Ren'Py [DevThread] Alexia's Return or Tara's Liberation

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
Here is . Important: I'm calling it "demo", not "beta", because it has only about half the content I want to include in v.12 eventually, and saves from v.12demo will NOT be compatible with v.12 once it comes out [there are some scenes to be added that should happen before stuff which is already in, and I'll probably rebalance some values].

Install instructions: Download both files, place into "game" folder. Overwrite the old scripts.rpa.

Important content which is absent: Puppy-making (although the lead-up is there), Tara acting as Countess

However, quite a bit of stuff is there I'd love some feedback one. The core gameplay loop of Tara alternating between Priestess-stuff and family-stuff. Some minigames. The basic giving-birth system.

Most scenes in Chapter 4 will require Tara to either be visibly pregnant (15 days after conception) or not. A few short ones have duplicate versions. In the demo, I expect the best way to experience everything is to delay giving birth until you've seen the preggo-stuff, and then go for the non-preggo stuff. However, Tara can in principle get arbitrarily many babies in v.12demo already. Most scenes are going to be straight-forward to find, for the exception, make sure to give "cooking while pregnant" a few chances (scene has 1/3 chance of triggering each time you do that minigame while visibly pregnant).

Edit: I should have added that the highest liberation value that currently has an impact is 24.

Last edited:

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
feedback for chapter 3: make a map of every level, because i managed to get lost XD and miss most of the upgrades XD
But there is a map! Available either by playing on easy, or by spending a perk on it. Button is in the lower left corner (admittedly, rather inconspicuous).

Reactions: GmFn1869

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
But there is a map! Available either by playing on easy, or by spending a perk on it. Button is in the lower left corner (admittedly, rather inconspicuous).
O_O may have missed it...also it says that playing at easy would cut off some content from chap4...so i didn't want to risk it

origeee

Feb 21, 2020
Should I just put both files into the game folder or should I delete chapter3.rpa and chapterC3.rpa first ?

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
Should I just put both files into the game folder or should I delete chapter3.rpa and chapterC3.rpa first ?
Just put both files in the game folder. The files chapter3.rpa and chapter3C.rpa just contain the images/videos for Chapter 3, so they should stay.

Reactions: origeee

AraKnus

Sep 30, 2021
Here is . Important: I'm calling it "demo", not "beta", because it has only about half the content I want to include in v.12 eventually, and saves from v.12demo will NOT be compatible with v.12 once it comes out [there are some scenes to be added that should happen before stuff which is already in, and I'll probably rebalance some values].
first, duplicating and doing complete entire game backup folder, and only then copying all v12.demo files for testing!
we are so happly and glad this game is receiving a l0t of renewed hype recently! This game deserves so much love
:love:

SUVA2000

Jun 28, 2020

Install instructions: Download both files, place into "game" folder. Overwrite the old scripts.rpa.

Important content which is absent: Puppy-making (although the lead-up is there), Tara acting as Countess

However, quite a bit of stuff is there I'd love some feedback one. The core gameplay loop of Tara alternating between Priestess-stuff and family-stuff. Some minigames. The basic giving-birth system.

Most scenes in Chapter 4 will require Tara to either be visibly pregnant (15 days after conception) or not. A few short ones have duplicate versions. In the demo, I expect the best way to experience everything is to delay giving birth until you've seen the preggo-stuff, and then go for the non-preggo stuff. However, Tara can in principle get arbitrarily many babies in v.12demo already. Most scenes are going to be straight-forward to find, for the exception, make sure to give "cooking while pregnant" a few chances (scene has 1/3 chance of triggering each time you do that minigame while visibly pregnant).

Edit: I should have added that the highest liberation value that currently has an impact is 24.
When is v12 coming bro ?? Excited to see new work..

SUVA2000

Jun 28, 2020

When is v12 coming ?? Very excited to see your new works.

SUVA2000

Jun 28, 2020

Hi there, take my greetings RandyTyr Because there is no update from your side since many days so just asking. Are you progressing v12 or it is paused or dropped ??

SUVA2000

Jun 28, 2020
"File does not exist" when I click the v12demo link :-(
Because it's removed. Ask if someone can upload their downloaded copy. I could have do that for you but unfortunately I sold my lapi which had that version & recently purchased another gamng lapi.

AraKnus

Sep 30, 2021
yes, we are counting down live, waiting for any v0.12 official release
(we're eager to re-play this game once more, Daniel in fact, is actually the real mc in this game) (y)

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
"File does not exist" when I click the v12demo link :-(
I've re-uploaded the demo:

Progress on getting the actual v.12 done is going well, but still a bit to go. To give a progress measure, I'm currently at 70 animations for the coming update (in comparison, v.11 had 49). It'll be at least 100 before I'm done.

SUVA2000

Jun 28, 2020
I've re-uploaded the demo:

Progress on getting the actual v.12 done is going well, but still a bit to go. To give a progress measure, I'm currently at 70 animations for the coming update (in comparison, v.11 had 49). It'll be at least 100 before I'm done.
Awesome. That's exciting.

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
I've got an idea for a (sub)scene, but I'm not sure whether it actually fits in with my overall principles. It would be optional. The description contains spoilers for Chapter 4, but if you want to weigh in and don't mind that:

Never mind, I figured out what I want to do.

Last edited:

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
I've crossed the 20k words threshold for the update (which is about 4x as much as the previous one had). Of the two big things to happen in v.12, one is done. The other has the setup scenes, but no more. And then there are still some smaller scenes I definitely need in v.12.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As Tara is going to get involved in geopolitical matters in Chapter 4, here a first attempt at creating a map of the local region:
Pelior.jpg

Pelior County is the so far unnamed entity the Count is the Count of. Places mentioned but not seen are the Eastern Kingdoms (to the east, duh) and the Arkanian Empire (to the south). The river flows to the east (maybe I should make it a bit narrower in the west).

SUVA2000

Jun 28, 2020
I've crossed the 20k words threshold for the update (which is about 4x as much as the previous one had). Of the two big things to happen in v.12, one is done. The other has the setup scenes, but no more. And then there are still some smaller scenes I definitely need in v.12.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As Tara is going to get involved in geopolitical matters in Chapter 4, here a first attempt at creating a map of the local region:
View attachment 2587676

Pelior County is the so far unnamed entity the Count is the Count of. Places mentioned but not seen are the Eastern Kingdoms (to the east, duh) and the Arkanian Empire (to the south). The river flows to the east (maybe I should make it a bit narrower in the west).
Nice dude.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote