Ren'Py [DevThread] Alexia's Return or Tara's Liberation

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

AraKnus

Sep 30, 2021
I've updated the scripts.rpa file in the link above. If you've downloaded the earlier one, please replace it with the new one.
(y)

ok, message received.
Re-downloading it now once again.
Thank you for the orientation

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
btw, we were also wondering if by any chance, you have tested & play in the past this one:

did you liked it ?
(suggestion for chapter 15 new scenes: we could include goblins, troll chiefs and kobol warlords to visit the village and eventually, meet Mikhi and Daniel's Family)
The Goblin's Brides is one of my favourite AVNs! The juxtaposition of Yharnam's amazing beauty with a goblin, all in a story that one can read as very wholesome, with a lovely extended pregnancy-ending.. I love it!

For my game, I don't really want to have non-human humanoids to be something normal. The reason is that it weakens the bestiality-taboo. For example, take Roundscape Adorevia. Having the Heroine hook up with a centaur or minotaur kinda takes away much of the "specialness" of her fucking a horse (but then, fucking horses doesn't seem unusual at all in that world). Tara is working towards making her world's sexual habits be like those in Adorevia (except way more incest), they don't start like that.

I might have room for a "first contact with migrating orc tribe"-scenario. But definitely not yet, and by the time we get there, I might want to take the most direct route to completing the game.

Enough of what won't be in the next update. Here is what I've got so far:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: gnole13 and DrMage

jcbchris

Dec 26, 2020
The Goblin's Brides is one of my favourite AVNs! The juxtaposition of Yharnam's amazing beauty with a goblin, all in a story that one can read as very wholesome, with a lovely extended pregnancy-ending.. I love it!

For my game, I don't really want to have non-human humanoids to be something normal. The reason is that it weakens the bestiality-taboo. For example, take Roundscape Adorevia. Having the Heroine hook up with a centaur or minotaur kinda takes away much of the "specialness" of her fucking a horse (but then, fucking horses doesn't seem unusual at all in that world). Tara is working towards making her world's sexual habits be like those in Adorevia (except way more incest), they don't start like that.

I might have room for a "first contact with migrating orc tribe"-scenario. But definitely not yet, and by the time we get there, I might want to take the most direct route to completing the game.

Enough of what won't be in the next update. Here is what I've got so far:
Urmm can you please make the cock on Tara to be optional without reducing content to half since you moved it to that direction? I don't mean to be offensive or anything, but for me futa is really turning me off.

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
Urmm can you please make the cock on Tara to be optional without reducing content to half since you moved it to that direction? I don't mean to be offensive or anything, but for me futa is really turning me off.
The basic idea with the cock is that Tara grows it when she wants to use it, and then dismisses it afterwards. In particular, she won't have it in scenes where it isn't needed, and there is no issue with having non-futa scenes following futa scenes, etc. I currently don't see a need to require picking any futa-scenes for progression, or to gate a signficant amount of non-futa content behind any futa-scenes. However, this could change. For example, I'm thinking of Miri asking Tara to marry her when Tara asks whether Miri wants to bear her mothers baby. I do have an alternative for that particular milestone in mind though. But for now, never "meditating on the nature of cocks" means you avoid all that.

The main purpose of Tara being able to grow a cock is to solve the conundrum of "How are two women going to have a baby together?". Being able to offer some scenes for futa-lovers is a positive side effect. There are current a grand total of 3 futa scenes in the game. Of the 13 scenes planned for the next update, 2 are futa scenes. So I don't think you need to worry about missing too much if you avoid the futa-stuff.

Aug 27, 2021
The basic idea with the cock is that Tara grows it when she wants to use it, and then dismisses it afterwards. In particular, she won't have it in scenes where it isn't needed, and there is no issue with having non-futa scenes following futa scenes, etc. I currently don't see a need to require picking any futa-scenes for progression, or to gate a signficant amount of non-futa content behind any futa-scenes. However, this could change. For example, I'm thinking of Miri asking Tara to marry her when Tara asks whether Miri wants to bear her mothers baby. I do have an alternative for that particular milestone in mind though. But for now, never "meditating on the nature of cocks" means you avoid all that.

The main purpose of Tara being able to grow a cock is to solve the conundrum of "How are two women going to have a baby together?". Being able to offer some scenes for futa-lovers is a positive side effect. There are current a grand total of 3 futa scenes in the game. Of the 13 scenes planned for the next update, 2 are futa scenes. So I don't think you need to worry about missing too much if you avoid the futa-stuff.
Wow, Miri getting pregnant by her mom... That will be hot, I would love to see that :love:

Reactions: xana94

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
Here is v0.14 beta:

As usual, place both the chapter4c.rpa and scripts.rpa into the "game"-folder, overwriting the current scripts.rpa.

Last edited:

jackeasy

Aug 23, 2017
Seems like the background for the tetris game is missing in the beta patch?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'Tetris/back.jpg'>:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'Tetris/back.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "chapter4-family2.rpyc", line 507, in script call
  File "tetris.rpyc", line 643, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 2015, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 2003, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 3136, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3839, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2565, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 263, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 826, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 688, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1264, in render
    st, at)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1264, in render
    st, at)
  File "renpy/display/transform.py", line 733, in render
    return transform_render(self, width, height, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 187, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 625, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 287, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 706, in load
    raise e
IOError: Couldn't find file 'Tetris/back.jpg'.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Tara's Liberation or Alexia's Return 0.14beta
Wed Sep  6 19:43:23 2023

Aug 27, 2021
well this game sure was fun while lasted got to the chapter where ya got to kill skeleton dudes or whatever
then exited/deleted the game
ive no time or patience for mini games/puzzles and garbage like that such a shame and a waste to see games get ruined from having all that in them ...sometimes i wonder if the people that make the games are old enough to be doing so ...anyway good luck
So you are missing sooo much. And you can skip this dungeon, even tho there is quiet few fun scenes

CrotchLint

Mar 11, 2018

You don't really get it. If futa is a turn off for people then it doesn't matter if it disappears or not. Any futa content at all is enough to be a deal breaker.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote