations.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
I think those games should be here of course.
the only thing that could be added is a "machine translated" tag or/and in the game information should be: Language: English (Machine Translated) and nothing else, and not hidden inside a spoiler note.

as for me I dont like MTL, usually they dont make sense and for me the narrative is very important to make a sex scene exciting.
its like watching a movie with a bad translation that is not accurate. I want to immerse myself into the characters and read whats going on, in their mind, feelings etc. a MTL will ruin that. but, of course MTL is better than nothing.

Gallahaven't

Aug 9, 2018
okay, so personally I'm fine with using MTL. I think it can speed up the process of translating by an absolute ton, and that it can allow people who don't read Japanese, or Russian, or whatever other language it may be in to translate works and then go in and edit the themselves. it's what I'm going to start doing here soon once I have the time to start translating stuff. It's easier to use MTL first and edit second than it is to just go in and translate yourself. MTL on it's own however is complete trash, and unless you want to have a good laugh at how bad it gets then I would suggest at least editing your work, please for the love of everything holy.

Apr 18, 2019
You'd be surprised. There are countries where english isn't the native language with people inside that are able to speak english without being a robot.