Ren'Py [DevThread] Alexia's Return or Tara's Liberation

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
He told by the end of this month but I guess middle of the month.
I've been making good progress, but quite a bit of that is just me writing more for some events/plotlines than I had expected.

However, there are also plenty of smaller things I don't really have to put into v.12, but am feeling tempted to. The more of those I have, the less risk I have that the options available on a given day become very repetetive. As most scenes will only be available for one pregnancy-state of Tara (and may even depend on other character's pregnancies, too), quite a variety seems desirable.

And then there are issues like Barbara's pregnancy. She was the first to become pregnant (update-wise), and letting her give birth feels like its overdue. However, if I add that, I also need to add a scene where she can get knocked up again (because some other scenes might only be available if Barbara is pregnant).

In the end, I'll just have to try and find a good point to release v.12, and then put the rest into v.13.

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
So, I'm at about 30k words and 120 animations for the update. I'm tending towards just adding the necessary scenes to round things out (which are a few), and then go ahead with v.12. Either way, it should be the largest update I've done.

jcbchris

Dec 26, 2020
So, I'm at about 30k words and 120 animations for the update. I'm tending towards just adding the necessary scenes to round things out (which are a few), and then go ahead with v.12. Either way, it should be the largest update I've done.
Can't wait!

Reactions: Shogu1

TerjeS

Feb 5, 2023
just dl the win Version: 0.12 upon extraction getting an error in part 2 so unable to make it work

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
just dl the win Version: 0.12 upon extraction getting an error in part 2 so unable to make it work
I haven't split the files, so I can't personally promise that they should work. However, do keep in mind that the way split archives work is that you put both parts in the same folder, and then you unpack the first one only. The second file gets automatically accessed in that process.

Ohikabir

May 2, 2021
I haven't split the files, so I can't personally promise that they should work. However, do keep in mind that the way split archives work is that you put both parts in the same folder, and then you unpack the first one only. The second file gets automatically accessed in that process.
When will be the android version updated??

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
Just to give another small update: I'm still finding opportunities to work on the game. The number of completed scenes for v0.13 has only gone up to 3, but the fourth one is both almost done and rather big: 17 animations, around 80 pictures, and some more dialogue-heavy parts.

Game-play wise, my intention for v.13 is to make it possible for Tara to gain control of two of the baronies; and to add another minigame acting as alternative source of wealth (so it becomes easier to avoid the tax discrepancy one).

Miri getting human offspring, Barbara and Susi giving birth, and the new school seeing some action is probably all going to be pushed back to v0.14.

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
Change of plans. I'm almost done with the scenes I had planned as the core of v0.13. However, when testing I noticed that the timing just doesn't work well - you'd be skipping over days afer days with only repeated scenes to hunt the new stuff.

Just to recap, scenes generally have a requirement that Tara either is visibly pregnant or is not (with some scenes demanding that she isn't pregnant at all, because she's getting impregnated in them). Tara's babybump starts showing 15 days after impregnation, and she can give birth 45 days after impregnation. The new scenes include several chances for her to become pregnant, but most of them require her to be not visibly pregnant. Hence, the issue with having to skip and skip until the 45 days are over and she can give birth.

The new minigame would only really start after most of the new content, so that doesn't help (and it would be based on code with exclusively Russian comments.. so getting it to work is another issue).

What I am currently considering is to add (some of) the school content. That would at least mean that those of you who already grinded to built the school have stuff happening. The school content would happen on temple days, and those need more content the most.

TLDR: New update will come a bit later, but with more stuff.

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
I've sprted out my plans for the school content, and started writing. Here is how it is going to work:

Once the school has been built, Tara can go and teach a class on temple days. There is a variety of lessons to deliver, including but not limited to sex ed. Whenever she is teaching, the player can pick one of two offered lessons. If a lesson is delivered successfully, it is removed from the list for the future. For example, the lesson on geography involves getting a few questions right. Fail, and it may appear as an option again, succed, and it's gone - which makes it more likely that the two choices you get next time involve something spicier. Every successful lesson will give some progress towards prosperity, successful sex ed lessons also give progress towards liberation.

As I mentioned earlier, the coming update will also include scenes with the canine offspring of Miri and Tara. There you will typically be able to select which dog you want, and the dialogue will not only use the name of the dog, but also include references to its parentage (eg you'll get different dialogue if Miri fucks a dog-who-is-her-brother than if she fucks a dog-who-is-her-son). I may even include a bit here or there where the code checks a bit further up the family tree (eg what if Tara has a dog-son with her dog-son, and then fucks a dog who is both her son and her grandson), but I'm quite sure that will get too complicated quickly. What the choice will not impact is the visuals: Each scene will have a dog looking one particular way, so a named dog may look one way in one scene and a different way some other scene. Anything else would just be way too much work.

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
And here it is:

Update v0.12 -> v0.13beta:

Instructions: Place all *.rpa files into the "game"-folder.

Note that this a beta-version - it is very plausible that I've overlooked some bugs here or there. If you spot something, please let me know (and if everything works fine, please also let me know until the point when I announce the "real" release). In all likelihood, the file chapter4b.rpa is stable, and any bugfixes only involve downloading a new scripts.rpa.

In the spoiler below is a list of all new scenes and their preconditions. Of course, this means is an actual spoiler - but if you stop seeing new stuff, you can check whether you've missed something. Note that depending on your choices and random chance, getting every single scene possible might be a bit grindy. Once it starts feeling repetetive, consider waiting for v0.14, which will add more scenes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

AraKnus

Sep 30, 2021
And here it is:

Update v0.12 -> v0.13beta:

Instructions: Place all *.rpa files into the "game"-folder.

Note that this a beta-version - it is very plausible that I've overlooked some bugs here or there. If you spot something, please let me know (and if everything works fine, please also let me know until the point when I announce the "real" release). In all likelihood, the file chapter4b.rpa is stable, and any bugfixes only involve downloading a new scripts.rpa.

In the spoiler below is a list of all new scenes and their preconditions. Of course, this means is an actual spoiler - but if you stop seeing new stuff, you can check whether you've missed something. Note that depending on your choices and random chance, getting every single scene possible might be a bit grindy. Once it starts feeling repetetive, consider waiting for v0.14, which will add more scenes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you so much for this upload,
(testing it now)

btw, we were also wondering if by any chance, you have tested & play in the past this one:

did you liked it ?
(suggestion for chapter 15 new scenes: we could include goblins, troll chiefs and kobol warlords to visit the village and eventually, meet Mikhi and Daniel's Family)

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
I've updated the scripts.rpa file in the link above. If you've downloaded the earlier one, please replace it with the new one.

There are two bugfixes in there:
- There was a bug in recording the gender of Tara's baby with the Baron. This bug should be fixed for the future. The script should also fix the bug retroactively, provided that Tara did not have a baby other than a cisgirl with her father or son after the baby with the Baron. (In particular, if she had no baby, or only Jana's baby, after the one with the Baron, it works). In other cases, the genders of the babies may be mixed up.

- It is no longer possible to expedite the construction of the school if it is already (almost) done.

I can report "Image 'menucountess' not found" so far
That image would be part of chapter4.rpa, which is part of v0.12. Did you start with a working installation of v0.12 before adding the update?

Last edited:

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
Can somebody give a quick rundown of the Go rules ?
If you fully surround a group of your opponents tokens, you can take them and gain points (and vice versa). Any unoccupied position in the inside of that group prevents it. At the end, you get points for all your tokens still on the board, as well as for the unoccupied spots surrounded by them.

• Red Heart
Reactions: origeee
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote